PDA

View Full Version : THE VENUE GAY HOTEL AND CABARET, JOMTIEN

boy
March 11th, 2010, 23:44
Hi,

Does anybody already stayed in this gayhotel and can give some information (negative and positive).

I will be staying in October for nearly three weeks in Jomtien - the bigger part of time at Sansuk Guest House which is a little bit outside of the beach, and for some other days I intend to stay at The Venue Gay Hotel and Cabaret which is located directly at Jomtien beach area.

Thanks to everybody who can give me some advice of above referenced gay hotel !

Patexpat
March 12th, 2010, 09:31
Let's try to give out some useful and helpful information shall we?

I have had 9 different friends from the UK stay there over the past 8 months, and all have enjoyed their stay there without exception. The last one only returned to the UK yesterday, and he was very impressed with the rooms for the B999 price and the friendliness of the staff.

Feel free to PM me if you require any additional info ...

pyro
March 12th, 2010, 13:54
I stayed at the Venue shortly after it opened last year. Other than a minor issue with the internet that was quickly resolved, the only thing I had a problem with was that the bed was extremely hard. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was nice and very clean. The pool is small, but it is big enough for a dip in the afternoon. Unless you are practicing for the Olympics, it should be sufficient. It is a very short walk to the baht bus into Pattaya. I know there has been several issues with the distance to the beach, but I found it to be quite convenient, only about a 5 minute walk to the gay section. Could take longer if you walk really slowly, but even then I would think it would not take much more than 10 minutes. There could be an issue with noise from the bar if you sleep early, but I was usually not back until the bar had closed, so I never had a problem with the noise. My overall experience with The Venue was a very positive one.

TrongpaiExpat
March 12th, 2010, 14:10
Yes, I also found the mattress too hard for me. Nice pillows but not a soft bed. It gives a little but I mostly sleep on my side and awoke with some hip discomfort. A simple fix would be a simple 1 or 2 inch of foam rubber (latex) pad under a fitted mattress pad.

Yes, you do hear the music from the bar, how could you not, your above it.? After the show, it's quiet and all day quiet. So, unless you have to sleep in the evening for an early flight or something, then it's not a problem.

I was recently at a travel fair in Bangkok and I noticed a lot of the hotels with booths had big signs with "American Mattress" and another put more emphasis with "No Thai Style Mattress" In reality what they mean is they are cheap and with all the money spend on the decor and renovations in the VENUE, it seems strange that they cut corners on the beds. Perhaps the owners are used to sleeping on boards?

I hope this thread was started out of a genuine interest in the venue and not someone looking to spark a resurrection of LMTU and the ensuing mud fight. Do a search and wade through post posts about the VENUE.

jinks
March 12th, 2010, 16:52
Positive experience during my December stay. I have re-booked for December this year.

Very clean, nice big TV, hot hot shower, smoking balcony and a lift !
(Americans please read Elevator and paperboy - Ascensor)

I agree that the pool (nice and cold) is big enough to swim but not good for a workout.

The only small item, the night manager was asleep one early morning when a friend had to leave for work.

March 12th, 2010, 18:12
Personally I avoid "Gay" hotels like the plague.

Book yourself into a decent class "gay friendly" hotel instead.

By doing this you'll avoid subjecting yourself and any boy you may bring back to the intense scrutiny and predatory interest of the geriatric lizards which infest "Gay" hotels - where the majority of elderly gay men are like flies round a newly-laid shit in such circumstances.

:occasion9: :occasion9:

March 12th, 2010, 18:53
Personally I avoid "Gay" hotels like the plague.
Predatory interest? Let's share and share alike.

[] "Gay" hotels like Lotus Hotel, Chiang Mai or Caf├й Royale, Pattaya
[X] Cosy hotels that don't tell me what to do

March 12th, 2010, 20:45
[] "Gay" hotels like Lotus Hotel, Chiang Mai or Caf├й Royale, Pattaya
[X] Cosy hotels that don't tell me what to do

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but I have stayed in both hotels you have mentioned and did not like either for precisely the reasons I mentioned.

In addition, the Lebanese (ex?)boss at Lotus in CM was very clique-ish and had time only for the daily tea and fairy cake brigade.

As for LCR, I have almost resorted to violence fending off the predatory advances of their customers towards companions I have had with me.

:occasion9: