PDA

View Full Version : Do the calls to your (lady)boyfriend go like this?

March 6th, 2010, 12:01
Well mine do!
(Now if the little fcuker would stop wrecking the trucks I bought "her".....)
[youtube:lbzq5nnq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH7p1Ftp3QI[/youtube:lbzq5nnq]

March 6th, 2010, 12:12
Just so they don't feel left out.
(I always identified with John Steed.. and I've been forever looking for my Emma Peel.)
[youtube:bvmxcvju]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUQzNIxGLyM[/youtube:bvmxcvju]

March 6th, 2010, 12:33
Ahhh, but's what's going on on the other end of the line?
[youtube:11poqf9d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Dgw_LSJ5w [/youtube:11poqf9d]

cdnmatt
March 6th, 2010, 13:11
You mean when we're not staying in the same city? Nah, mine are generally nowhere near as romantic or loving as that. They generally tend to go something like:

HIM: Where you now?

ME: Nowhere.

HIM: YOU HAVE BOY???

ME: No, I don't have a boy.

HIM: Sure?

ME: Yes, yes... I'm sure I don't have boy. I love you alone. You know that.

HIM: What you doing now?

ME: Having a beer.

HIM: WHAT?!? You drink beer, ha moong chao?

ME: Yes, I drink beer at 5pm.

HIM: Every day, you drink beer 5pm?

ME: Ohhh, for fuck's sake. Call me later when you're not so bitchy. Bye bye.

March 6th, 2010, 13:20
HIM: What you doing now?

ME: Having a beer.

HIM: WHAT?!? You drink beer, ha moong chao?

ME: Yes, I drink beer at 5pm.

HIM: Every day, you drink beer 5pm?

except haa mong chao is 11am

cdnmatt
March 6th, 2010, 13:22
Sorry, you're right... bpai haa moong, whatever...

March 6th, 2010, 13:24
Sorry, you're right... bpai haa moong, whatever...

р╕Ър╣Ир╕▓р╕в = bai

your bf needs to work on your thai language skills

but more likely he would refer to 5pm as haa mong yen

TrongpaiExpat
March 6th, 2010, 14:15
http://www.learningthai.com/time.html

It's a crazy way to tell time.

Dodger
March 6th, 2010, 18:34
hereforme Wrote:

No....First he calls and hangs up so I will call him back and I pay for call, second no need for exhausting small talk, at this point I only say how much!

Had to chuckle at this one...oh so true.

I get these one-ring calls at all times of night which drives me crazy. I'm one of those people who can't sleep again after being woken which really drives me up the wall. Last Saturday I get the one-ring alarm at 3:30 AM Chicago time...almost fall on my ass stumbling to get the phone...call the little maniac back thinking maybe somethings wrong...and get this..."hi, what you doing now." I could have strangled him.

This happened once last year just a few weeks after my mother had passed away and I wasn't quite so patient with him about this:

It was another 3:00 AM deal...a one-ring fire alarm call which startled the hell out of me...I gain my composure and wipe the sleep out of my eyes...although pissed as hell. I had to re-dial his fu*king 57 digit mobile number 8 times - having hit the worng numbers repeatedly in my state of mind...and the minute I hear the phone answer I blurted out..."ARE YOU FUCKING TING TONG -IT'S 3 O-CLOCK IN THE MORNING". After a long pause, I hear Theps mother saying something in Thai. I almost shit...hung up the phone...and just waited for the inevitable one-ring alarm again. This time my phone rang 3 or 4 times...I answered it and heard this furious line from Thep..." you say "fucking" to my mother - you ting tong...my mother say you say fucking to her...why you say fucking you ting tong."? I just hung up the phone and waited. An hour later, another one-ring alarm.

Beachlover
March 7th, 2010, 04:22
I get these one-ring calls at all times of night which drives me crazy. I'm one of those people who can't sleep again after being woken which really drives me up the wall. Last Saturday I get the one-ring alarm at 3:30 AM Chicago time...almost fall on my ass stumbling to get the phone...call the little maniac back thinking maybe somethings wrong...and get this..."hi, what you doing now." I could have strangled him.

This happened once last year just a few weeks after my mother had passed away and I wasn't quite so patient with him about this:

It was another 3:00 AM deal...a one-ring fire alarm call which startled the hell out of me...I gain my composure and wipe the sleep out of my eyes...although pissed as hell. I had to re-dial his fu*king 57 digit mobile number 8 times - having hit the worng numbers repeatedly in my state of mind...and the minute I hear the phone answer I blurted out..."ARE YOU FUCKING TING TONG -IT'S 3 O-CLOCK IN THE MORNING". After a long pause, I hear Theps mother saying something in Thai. I almost shit...hung up the phone...and just waited for the inevitable one-ring alarm again. This time my phone rang 3 or 4 times...I answered it and heard this furious line from Thep..." you say "fucking" to my mother - you ting tong...my mother say you say fucking to her...why you say fucking you ting tong."? I just hung up the phone and waited. An hour later, another one-ring alarm.

Hehehehe.... that is a classic. Really. It's like the man finally blows his top at the kids knocking on his door only to find it's someone real this time!

It's funny many Thais know the word, "fucking". And they always say, "fucking" not "fuck".

TrongpaiExpat
March 7th, 2010, 11:46
It's funny many Thais know the word, "fucking". And they always say, "fucking" not "fuck".

It's the "Thais" that you know or meet, not all. In Thai there's no verb conjugation. To direct the verb the Thai word kamlag + verb + noun...... is used.

cdnmatt
March 7th, 2010, 13:49
It's the "Thais" that you know or meet, not all. In Thai there's no verb conjugation. To direct the verb the Thai word kamlag + verb + noun...... is used.

kamlag? Really? I thought it was gamlang (р╕Бр╕│р╕ер╕▒р╕З)? For example, "mai donnii, pom gamlang tam-ngaan".

Then again, there's a good chance I've been wandering around like an idiot saying it wrong this whole time. Definitely wouldn't be the first time. It's one of the joys of teaching yourself. You screw-up lots.

TrongpaiExpat
March 7th, 2010, 14:30
There's different ways of Romanized writing of Thai and none of them are perfect. Some learning systems don't use them, other use one that approximates the sounds with backwards c and combining the ng to some funny looking n with a curly n.

March 7th, 2010, 15:01
some romanisation systems represent р╕Б as k and р╕Д as kh, others represent р╕Б as g and р╕Д as k. the problem with reading them is that you dont know which romanisation system was used when it was written, so unless u recognise the word you have to guess how it should sound.
however cdnmatt is correct that р╕Бр╕│р╕ер╕▒р╕З has an 'ng' sound at the end, not a 'g' sound.

allieb
March 7th, 2010, 17:15
My calls from Thailand used to go something like this

Him Cap sawatdee cap, can you call back sweetheart?

I call back

Me Hello how are you

Him Well alright , how are you getting on over there? (always over there in case he gets confused who I am)

Me How is Bangkok?

Him Fine (pause ) Allieb (long pause) I miss you come soon.

Me OK will come as soon as I can

A little lite conversation and then end the call.

2 minutes later he calls again

Him Allieb
Me Shall I call back?
Him No. ( long pause ------------) I no have money to pay rent I am shy to ask before.

Well I will not go any further with the contents of my conversation but the bottom line was always money.
sometimes I sent sometimes I didn't. One time my BS called drunk and said "if you dont send money don't come back to Bkk I will hurt you". I simply said goodby and put the phone down. He called back 5 minutes later crying and so so sorry.

Its all one fucking big game sometimes I played' sometimes I wasn't in the mood so I didn't

I have personaly had enough of clingy tricks and only now do one or two nighters and then goodby. No phone numbers are exchanged any more.

Beachlover
March 7th, 2010, 17:24
Oh man... really doesn't sound like you were attracting very nice Thai boys.

allieb
March 7th, 2010, 18:47

What kind do you expect from the Thai world of Prostitution

kittyboy
March 7th, 2010, 20:25

What kind do you expect from the Thai world of Prostitution

When I pick up thai male prostitutes I see myself as the dashing (and gay? Is RG gay? I know I am) Richard Gere meeting up with the beautiful, charming and smart Julia Roberts who is my diamond in the rough and in the end saves me by giving me true love..sigh...cue Roy Orbison music...Pretty Woman Walking Down the Street...

(Obvious sarcasm at work here...just a notice for those readers who are too literal to understand sarcasm, which is a large portion of the SWG members I surmize from a random reading of the posts)