PDA

View Full Version : I am going back to my country Thaiand after five years

March 14th, 2010, 14:59
Hi, some of you guys may remember me from my previous post (quite awhile ago) about going to the States.

About the trip in the states, I did not have a good time over there as I expected it to be. My friend and I had kind of discrepancy and something went wrong as well. Therefore so many things did not occur according to the plan. Well, that is part of life and surely the show must go on.

I am back in Canada since last month , and I did not have an energy to write any reports about the States at all whatsoever. I have been living in Canada for quite a long time, and now it's time for me to go back .

I am going back to Bangkok Thailand my country in the next two weeks after being away from my home for five years. You cannot imagine how much I miss my parents, my friends, my relatives and the list.......................go on. I miss Thai food a lot even though I eat Thai food here occasionally. As you know going to a Thai restaurant in Canada is expensive, so I cannot afford to go there as much as I would like too. On top of that, there is no way near........... Thai food in Thailand. When I arrive there, I will eat................eat...............eat everything.

Anyway, I am very excited to go back to my country after all, lots of things need to be done.

I miss Thailand so.................much . Has my country changed a lot in the past five years , soon..........I will find out.

One quick question, I know that I am going to land in Suvarnabhumi Airport instead of Don muang, is taxi still the same?

I remember from Don muang airport , I have to go down stair to get one. What is the taxi regulation in the new airport?

Thanks in advance

camperboy
March 14th, 2010, 15:17
Based on your previous posts in another thread, you studied in England and USA before and even managed to pass your TOEFL.

Wonderful.

And you mentioned also, you will be in USA on the 25th of Jan 2010.

Now is, March 14.

If my elementary maths serves me right, that is less than 3 months for the time you are in the States.

Where is the five years?

March 14th, 2010, 17:30
To answer Note's question - when you exit the arrival hall, go down one level to the meter taxi desk. There is an airport surcharge of 50 baht on top of the metered fare.

March 14th, 2010, 17:52
To answer Note's question - when you exit the arrival hall, go down one level to the meter taxi desk. There is an airport surcharge of 50 baht on top of the metered fare.

Could you go upstairs to departures and get a taxi from there to avoid the surcharge, or have they cracked down on that?

From what I recall the taxi desk is only good for writing down addresses for the taxi drivers (something which wouldn't be that useful for the Thais).

March 14th, 2010, 17:58
The taxi desk provides some protection if you have any hassles.You get a slip of paper with the taxi drivers name and number, and a phone number to call in case of any problem with the driver. Its nothing to do with writing the address in Thai. If you are mean enough to want to save 50 baht and cheat a licensed cab airport cab driver out of a ride, go ahead.

March 14th, 2010, 23:39
As you know going to a Thai restaurant in Canada is expensive, so I cannot afford to go there as much as I would like too. On top of that, there is no way near........... Thai food in Thailand. When I arrive there, I will eat................eat...............eat everything.
Hard times? Peaceful coexistence with canned coconut milk in Protestant Canada.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/foodday_impact/2009/01/coconut%20milk.JPG

March 15th, 2010, 00:48
... you mentioned also, you will be in USA on the 25th of Jan 2010.

Now is, March 14.

If my elementary maths serves me right, that is less than 3 months for the time you are in the States.

By my elementary maths, actually less than two.

Romania, agreed - he did imply he was in Canada, but he also said then that "I haven't written in English for quite awhile". Maybe he has also forgotten how to read and speak Thai. His posts made little sense then, and they make less sense now.

March 15th, 2010, 14:47
Thanks to FOF, someoneelse for your information about taxi.

Thanks to romania for reading my post carefully and thanks for your understanding as well.

First, I was going to explain something to some of the members here . Then I think it is really useless to do so.Therefore, I will leave it as is now.

To romania, do you want to have a cup of coffee with me when I get there ? If you are in Bangkok, or if you are coming to Bangkok. I will bring my Thai passport along with my Canadian permanent resident card. Then , maybe you can explain to someone in this webboard.

I am sure you will do a better job than me. Maybe, my English is really really bad now. Maybe that is the reason why I caused someone such a great confusion.

I can't wait to go back to my country, and you can't imagine how much I miss Thailand.

Thanks to everyone once again and have a nice day.

ThaiFan
March 16th, 2010, 22:01
Actually, I think except for the new airport, updated Altis taxis and refurbished malls, no thanks to the political tussle :protest: in Thailand, sorry to say that your country hasn't progressed much for the last 5 years. :angry7:

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2010, 02:54
sorry to say that your country hasn't progressed much for the last 5 years.

Yes, unlike the majority of Western countries, which have all progressed greatly in the past 5 years. Oh, wait... we've actually all regressed quite drastically in the past simple two years, to the point where entire countries are declaring bankruptcy. Don't worry about just a bank or two within the country declaring bankruptcy, might as well go all out, and have the government do it.

April 18th, 2010, 23:15
I have been back to Bangkok now. If anyone would like to meet me here, please send me a note through private message. We can take it from there.

Thanks

April 19th, 2010, 16:30
I have been back to Bangkok now. If anyone would like to meet me here, please send me a note through private message. We can take it from there.

Thanks

Your offer of a coffee (three posts above) would be accepted if there was not a slight transport problem from the UK, which means that I have had to postpone my next visit to Bangkok until the chaos is cleared.