PDA

View Full Version : Booking Hotels Online - Which Website?

camperboy
March 10th, 2010, 12:42
Hi.

Thinking of booking hotels through an online portal like Agoda etc. But not sure which is reliable or offer good deals.... :glasses7: :glasses7:

Anyone can recommend? Thank you so much.

Can't wait to parrrty in BKK!! :occasion9: :king: :alc: :occasion9: :sunny:

March 10th, 2010, 13:44
How about www.sextourist.com (http://www.sextourist.com)?

March 10th, 2010, 16:41
sextourist.... idiot

agoda is usually pretty good

TrongpaiExpat
March 10th, 2010, 18:13
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ Go to trip adviser and it checks several web sites at once.

You have to watch Agota. They sometimes appear the cheapest and then there's a service charge, or no breakfast or they play games with the room categories so it's hard to compare what the others are offering. Check the hotels own site first and take it from there.

I use http://www.sawadee.com/ a lot. Prepaid vouchers.

This weekend, if Bangkok is not closed from a Red Alert, there's another travel fair at the Queen Sirkit Convention Center, Bangkok. You can sometimes find some good prices for hotels. It opens tomorrow through Sunday.

Beachlover
March 10th, 2010, 18:28
AGODA is pretty good. It's what I've used since AsiaRooms went down the toilet. Such a pain in the arse they decided to change that website. AsiaRooms used to consistently have the best offer.... 98% of the time. Almost didn't bother checking other sites.

Beware, AGODA rates don't include tax and surcharges on Thailand hotels. When you go to pay, you see the full amount (about 15-20% more I think). Another pain in the...

camperboy
June 26th, 2010, 22:06
Hey guys!

Just wanna ask, agoda is reliable yeah??

Am booking with agoda soon. Their rates are very very good!!

So final payment is only in Agoda right? Hotel wont ask for any more money yeah?

June 27th, 2010, 00:13
I use http://www.hotelscombined.com. They choose the cheapest offer for you :hello1:

Beachlover
June 27th, 2010, 03:13
Hey guys!

Just wanna ask, agoda is reliable yeah??

Am booking with agoda soon. Their rates are very very good!!

So final payment is only in Agoda right? Hotel wont ask for any more money yeah?

Yes, Agoda is reliable.

However, always check with the hotel to see if they will match Agoda's rate before you book with them.

1. Hotel's often don't need the full amount upfront

2. Often easier to cancel/change if you've booked direct with the hotel (not always the case - depends on the terms and conditions of the rate offered)

2. Most importantly, if there is a problem, you have a better avenue of recourse if you booked direct with the hotel. If you booked through Agoda, getting a refund or partial refund for problems or issues could take months and probably won't happen.

camperboy
June 27th, 2010, 15:36
Thanks beachlover!!

Well, am booking tawana hehehhe so close to tawan!! and am gonna pay abt roughly 60sgd per night!

So yeah... i think im gonna trust agoda!

TOQ
June 27th, 2010, 17:51
Thanks beachlover!!

Well, am booking tawana hehehhe so close to tawan!! and am gonna pay abt roughly 60sgd per night!

Did you look at the deArni next door to the Tawana?

Geezer
June 27th, 2010, 19:08
The last (and I do mean last) time I was at Tawana they charged a joinerтАЩs fee.

camperboy
June 27th, 2010, 19:24
Thanks beachlover!!

Did you look at the deArni next door to the Tawana?

hmm i just checked it. Is it good?? I checked on Agoda and will be paying about 90sgd a night.... hmmm

camperboy
June 27th, 2010, 19:25
The last (and I do mean last) time I was at Tawana they charged a joinerтАЩs fee.

read some reviews, on tripadvisor especially, and its kinda alright i guess. Not bad. But not over the top too.....

wont be bringing guys back to hotel.. so... yeah hahah