View Full Version : What Is Reasonable In Offing" boys

thenorthguy
March 25th, 2010, 03:22
I am interested to know what is considered reasonable to off a boy for say 3-5 days at a time. Is 3,000 baht per day to much.

March 25th, 2010, 03:31
Much too much , i pay mine about 1000 per day plus all food and drink

goji
March 25th, 2010, 04:51
I am interested to know what is considered reasonable to off a boy for say 3-5 days at a time. Is 3,000 baht per day to much.

2000 a day should do, maybe a little less.

March 25th, 2010, 05:47
I would just pay the LT rate daily - which I judge to be 2000 for BKK boy and 1500 for Pattaya boy.

Of course you have the off fee, all food and drinks, and the inevitable "present" on top of that.

Just make sure you get your money's worth!!

:occasion9: :occasion9:

dorayme
March 25th, 2010, 08:13
1,000 per day is reasonable. More than that is to much. Why spoil him. Thai don't make that much planting rice.

March 25th, 2010, 13:37
well i know im stingy but the local wage for planting rice is about 80 baht per day. also usually if you buy/rent anything you get a discount for bulk buying. so... max 1000 per day.

i pay 5000 per month plus food etc... plenty

Geezer
March 25th, 2010, 16:03
Perhaps one should take in to account the fact that the cost of a boyтАЩs living in Pattaya or BKK is many times the cost of a boyтАЩs living at home upcountry.

Dodger
March 25th, 2010, 18:00
Geezer Wrote:

Perhaps one should take in to account the fact that the cost of a boyтАЩs living in Pattaya or BKK is many times the cost of a boyтАЩs living at home upcountry

Thanks Geezer...you took the words right out of my mouth.

Another point to consider is that the boy didn't enter the scene in BKK or PTY to plant rice - unless in fact you consider your ass the rice paddy. How one could draw a parellel between this type of service and the task of planting rice is nothing more than ones attempt to rationalize their role as a cheapskate.

I think most boys would appreciate 1,500 baht/day, although when a farang off's a boy for an extended amount of time (> 5 days) the boy should receive a bonus at the end of his stay not less than the amount that he pays for his monthly room rental. If that amount seems to high to you - then you don't have any business coraling him for that long-time of a period. Just stick to the short-times so you don't screw up his business potencial - or, make yourself look like the asshole that you are.

March 25th, 2010, 18:21
What on God's good earth does what a boy might make as a farmer have to do with what he might make as a paid companion?

If there is any place in the world where sex workers' rates are anywhere near the rate for hourly manual labor, please let us know about it.

From what I can tell, the going rates are always at least 10-20X the hourly minimum wages, wherever and whatever they may be.

thenorthguy
March 25th, 2010, 18:31
Thank you for your replies, yes he would be from Bangkok, yes he eats and drinks a lot and we have been shopping before.....maybe he has priced himself out of :violent1: a holiday in Pattaya and CM :violent1:

Diec
March 26th, 2010, 03:09
If a price is set, and the boy agrees, I don't see the need for an extravagant tip for the end of 5 days. For 5 days the boy has a guaranteed income, spends no money on food or drink, is entertained, and I'm sure gets some shopping in where clothes or jewelry are involved for him. The boy could go two or three days without being offed, At 1200 baht per day with all included I think is a pretty good sum for an 18 year old to make in Thailand. The "tip" he would get from me is cash for the cab ride home, and we all know he'll take the bus to save even more.

Dodger
March 26th, 2010, 06:27
Diec Wrote:

If a price is set, and the boy agrees, I don't see the need for an extravagant tip for the end of 5 days.

I agree with this as well, although when the off exceeds 5 days, thinking of those 1 -2 week offs where the farang spends half his holiday with the boy, I think it would be a jai dee jesture to tip the boy a bonus which would at least cover his rent for that month (5,000 - 7,000 bt). This is appropriate based on the fact that a farang would not have spend that amount of time with a boy if he wasn't pleased with the service he was receiving, and in this world (regardless if it's Pattaya or Baraboo Wisconsin) fair-is-fair.

Then again, there's always that very definative deviding line between those who have compassion and those who are totally self-serving. There are those who see the slow times when most of the boys are virtually penniless as nothing more than an opportunity to offer them less for their services - with full knowledge that they are not in a position to refuse, as compared to those who react to this by tipping them more to help them weather the tough times. Debating a topic like this is fruitless because it would only render the winner of the debate with a 50% approval from the masses. More clearly stated; half of you guys are really great - and the other half are just assholes.

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2010, 06:33
For 3 - 5 days? I'd say 2000 baht a day, but in that case, don't worry about the off fee. Let him deal with it, because he'll more than likely strike a deal with the mamasan and get it cheaper than the top-rate you'd pay. Well, either that or he'll just keep it for himself, and get a new job at a different bar. Up to him though.

If it's longer, say a couple weeks with some trips around Thailand thrown in, then I'd say 1000 baht a day would be more than enough. Give a present if you want, but not required. If you do give a present though, give cash, not gold. If you give gold, it's just going to turn into a lower amount of cash within 24 hours of parting ways anyway, so might as well save him the hassle of selling it and getting screwed. Treat him with a bit of dignity and respect (ie. don't force sex out of him), and he'll think he's hit the jackpot with 1000 baht/day.

Dodger
March 26th, 2010, 07:13
CDmatt Wrote:

Treat him with a bit of dignity and respect (ie. don't force sex out of him), and he'll think he's hit the jackpot

If there's no sex in the deal - he has hit the jackpot!!

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2010, 07:55
Treat him with a bit of dignity and respect (ie. don't force sex out of him), and he'll think he's hit the jackpot

If there's no sex in the deal - he has hit the jackpot!!

hehe... true enough.

Really though, I just mean common sense shit. If it's 3am and he's sleeping, don't start playing with his cock, and wake him up. Let the poor guy sleep. You can have sex tomorrow.

That type of thing... loads and loads of farangs do that type of thing.

joe552
March 26th, 2010, 22:46
During my last trip I was accused of being a Cheap Charlie by the sister of the boy I'd taken to Koh Chang for 5 days. On our return to Pattaya, I gave him 6000Bt, having already paid the 300Bt off fee from the bar. The sister made the accusation during one of the 3 nights out I paid for where his 2 brothers, his sister and a couple of friends joined us in Pattaya or Jomtien. I felt (and feel) I treated the boy well, and didn't take kindly to the accusation. I made it clear to his brother (who I could have a decent converation with) that I was a little hurt by the accusation. Needless to say, I didn't off the boy again during the remaining week of my trip.

I'd previously been down the road of 2 weeks in Isaan with the love of my life, bought a motorbike for his father among other things, and don't regret a satang of what I spent. Next time I'm in Pattay (at the end of May) it will be strictly short time for me.

If the boys were upfront and said "ok, 1000Bt a day" or "2000Bt a day", I could live with that. But the "up to you" and then saying it's not enough left a sour taste in my mouth during my last trip.

March 26th, 2010, 22:57
During my last trip I was accused of being a Cheap Charlie by the sister of the boy I'd taken to Koh Chang for 5 days. On our return to Pattaya, I gave him 6000Bt...

About 1500B short

...having already paid the 300Bt off fee from the bar.

Per night I hope!! Otherwise the boy would have to pay the remainder out of the 6000B you gave him, or work elsewhere

The sister made the accusation during one of the 3 nights out I paid for where his 2 brothers, his sister and a couple of friends joined us in Pattaya or Jomtien....

Why on earth are you taking these hangers-on out for drinks and food? The only thing that will do is make them think you throw money around like confetti and raise the expectation of what you will pay the boy. I think this is the point at which you dug your own grave

I'd previously been down the road of 2 weeks in Isaan with the love of my life, bought a motorbike for his father among other things, and don't regret a satang of what I spent. Next time I'm in Pattay (at the end of May) it will be strictly short time for me....

If he's the love of your life why are you pumping a go-go boy for 5 nights?

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

joe552
March 26th, 2010, 23:19
To clarify, I was talking about 2 different boys (4 years apart).The love of my life was the first boy I fell for in Pattaya. The second was simply a companion for a few days in Koh Chang. Never mind, lesson learned.

March 27th, 2010, 00:32
But the "up to you" and then saying it's not enough left a sour taste in my mouth during my last trip.
[X] "Up to you" = An invitation to treat.

It is not an offer {to work for 1 Baht per week}, but an indication of a person's willingness to negotiate a contract.

It is your turn to make an offer, especially if there is no customary price or if you don't know it.

bao-bao
March 27th, 2010, 00:56
During my last trip I was accused of being a Cheap Charlie by the sister of the boy I'd taken to Koh Chang for 5 days. On our return to Pattaya, I gave him 6000Bt, having already paid the 300Bt off fee from the bar. The sister made the accusation during one of the 3 nights out I paid for where his 2 brothers, his sister and a couple of friends joined us in Pattaya or Jomtien. I felt (and feel) I treated the boy well, and didn't take kindly to the accusation. I made it clear to his brother (who I could have a decent converation with) that I was a little hurt by the accusation. Needless to say, I didn't off the boy again during the remaining week of my trip.
It's unfortunate the sister had to jump in with her comments, because it really IS up to you and whatever you feel is fair for your companion for the five days.

Rates for Bangkok club guys are higher than for Pattaya (and most other areas), but if you'd already had established rates of some sort with your friend or at least had a feeling of what was fair (based on research or input from experienced friends) then your Bt 6,000 was a fair amount, I'd say. I say this assuming you paid for the other travel, hotel and peripheral expenses of the five days and had covered the off fees for the nights he'd not be reporting to work, though. It should also be mentioned that if you were actually requiring him to "work" - meaning sex - at least once a day, that could easily raise the total for those who feel that's fair, but that's already been debated for nearly a hundred pages here over the years. The way you described it, it was a business deal. If you were happy and felt your guy was genuinely happy, it doesn't matter what others thought or said. Consider the source.

joe552
March 27th, 2010, 03:13
I offed the guy more for company than sex. After the first day or so it became obvious he wasn't happy with it, so I left it. No big deal for me. My main point, I think, was that if he'd asked for 1500 I probably would have given him that, but since he didn't, and didn't complain when we parted (in fact, arranged to meet the following night) I assumed he was happy with what I gave him. Whether he complained to his sister or she was simply speaking off her own bat I don't know. But like I said, lessons learned.

Beachlover
March 27th, 2010, 08:35
Really though, I just mean common sense shit. If it's 3am and he's sleeping, don't start playing with his cock, and wake him up. Let the poor guy sleep. You can have sex tomorrow.

LOL... You need to tell people this?

Impulse
March 27th, 2010, 08:43

LOL... You need to tell people this?

Easy to say if you live there.But if your'e on vacation and days are dwindling down to a precious few.........

thenorthguy
March 28th, 2010, 08:52
He is still insistant on the 3000 baht per day he works on the basis he will spend all night and all day with me....he seems to forget he gets free meals, drinks and shopping....not to mention probably better sleeping arrangments than what he is use to......and i did mention to him since when does he dance during the day...how many boys are off during the day...........his loss.......

dorayme
March 28th, 2010, 10:08
Find someone else. This guy is dreaming.

Cees-Holland
March 28th, 2010, 10:16
he seems to forget he gets free meals, drinks and shopping....not to mention probably better sleeping arrangments than what he is use to..
Accompanying you for eating, drinks and shopping is not considered as a perk but as part service that needs to be compensated.
(If I understood correctly from my talks with some of the boys).

blazer
March 28th, 2010, 10:40
Demanding 3000 baht per day for 3-5 days at a time is totally unreasonable. He is taking advantage of you. Drop him like a rock.

Unless, of course, he is a superstar and you can't live without out him.

PeterUK
March 28th, 2010, 13:02
About 1500B short

Who are you to assert that so dogmatically? Any financial arrangement is between the farang and the young man and can involve many factors. Joe552 doesn't say that the boy was unhappy with the amount but that his sister was. And even if the boy was unhappy, it might still have been a fair reward considering what he contributed to the trip. The boys have obligations as well as the farangs.

thenorthguy
March 28th, 2010, 14:44
Yes I have told him he is dreaming......he will learn....

Smiles
March 28th, 2010, 16:58
" ... Really though, I just mean common sense shit. If it's 3am and he's sleeping, don't start playing with his cock, and wake him up. Let the poor guy sleep. You can have sex tomorrow ... "
At 3000 baht a day he's into cock-playing 24/7 territory ... as they say 'up-to-you': For 1000-1500 baht a day a good long sleep should be in the contract. For the Big Bucks the contract will need to be infinitely flexible.

witchhunt
March 28th, 2010, 17:03
I cannot understand why we have post after post about your undying relationship with your other half, why you need to even pose this question.
Are you becoming a posting tragic.

Geezer
March 28th, 2010, 17:22
I can hardly imagine the qualities the lad would have to possess in order to justify 3,000 bt. per day for several days. Such an encounter would certainly be the experience of a lifetime.

Attempting to imagine such a boy is indeed a titillating exercise. Surely the boy in question would fall far short.

If he is actually worth that princely sum, I would like to know how to contact him.

These examples might be qualified physically, but their work ethic must also be considered. At that price they should have an eagerness to satisfy their customer.

And yes, if their attitude is right these could well be worth more than 3,000 bt. per day.

Shuee
March 28th, 2010, 21:56
at this moment in time being low season, im sure a good negotiator with be able to get a good deal, unless you like working hard for a living & then come to pty to enjoy over paying of course. rather than wiggly their butt in bars each night, with a reflective low season falang turn out, the guys would rather go with you for a reasonable price im sure

as for such comments of being a cheapo, its a pure case that some jealous few see us as purely a money machine, especially if some baht isnt being thrown their way,i wouldnt take it to heart. They will be gone from the scene in a few years no doubt, but you will still be coming back

March 28th, 2010, 22:05
at this moment in time being low season, im sure a good negotiator with be able to get a good deal, unless you like working hard for a living & then come to pty to enjoy over paying of course. rather than wiggly their butt in bars each night, with a reflective low season falang turn out, the guys would rather go with you for a reasonable price im sure

I can't believe you actually want to haggle - either pay the going rate or fuck off and give the boy a chance to find someone who'll treat him with a bit of respect.

Frankly, you sound like the kind of customer I would throw out of my premises.

:occasion9:

cdnmatt
March 29th, 2010, 13:22
He is still insistant on the 3000 baht per day he works on the basis he will spend all night and all day with me....

Drop him. Sounds as though he'll do the least amount possible for the 3000 baht/day. There's loads out there who would jump at the chance of 2000/day, and tell them if everything goes well, you'll up it to 3000. Or whatever, up to you.

he seems to forget he gets free meals

He probably doesn't care too much about the free meals. More than likely, he'll be uncomfortable at the places you eat at, and won't like the food. He'll probably prefer to eat at the market for 30 baht.

....not to mention probably better sleeping arrangments than what he is use to

To you better sleeping arrangements, but not to him. He'll probably find them uncomfortable, and wish he was back sleeping on the hard 1inch thick mattress on the tile floor with three other people around him.

thenorthguy
March 29th, 2010, 13:44
Your right cdnmatt with your comments. As for the comments of WITCHHUNT for the record im far from a posting tragic person. I would suggest that maybe you need to get a life. I can picture it now out of bed log onto this site still in your pyjama's come mid day and probably for breakfast it would be soggery cornflakes, easy to eat......

Beachlover
March 29th, 2010, 17:41
To you better sleeping arrangements, but not to him. He'll probably find them uncomfortable, and wish he was back sleeping on the hard 1inch thick mattress on the tile floor with three other people around him.

Not just the bed. I imagine he probably wouldn't feel entirely comfortable sleeping in a bed with a perhaps intimidating farang he doesn't know... He's got no chance of relaxing completely, unless he is a very very experienced gogo boy and more used to it... He would rather be back in his own bed.

thenorthguy
March 29th, 2010, 17:57
And what makes you the expert Beachlover........You assume that all farangs are big and just want to maul the boy all night.....far from it i guess I'm fortunate that i still work, I'm not big and i treat a boy with the respect he deserves, I work on the basis i treat someone as i expect to be treated.......

Beachlover
March 29th, 2010, 18:11
Sheesh... sensitive. I removed the word "big" from my post. It's just that most farang are rather big and somewhat intimidating compared to small-built Asian boys. Not all of course.

You sound like a nice guy but I doubt all farang are like you.

In any case... I was just making a point that you might think you're treating the boy to nice meals, a nice bed etc... but in most cases it is just work for him. Like, you know when your boss or a client takes you out for dinner? It's a nice meal but sometimes you don't enjoy it as much and don't fully relax because you're not as comfortable as you might be having dinner with a few mates, for example.

thenorthguy
March 29th, 2010, 18:38
Thank you beachlover yes you got that right I'm not your normal farang.......

netrix
March 30th, 2010, 01:40
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/m0rganator/Picture4-2.png

ummm, yea. where can i get this guy for 3,000 baht please?

allieb
March 30th, 2010, 05:12
What is enough? Its an open end. The ultimate goal of offed boys is to extract as much as possible in the shortest time. The goal posts are always moving. If business is slow the price goes down. Once your hooked its their job to get anything they can. A mobile phone is always somewhere in the deal because it can be sold as soon as you leave. Do a deal, stick to what you have promised and fuck them off if they get too greedy. When is everybody going to understand that a bar boy doesn't give a shit about you he is just doing a job.

Dodger
March 30th, 2010, 06:19
Allieb asked:

When is everybody going to understand that a bar boy doesn't give a shit about you he is just doing a job

Answer: Never, because we're in the final quadrant of our lives and it's much more fun to make pretend that they do. What's so hard to understand about that?

bing
March 30th, 2010, 09:48
Dodger I am so glad you are still an optimist using the term quadrant to describe the guys of the forum. Personally I would have perhaps used a phrase more like, "entering the final inning." but the term quadrant has a nice ring to it even if it is not all that accurate.
He He He

March 30th, 2010, 10:42
Or perhaps we more senior posters can say we are in Act Three of our lives?

March 30th, 2010, 11:15
I prefer "near death".

allieb
March 30th, 2010, 12:19
Allieb asked:

When is everybody going to understand that a bar boy doesn't give a shit about you he is just doing a job

Answer: Never, because we're in the final quadrant of our lives and it's much more fun to make pretend that they do. What's so hard to understand about that?

Not hard to understand but I would change the word fun to either sad tragic or pathetic. And yes when we are near death, in god's waiting room, one foot in the grave or as you put it in the final quadrent of out life. I think we would be more at peace and less bitter if we didn't pretend. Look at Fuck Face, he pretends he's loved and has his own company. We all know what a bitter twisted old queen that has made him.

March 30th, 2010, 12:34
Perhaps, but I'm only in my second quandrant of life.

Dodger
March 30th, 2010, 16:55
Allieb,

Overall, I agree with the spin you're putting on this topic, although would ask you to remember one thing...that WE are not YOU. See your comments below:

I think we would be more at peace and less bitter if we didn't pretend

If you would have said something like..."I think I would be more at peace and less bitter if I didn't pretend"...then I would have understood your feelings clearly. But your repeated reference to the term "WE" gives the impression that you are somehow atempting to judge others based on your owm personal experiences (as sad or tragic as those experiences may very well be) - rather than acknowledging the right of every people to live their lives as they see fit.

Again, asking you to think in singular terms; instead of saying..."the Thai boys don't give a shit about us"...you may have opted to say..."the Thai boys don't give a shit about me."

In 2 days my feet will hit the sois again and my guy will be there waiting for me as always. Maybe you're right and he doesn't really give a shit for me, but if pretends as well as he normally does - I plan to pretend right along with him.

mai pen rai...

allieb
March 30th, 2010, 20:37
Allieb,

Overall, I agree with the spin you're putting on this topic, although would ask you to remember one thing...that WE are not YOU. See your comments below:

I think we would be more at peace and less bitter if we didn't pretend

If you would have said something like..."I think I would be more at peace and less bitter if I didn't pretend"...then I would have understood your feelings clearly. But your repeated reference to the term "WE" gives the impression that you are somehow atempting to judge others based on your owm personal experiences (as sad or tragic as those experiences may very well be) - rather than acknowledging the right of every people to live their lives as they see fit.

Again, asking you to think in singular terms; instead of saying..."the Thai boys don't give a shit about us"...you may have opted to say..."the Thai boys don't give a shit about me."

In 2 days my feet will hit the sois again and my guy will be there waiting for me as always. Maybe you're right and he doesn't really give a shit for me, but if pretends as well as he normally does - I plan to pretend right along with him.

mai pen rai...

I take your point and agree that its different strokes for different folk, it's my opinion. What I should have said is, if people be more honest with themselves they might find more inner peace and be less bitter. And this board certainly has its share of bitter bitchy queens.

When I look in the mirror I see myself as how I am now, not how I was when I was younger. Its hard for me to believe that boys in their first quadrent as you call it, fancy the third quadrent brigade. I really believe the boys don't give a shit its all about cash.

Anyway it sounds as if although you pretend, you haven't yet started to believe it to be true. Thats when it becomes sad in the eyes of onlookers. Have a nice vacation and do whatever works for you .

Shuee
March 30th, 2010, 23:30
Snottish guy wrote; I can't believe you actually want to haggle - although due to your good looks & the way you interact with the guys, im surprised you dont get it for free!
Frankly, you sound like the kind of customer I would throw out of my premises.

oh dear looks as though LMTU has sprung another poster name :rolling:

thenorthguy
March 31st, 2010, 00:41
Your right Shuee words like "i love you" "I miss you" come to mind......he has already tried those lines and only yesterday he was back in contact wanting me to take him with me. He just does not get it........In any case I will turn up at the bar (no names) and off someone else.....maybe he will then understand......

March 31st, 2010, 01:09
Allieb asked:

Agreed 100%, though quite how anyone can fool themselves that someone who "is still insistant on the 3000 baht per day he works on the basis he will spend all night and all day with me" has any interest in being with them at all is beyond me.

I have never "over-tipped" by any of the standards here, but when I was offing I never negotiated a fee in advance, although I was always very clear about what I wanted; my reply on the few occasions I have been asked "how much you pay" was always "not enough" as my interest and arousal waned and I decided to look elsewhere. I never had any complaints, and even the ones who proved to be a disaster were happy to see me later and to ask if they could try again. Maybe I was lucky.

Beachlover
March 31st, 2010, 19:58
Perhaps, but I'm only in my second quandrant of life.

First quadrant. I win.

March 31st, 2010, 20:17
Some of these guys you off are a total waste of time. In fact, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that 80% of these guys on stage are a total waste of time and they want 1500 and even 2000 bht a time. They seem to think that taking their clothes off and lying there does the trick. They can't even get a hard on. The reason being they are straight and have no interest in having sex with gay guys - I suppose that's understandable. But then when your finished with them taking their clothese off and lying there, and you offer them 1000, they then ask for 2000, and if they don't get that, and only 1,000, they then proceed to ask for the taxi money - oh yes, then some money for food.

Total waste of time, IMHO.

cdnmatt
April 1st, 2010, 02:59
They seem to think that taking their clothes off and lying there does the trick. They can't even get a hard on. The reason being they are straight and have no interest in having sex with gay guys

1.) There's a decent chance the reason they can't get a hard-on is because of you, not them.

2.) Why pickup a straight guy, with hopes of having great gay sex? That's just stupid.

pyro
April 1st, 2010, 03:06
I have never had an issue with the "tip" after offing a boy. I have only taken one for more than "short time" and that was in Pattaya, and only for two days. I had offed him for short time before, and we did not discuss payment at any time. Of all the others, none have asked me how much I will pay before leaving the bar, and most did not even count the money in my presence after. Granted, I know they could tell that there was more than 1000 THB because they can clearly see that without really looking too closely. A couple boys I noticed counting in the hall as they left, and one that I have offed a few times, has never counted the money anywhere in my presence (including the first time I offed him). I think there are a lot of cynical people on this board, and a lot of misers. Much of what I hear seems to be self-fulfilling prophecies; you go in with a negative expectation and attitude, and a negative experience is exactly what you get. Other people can pick up on that kind of crap, and news flash, the boys are real people. I am always impressed with the idea that a fat old smelly guy expects the boy to be happy with the same amount of money he would get from someone much more fit. To say they only do it for the money, so it shouldn't matter is ridiculous. The "harder" the job, the more one expects to be paid. I am not a prostitute, but for enough money, I would have sex with a woman. And, I can assure you that my price to make me consider having sex with a thin young pretty girl would be a lot less that it would take me have sex with a smelly old ugly fat guy, and I AM GAY. I am too old to pick up the kind of boys that I am attracted to. I am thankful for the opportunity that I am given in Thailand. Even at some of the higher end of the quotes I have seen on this board, it is still a BARGAIN. These guys are young, cute, and fit, and willing to go home with us for relatively little money.

allieb
April 1st, 2010, 13:16
Why pickup a straight guy, with hopes of having great gay sex? That's just stupid.

Because some of the boys don't admit to being straight until you get them home. I never discuss money before as my tip will depend on performance. I always ask are you gay and the answer I usually get is yes 100% (A text book answer no doubt) A few times Iv'e been told by a boy after getting home "sorry I'm really straight.

April 1st, 2010, 13:20
Why pickup a straight guy, with hopes of having great gay sex? That's just stupid.

Because some of the boys don't admit to being straight until you get them home. I never discuss money before as my tip will depend on performance. I always ask are you gay and the answer I usually get is yes 100% (A text book answer no doubt) A few times Iv'e been told by a boy after getting home "sorry I'm really straight.

I have never heard of a boy claiming to be gay when he is not. More likely, it is the other way around: "I man 100%" has often been followed by a round of fantastic sex, including him being a willing bottom.

Sounds more like the boy couldn't stomach what he saw when you took off your turban and flowing robes. Tell us, do you shave your pubes in the Arab style?

allieb
April 1st, 2010, 13:41

I have never heard of a boy claiming to be gay when he is not. More likely, it is the other way around: "I man 100%" has often been followed by a round of fantastic sex, including him being a willing bottom.

Sounds more like the boy couldn't stomach what he saw when you took off your turban and flowing robes. Tell us, do you shave your pubes in the Arab style?

You really live up to your name don't you

To answer you question. Yes I keep my pubes very well trimmed and clean along with the rest of my body. I'm scented with expensive odors, I'm not fat, I smell of money and according to my boys, pretty good for my age.

I believe you when you say that you are told "I man 100%" Thats to get rid of you. I don't believe it follows through with great sex. Unless you call going home alone for a wank great sex.

April 1st, 2010, 13:43
Oooh...nice zinger! LOL.

cdnmatt
April 1st, 2010, 16:39

Well, then take him out for a quick beer, and chat with him for 15 mins. Generally, that's all it takes to figure out if he's gay or not.

Here's a hint. If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay. If he slouches on the chair with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight. Remember, Thais (especially from Issan) aren't brought up and taught to be fakes, and do whatever it takes to be "popular" and "successful", like us in the West. They're taught to be whoever they are on the inside, hence one of the reasons there's so many lady-boys running around, and being gay is simply a non-issue. This makes it a little easier to read them, or at least the basics about them.

I don't know, but I've never had an issue. Actually, that's wrong. One time I did. There was this one guy, and we kept eyeing each other up for about a week before I finally offed him. Once I got him to the room though, it was obvious he wasn't exactly pleased with life and being a go-go boy, so I just had a beer with him, and sent him home with an extra 1500 baht. Other than that though, never had a problem with guys getting hard, wanting to get off, etc.

Then again, I've never pushed either. I don't sit in a go-go bar, and dictate my sexual fantasies to a total stranger who's sitting there in nothing but white briefs. For the most part, I used to just leave it up to him. Treat me how you want to be treated, kind of thing. Sometimes they weren't that great, and no worries. And sometimes they were awesome, and it turned into a ordeal lasting several weeks, with great pay for the Thai. Up to him. :-)

Damn, a typical sex-tourist trip to Pattaya sounds kinda good right now, after writing that. Got the ball & chain though, so no can do. :)

April 1st, 2010, 17:21
1.) There's a decent chance the reason they can't get a hard-on is because of you, not them.

2.) Why pickup a straight guy, with hopes of having great gay sex? That's just stupid.

1) You are a comedienne aren't you? I'm not the fugly one here mate - can't comment on you though!

2) Now that would be a novelty if they told me they were straight! What planet are you on?

cdnmatt
April 1st, 2010, 17:48
You are a comedienne aren't you?

Only for you, babe. :-)

2) Now that would be a novelty if they told me they were straight! What planet are you on?

Read my above post. The guy with a bunch of tattoos, who acts manly, and won't shut up about his motorbike or sports -- he's the straight guy. The soft spoken guy who won't shut up about how much he loves going to the beach, or about his feelings -- he's the gay guy. Really, it's not rocket science to figure out who's gay. If he's questionable, and you're looking great gay sex that night, then don't off him.

allieb
April 1st, 2010, 22:53
Oooh...nice zinger! LOL.

Thanks for the compliment

allieb
April 1st, 2010, 23:00

Well, then take him out for a quick beer, and chat with him for 15 mins. Generally, that's all it takes to figure out if he's gay or not.

Here's a hint. If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay. If he slouches on the chair with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight. Remember, Thais (especially from Issan) aren't brought up and taught to be fakes, and do whatever it takes to be "popular" and "successful", like us in the West. They're taught to be whoever they are on the inside, hence one of the reasons there's so many lady-boys running around, and being gay is simply a non-issue. This makes it a little easier to read them, or at least the basics about them.

I don't know, but I've never had an issue. Actually, that's wrong. One time I did. There was this one guy, and we kept eyeing each other up for about a week before I finally offed him. Once I got him to the room though, it was obvious he wasn't exactly pleased with life and being a go-go boy, so I just had a beer with him, and sent him home with an extra 1500 baht. Other than that though, never had a problem with guys getting hard, wanting to get off, etc.

Then again, I've never pushed either. I don't sit in a go-go bar, and dictate my sexual fantasies to a total stranger who's sitting there in nothing but white briefs. For the most part, I used to just leave it up to him. Treat me how you want to be treated, kind of thing. Sometimes they weren't that great, and no worries. And sometimes they were awesome, and it turned into a ordeal lasting several weeks, with great pay for the Thai. Up to him. :-)

Damn, a typical sex-tourist trip to Pattaya sounds kinda good right now, after writing that. Got the ball & chain though, so no can do. :)

I agree with everything above accept paying 1500 for a non event. Matt that really does encourage the boys to do it again with another Farang. If they don't like the job the're in they should get another. As soon as that boys attitude started you should have given him 500 Baht and said bugger off.

cdnmatt
April 1st, 2010, 23:17
I agree with everything above accept paying 1500 for a non event. Matt that really does encourage the boys to do it again with another Farang. If they don't like the job the're in they should get another. As soon as that boys attitude started you should have given him 500 Baht and said bugger off.

It's called being compassionate. I don't mean he just simply didn't like the job, but it was obvious he was genuinely pretty saddened with his life situation. And I would imagine if for example, I was born close to the Laos border with no father, then end finding out I'm virtually my mom's pension plan (let alone her taking care of me) making me resort to prostitution, I probably wouldn't exactly be too thrilled about life either.

Thankfully though, I ended up being born in a typical, run of the mill middle class family in Canada, so I got lucky.

April 2nd, 2010, 00:06
Some of these guys you off are a total waste of time.

Don't you mean "some of these guys you off are a total waste of time"? Whatever your personal experience may be, that is all it is - your experience.

If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay. If he slouches on the chair with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight. ..... The guy with a bunch of tattoos, who acts manly, and won't shut up about his motorbike or sports -- he's the straight guy. The soft spoken guy who won't shut up about how much he loves going to the beach, or about his feelings -- he's the gay guy.

For once, words fail me .....

April 2nd, 2010, 01:48
http://home.earthlink.net/~cfmdesigns/Comics/Cartoons/images/112.clones.gif
"Trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight."

Smiles
April 2nd, 2010, 11:56
" ...

If he seems really sweet, emotional, compassionate, and well, a pussy, then he's probably gay. If he slouches on the chair with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, trying to be all macho, and talks in the same style, he's probably straight. ..... The guy with a bunch of tattoos, who acts manly, and won't shut up about his motorbike or sports -- he's the straight guy. The soft spoken guy who won't shut up about how much he loves going to the beach, or about his feelings -- he's the gay guy.
Boggles the mind doesn't it? I wonder if there is something beyond a failing of words ... something ever more flabbergastering.

April 3rd, 2010, 00:07
Some of these guys you off are a total waste of time.

Don't you mean "some of these guys you off are a total waste of time"? Whatever your personal experience may be, that is all it is - your experience.

It doesn't matter who goes with them. I can guarantee you that the relevant guys I'm on about are no good to any gay guy and that it for sure. Whilst I'm not in "their" bedroom when they have nookies with other guys, I'm 100% sure, from my experience, how they would perform. It's typical of the "mentality" of a sex worker to act like this - i.e. do as little for the money as they need to do, that is one reason anyway, there are a whole host of other reasons also which link to the "straight" theory.

April 3rd, 2010, 01:04
The guy with a bunch of tattoos ..... etc, etc ..... he's the straight guy. The soft spoken guy ..... etc, etc ..... he's the gay guy.
Boggles the mind doesn't it? I wonder if there is something beyond a failing of words ... something even more flabbergastering.

I think you've got it, Smiles - I thought that type of sexual stereotyping had died out years ago, except in the KKK, the bible-bashers, and similar groups of dinosaurs. For a supposedly young gay Westerner who has travelled, been in a gay marriage, etc, etc to come out with that sort of thing makes me "wonder" a bit too.

Funnily enough it did make me "wonder" about whether it applied to the gays I know and to run through the "Top 20" "gay guys" I know here best including, in no particular order: an ex-senior Hong Kong Police officer, an ex-far more senior British Police officer, a retired Parachute Regiment officer who served in the Falklands conflict, a retired Lt Colonel in the British Army who was promoted through the ranks from Private to Lt Colonel via WO1, another who served in the Special Forces and was the youngest Lt Colonel in the British Army, a highly successful restauranteur, a bank manager, a bus driver (now sadly deceased), a Thai Police Brigadier, a Thai vet turned successful property developer, the Honorary British Consul, a bar owner, a senior teacher (in the UK, not TEFL!), a computer nerd, and an assortment of Thai ex-working boys.

The one thing they all had in common was that they were all "soft spoken", but some were tattooed, some were enthusiastic about their "motorbike or sports", and a few even "love going to the beach" - and one or two even smoked.

I then thought about the equivalent group of "straight guys" I knew, and then of the best "guys" I had worked with (although in most cases I had little or no idea or interest in their sexual preference). Again, about the only thing they had in common was that they were all soft spoken.

Can it really be that simple? Have I missed something so obvious for so long?

Have all my friends and those whose company I prefer or whom I most respect all been gay?
..... And have the slouching, macho, loud ones all been straight?

My flabber has never been so gasted.

April 4th, 2010, 11:11
I am under no illusions either about myself or guys I off. I like straight guys that are versatile maybe they are bi I do not know or care that is my preference. If a guy shows any fem traits I have no interest! I am not looking for "Love" I only want to get my rocks off, if the guy I am with gets hard it is a plus if he wants to shot a load, up to him I am interested in a handsome man that will rollover. After he leaves if he goes fuck his girlfriend or ladyboy I could care less! No Gay Drama, no handbags, no phones ,no jealously. :thebirdman: 1000-1200 if he preforms as asked!

Hereforme, I love this post because you hit the nail on the head precisely! I couldn't agree more. Nothing against fems and ladyboys, but when they try to pass themselves off as straight-acting and then haul out the handbags on the way out the door after being offed, they are doing themselves nor their client any favors. There should be a separate genre of bars set aside for that type, I couldn't agree more!

There's nothing hotter a real boy-man who gets turned on easily. Nothing turns me off more than discovering femmy traits in an off that were not displayed when shopping...if I wanted that I'd go for a girl in the first place- the real deal.

Nothing against those that get off on fems and ladyboys- its just a 'truth in labeling' issue!

Smiles
April 4th, 2010, 13:42
" ... Smiles, a bit older, I believe probably never really explored his gay side and came out until he moved over here ... "
Get yourself another fake crystal ball Jack, and perhaps a new pop psycho-babble book.
Regarding myself: you're off the mark but many miles, and many years.

And regarding the ridiculous stereotyping in a further-back post by Cndmatt: his words are pretty plain, pretty up front, pretty funny, and pretty dunderheaded ... and not even close to being mitigated by your attempt at defense.

April 5th, 2010, 00:39
Funnily enough it did make me "wonder" about whether it applied to the gays I know and to run through the "Top 20" "gay guys" I know here best including, in no particular order: an ex-senior Hong Kong Police officer, an ex-far more senior British Police officer, a retired Parachute Regiment officer who served in the Falklands conflict, a retired Lt Colonel in the British Army who was promoted through the ranks from Private to Lt Colonel via WO1, another who served in the Special Forces and was the youngest Lt Colonel in the British Army, a highly successful restauranteur, a bank manager, a bus driver (now sadly deceased), a Thai Police Brigadier, a Thai vet turned successful property developer, the Honorary British Consul, a bar owner, a senior teacher (in the UK, not TEFL!), a computer nerd, and an assortment of Thai ex-working boys.

your ass must be ragged
who rates the best fuck?

cdnmatt
April 5th, 2010, 03:31
And regarding the ridiculous stereotyping in a further-back post by Cndmatt: his words are pretty plain, pretty up front, pretty funny, and pretty dunderheaded ... and not even close to being mitigated by your attempt at defense.

I'll give defending myself a good ole college try then. :-) I know you and GF are absolutely intent on me being wrong, and that's ok. Maybe you guys have a superiority complex that needs to be fulfilled, or something. I'll admit I was maybe a little too specific, but then again, many on this board tend to take things WAY too literally.

I'll still stick to what I said though, and say in general, it's not difficult to determine if one of the Issan guys you meet in Pattaya / Bangkok is gay or not. GF refuted me by listing off a bunch of career soldiers and law enforcement personnel, the majority being from Western countries. Obviously, you can't compare say, someone born into a middle class UK military family, to someone raised as a Buddhist rice farmer in a small village in Issan. That would simply be idiotic, and GF should be intelligent enough to know this.

More than likely, the UK guy was raised and taught from an early age to succeed, never let anything get in the way of his dreams, and to put up emotional and mental barriers as needed to make that happen. Combine that with the UK societal and military norms, and it's not surprising it's difficult to distinguish he's gay. Same goes for me. People are usually pretty surprised to find out I have a BF, because they just assume I like the ladies. Then again, I was raised in a small oil & forestry town in Northern Alberta, where you're simply not allowed to be gay, so I'm sure that had some affect.

Generally though, Issan folk from villages are raised a little differently. They're not taught to succeed at all costs. They're taught to follow their heart, and be who they are, because that's the path to happiness and fulfillment. They're not taught to put up emotional barriers to conform to their environment, and actually, it's the total opposite. They're taught those emotional barriers are a bad thing, and also taught to be open-minded, and accept people for whoever they are. That's why we have different cultures in this world, which all have different traits and upbringings, which have drastic impacts your your world-view, psyche, and personality.

I'll still stick to what I said though. When chatting with a typical village guy from Issan, and having a couple beers or something, assuming he's comfortable, it's generally not very difficult to determine whether or not he's gay. They don't generally have the same emotional baggage that the majority in the West carry, because that's simply not the world they were brought up in. This in general, makes the basics about them easier to read, such as whether or not their gay.

By and large, being gay in Thailand is simply a non-issue, hence they don't bother hiding it. Really, how many Thai guys have you talked to who have said their parents don't know they're gay, and that they're really worried / scared / nervous about telling them? Almost none, right? How many guys in the West are like that? Not as many as a couple decades ago, but still a good number.

April 5th, 2010, 11:05
Really, how many Thai guys have you talked to who have said their parents don't know they're gay, and that they're really worried / scared / nervous about telling them? Almost none, right?
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/128/9/9/Gin_Ichimaru_by_Byakuya13.jpg
Are you sure that you talk about Thailand??

April 5th, 2010, 14:29
Really, how many Thai guys have you talked to who have said their parents don't know they're gay, and that they're really worried / scared / nervous about telling them?

Actually, Matt, the Thai guy I'm seeing now told me he started injections for boobs at 16 because while his parents had no problem with him being a katoey, they wouldn't tolerate him being gay. He has been trying to get rid of them as he finally stepped out at 18 and realized that he was gay, and not a woman trapped in a man's body.

If you delve into it a bit, I think you'll find that the moralistic Thais- and the more traditional ones- have completely different takes on being gay vs. being a katoey. And, to answer your question: I would say more than a third of the guys I've met/offed say their parents, one or the other (so many are split up), don't know about their true sexuality.

April 5th, 2010, 20:17
Really, how many Thai guys have you talked to who have said their parents don't know they're gay, and that they're really worried / scared / nervous about telling them?

An absolute ton of them...but most of whom come from somewhat higher strata than the Isaan hillbillies you're hanging around with.

April 6th, 2010, 00:22
your ass must be ragged
who rates the best fuck?

Try not to judge others by your own standards - not all of us have sex with everyone we know.

April 6th, 2010, 00:50
Maybe you guys have a superiority complex that needs to be fulfilled, or something.

Maybe, for the first time, you will accept that the reason everyone who has bothered to reply to you here has disagreed with you is because they simply disagree with you - no conspiracy, no superiority, I simply think you are wrong (and apparently I am not alone in this).

Obviously, you can't compare say, someone born into a middle class UK military family, to someone raised as a Buddhist rice farmer in a small village in Issan. That would simply be idiotic, and GF should be intelligent enough to know this.

I didn't compare them - I simply listed the gays I know here best, farang and Thai, regardless of background, and none met your description.

More than likely, the UK guy was raised and taught from an early age to succeed, never let anything get in the way of his dreams, and to put up emotional and mental barriers as needed to make that happen. ... Issan folk from villages are raised a little differently.

The only thing I find hard to believe is that I am actually taking you seriously and replying to this rubbish. You don't think that "a typical village guy from Issan" dancing in his underwear in front of a group of aliens from the planet Zog doesn't "put up emotional and mental barriers as needed" just to survive, let alone follow his dreams??

I can't work out if the "new" version is worse than the old - before, the male world was divided into gay nancy-boys and straight yobs. Now that only applies to the "typical village guy from Issan", while the rest of the world is divided into wannabe gay nancy-yobs and wannabe straight yobs, who would be if only they were striped of the "emotional baggage that the majority in the West carry".

Matt, carry on livng in your own little world if it makes you happy - just make sure you keep your passport and laptop handy for a quick getaway if you need them. I really cant be bothered with any more of this.

Brad the Impala
April 6th, 2010, 01:29
I'll still stick to what I said though, and say in general, it's not difficult to determine if one of the Issan guys you meet in Pattaya / Bangkok is gay or not. GF refuted me by listing off a bunch of career soldiers and law enforcement personnel, the majority being from Western countries. Obviously, you can't compare say, someone born into a middle class UK military family, to someone raised as a Buddhist rice farmer in a small village in Issan. That would simply be idiotic, and GF should be intelligent enough to know this.

Actually you probably can't compare middle class Brits or Thais with working class Thais or Brits. There are still lots of closeted middle class Thais and Brits. There are even some gay Brits who claim that their lives were never affected by their sexuality, and it was therefore not a factor in their choice to retire to the largest gay brothel in the world. The convenience was merely coincidence, as it also was no doubt for the many other very straight mannered queens in uniform, who are their friends.

Perhaps they could be a cabaret act.................."Straight Queens in Uniform".

April 6th, 2010, 10:02
I think we all could agree that Thailand is in its own little wonderful world when it comes to sexuality and that's one of the things we absolutely love about it. I know I do.

It's been said before many times but oh so important here: Don't project Western cultural expectations on the Thai culture! It's an exercise in futility, as many of our more experienced contributors try to point out to us new people here. I learn something new every day...

April 6th, 2010, 12:16
not all of us have sex with everyone we know.
Matthew 1:25

Beachlover
April 6th, 2010, 20:27
I know you and GF are absolutely intent on me being wrong, and that's ok. Maybe you guys have a superiority complex that needs to be fulfilled, or something.

Yes, matt, you're doing a good deed for decrepit old fossils like GF who need to feel superior (and in some instances, lie and invent facts to do so). Good karma to you. :D

I often ask Thai boys if their parents know they're gay. Some really common answers are, "yes, no problem" or "they don't say, but I think they know, it's no problem". Sometimes boys from wealthier or middle class backgrounds are more uptight about it.

April 7th, 2010, 02:20

Matthew 7:1 or Luke 6:37 would seem more appropriate.

April 7th, 2010, 06:06

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9315/coveruun.jpg

kewl or unkewl :idea:

dab69
April 7th, 2010, 08:10

An absolute ton of them...but most of whom come from somewhat higher strata than the Isaan hillbillies you're hanging around with.

coming from a Galveston hillbilly who should know from personal experience?

April 7th, 2010, 08:14
Galveston? WTF?

April 7th, 2010, 11:22

Wow...citing Bible verses...the forum is taking a decidedly more moralistic upturn!

I wonder what the Catholic church's stance on 'What is Reasonable in Offing boys' is.

thenorthguy
April 7th, 2010, 12:00
Well I finally got the idea......and bags are all packed ready to leave for Thailand tomorrow. Reading all these postings on this site i would say 98% are crap and really don't address the subject....in other words they are crap and totally meaningless....its sad that so many here having nothing better to do with their lifes....So upon my return I will write a report.......something that will be imformative and meaningful to those that seek geniune information. I could almost list here those that will have some smart arse comment to make....but I think I will save that one for later.....Thailand here I come....

April 7th, 2010, 13:16
I wonder what the Catholic church's stance on 'What is Reasonable in Offing boys' is.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/covers/full/1259_big.jpg

Beachlover
April 7th, 2010, 18:59
Wow...citing Bible verses...the forum is taking a decidedly more moralistic upturn!

Their stance is, "It's ok, we're all in on it. But for the love of these robes, don't get caught and have it leaked to the public!".

-----------------
"a chorister was sacked for allegedly procuring male prostitutes for a papal gentleman-in-waiting"
-----------------

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ma ... ex-scandal (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/04/vatican-gay-sex-scandal)

I mean... they're practically a few steps from opening a gogo bar in vatican city.

I wonder who gives the pope his morning blowjob?

April 8th, 2010, 01:34
jacklipton wrote: I wonder what the Catholic church's stance on 'What is Reasonable in Offing boys' is.
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/07/pope_benedict_xvi_arrives_at_caselle_airport_and_p roduction_stills_from_harry_potter_and_the_half-blood_prince/gallery_main/gallery_main-harry-potter-vatican-pope08.jpg

Hans K├╝ng: Why celibacy should be abolished. Of course, celibacy is not solely responsible for these crimes. But it is the most important structural expression of the Catholic hierarchyтАЩs inhibitions with regard to sexuality, evident also in its attitude toward birth control and other questions. In fact, a glance at the New Testament shows that although Jesus and Paul led celibate lives, they left others complete freedom to do so or not. Based on the gospel, clerical celibacy can be advocated only as a freely-chosen calling (charisma), not as a compulsory rule for everyone. Paul decisively contradicted those contemporaries who were of the opinion that тАЬit is good for a man not to touch a woman.тАЭ

As he wrote, тАЬto avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husbandтАЭ (1 Corinthians 7: 1-2). According to 1 Timothy 3:2, тАЬA bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wifeтАЭ (not тАЬof no wifeтАЭ!). During their ministry, Peter and the other apostles were married. For many centuries, married life was normal for bishops and presbyters andтАФoutside the Roman Catholic ChurchтАФremains so today, at least for priests, in all the churches of Eastern rites united with the Holy See as well as in Orthodox Christianity. RomeтАЩs rule of celibacy contradicts the gospel and ancient Catholic tradition. It should be abolished. http://blogs.nybooks.com/post/489545638 ... -abolished (http://blogs.nybooks.com/post/489545638/why-celibacy-should-be-abolished)

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/storie ... 900892.htm (http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0900892.htm)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_K%C3%BCng

http://atheistblog.org/m/p/pope-condom-s.png

[X] 200 Baht/Day, 100-300 Baht ST, 200-600 Baht LT. Priests pay with coupons issued by the Holy See.

CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING is a body of doctrine developed by the Catholic Church on matters of poverty and wealth, economics, social organization and the role of the state. Its foundations are widely considered to have been laid by Pope Leo XIII's 1891 encyclical letter Rerum Novarum.

Dignity of work and the rights of workers: Society must pursue economic justice and the economy must serve people, not the other way around. Employers must not "look upon their work people as their bondsmen, but ... respect in every man his dignity as a person ennobled by Christian character." Employers contribute to the common good through the services or products they provide and by creating jobs that uphold the dignity and rights of workers.

Workers have a right to work, to earn a living wage, and to form trade unions to protect their interests. All workers have a right to productive work, to decent and fair wages, and to safe working conditions. Workers also have responsibilities тАФ to provide a fair dayтАЩs work for a fair dayтАЩs pay, to treat employers and co-workers with respect, and to carry out their work in ways that contribute to the common good. Workers must "fully and faithfully" perform the work they have agreed to do. {Wikipedia}

RERUM NOVARUM. ENCYCLICAL OF POPE LEO XIII ON CAPITAL AND LABOUR:
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/leo_x ... um_en.html (http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/leo_xiii/encyclicals/documents/hf_l-xiii_enc_15051891_rerum-novarum_en.html)

Smiles
April 8th, 2010, 10:31
" ... Reading all these postings on this site i would say 98% are crap and really don't address the subject....in other words they are crap and totally meaningless ... "
Northguy, what a crock. I just re-read the entire thread and ~ especially in the first 4 pages ~ most posts included an 'amount' they thought reasonable, an explanation as to why they thought it reasonable, and why most (not all) thought the 3000 baht you are pondering was a bit over the top.
You call that kind of response "crap & meaningless"?

The topic of 'payments-to-offboys' will ~ on this board ~ always elicit this kind of meandering, moralizing, thoughtful, inane commentary. But I assume you knew that going in.
The 'crap' on this thread is not (most of) the replies, but your stupid and offhanded dismissal of everything posted.

April 9th, 2010, 23:56
" ... Reading all these postings on this site i would say 98% are crap and really don't address the subject....in other words they are crap and totally meaningless ... "
Northguy, what a crock.

Well ..... yes, it is a crock, smiles ..... but he actually referred to "this site" rather than this particular thread, giving his point some possible merit!!

thenorthguy
April 14th, 2010, 05:17
Smiles you obviously make up a large part of that 98% crap.....i have just returned and I will throw a few boulders around here. There is one particular web site that one must really question. I'm sure it will draw comments........One would suggest that their support of various bars in Pattaya by way of their comments that they support what can only be described as sick activites.......hold on its going to be a rough ride....

giggsy
April 14th, 2010, 06:07
Smiles you obviously make up a large part of that 98% crap.........

northguy.. :thumbleft: Smiles is one of the nicer/better posters on here.One weird thing about him though is that he likes to "have a go" at new posters. But if you give it back to him he usually takes it in good heart. Another thing I have noticed about him is that he likes to have a few tantrums about this board/moderators...but woe betide anyone else that does without very good reason.

thenorthguy
April 14th, 2010, 06:22
Thank you Giggsy one must expect that if they throw stones at me I will throw boulders back........I have now seen first hand what people jibby about here and as I said one site that claims its up dated daily.....tell me why anyone would be interested in comments made about a particular bar say 2 years ago.....but also support some dodgy places.....

April 14th, 2010, 11:54
BACK ON TOPIC! I have been told by reliable sources that Lonley W. never paid anything only an occasional free grope! Hence the name GROPER. :idea: a

allieb
April 14th, 2010, 12:30
Well I finally got the idea......and bags are all packed ready to leave for Thailand tomorrow. Reading all these postings on this site i would say 98% are crap and really don't address the subject....in other words they are crap and totally meaningless....its sad that so many here having nothing better to do with their lifes....So upon my return I will write a report.......something that will be imformative and meaningful to those that seek geniune information. I could almost list here those that will have some smart arse comment to make....but I think I will save that one for later.....Thailand here I come....

And you're not a sad old queen who has nothing better to do than to ask how long is a piece of string. Don't bother to post when you get back. I for one don't give a shit what you paid and what you didn't. I think you knew all along what to pay for a whore. Your real message was "I will pay 3,000 a day I'm so generous" and your real intention is to pay as little as you can get away with.

andrewcraig
April 14th, 2010, 14:27
BACK ON TOPIC! I have been told by reliable sources that Lonley W. never paid anything only an occasional free grope! Hence the name GROPER. :idea: a

Only one person keeps on and on with that statement and Mr J should slink back into his booth. it was obvious on gaythailand that is was you LMTU, trying to register hereforme after you{him} was banned here. your friend who owns the board admitted as much and has started now at last to edit your posts as well. why do you feel compelled to fuel your walter mitty personality with upwards of 30 posts per day in half a dozen names we know about. 57 posts in 7 days alone as the equalizer on this forum, how many others in different names just on sawatdee alone.
whats wrong public toilets closed for songkran

April 14th, 2010, 15:26

Only one person keeps on and on with that statement and Mr J should slink back into his booth. it was obvious on gaythailand that is was you LMTU, trying to register hereforme after you{him} was banned here. your friend who owns the board admitted as much and has started now at last to edit your posts as well. why do you feel compelled to fuel your walter mitty personality with upwards of 30 posts per day in half a dozen names we know about. 57 posts in 7 days alone as the equalizer on this forum, how many others in different names just on sawatdee alone.
whats wrong public toilets closed for songkran

I have never been so insulted in my life! :rolling: Oh, by the way you seem often to get things backward! Rovert :idea:

jinks
April 14th, 2010, 16:21
Only one person keeps on and on with that statement and Mr J should slink back into his booth.

A really great choice of words, :notworthy:

thenorthguy
April 14th, 2010, 17:01
Reading Allieb comments I reakon he will be sitting by the computer waiting to get off on my report......

April 26th, 2010, 15:00
It's useful to know what is the "going rate" in a particular area be it Bangkok or Brazil.

Then armed with the info of what's reasonable and customary, those that choose to be generous can be generous and those that prefer to pay in the low range of what's acceptable can do so.

April 26th, 2010, 15:03
FASCINATING!