PDA

View Full Version : Sawatdeeis historica ...

Smiles
March 20th, 2010, 10:57
After looking at jinks' blog the other day (originally for a post for lonely wombats) I thought there might be some interest ~ though I may be wrong, and will get crucified ... (Hey Zuss took it, so can I) ~ for looking around the history of Sawatdee in various other corners of the known WWW universe, as opposed to simply checking out threads on this latest phpBB incarnation.

Sawatdee has (now) been around the longest of all the gay Thailand boards, has the largest readership, the largest thread compilation, the greatest number of topics which morph off into the wild blue yonder, the greatest number of utter wierdos amongst the membership, is the funniest by far, takes the largest number of prisoners, has the wonkiest moderation, and has easily the most notoriety and the largest number of critics of any of the major boards.

Given those iffy dynamics, it may be of interest to some to ~ on a slow sultry hot Thailand afternoon ~ to cruise through a couple of links which define various eras of Sawatdee's archeology. Why not, I say? You might get some laughs ... which is in essence, the Point of Everything.

(1) << http://sawatdeeforum.yuku.com/ >>

Herein lies the 'archives' of Sawatdee back as far as 2004 (known then as 'Sawardee Forum'). This site contains all the 'stuff' written on the old EZBoard version of Sawatdee . . . essentially the successor to the PattayaGay Message Board which was taken down by it's owner sometime around late 2003, early 2004, leaving the starving members salivating for a Board which was 'freer', and not heavy-handedly moderated (read: 'Gaybutton').
Amongst great long threads, some excellent writing and stories, the beginning, middle, and angst-filled end to the infamous (and rather invigorating :blackeye: ) 'Board War' lies in testament on the Yuku site.

(2) << blog.php?u=89&start=0 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/blog.php?u=89&start=0) >>

As mentioned in the epistle to lonely wombats, this Blog (of our Moderator jinks) holds many of the longer stories of gay Thailand written on the board by various members over the years. All of them are very well worth reading, although Brad's story of his boyfriend's monkhood is not included, but should be. Perhaps the blog's master jinks can do Boardie World a favour and add it to the group of stories already living there?

(3) << http://www.radiofreesawatdee.blogspot.com/ >>

This is the link to Hedda's blog (and mind! :blackeye: ) which was the result of his mental breakdown over a certain aspect of Sawatdee moderation (i.e. the Hydra Head Theory). This Bog appeared a little after his resignation ~ in classic High Dudgeon ~ and lived for some time as a sort of cyber 'vaccination' against the spreading disease of cyber 'hell' (i.e. Sawatdee Forum). A classic of frothing over reaction, paranoia, cronyism and outright lies ... it's well worth a read if you've already crossed over to the Dark Side and taken to rooting under rocks.
But part of Sawatdee's history nonetheless.

Anyway, like I said above: on a slow day. :headbang:

DamienZ
March 20th, 2010, 13:27
Thanks Smiles,
this is indeed an interesting read and the SGT forum history is also fascinating.
Thanks for the research and post.
DZ
:study:

March 21st, 2010, 21:53
Sawatdeeis historica ...
[?] Sawatee is historica = Sawatdee is a female historian.

[X] In the past Ms Sawatdee was more courageous.

[?] Sawatdee's historica = Sawatdee's female historian.

[?] Sawatdee is historia = Sawatdee is history.

[!] A popular opinion today.

[?] Sawatdee's historia = Sawatdee's history.