PDA

View Full Version : New gay bar opened in Hua Hin ...

Smiles
March 22nd, 2010, 10:46
Hua Hin's newest gay bar (hosts, sooner or later?) opened it's doors a week ago. Comfortably ensconced on premises of the now defunct lady bar Cheeky Monkey, a much gayer place,'Little Choices' has now arrived in what had become a bit of a graveyard of bit-the-dust places for off-happy gay sex maniacs to hang out.

Five years ago when we first started scouting our new home out, there were a matching number of bars ~ 5, and although Hua Hin has never achieved nirvana status, it was certainly richer than the two lonely host bars which have survived this last year: 'Faq Tong' ~ never the grandest of the grand ~ disappeared last April soon after it's farang owner was murdered and the host boys migrated to the last two left standing, 'Red Indian' and 'Guys Bar'. The former has a certain grungy and claustrophobic charm inside the maze of small bars beside the Hilton, and to it's credit it was, at one time, home to the Greatest-Bubble-Butt-In-Thailand. But he unfortunately fucked off to the Army (dragged, screaming) and left Red Indian bereft of a decent ass.
Guys Bar is a bit of a disaster zone ... unkempt undecorated unadorned unpainted, it's walls a cold slate gray, lacking a pool table, lacking boys more often than not. The owner ~ though a very nice guy ~ has shallow pockets, and it shows. Enjoyable on any given night for a quick beer and short conversation, Guys is a place to go before going to another place ... never the reputation a bar owner wants or needs.

But now we have ~ on top of the aforementioned ~ 'Little Choices'. Frankly, as far as a handle, I'd have thought 'BIG Choices' would be somewhat more attractive to Folks-Like-Us, but there you have it ... 'little' is the new 'big'.
Besides that small nitpick however, 'Little Choices' is, potentially, the best gay thing to have happened to HH in quite some time. More spacious than the other two places, much headier ambiance, mood lighting, formidable sound system, multiple flat screens, pool table (great for when the conversation with a Thai guy who doesn't speak a word is dying a slow death before your very eyes). All beer is 80 baht, hard liquour is 120 baht (I think), cocktails available, no food cooked on the premises, but lots of choice in the vicinity.

Owned by a farang ('Skip') and his boyfriend ('Oh') and open only these last 8 days now, we dropped in with Bob ~ joined later by 'Chee' ~ the other night and stayed for a some hours of crunchingly vicious pool (I crunched ... Bob, Pot and Chee died the death of a 1000 scratches ) and more beer and Bacardi Cokes than I care to remember.
A birthday party started up, there was a rather steady stream of customers coming and going, boys from 'Guys Bar' (unfortunately, almost right next door! ... the Kiss of Death I fear I see) dropped in to sniff which way the wind was blowing and to join in the pool game. That night, 'Little Choices' was indeed a going concern.

I did not notice any obvious host boys on the prowl, but it's only open now just over a week and, if it's what the owner wants it to be, then I suspect it will start to attract more Thai-handsome hangers-around. Presumably gay guys looking for a comfortable gay bar (in Thailand) will expect at least to find some (little or big) choices sitting around the periphery, with that "choose me please" look in their eye.

Here's hoping it accrues good luck, as Hua Hin is a somewhat difficult town for gay folks looking for 'gay' entertainment.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=51&image_id=3147

March 22nd, 2010, 13:11
'Faq Tong' ~ never the grandest of the grand ~ disappeared last April soon after it's farang owner was murdered

Sorry to go off topic with the first reply Smiles, but was anyone brought to justice for this murder?
I remember reading about the incident last year then ... nothing!

Smiles
March 22nd, 2010, 13:16
was anyone brought to justice for this murder?
I don't know. Haven't heard much about it beside some of the Thai guys who worked at Faq Tong gossiping ... and even that is second hand.
Rumour was that the farang's boyfriend was involved. Nothing regarding the police investigation seems to be easy to come by, which is not unusual.

Beachlover
March 22nd, 2010, 17:58
'Faq Tong' ~ never the grandest of the grand ~ disappeared last April soon after it's farang owner was murdered

Sorry to go off topic with the first reply Smiles, but was anyone brought to justice for this murder?

The farang Faq Tong owner was murdered? What happened? I think I met the guy once. Old guy. RIP...

Thai Dyed
March 22nd, 2010, 23:51
But now we have ~ 'Little Choices'. Frankly, as far as a handle, I'd have thought 'BIG Choices' would be somewhat more attractive to Folks-Like-Us, but there you have it ... 'little' is the new 'big'.

Truth to tell Smiles, "little" has been the "big" thing for a long time in some places and among some of the brethren in case you never noticed. Maybe Hua Hin is just trying to horn in on Sunee's tried and tested "business model".

In fact, given the lackluster interest in the newly reopened Marina Pool Bar in Sunee, with its emphasis on old farts and no eye candy, maybe a return to a sure-fire attraction might not be a such a bad idea.

[attachment=0:1zjwi0nu]A Little Choice.jpg[/attachment:1zjwi0nu]

Geezer
March 23rd, 2010, 00:52
That certainly is a cute kid. I could enjoy looking at his photo more if I were sure he is 18. Does anyone know?

If so, is he from around Pattaya?

Thai Dyed
March 23rd, 2010, 01:58
That certainly is a cute kid. I could enjoy looking at his photo more if I were sure he is 18. Does anyone know?

If so, is he from around Pattaya?

Geezer, I found that photo on a blog called "Rice Queen Diary", which is one of my favourites dealing with Thailand. The web-master of that blog seems to have copied it from a commercial site which has been around for a while and which claims all its models are 18+. I have no reason to doubt that. Additionally, there is nothing whatsoever illegal about this photo.

Throughout Asia one can find many boys who are 18+ who can easily appear to be at least a few years younger. Of course, when involved with personal encounters it is always prudent to check IDs very carefully and be certain they are genuine.

Cheers!

Geezer
March 23rd, 2010, 12:17
Thanks for the civil reply Thai Dyed. After reading my post I see it sounds a little тАЬpreachyтАЭ.

I didnтАЩt intend it that way at all. I really did feel a little guilty when looking at it. I guess itтАЩs time for me to relax -- and maybe to look again.

markie1
March 24th, 2010, 04:21
was anyone brought to justice for this murder?
I don't know. Haven't heard much about it beside some of the Thai guys who worked at Faq Tong gossiping ... and even that is second hand.
Rumour was that the farang's boyfriend was involved. Nothing regarding the police investigation seems to be easy to come by, which is not unusual.

I also New Nick and his boyfriend quite well ,and was very shocked at is Death, I did hear after he was stabbed , but dont know who by ,that he did not want to go to hospital he thought he would be ok ,but unfortunately he died the next day , i do know he had a very firey,argumentative , relationship with his boyfriend ,known has madamme Jim, who ran the fatgtong gay bar .interesting this case just died down and they never got to the bottom of it ,and never did arrest any one .

Beachlover
March 24th, 2010, 17:01
I also New Nick and his boyfriend quite well ,and was very shocked at is Death, I did hear after he was stabbed , but dont know who by ,that he did not want to go to hospital he thought he would be ok ,but unfortunately he died the next day ,

Didn't want to go to hospital and died the next day? How would that happen? Who doesn't go to hospital after being stabbed unless it's a light cut and how do you die the next day from that?

markie1
March 25th, 2010, 01:42
I also New Nick and his boyfriend quite well ,and was very shocked at is Death, I did hear after he was stabbed , but dont know who by ,that he did not want to go to hospital he thought he would be ok ,but unfortunately he died the next day ,

Didn't want to go to hospital and died the next day? How would that happen? Who doesn't go to hospital after being stabbed unless it's a light cut and how do you die the next day from that?

I was actually told this from a very good friend who worked in the boyfriends bar, I take it he had internal bleeding from the stab wound , maybe he was just thinking it was not that bad and he would be ok,after all he was a Doctor, and was a bit of a tuff cookie, , no one seems to know too much about this case after the death,but i meet nick on several occations and also visited his house , played bowling many times with him and his boyfriend,he was a very generous guy , lavashed his boy friend with anything he wanted , he hands fingers neck were full of gold , he bought him cars ,anything he wanted , to this day i dont know the full story ,and i dont know who stabbed him , but hopefully one day they will get who did it .

Beachlover
March 25th, 2010, 03:06
Ah well, that's a terrible mistake. Too bad.

March 25th, 2010, 07:26
I also New Nick and his boyfriend quite well ,and was very shocked at is Death, I did hear after he was stabbed , but dont know who by ,that he did not want to go to hospital he thought he would be ok ,but unfortunately he died the next day , i do know he had a very firey,argumentative , relationship with his boyfriend ,known has madamme Jim, who ran the fatgtong gay bar .interesting this case just died down and they never got to the bottom of it ,and never did arrest any one .

Let me guess...one of LMTU's English students?

March 25th, 2010, 07:37

Let me guess...one of LMTU's English students?

are you sure its english?

Beachlover
March 25th, 2010, 18:42
Is Twat of all Twats Fuck-Face reincarnated?

March 25th, 2010, 21:15
After reading my post I see it sounds a little тАЬpreachyтАЭ.
[X] The wicked work harder to preach hell than the righteous do to get to heaven.

[X] Let us thank Inspector Smiles for his report. Time-saving area maps are most welcome!

krobbie
March 26th, 2010, 01:16
As someone who enjoyed a great time in Hua Hin, I am happy that Smiles play ground now has a new bar.

For some reason a lot of guys on here don't like Hua Hin as there is not as much going on there (in a gay sense) but it is one of the most relaxing towns I have been in Thailand.

Because it is such a hit with the Royal Family and Hi So society the hotels seem to be a bit higher priced than elsewhere and that is one of the reasons I don't go there for a time on each trip.

Keep up the good work Smiles,
Krobbie

pudel
May 12th, 2010, 22:07
Is the farang owner 'Skip' not from CCBlooms in Kata (Phuket)?

markie1
May 13th, 2010, 04:49

There are two Madame Jims then?? Confused.com :tard:
Yes poor Nicks boy friend was known has Madamme Jim also
LOLL