PDA

View Full Version : Rayong worth a visit?

joe552
March 29th, 2010, 06:04
I'm thinking of taking a couple of days out of Pattaya (to allow my liver to recover) and wondered if Rayong was worth a visit? Just looking for somewhere with a beach, a few restaurants and bars - within a couple of hours of Pattaya. Any suggestions? Hotel/Guesthouse recommendations would be welcome.

Doug
March 29th, 2010, 07:28
I haven't been in a while but I always enjoyed my stays there. There are many inexpensive guest houses on the beach itself but the beach is about a 15 minute bus ride to the main part of town. When I was there there was not a real gay scene but several bars found boys looking and the discos were mixed. It was a very friendly place. The beach is beautiful and the concessions are cheap. Many of the concessions have pools where live fish are delivered daily and you can point out the seafood you want prepared. Heading south a short distance towards Ban Pei is a very good government-run aquarium...not expensive with graphics in both English and Thai. Ban Pei is the ferry terminal to go to Samet Island...a great day trip or it has bungalows for those wishing to stay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/siamboy/Rayong06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/siamboy/Rayong05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/siamboy/Rayong08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/siamboy/Rayong13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/siamboy/Rayong11.jpg

dab69
March 29th, 2010, 07:56
wasn't there a guest house for sale there about three years back for like $12000?
Always wondered about that, but luckily I saw the ad here AFTER I had just returned from vacation
about this time of year and wasn't about to buy anything from the net sight unseen.

TrongpaiExpat
March 29th, 2010, 18:11
You might have missed this thread:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/the-beaches-rayong-and-chanthaburi-t19279.html#p199818

PM me if you want some more info or have questions. Don't want to bother the Pattaya-Centrics.

March 29th, 2010, 18:15
I'm thinking of taking a couple of days out of Pattaya (to allow my liver to recover) and wondered if Rayong was worth a visit? Just looking for somewhere with a beach, a few restaurants and bars

Your way of allowing your "liver to recover" is by seeking out bars?

March 29th, 2010, 19:37
Try Rayong Tesco/Lotus wash room lots of trade there :rolling:

Is that where you caught tongue cancer?

TrongpaiExpat
March 29th, 2010, 21:09
I think you have me mix up with some one else "Beach Bunny" , in your dreams :rolling:

LMTU It does not take a geenyus to figure out who you are. By the way, where did you get those funky black frame glasses and god awful orange shirt?

joe552
March 29th, 2010, 22:07
TrongpaiExpat, it was actually your recent thread which made me think of visiting Rayong. I always enjoy reading those little travelogues. Thanks for taking the time.

Doug, those photos are great - seems to be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for posting them.

I'd be grateful for recommendations for hotels or guesthouses, thanks.

March 29th, 2010, 23:00
A two-hour wait for a meal? I highly doubt that is accurate. Of course, you are well known for exaggeration (if not outright lying).

TrongpaiExpat
March 29th, 2010, 23:12
LMTU/ boygeenyus , is there any end to the names I'm called. now i'm waring the latest shirts and sun glasses, I must be very trendy, even though people who know you tell me your a very nice guy in reallity, but that Geezer is a nasty bit of work, always waring those same jungle shorts and eating alone at AMORE must be crazy :laughing3:

Not sun glasses, just designer black frame and don't you think your a little too old for them. You have lost a lot of weight too, looking good.

Geezer's utility shorts come in handy when in one of the pockets there's a camera.

TrongpaiExpat
March 29th, 2010, 23:42
TrongpaiExpat, it was actually your recent thread which made me think of visiting Rayong. I always enjoy reading those little travelogues. Thanks for taking the time.

Doug, those photos are great - seems to be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for posting them.

I'd be grateful for recommendations for hotels or guesthouses, thanks.

Sorry for the troll diversion.

First, I would not go alone, find some Thai boy that is up for the trip. There's hotels/resorts listed on the web but there's a lot that don't have web sites. The quality will vary considerably but if you go on a weekday it should be easy to find a vacancy. You also need a mode of self transport, taking a bus and walking limits you options. Some of the resorts are quite happy to pick you up and take you to their hotel where your stuck having to eat at their restaurant at an inflated price.

If your into diving and/or snorkeling you can access the same reefs that tour boats do from Ko Samet at half the price. I miss the old Ko Samet from yester years. Now, it a vulgar trendy farang overpriced island.

joe552
March 31st, 2010, 05:50
Thanks for the advice, hereforme. But maybe you'd like to explain why I shouldn't bother? Just looking for a couple of quiet days at a beach, away from the charms of Pattaya. Rayong seems like a good option, but maybe you know something I don't?

joe552
March 31st, 2010, 19:35
The reason I chose Rayong because it's so close to Pattaya. As I'm only in Thailand for 2 weeks, I don't want to lose a day or two travelling. As I said already, just looking for a nice beach area for a quiet couple of days. Rayong seems to fit the bill.

colmx
April 1st, 2010, 01:45
Ko Larn might be a better bet for you...
If you don't like it there Pattaya is only a short boat ride away

Alternatively Bang saen and Bang Saray are also closer and probably more populous
Burapha University is in Bang Saen and has 12,000 Students... Plenty of pick up opportunities there!

joe552
April 1st, 2010, 04:30
Thanks, colmx - any suggestions for a hotel?

joe552
April 1st, 2010, 21:59
hereforme, don't feel as if you HAVE to respond every time I post a question. I foolishly thought sharing information was one of the points of the forum?

colmx
April 2nd, 2010, 00:57
Hi Joe
Sorry i have no idea of accom in any of those locations

There was a gay place advertising on Gayromeo... but can't find their ad now

If you do visit Rayong... From my memory The Rayong Orchid has a sign in the toilets offering Rent boys in the disco downstairs