PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok this weekend 15th march

March 10th, 2010, 05:18
Arriving Bangkok this Friday for months holdiday with my partner- Wondering because of the March if we should travel north and let Bangkok settle down for a while

Was going to stay near Lumpini Park

Neil

cdnmatt
March 10th, 2010, 06:26
Considering the government has already publicly stated the ISA will be in effect, nope, I wouldn't be spending time in Bangkok.

DCbob
March 10th, 2010, 06:29
I am definitely staying in Pattaya.
I was planning on traveling through Bangkok, but the
article today in the Bangkok Post kind of warned me away.
Suggest you read and make up your own mind.
There is a map and explanation of the precautions in other areas of the country also.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... fore-rally (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/34162/shinawatras-flee-country-before-rally)

March 10th, 2010, 06:36
Thanks for your qick reply guys - I think we will head north or west and see what happens.

Neil

March 10th, 2010, 16:45
I know where he can put that baton.

March 10th, 2010, 16:48
come to chiang mai! nice boys and nice prices

TrongpaiExpat
March 10th, 2010, 17:59
I'm staying in town. Today, I noticed a lot of the office buildings along Sukhumvit have decided to close on Friday. I'm not going near them, don't expect them on my street and hope it all stays calm. The last time there was trouble would never would have know it from most of the locations in Bangkok, it's going to be very isolated. Look for trouble and you might find it but your going to have to look real hard.

Beachlover
March 10th, 2010, 18:33
I know where he can put that baton.

That was the first thing I thought when I opened that link. Cute soldier.

March 14th, 2010, 19:54
Not to be too crass, but how have the protests impacted the gay bars in the silom area? Are they shut down entirely? I arrive March 20th and was hoping to have some fun watching cute boys on stage and not a protest! I've been following the protest with interest.

March 14th, 2010, 20:09
Well IтАЩm near Silom now and see nothing different, I was told by friends all the Bars are working, all quite Normal in Bangkok, unless you go to a few
Government buildings, I would just go about your Trip as normal, no Problems, all quiet many people seem just fed up with it and letting the few Farmers and taxi drivers involved know, even the very few Monks marching around, want it to be known they are only there to make sure there is no blood shed, not for political reasons.

It all seems a storm in a Tea cup and Toxin now in Switzerland still trying to hang onto the last remnants of his power base, must be pulling his hair out that only about 40,000 Demonstrators arrived, not the Million his Party was predicting.

March 14th, 2010, 21:48
Demo's are quite common in LOS, well at least every year or so. As posted a few times before they are highly unlikely to effect or target tourists or tourist areas unless like the last time they decide to block access to the airport. If they do become large just keep to the main areas and don't go wondering off.

Beachlover
March 15th, 2010, 16:46
Are there any cute, horny soldiers about in Silom?

camperboy
March 15th, 2010, 21:06
woah!

maybe soon air tickets to BKK will be cheap!!

Like how after the airport was opened, airasia and thai tourism board came up with some deal and offered real cheap deals!! :hello1: :hello1:

Beachlover
March 16th, 2010, 18:34
Yeah, hopefully!

But this isn't anything like the airport closures so I don't think you'll see promotions on the same scale as that.

Let us know if you see any cheap deals going to BKK from where you are...