PDA

View Full Version : Lavender Lana Hotel, The Domino Effect?

rincondog
April 3rd, 2010, 12:25
I believe PJ's is only a few blocks from the Lavander Lanna location. However, if you don't have reservations there yet, you will probably be out of luck. Highly unlikely that they are not already fully booked. PJ's only has a few rooms.

April 3rd, 2010, 12:28
Who was it who said the Lavender fiasco would all end in tears? Hmmm...

Bob
April 3rd, 2010, 18:54
PJ's place is hardly out of town and is within fairly easy walking distance to Soho Bar, the older mall (Kad Suan Gaew), and Lavender Lanna. But, as noted above, I'd doubt if you can get a reservation now as they usually are booked months in advance.

The story I hear is that Powerboys is history and Lavender Lanna will revert to the old hotel it replaced within the next few weeks. As to whether it's operating today or tomorrow, hell if I know (but I'd suggest you call to confirm any reservations as you're unlikely to find too much available during the Songkran holidays).

April 3rd, 2010, 19:53
hell if I know

This could easily be your personal motto, couldn't it Bob?

Bob
April 4th, 2010, 00:37

Sorry, I generally attempt not to respond to twats.

April 4th, 2010, 11:24

Sorry, I generally attempt not to respond to twats.

Good luck with that. You're not doing so great so far.

goji
April 4th, 2010, 22:56
This is probably a special case. A ten storey gay hotel requires a lot of gay customers to survive.
The hotel is probably too big for the Chiang Mai market, unless they are good enough to get a VERY high percentage of the tourists wanting a gay hotel.
To do that, you need very high customer satisfaction ratings to get repeat business.

Reviews have been mixed.

April 4th, 2010, 23:25
Won't be for long.

Smiles
April 5th, 2010, 11:24
This is probably a special case. A ten storey gay hotel requires a lot of gay customers to survive.
The hotel is probably too big for the Chiang Mai market, unless they are good enough to get a VERY high percentage of the tourists wanting a gay hotel.
To do that, you need very high customer satisfaction ratings to get repeat business.
Reviews have been mixed.
I believe the hotel itself is only 5 stories. The other 4 or 5 (how high is it?) are run as 'something else' by the owners of the building, who are Thai Army dudes.

April 8th, 2010, 18:09
A booking enquiry I made Four days ago was answered and confirmed 3 days later.

April 8th, 2010, 19:16
going on holiday with mummy again?

April 9th, 2010, 19:36
going on holiday with mummy again?

No Allan/Lukas or Markus, most likely the former. Such rubbish could only exude from an ageing and no longer wanted trolley dolly or a sadly declining hospitality figure (same same I guess.)
I'm not as a matter of fact. If your fragile in-bred English ego could have taken a little teensy bit of reality I'm sure you would know who I was travelling with, as if it were any of your business anyway.
(Put her on the Concorde because the nose cones were the same shape and size...LOL!)
Anyway, go fuck yourself, everyone else has, and be assured if I wish to travel with my mother I shall, and enjoy every minute of it. Some people don't abandon their ex-wife and family for some ugly, trashy kathoey....LOL!

goji
April 10th, 2010, 02:14
I believe the hotel itself is only 5 stories. The other 4 or 5 (how high is it?) are run as 'something else' by the owners of the building, who are Thai Army dudes.

I've stayed on the 10th floor, after being moved from a room which I believe was on the 7th.
Had a massage on the 3rd and have used the pool on the 4th.
Squeezing some other business ventures on the remaining floors may make sense.

Alaan
April 10th, 2010, 04:33
Errr .....get a grip Bigaussieal you bumbling old queen.........just because on one occassion i disagreed with your phantom Tarntawan 'experience'.

You can call me what you like, but at least get your facts right, I am neither Lukas, markus or any other kuskas. If you are referring to the directors of the Tarntawan, direct your queeny huffing fit to them/him, although by the sounds of you, you really should just 'let it go'. Carrying a grudge for THIS long just because some director of a fifty quid-a-room hotel didn't personally greet your waddling old carcass on arrival.

And i think you'll probably find that 'getyournobout' is a reincarnation of BBB, LMTU or some other hydrahead..who knows, who cares. I am perfectly comfortable with insulting menopausal old queens such as your goodself with my only handle, Alaan if i need to. For fucksake its an anonymous forum what difference does it make.

Dont take 'Getyournobout's' comment to heart, it was perfectly normal for a grown man to visit the redlight area of Bangkok with their mummy, just ignore him.

And anyway, why did this idiot abandon their ex wife and kids to be with you? What are you on about man? You've dragged us off topic.
Bigaussieal's little world of delusion is sad.....yet funny.

April 10th, 2010, 14:27
I am neither Lukas, markus or any other kuskas.
nor am I ... or Alaan

perfectly normal for a grown man to visit the redlight area of Bangkok with their mummy

good advice for a mummy's boy

April 10th, 2010, 17:33
I am neither Lukas, markus or any other kuskas.
nor am I ... or Alaan

perfectly normal for a grown man to visit the redlight area of Bangkok with their mummy

good advice for a mummy's boy

Hillariously funny as usual, (don't feed the troll's :thebirdman: I must keep telling myself, don't feed the troll's :pottytrain3:

April 10th, 2010, 20:04
Lavender Lana Hotel, The Domino Effect?
we are now getting worried with the POWERBOYS closing, is this Hotel starting to fall like Dominoes, has any one been there recently last week or have any Inside information

Here is a post from tomas1.

Re: Chiang Mai Review Nov-Dec 2009
Author: tomas1 ┬╗ Thu 8 Apr, 2010 1:20 pm

Power Boys is open, as are all other fascilities except for the Cabaret. Stayed there 2-5 april. Yes, the knowledge of how to run a hotel was more or less non-existing, but I was well received, and they tried to do their best. Would not have any problems to stay there again, but the location means that you need transportation whatever you want to do.

Beachlover
April 10th, 2010, 21:48
for those of you who have been to Chiang Mai, are you better off staying in the night market area or in the North West area where Lavender Lanna is?

Alaan
April 11th, 2010, 02:14
To be honest there is no 'ideal' place/area to stay in Chiangmai. You have virtually got to take a tuktuk somewhere, sometime during a stay. It is just down to preference of which hotel/guesthouse suits you. If you stay Night Market area you need a tuktuk to the gay venues in 'northwest' and vice-versa.

Even if you stay in a particular area you still land up having to tuktuk your self around as the venues are not centred into one or two roads a-la Soi Twilight- Bkk, Boyztown/Sunee-Pattaya and Paradise-Phuket. I stayed at PJs Place and recommend it very highly. But even from there to get to My Way/Free Guys or any of the other nearest venues it still requires a tuktuk.

So my advise would be to select the ideal hotel/guesthouse for your comfort requirements and price,then just make sure you map out the places you want to go to. Tuktuks plentiful and are not really that expensive, certainly not compared say to Phuket. Most journeys Bt40-Bt65. And drivers easy to negotiate with depending on conditions (Rain or dry), AND, well certainly in my experience, they were genuinely helpful.

Beachlover
April 11th, 2010, 13:14
Thanks... yeah, the tuk tuks in Chiang Mai are actually really good. Wish Phuket was like that.

April 11th, 2010, 22:05
I personally liked the location of the Lavender Lanna.. I even walked to to main temples of the old city, took me maybe 25-30 minutes, it's possible, and it's not such a big distance to the bars near the Mercure (ex Novotel), such as my way and adam's apple, once I've even walked back in the evening, doable.

April 11th, 2010, 22:14
Temples?

Beachlover
April 12th, 2010, 18:33
Yes, you know, temples and waterfalls? That's what the "quality tourists" the TAT tries to attract come to Thailand for.

April 12th, 2010, 21:33
Yes, you know, temples and waterfalls? That's what the "quality tourists" the TAT tries to attract come to Thailand for.

Yes...that is what caught me off-guard.

About a gazillion posts here asking about what to tip boys for a bj...and this is the first one I can remember that mentioned temples. LOL.

neddy3
April 13th, 2010, 07:25
Thanks... yeah, the tuk tuks in Chiang Mai are actually really good. Wish Phuket was like that.

During a recent visit to Chiang Mai, I stayed at PJs Place. And it is a good place to stay, though it is a little remote, and transport is needed to get to other areas of the city.

I found the tuk-tuks readily available, and the drivers all fairly friendly. They always asked a price a bit high, but would bargain with a smile, and reduce the price a little.
I always finished up paying about what PJs suggeted. Usually in the range of 60-80 baht.

The drivers whom I encountered were all decent, and all took me where I wanted to go without any problem.
I was wary at first, having long given up on the tuktuks in Bangkok, but it was fine in Chiang Mai. Which, incidentally, seems to be unusual for Thailand, by not having the ubiquitous motorbike taxis.

Beachlover
April 15th, 2010, 20:28
Yeah, the service in Chiang Mai seems to be noticeably better than Bangkok. The tuk tuks are great... I would visit Phuket more often and visit more of the island if it had tuk tuks like Chiang Mai.

Beachlover
April 15th, 2010, 20:33

Yes...that is what caught me off-guard.

About a gazillion posts here asking about what to tip boys for a bj...and this is the first one I can remember that mentioned temples. LOL.

Hehe... I want to have sex under a waterfall.

pudel
April 16th, 2010, 16:46
For us was a good hotel the main thing, because you need tuk-tuks where ever you stay and we have found a fantastic place
at the River Ping called Aruntara Boutique Hotel :hello1: we never paid more than 60-80 bahts to go everywhere <pudel
PS. Its about 100 m from the new ClubOneSeven :laughing3: