PDA

View Full Version : Just a cement factory yard ...

Smiles
March 17th, 2010, 16:20
A month or so ago I started a thread which, among other things, asked any member of Sawatdee who lives Pattaya or Jomtien to take a look at the site of the Ocean 1 project (i.e. a Very High condominium complex ... the highest in Thailand it is advertised) to see, and possibly report, on how this mega-building was going.
I had heard before that in fact, nothing was 'going' ... the site being flat as a pancake. But I didn't know for sure, not having seen it for myself.
Even though the original post was simply asking for a kind of progress report, and offered neither negative criticism nor supportive hosannas, the thread was deleted almost immediately. No explanation.

OK, so now I've done it for myself. Below are photographs (with time stamp) taken last week in Jomtien of the Ocean 1 construction site. There is no building going on, there is no hole being dug, there is no semblance of what anyone could call 'foundation work'.
All that's there is a small cement factory, which I assume (but do not know for sure) is making and supplying cement for the many other construction sites in the vicinity.

I have nothing in particular against Ocean 1. I'm not a disgruntled owner. I've put down no money against a future condo. Neither do I know whether Ocean 1 will be built in the near future, the further-out future, or whether it's been postponed or even canceled.
What I do know ~ for whatever reason ~ there is nothing besides a small cement factory occupying the site of the grandiose Ocean 1 development.

There is an Adobe file which contains the official advertising of Ocean 1 at << http://www.google.co.th/search?q=ocean+ ... =firefox-a (http://www.google.co.th/search?q=ocean+1+development+jomtien&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) >> (click on the first URL), and within that Adobe file ~ amongst other information ~ is a Q&A which states a project finishing date of 2011.

Pictures are sometimes better than a thousand words. They speak for themselves, and are objective.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/forum%20photos%202/Jomtien035.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/forum%20photos%202/Jomtien037.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/forum%20photos%202/Jomtien038.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/forum%20photos%202/Jomtien034.jpg

Patexpat
March 17th, 2010, 17:39
says it all me thinks ...

witchhunt
March 17th, 2010, 17:50
yes it is not hard to remember the over the top promotions by LMTU, Edith and others who were on spotters fees.

Strange they have become very quiet. I remember that romania posted a clever comment regarding erection difficulties
and Oceans 1, which disappeared tout suite.

jinks
March 17th, 2010, 18:04
Pictures are sometimes better than a thousand words. They speak for themselves, and are objective.

A slow, nothing to do day ?

Smiles, rehashing this sad type of thread give you no credibility at all.

In fact you are now "agent provcateur" for the likes of billy and lmtu... as you no doubt intended.

I left the last thread to die a natural death. As did the facebook page on the subject.

Live and Let Die - as Ian Fleming said.

March 17th, 2010, 18:06
Quick, who do I give my deposit to?

Beachlover
March 17th, 2010, 18:26
yes it is not hard to remember the over the top promotions by LMTU, Edith and others who were on spotters fees.

Strange they have become very quiet. I remember that romania posted a clever comment regarding erection difficulties

Is that one of the reasons why it's such a provocative topic here?... Because certain members were promoting it shamelessly to no end?

Hehe... nice move Smiles. I don't think it's provocative. Just stating the facts in a relatively neutral way.

So what happens to the people who put money down for the development?

March 17th, 2010, 18:36

Didn't one of those posters continually post (in block capital letters) of his dislike for those of us that supported Drummonds original article about the misdeeds of a certain pair in Pattaya, refering to how he lost his original libel case blah, blah, blah........Justice now prevails, he has won his appeal and the silence is now deafening! As for deposits, well I wouldn't hold my breath!

March 17th, 2010, 23:03
You may all be in for a terrible shock, when you see the Phoenix rise from the grave, you will be wishing you could afford to buy one of these prestige properties soon..... I hope you will eat your words then, with many exciting things going on in the back ground, what a negative lot you all are?

When it happens, Madge...when it happens!

March 17th, 2010, 23:11
You may all be in for a terrible shock, when you see the Phoenix rise from the grave, you will be wishing you could afford to buy one of these prestige properties soon..... I hope you will eat your words then, with many exciting things going on in the back ground, what a negative lot you all are?

The phoenix was a legendary Arabian bird said to periodically burn itself to death and emerge from the ashes as a new phoenix; according to most versions only one phoenix lived at a time and it renewed itself every 500 years.

Arn't you the 'phoenix' of this board LMTU? Perhaps not as you seem to renew yourself in here every other day or so under a different name!

March 17th, 2010, 23:19
Actually, the phoenix originates in Persian mythology. And our resident Arab expert will be quick to elaborate (as if we didn't know) that Persians are not Arabs.

March 17th, 2010, 23:27
Actually, the phoenix originates in Persian mythology. And our resident Arab expert will be quick to elaborate (as if we didn't know) that Persians are not Arabs.

Depends how far back you go as in pre-Islamic times, there were many Arabs who lived in the cultural sphere of Persia and who used Persian as their written language. These are/were referred to as Persian Arabs.

Whatever, the paronomasia was intended for our favorite poster!

catawampuscat
March 18th, 2010, 00:24
well, at least this thread disproves the allegations that our beloved jinks was
blocking anything about the pie in the sky project..
As long as posters keep bringing up the neferious and many times banned poster lmtu,
it seems only fair that the moderators allow him to refute the postings and
continue to brown nose one of his 'very important friends' :pottytrain3: ..

March 18th, 2010, 00:28
blocking anything about the pie in the sky project.

No...what it proves is that he got chastised by Bob for attempting to prevent negative discussions of his friends' business projects -- and was told to knock it off.

Smiles
March 18th, 2010, 15:47
Just a moment ... if you'd read the OP objectively (is that possible with you?) you would see that there's not a negative word written there.
Will it get built? Perhaps, and good on the owners, and good for the down-payers.
The only point the photos were meant to make was that, after the breathless hype, after so many years, and yes, even after your usual kiss-of-death touting, there is still not an inch of earth actually been moved.
You say "many of exciting things going on". Good. What are they? Can you tell us?
The photos tell a different story.

I don't give two hoots whether the building goes up or stays as it is. But this is fact on the ground:
It is now almost-mid 2010. [/*:m:2j5uttc2]
The Ocean1 website site states 2011 as the finish date on the building. [/*:m:2j5uttc2]
The building is supposed to be 90-plus stories high. [/*:m:2j5uttc2]
Do the math.[/*:m:2j5uttc2]

At the very least, don't you think a re-write of the website would add a bit of credibility?

And on the subject of 'credibility':

" ... rehashing this sad type of thread give you no credibility at all.
In fact you are now "agent provcateur" for the likes of billy and lmtu... as you no doubt intended ... "
Sorry jinks, that point of view is your opinion only.
Why is it a 'sad' type of thread? It's photographic information which answers the question I posed in the earlier thread: i.e. what was the status of Ocean 1 project?
What is 'sad' about the Members here knowing the status of a project which was, some years ago, advertised on this board? Can you explain what you mean?
'Agent Provocateur' implies sinister motive, and I have none ... as I explained in the opening thread.

If there is a loss of credibility for anyone on this, then I suggest you do some self navel-gazing.

March 18th, 2010, 17:01
Elton John must be seething. LOL.

March 19th, 2010, 21:54
Assume it actually gets built. Assume then that even the cheapest units will cost a few million Baht. What actually beggars belief is that there are that many idiots out there willing to spend that kind of money on a shit hole like Pattaya. And yes for all you mouth breathers out there, I do realize that it is in Jomtien. Same shit... different pile.

March 19th, 2010, 22:29
Elton John must be seething. LOL.

Not as much as you seem to be 'Fuck Head' but there again it must be so frustrating waiting for justice in Pattaya, a bit like watching paint dry......To quote you "Who gives a fuck"

March 19th, 2010, 23:45
blocking anything about the pie in the sky project.

No...what it proves is that he got chastised by Bob for attempting to prevent negative discussions of his friends' business projects -- and was told to knock it off.

Possibly ..... or he could have just decided that it was time to stop making a complete fool of himself over this particular subject.