PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Chiang Mia April..

thenorthguy
March 5th, 2010, 12:49
Will be heading to Chiang Mia in April, Is the Mecure Hotel central to the night life....if so what are the best go go bars to go to...

llz
March 5th, 2010, 18:23
If you want to go to the bars in the northern part of town (where most are located), this hotel is quite convenient although you will need a good map to find the locations (or hire a tuk tuk). The surroundings are not touristy at all so you will love it - or hate it ... - I liked it very much.
(further information on my blog, I went there in 2007 & 2009)

March 6th, 2010, 18:04
Do your homework everything you need to know you will find in post archives! :8(

Quite frankly, I find the archives quite annoying from access point of view. I don't really blame anyone asking the questions directly instead of sifting through pages of what is often rubbish.
Purely my own subjective opinion and no offense intended.

thenorthguy
March 7th, 2010, 05:19
Thank you for your message homeforme....yes I understand and I know how to check achives, however i find these sometimes dated and was looking for up to date information......

Smiles
March 7th, 2010, 10:03
Do your homework everything you need to know you will find in post archives! :8(
If 'Hereforme' had his leaden way no one would bother posting anything on this Board at all: just look it up in the Archives and shut up. That would of course make Sawatdee as deadly dull as Hereforme.

Not sure why Hereforme stays reading and/or posting on this Board. He seems to despise 'messages' of any kind ... even though this place is apparently, a 'message' board.

thenorthguy
March 7th, 2010, 13:23
Thanks Smiles I would agree 100% after what is the purpose of this notice board......I was going to take a shot at him but he would no doubt have something to say about that as well. All i was asking was what I beleive to be a geniune question......maybe i will receive some meaningful information.....one can only hope....Cheers

pudel
March 7th, 2010, 15:24
I am a littlebit surprised :evil4: so many posts and not any tipps for 'thenorthguy' (hoped to get also for us some interesting news :laughing3: )

llz
March 7th, 2010, 16:37
I am a littlebit surprised :evil4: so many posts and not any tipps for 'thenorthguy' (hoped to get also for us some interesting news :laughing3: )
So if my answer above did not provide any tip, you will find more here.

Reservation
If you are already sure about your schedule, you will get great prices reserving well in advance. There is now a special Promotion (until next Tuesday so be quick ..) and you could stay there for three nights in April for only 770 THB a night (Standard room without breakfeast), which is a steal.
Their website is http://www.mercure.com/gb/home/index.shtml

As I said above, not great if you are the average tourist because this part of town is mostly thai for thais. However they have a free shuttle at night bringing you to Night Bazaar and to the infamous sleazy bars which are located there (no problem to come back with a tuk-tuk). All day long, there are song-thaews on the Chang Phuak Road going to everywhere in town for a mere 20 THB. And the Chang Phuak bus station (busses to everywhere in the province + free eye-candy like in every bus station in Thailand) is almost across the street тАУ there are even automatic traffic lights for crossing the busy Chothana Street near the hotel.
You will also be within walking distance of Inthanin Market, many streetside restaurants, laundries, huge internet places brimmed with nice young things, and everything you want. There is a Tops Supermaket next door to the hotel.

Facilities
Nice swimming pool with not too many people ; restaurant and internet on the first floor (although a little bit expansive) ; very welcoming staff. Rooms are huge and clean ; safes downstairs for standard rooms.
No problem at all for bringing guests in your room and no ID check which could be convenient if you friend is a burmese boy (and still more should he be an underage burmese boy ... but I would not try it)

Gay bars
Free Guy is two hundred meters from there and another three hundred meters further, you will be in Adams Apple. Going south, you could reach Circle Pub and a karaoke with boys also in less than five minutes.
Going west to New My Way, and Santitham Plaza at night is a little bit more tricky except if you are smart enough to know how to read a map and go to have a look round the place during daytime.
Some massage places not too far away as well - I loved the Marn Mai Chaai Khaa on Soi 2.
And there are always a lot of tuk tuks around for going further.
In Chiang Mai it seems everyone and his daughter has a motorbike so walking along the streets at night is not easy at all as they have forgotten to build pavements for pedestrians.
For a good map and updated information, go to http://www.radchada.com/GayChiangmai.html

And you can still look into my blog for more тАж

pudel
March 7th, 2010, 18:57
Thanks for your itinaries (its ideal) :hello1: the hint for your blog I put immediately to my favourits! The hotel we booked about 4 months ago (Aruntara is beside the new ClubOneSeven which didnt exists by our booking-time) we
like to stay at the river banks :thumbleft: - for the 2nd night we booked a ChiangMai Nighttour which goes around
with us to some nightclubs :laughing3: