PDA

View Full Version : Little Palace in Koh Samui

boy
April 3rd, 2010, 23:32
Hi,

I am planning already now my next vacations to Thailand which will take place in January / February 2011 and I intend to visit for the first time the Island Koh Samui for about 10 days.

In another gayforum I heared about a nice hotel called Little Palace which is not far away from the main beach and which has a nice garden with a little swimming pool. This hotel is runn by a gay couple from Germany and Thailand and I have read that in the garden/pool area there is "no swimsuits allowed" - I mean everybody will be nude there.

Does anyone had recently been at this hotel and can report about his stay there and how is the gayscene in Koh Samui ?
In case the gayscene is not so "well developped" and not many thaiboys would be around to be "hired", would it be of advantage to bring a boyfriend along from Bangkok or Pattaya where I will visit first prior to come to Koh Samui ?

Thanks to all for your input !

Best regards, boy

April 3rd, 2010, 23:52
In the Search box above, enter Little Palace Samui.

TrongpaiExpat
April 3rd, 2010, 23:53
I stayed there several times several years ago. The owner's name was Wolf and he was in his late 70's. I was back there last year and the place was closed and for sale. I wonder if there's new owners now? The place was very nice. When I was there, he had less expensive rooms across the road, I now see that's under some other name. I asked around about Wolf but no one knew much other than he old and still alive.

The pool was clothing optional back then which means the Euros go nude and their Thai BF's don't and wonder why. Wolf had the habit of getting in the pool nude with the Thai boys and trying to get them out of their swim suits, at almost 80 it was not a pretty sight.

DamienZ
April 4th, 2010, 14:42
Hi Boy,
unless you are in love I would not suggest you bring your BF to Samui with you. They gay scene is alive and well developed there and you should do quite well at any of the bars down at the Chaweng Beach area. Boyzone was always an active place and the boys there are attractive, clean and in for fun. Due to the sluggish economy and drop in tourism everything is rather negotiable.

I do not know what your budget is, but I would suggest having a look at the Best Western Koh Samui in Chaweng Noi. I have stayed there twice and every room is fabulous and has a fantastic view of the bay-you can't go wrong there. You can rent a scooter there as well to get around.

Have Fun and Chok Di, Koh Samui is a great time!

DZ
:cheers:

Beachlover
April 6th, 2010, 21:05
What is the scene at Koh Samui like now? I remember reading there's a couple of gogo bars there.

Are there any places where local gay boys (less gogo/money types) hang out as well?

bing
April 7th, 2010, 01:45
I also would be interested in hearing about life in Koh Samui, it has been my understanding it was a place for the guys from large cities (BKK & Patt) to get away for the weekend, and that it was a quiet place and not much of a gay scene. Hence it was advised to bring a Thai friend with you. Any update would be appreciated.

colmx
April 7th, 2010, 03:02
I'M staying in Samui April 11-15th

We chose Akwa guesthouse... gets mixed reviews here and elsewhere.... But its central, reasonably priced (and supposedly gay owned)

As for the gay scene.... from my research it seems very quiet... and any of the "boys" i see online seem to be quite over the hill

Will report in full when(ever) i get time

September 16th, 2010, 00:41
:sunny: There are more Gay places then Little Palace. Little Palace are over Budget price and the old guy Wolf only intresting to see his guests naked and have his own pleasure. He still owns the the house and try to sell ist before. If you like to stay in a nice place on Koh Samui, i recommend you wonderwolrdsamui Gay Bed and Breakfast. The owner is also german, but he is nice and friendly guy. he is the best host i ever had. He giv you so much information about the island and the gay scene as well.I stayed there 2008 and 2009 and will stay there again next year. beautiful place with nice garden, unfortunately he has only 3 rooms for rent. You should book early. :sunny:

lonelywombat
September 16th, 2010, 05:57
there are 2 threads on GayKoh Samui ATM

On the other I posted 3 links to maps and gay places.

If you search Koh Samui , see top right corner , you should find extra info although some out of date.