PDA

View Full Version : cheap fares UK /BKK Qatar Airways

lonelywombat
March 12th, 2010, 16:41
Just had text message from friend in the UK, he has had a great email offer to fly return LHR/BKK with an hour stopover . 530 GBP is that a good deal?????

Flight 1 London to Doha Thursday, 17 Jun 2010
Departure : 11:00 London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, Terminal 3 Flight : Qatar Airways QR 006
Arrival : 19:55 Doha, Qatar - Doha Aircraft : 332 Airbus Industrie A330-200
Class : Economy (M)

Change of Aircraft required,Time between flights : 50 mins

Flight 2 Doha to Bangkok Thursday, 17 Jun 2010
Departure : 20:45 Doha, Qatar - Doha Flight : Qatar Airways QR 612
Arrival : 07:45 +1 Day(s) Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International Aircraft : 77W Boeing 777-300ER

maisoui
March 12th, 2010, 18:23
Just had text message from friend in the UK, he has had a great email offer to fly return LHR/BKK with an hour stopover . 530 GBP is that a good deal?????

Flight 1 London to Doha Thursday, 17 Jun 2010
Departure : 11:00 London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, Terminal 3 Flight : Qatar Airways QR 006
Arrival : 19:55 Doha, Qatar - Doha Aircraft : 332 Airbus Industrie A330-200

Change of Aircraft required,Time between flights : 50 mins

Flight 2 Doha to Bangkok Thursday, 17 Jun 2010
Departure : 20:45 Doha, Qatar - Doha Flight : Qatar Airways QR 612
Arrival : 07:45 +1 Day(s) Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International Aircraft : 77W Boeing 777-300ER

You can probably get marginally better on Emirates or Etihad in Economy. When I was booking Qatar had the lowest biz fares.
My most recent ticket was ┬г470 economy from Opodo on Emirates, into Bangkok out of KL, but same price if out of Bangkok.

March 12th, 2010, 18:34
If price is the main criterion then Air India or Jet Air are doing the same trip about ┬г100 less than Qatar.

Also, for September, Oman Air are currently offering London - BKK return for under ┬г350!!!

Emirates have a weird pricing structure - it goes up and down like a yoyo. Yesterday it was just over ┬г500 for Sept 2010 and today its just under ┬г700. Last year the fare fluctuated from ┬г500 to ┬г700 to ┬г500 to ┬г700 again over the course of 6 months. The normal "book early" rule does not necessarily apply with Emirates. Plus you need to have a 28inch waist to fit in the economy seats with any comfort as their most common configuation manages to cram an extra seat in each row . Business class is excellent, but (currently) at over ┬г2200 for September 2010 I won't be bothering. The new Skywards rules have seen the upgrade points required for UK-Thailand rise from 105,000 to 155,000 and flying the lowest fare now attracts only "half points"

:occasion9:

March 12th, 2010, 19:55
...and EVA is non-stop, while on Qatar you'll have to stop off in the asshole of the earth. Maybe you'll see allieb there stoning adulterers or cheering on an honor rape?

March 12th, 2010, 20:36
I used to fly Eva, but 12hrs or so non-stop is more than I can take - not to mention the Pot Noodle for breakfast!!

Sometimes a stop-over can be a welcome break, but I agree that arab airports generally are to be avoided.

I had an unintentional one in Doha once as a result of a terrorist attack and re-routing, it wasn't THAT bad.

:bounce:

allieb
March 13th, 2010, 00:09
...and EVA is non-stop, while on Qatar you'll have to stop off in the asshole of the earth. Maybe you'll see allieb there stoning adulterers or cheering on an honor rape?

Geography lesson Fuck Face. Qatar is not Saudi Arabia. Thought you knew it all

Back to the original poster. Don't listen to Fuck Face just look at his avatar, he is asshole of the Sawatdee board. Qatar is considered to be one of if not the best airline in the world. The seats are 3 3 3 as oposed to 3-4-3 in Emirates. The service in economy is outstanding and as good as many other airline's business class. Doha airport is new and easy to transit. There is a good duty free with everything you want including booze.

I have already booked my next trip with Qatar, Jeddah Doha Bangkok with a 45 minute transfer and paid 2700 SR which is 450 pounds. Etihad is also good but transit times are longer, and they have to be as the walk from one gate to another and passing through security again at Abu Dhabi, can take as long as 60 minutes.

goji
March 13th, 2010, 00:58
Eva flies direct and have nice Asian staff who understand customer service.
The food is lovely, by airline standards. Their Indian food is better than that served in Pattaya Indian restaurants, although of course you have to carefully request your "Special Meal" when booking the flight.

Why travel via the middle east & risk getting stoned to death for being gay? Or suddenly find the airline you are on does not serve alcohol?
Why give cash to a society which holds homosexuality in such contempt?

allieb
March 13th, 2010, 03:57
The food is lovely, by airline standards. Their Indian food is better than that served in Pattaya Indian restaurants, although of course you have to carefully request your "Special Meal" when booking the flight.

Why travel via the middle east & risk getting stoned to death for being gay? Or suddenly find the airline you are on does not serve alcohol?

The only Middle East airline flying to Bangkok that does'nt serve booze is Kuwait Airways

March 13th, 2010, 08:29

The only Middle East airline flying to Bangkok that does'nt serve booze is Kuwait Airways

I know where Qatar is, thanks very much. I have transited it once (that was enough). It is full of Arab dogs, which is the reason you rated a mention.

As for your your knowledge, "the only Middle East airline flying to Bangkok that doesn't serve booze is Kuwait Airways". Sorry, dear -- you are way off the mark. The following Middle Eastern airlines also serve Bangkok, and are also DRY AS A BONE:

EgyptAir
Mahan Air
Iran Air
Saudi Arabian

Pakistan Air and Royal Air Brunei, while not "Middle Eastern" are dry, too. Fifty lashes for you.

allieb
March 13th, 2010, 11:37
As for your your knowledge, "the only Middle East airline flying to Bangkok that doesn't serve booze is Kuwait Airways". Sorry, dear -- you are way off the mark. The following Middle Eastern airlines also serve Bangkok, and are also DRY AS A BONE:

EgyptAir
Mahan Air
Iran Air
Saudi Arabian

Pakistan Air and Royal Air Brunei, while not "Middle Eastern" are dry, too. Fifty lashes for you.

Correction to you dear. Saudi Arabian Airlines do not fly to Bangkok as their nationals are not allowed to go there
The last time I flew Egypt Air I was served booze ( 6 months ago)
Mahan And Iran Air I suppose can be called Middle Eastern but they certainly aint Arabs

Why didn't tou enjoy your stop over in Qatar?

Beachlover
March 13th, 2010, 13:13
Royal Air Brunei".... are dry, too.

I didn't know this.

Making a mental note never to fly Royal Brunei then... What savages.

March 13th, 2010, 13:26

EgyptAir
Mahan Air
Iran Air
Saudi Arabian

Correction to you dear. Saudi Arabian Airlines do not fly to Bangkok as their nationals are not allowed to go there
The last time I flew Egypt Air I was served booze ( 6 months ago)
Mahan And Iran Air I suppose can be called Middle Eastern but they certainly aint Arabs

Why didn't tou enjoy your stop over in Qatar?

a) Saudi Arabian flies here during the haj.
b) I can assure you that EgyptAir is dry.
c) I am well aware that Persians are not Arabs. We were discussing "Middle Eastern airlines", not Arab airlines.
d) I did not enjoy my stopover in Qatar because the place was full of Arabs.
e) Any more questions?

atri1666
March 13th, 2010, 15:44
I will think on you when i next week take my seat in Qatarairways business class. For me still one of the best airlines and i like the short stopover in Doha with visiting the premium terminal . Also like the cheap and good duty free shop. They have even in economy better seats and VOD for everyone.
6 days to go

March 14th, 2010, 00:24
I used to fly Eva, but 12hrs or so non-stop is more than I can take - not to mention the Pot Noodle for breakfast!!

:bounce:

In Premier Laurel we get the choice of food for breakfast.

Sorry couldn't resit that dig

There's a choice in Economy too - Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle or Vegetable Curry Pot Noodle!!

Premium Laurel seems to be about 3x the Economy price (┬г1460 v ┬г520 in June).

Having said that, IF I could afford it, I'd do it!!

:occasion9: :occasion9:

TrongpaiExpat
March 14th, 2010, 13:31
It does seem to me that all the airlines including EVA have been in a steady decline in the quality of the meals for several years now. Even in Premier Laurel (business class really) I find many of the food items unappealing. I guess it where they cut costs.

I don't know why EVA went with the 'ski slope' seats in business class. I don't like them. Your forever sliding downward if you attempt to sleep.

In the founding days of long-haul flights the airlines first thought that a seating arrangement with flat births similar to the trains of that day would be the way to go. Too bad that original idea seems mostly an abandoned thought.