PDA

View Full Version : Car Service?

March 5th, 2010, 17:30
Can anyone suggest a decent car service to run me from Silom in Bangkok to Sodom-by-the-sea?

I've used Mr. Dream Transport in the past but as they've not returned my emails or voice messages for 5 days, I assume that they are no longer in business.

I looked at the Image Limo website and saw that they want 2800 baht for a "3 seater sedan" for that route; at that price, I would expect a damn fine "3 seater" and a spectacular happy ending massage to boot.

Any referrals, along with the phone number, that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance

March 5th, 2010, 17:59
Most metered taxis will be happy to do the trip for 1200 - 1500Baht. Make sure that you include the cost of the expressways.
Next time you get a taxi ask him if he would like to do the trip and negotiate a price. He will then pick you up at the appointed time/place.

Beachlover
March 5th, 2010, 18:13
Just grab a meter taxi. 1,100-1,300 including tolls should be enough.

March 5th, 2010, 18:18
If, during the day, you pop into The Suriwongse Hotel lobby (off Surawong Road) you will find Mr Tan at his little "sightseeing tour" desk near the coffee shop.

He is a very pleasant and reliable guy whom you can speak to in person obviously and he will either take you himself or arrange a reliable driver.

He has a merc which is very comfortable, is a pleasant conversationalist while driving, and I would not imagine you would pay much more than 1500B door-to-door.

Yes you could get a meter taxi for less, sit with your legs round your neck for 3 hours, and stare out the window

Hope this helps

:hello1:

Beachlover
March 5th, 2010, 18:23
Is this the guy with the black e-class?

TrongpaiExpat
March 5th, 2010, 18:28
The bus from Ekamai is 113B. AC and comfortable. Take MRT to Asoke, transfer to BTS and your right there, or take BTS all the way to Ekamai. I don't get this being taken and dropped off thing so many of you seem to need?

March 5th, 2010, 18:32
The bus from Ekamai is 113B. AC and comfortable. Take MRT to Asoke, transfer to BTS and your right there, or take BTS all the way to Ekamai. I don't get this being taken and dropped off thing so many of you seem to need?

Obviously, unlike most SGT posters, you do not travel with copious amounts of baggage - a dozen hat boxes alone can be very difficult to manage on and off a bus , never mind the matched luggage.

Beachlover
March 5th, 2010, 18:37
The direct door to door you get with a driver probably shaves a good hour or more off the transit time, which makes it worthwhile. Time spent getting to the bus, waiting for the bus to leave, then getting from the bus to your accommodation at the other end is probably more than an hour.

The only benefit of the bus is it's probably safer...

March 5th, 2010, 18:48
I'm with Trongpai on this. I don't get it either. So you arrive 2 pm at your Pattaya Hotel in your 2,000 baht sedan instead of 3 pm on the back of a 20 baht songtaew, downloaded from the 113 baht bus at the North Pattaya Terminus. What could one have possibly accomplished in that precious one hour between 2 and 3 that one couldn't do in the many days ahead in Pattaya?

Beachlover
March 5th, 2010, 18:57
I think it's a personal preference.

But facts and figures are:

Taxi = 1,300 + 2 hrs (I forget the exact time)

Bus = 150 baht (inc train/taxi to terminal and Songthaew) + 3-3.5 hrs

Difference is you pay an extra 1,150 baht (about $30?) and save 1 to 1.5 hrs... I think it's worth it. Especially as road transit time is "dead time"... you can't do much else than listen to your iPod or snooze.

TrongpaiExpat
March 5th, 2010, 19:19
You could get lucky and sit next to a cute Thai boy on the bus. Then again odds are your setting next to some fat assed smelly farang. The tickets are given out in seat order, so I always take a look at who's in front of me and behind if it's some offensive farang, I step back and allow a few others to get in line.

I have been taking the late night buses back and find it's quicker, cooler, less crowded and more comfortable.

March 5th, 2010, 20:30
Economists call it "Liquidity Preference"

I have done the train, bus, song-taew journey in the past. No thanks.

I can afford to hire a car so that's the way I choose to travel.
Door to Door and at the time of my choosing. No waiting, no carrying bags up and down stairs, no other passengers pushing.

I like the convenience and I am happy to pay for it.

TrongpaiExpat
March 5th, 2010, 20:36
Economists call it "Liquidity Preference"

Door to Door and at the time of my choosing. No waiting, no carrying bags up and down stairs, no other passengers pushing.

I would call it unadventurous, set in your ways, time to move into a home and unwilling to experience all the opportunities that travel offers but to each his own. I guess some of you are not coming to Thailand to experience travel, gee I wonder what's the draw?

March 6th, 2010, 00:22
..I guess some of you are not coming to Thailand to experience travel, gee I wonder what's the draw?

The availability of male prostitutes.

Of course you would probably choose to hire a 200B one-eyed paraplegic black dwarf for sex just so you could claim to be more "adventurous"

:occasion9:

Beachlover
March 6th, 2010, 05:05

I would call it unadventurous, set in your ways, time to move into a home and unwilling to experience all the opportunities that travel offers but to each his own. I guess some of you are not coming to Thailand to experience travel, gee I wonder what's the draw?

But why? He's already tried the other methods.

I think it's just personal preference. I'm not bothered by carrying my stuff onto the skytrain etc... Just don't like the added time it takes when a relatively cheap alternative offers a quicker route. I'd rather spend the extra hour at the beach... making money... or even just relaxing in front of the TV.

In Sydney it's different. I can actually get from the airport to my office quicker on the $10 train than I can in a $40 cab.

fedssocr
March 6th, 2010, 05:52
I used The Limo Pattaya last year. Bt1200 each way all tolls, etc included. The trip down from the airport was in a nice Toyota wagon/suv thing. Trip back to Silom area was in a fairly new, clean Honda Civic. No problems with their service for me.

March 6th, 2010, 06:17
Of course you would probably choose to hire a 200B one-eyed paraplegic black dwarf for sex just so you could claim to be more "adventurous"

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad225/jokeyjock/Publication3.jpg

http://www.krankies.com/

March 6th, 2010, 09:27
..I guess some of you are not coming to Thailand to experience travel, gee I wonder what's the draw?

The availability of male prostitutes.

:occasion9:

Ahhh..... you spotted me then.