PDA

View Full Version : Where to get wet with other gays during Songkran?

blueboy
April 3rd, 2010, 16:34
Unlike many, I enjoy the fun at Songkran and getting very wet and horny with gay boys. On 19th, I am usually in Jomtien which is just unbelievable fun. So many gays, so many young men in such happy and fun mood, you can get away with a lot of fondling on the streets, and I get fondled loads as well.
Anyway, my question is this: Are there any particular places that are very gay and very wet day time in Pattaya and Jomtien (besides 19th)?

No replies needed to tell me how awful, horrible and loathed Songkran is - thank you.

April 3rd, 2010, 20:02
Songkran is awful, horrible, and loathed.

Are you really that desperate for a grope?

allieb
April 3rd, 2010, 21:01
Anyway, my question is this: Are there any particular places that are very gay and very wet day time in Pattaya and Jomtien

You could try the public toilets on the gay beach at Jomtien. Very wet for sure and if you're lucky you might get someone to piss over you

cdnmatt
April 3rd, 2010, 21:13
Songkran is awful, horrible, and loathed.

Speak for yourself. Personally, I find it quite liberating (which is the point -- wash your sins away, and all that).

thrillbill
April 3rd, 2010, 21:38
The best area for gays during Songkran is Soi Silom.. one big party and good eye candy. At night, soi 4 is packed and fun...but get there around sunset, not later. Since the "official"Songkran in Pattaya is ??? on the 19-20 April, you would want to hit Jomtien Beach Rd, right along the road where it curves between the Seven Eleven and the old KFC.

quiet1
April 4th, 2010, 10:49
Songkran is awful, horrible, and loathed.Speak for yourself. Personally, I find it quite liberating (which is the point -- wash your sins away, and all that).
I side with Twat on this one.

The "point" of Songkran is nothing about washing one's sins away: "Songkran was traditionally a time to visit and pay respects to elders, including family members, friends and neighbors."

Perhaps you're blurring Easter with Songkran since they are so close together this year?

Showing respect, not washing sins away. It remains so in many of the more rural areas, I understand

(source of quote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songkran, but many many other references define Songkran the same way)

cdnmatt
April 4th, 2010, 12:47
The "point" of Songkran is nothing about washing one's sins away: "Songkran was traditionally a time to visit and pay respects to elders, including family members, friends and neighbors."

To mark this 'pi mai' (new year) and get it off to an auspicious start, Thais clean. Everything from Buddha statues in streets to temples and houses gets a renewing wash; meanwhile anything old or unused is thrown out (believed to bring bad luck). They perform bathing rites for monks, and engage in pious activities like giving alms, Dhamma practice and listening to sermons to rinse the spirit clean, to wash away the previous year's bad actions.

Source: http://www.bangkok.com/information-fest ... gkran.html (http://www.bangkok.com/information-festivals/songkran.html)

That, and it's what loads of Thais have told me over the years, and I would imagine they would know.

April 4th, 2010, 13:21
That, and it's what loads of Thais have told me over the years, and I would imagine they would know.

You are so fucking naive, Matt. It is really hard to believe.

Have fun with your little fake Baptism.

cdnmatt
April 4th, 2010, 20:19

You are so fucking naive, Matt. It is really hard to believe.

Have fun with your little fake Baptism.

Oh, fuck. It's the same shit as the West, basically. It's the New Year, put the past behind you, and start anew with being everything you ever hoped to be. Granted, Thais do it with more of a bang, and with far more belief and tradition, but nowadays, same shit. Is it really that difficult to understand? Or is this just what happens when you get old? You negate common sense for the opportunity to bitch?

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I fully realize and understand this isn't exactly the traditional Songkran of decades ago. This is basically what it's morphed into though, so tough shit, and live with it.

April 4th, 2010, 20:47
It is nothing like the "same shit in the West". Your understanding of the Thai world around you is laughable -- which is quite understandable since you are using people from the least educated, least knowledgeable, and most ignorant stratus of society as your source of information.

You have so much to learn, and once/if you do you will no longer be in your current state of euphoria, awe and wonder. You will be kicking yourself and saying "how could I have been such a moron?"

April 4th, 2010, 23:27
It is nothing like the "same shit in the West". Your understanding of the Thai world around you is laughable ..... you are using people from the least educated, least knowledgeable, and most ignorant stratus of society as your source of information.

You have so much to learn ..... You will be kicking yourself and saying "how could I have been such a moron?"

Up until recently I would have disagreed with you on the basis that Matt was simply naive. After his recent posts, however, particularly his contention that gays are all limp-wristed, emotional little nancies while straights are all chain-smoking, slovenly, tattooed bikers, I can't understand why you say that it is only his understanding of the Thai world around him that is laughable - surely you meant the real world?

To be fair, though, why shouldn't he use "people from the least educated, least knowledgeable, and most ignorant stratus of society as (his) source of information"? After all, they are the ones with whom he has the most in common.

..... and I don't think he'll need to call himself a moron or to kick himself - there'll be plenty of others around doing that for him, literally as well as figuratively.

Geezer
April 4th, 2010, 23:53
тАЬтАж his contention that gays are all limp-wristed, emotional little nancies while straights are all chain-smoking, slovenly, tattooed bikersтАжтАЭ

Strange.

I donтАЩt recall his saying that.

April 5th, 2010, 00:08
Strange.

I donтАЩt recall his saying that.

Well, maybe you missed it or put a different interpretation (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/what-reasonable-offing-boys-t19387-60.html) on

"If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay. If he slouches on the chair with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight......

.....The guy with a bunch of tattoos, who acts manly, and won't shut up about his motorbike or sports -- he's the straight guy. The soft spoken guy who won't shut up about how much he loves going to the beach, or about his feelings -- he's the gay guy. Really, it's not rocket science to figure out who's gay.".

In hindsight maybe I was being unfair and he didn't refer specifically to little nancies - I am sure he meant big nancies too.

Geezer
April 5th, 2010, 01:17
"If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay.тАЭ

Ah, I was right.

Geezer
April 5th, 2010, 01:29
тАЬтАж his contention that gays are ALL limp-wristed, emotional little nancies while straights are all chain-smoking, slovenly, tattooed bikersтАжтАЭ

versus

"If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's PROBABLY gay.тАЭ

Putting words in someone elseтАЩs mouth is unsanitary.

colmx
April 5th, 2010, 02:13
To Answer the original posters question...

YOu will usually find Gay people "playing" water from the 13th onwards around Bamboo bar in Jomtien... the water play usually only kicks off around 4 as they try to soak the beach goers on their way home froma day at the beach...

Personally I usually hang out in some of teh lady bars on the stretch of road near Bamboo.... they are usually very gay friendly and gay populated around this time of the year...

On the 18th in the day time you will find quite a lot of gay people in the beer bars along Naklua
That night there will usually be an Issan concert on 3rd road...

Mayhem breaks our around 11-midnight and a lot of people will head to walking street (which goes all night on that night)
On the 19th everybody starts in their respective part of Pattaya in the early morning and makes their way to Jomtien over the course of the day

Night time on the 19th is dead dead dead as everybody is at home asleep!

cdnmatt
April 5th, 2010, 04:41
..... and I don't think he'll need to call himself a moron or to kick himself - there'll be plenty of others around doing that for him, literally as well as figuratively.

Which is why I now prefer Issan folk to judgmental, over-bearing Westerners with superiority complexes, such as yourself.

Go read my latest reply in the thread you're talking about.

April 5th, 2010, 10:00
Ah. In other words, you prefer to surround yourself with enablers rather than people who are experienced enough to help you snap out of your fantasy.

Well, that will only work for so long. Sooner or later the fantasy will crack, and you will be due for a very, very hard fall.

Aunty
April 5th, 2010, 10:57
Anyway, my question is this: Are there any particular places that are very gay and very wet day time in Pattaya and Jomtien

Well before he left Thailand, I would have suggested Catty's diaper. Praise Jesus.

Evidently, blueboy, no one around here knows.

Patexpat
April 5th, 2010, 11:08
First of all let me admit I am no great fan of Songkran as it is celebrated excessively in Pattaya. It makes me close my business for over a week which is guaranteed to t me off.

Having said that, the one day I do go out and have fun is the 19th. Take the back roads to get to Jomtien, dump the car and then enjoy the fun that takes place from the Hannuman statue down to the beach .... very gay and lots of eye candy ..... recommended.

cdnmatt
April 5th, 2010, 11:50
Ah. In other words, you prefer to surround yourself with enablers rather than people who are experienced enough to help you snap out of your fantasy.

Well, that will only work for so long. Sooner or later the fantasy will crack, and you will be due for a very, very hard fall.

What fantasy? I'd honestly love to know. Some of you guys keep warning me about this big, impending, horrible event that's going to take place in the future, and I'd love to find out what that is. Really though, it's been 10 months now, we're living in Issan, I've met the entire family (except Papa), and the whole bit. I really don't understand what big, horrible thing is supposed to take place. If it was going to happen, I'm sure it would have happened by now.

The only real difference between this relationship, and any other, is the fact we throw mama & papa a few thousand baht here and there. But that's simply his obligation as a son, who was born into a poverty stricken Issan family, and that's hardly anything to look down on him for. I don't know, but would love to find out what fantasy I'm living in.

Patexpat
April 5th, 2010, 14:18
keep paying the money Matt and you won't have any problems ......

April 5th, 2010, 17:15
I'm someone will kindly come and urinate on you during the festival. Lots of tomcats around.

Brad the Impala
April 5th, 2010, 23:56
What a lot of Moaning Minnies there are on this forum. Frightened to ride in case they have a fall. Appalled that anyone, especially a younger guy, should be having fun and a relationship with a guy he met in a bar. So many people knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

If Matt's relationship doesn't work out in the end, so be it, it will still have been a great journey.

April 6th, 2010, 01:17
What a lot of Moaning Minnies there are on this forum. Frightened to ride in case they have a fall. Appalled that anyone, especially a younger guy, should be having fun and a relationship with a guy he met in a bar. So many people knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

If Matt's relationship doesn't work out in the end, so be it, it will still have been a great journey.

What absolute crap as usual, Brad. This has nothing to do with your usual "ooh, I'm so brave, look at me crossing the road with my eyes closed, and you're all such wimps, take a dare" dreaming. No-one has told Matt he shouldn't be "having fun and a relationship with a guy he met in a bar". On the contrary, most have told him to make the most of it and enjoy it for all its worth, just as many of the rest of us do. Sure, if it doesn't work out (and it might and it might not) it may have been a "great journey", but most journeys have a destination in mind and the train driver can see the signals.

I've already made it very clear directly and indirectly to Matt exactly what the reason for the "big, impending, horrible event that's going to take place in the future" is, and I really can't be bothered to go over it again and to go over a subject that has been covered at length here solely for his benefit.

тАЬтАж his contention that gays are ALL limp-wristed, emotional little nancies while straights are all chain-smoking, slovenly, tattooed bikersтАжтАЭversus"If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's PROBABLY gay.тАЭ Putting words in someone elseтАЩs mouth is unsanitary.

And editing posts by underlining and capitalizing words the author has not is nearly as stupid as failing to realise that "he's the gay guy" and "he's the straight guy" are absolutes, not subject to any qualifier.

Brad the Impala
April 6th, 2010, 05:46
And editing posts by underlining and capitalizing words the author has not is nearly as stupid as failing to realise that "he's the gay guy" and "he's the straight guy" are absolutes, not subject to any qualifier.

What he actually wrote was:

If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay. If he slouches on the chair with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight.

"Probably" counts as a "qualifier" in any language and means of course that the attached comments cannot reasonably be interpreted as "absolutes". Distorting people's comments by accidentally leaving out "qualifiers" would however reasonably be interpreted as dishonest in most cultures.

dab69
April 6th, 2010, 08:52
It is nothing like the "same shit in the West". Your understanding of the Thai world around you is laughable -- which is quite understandable since you are using people from the least educated, least knowledgeable, and most ignorant stratus of society as your source of information.

"

relying on internet message boards?

Beachlover
April 6th, 2010, 20:38

I agree... there's a difference between offering constructive counselling and just being a bitter old f*ckstick who needs to feel like the superior "big man who knows everything" in the room.

Beachlover
April 6th, 2010, 20:40
I've already made it very clear directly and indirectly to Matt exactly what the reason for the "big, impending, horrible event that's going to take place in the future" is

Oh pray, tell us again specifically.

April 7th, 2010, 01:48
Oh pray, tell us again specifically.

Why? If Matt was remotely interested he could not fail to have read the posts, which were quite specific and gave specific links. If you are genuinely interested, rather than being Homi the agent provocateur, the posts are there and easy to find.

Sometimes, though, some people are so determined to be inferior that it is simply impossible not to feel "superior", so if you or your soul-mate Brad can come up with any "constructive counselling" you have ever given Matt, rather than the pointless platitudes and banal encouragement Matt so cleary craves here (which are quite unnecessary to his enjoying his relationship to the full as it is, rather than as something he wants it to be), then I'll tell you.

[quote="Gone Fishing":39fvv9f6]

What he actually wrote was:

If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay. If he slouches on the chair with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight.

"Probably" counts as a "qualifier" in any language and means of course that the attached comments cannot reasonably be interpreted as "absolutes". Distorting people's comments by accidentally leaving out "qualifiers" would however reasonably be interpreted as dishonest in most cultures.[/quote:39fvv9f6]

As usual, a bare-faced lie from Brad, "supported" by yet another edited post. Don't you get just a little bored showing yourself up as a liar who can't understand basic English, Brad, or do you just assume that anyone here other than BL is asinine enough to believe anything you say?

What "he" actually wrote was exactly what I quoted previously, including the qualifier "probably" (twice). What "he" actually wrote was not as written by Geezer and Brad, which was "distorted" by the addition of underlinings - although in Geezer's case I grant that it was "probably" to highlight the qualifier, as he never claimed that what he wrote was "actually" what Matt wrote.

The "comments" of " ... he's the gay guy" and " ... he's the straight guy" were in a separate post to the "probably" "comments", which "means of course" that they are separate and not "attached". One was qualified by "probably", the other was not, so the comments I specifically referred to as "absolutes" are exactly that: "absolutes", as they clearly were in the context of the original post they were written in. Unfortunately, as usual, you "accidentally" left out the ones I referred to and quoted, and replaced them with one from a separate post, which "would however reasonably be interpreted as dishonest in most cultures".

(note: not all underlinings and italicizings are "actually" in all the original posts)