PDA

View Full Version : I Residence Hotel Silom...

March 27th, 2010, 06:36
Hi Guys,

Has anyone stayed at the I Residence Hotel in Silom?

I was thinking of staying at the Pinncale Lumpinee but have found the above and it looks a far nicer hotel in a better location...

Any info would be great and if visitors are a problem?

Thanks in Advance,

x

bao-bao
March 27th, 2010, 06:52
The location of the Residence is better than the Pinnacle if you want to get around without a taxi. The Chong Nonsi BTS station is just one stop away from Sala Daeng - if you're going for the nightlife. You can walk to the Sala Daeng area in about 15 minutes, if you're of a mind to. You can't walk to a BTS from the Pinnacle, but it's just a short walk to the MRT.

For reference sake (since you didn't mention which one) note that there is a Residence Hotel Silom and a Residence Grand Hotel, both within a block of each other. I've never stayed at either, but a quick search here will turn up mentions in a couple of other threads. For a couple of other simple places in the exact same area you might consider the Sathorn Inn and the Om Yim Lodge. Both friendly and economical places, from my experience. The Sathorn is a bigger place with a lot more rooms, but the Om Yim is more home-like.

Beachlover
March 27th, 2010, 07:46
Considering how hot it is in Thailand in the upcoming months... I'd want to be staying closer to the Skytrains than usual... or just use taxis to go everywhere.

krobbie
March 31st, 2010, 01:34
First, I am sorry to say I have not stayed at either the I Residence in Silom or Sathorn. The one in Silom is the more expensive of the 2 it would seem. Here is the Wotif web site for best pricing.

http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced?se ... cyCode=THB (http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced?selectedSuggestionId=&viewType=all&startDay=&searchTerms=&country=TH&region=7511&destination=9372&accommodationTypeMatch=&roomTypeCategoryMatch=&starRatingMatch=&maximumPrice=&isoCurrencyCode=THB)

If the OP does book and stay at either of these two places, could you post and let us know your thoughts? I was thinking also of booking for May, as the place I stay in Sathorn has currently put the price up, perhaps just during Songkran.

I am forever checking on Wotif for a good bargain.

Cheers
Krobbie

March 31st, 2010, 02:15
I am forever checking on Wotif for a good bargain.

Cheers
Krobbie

I don't see any bargains on Wotif...in fact, they seem more like a rip off, unless I'm missing something.

*** are you reffering to their "Mystery Offers"?

It's funny, under the description of one of their "Mystery Offers", they write "The Tawana Bangkok is also renowned for its fleet of excellent food". Intentional or oopsie?

If this is in fact The Tawana, Agoda still offers a better rate.

I discovered to find a good deal, find the good booking sites and compare and go with the most reputable. Even some the well known booking sites located in Asia that people say have the best rates, don't.

It's hit and miss I think.

Beachlover
March 31st, 2010, 20:02
Agoda is usually the best. Asiarooms used to be good... but have gone downhill.