PDA

View Full Version : Queen Elizabeth II is 80 on 23rd April

wowpow
April 17th, 2006, 21:18
BBC lots of programmes on the Radio (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/queen_at_80.shtml)

April 22nd, 2006, 08:03
Monarchists on the Board will all rejoice that I've been able to convey personally to Her what an inspiration she is for all us old queens

April 23rd, 2006, 01:48
21st April is Her Majesties Birthday and her official Birthday is on Sat 10th June.

April 23rd, 2006, 16:47
21st April is Her Majesties Birthday and her official Birthday is on Sat 10th June.

My gawd! I didn't know she's Thai!

April 26th, 2006, 15:33
Elizabeth I mean..not you Edith. :cheers:

April 29th, 2006, 14:57
still 'rides out' every day.

And I am also quite partial to something hot and throbbing in between my legs every day, but not around 14/16 hands high. That's far tttttoooooo big for me.

Pearl wrote:

Elizabeth I mean

No. She's Elizabeth II and shes not mean.

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

April 29th, 2006, 18:26
She's Elizabeth II

...a rather Anglocentric view point. Most Scots think differently, especially since the English Elizabeth had her cousin's head hacked off. The concept of meaness is, of course, alien to we Scots, who prefer to think of people and ourselves as "careful".

April 30th, 2006, 10:00
Trust me Rogered anything bellow 16 h'nds and "the queen" will be Badger hunting before she knows it, with a mouth full of London clay and a potato wedged up the royal protocol.
Though the Greco-Teutonic peasant will hardly notice, given the bucolic strain it will involve. It will also surely serve to bring her closer into the awkward embrace of son No1 who has been ignored since birth. They have taken to the fields ploughing in an effort to find solace from what ancestral roots are left.

(long live the Greeks)

April 30th, 2006, 18:51
the Greco-Teutonic peasant will hardly notice, given the bucolic strain it will involve. It will also surely serve to bring her closer into the awkward embrace of son No1 who has been ignored since birth and taken to ploughing the fields in an effort to find solace from his ancestral roots.

Son No1 would have been born months earlier if she hadn't waited so long to stop following the advice her mother gave her on her wedding day:
"If that Greek ever asks you to roll over, don't do it!"

May 2nd, 2006, 01:17
Cedric wrote:
Trust me Rogered anything bellow 16 h'nds and "the queen" will be Badger hunting before she knows it, with a mouth full of London clay and a potato wedged up the royal protocol.

However:
The height of a horse is measured in a vertical line from the ground to the withers (at the base of the neck). Horses are measured in "hands" where one hand = 4 inches. If a horse is more than an exact number of hands high (hh), the extra inches are given after a decimal point, e.g. 14 hands 2 inches is written as 14.2 hh. Normal riding horses are between 14.3 hh and 17 hh, inclusive. Horses shorter than 14.3 hands are called ponies and horses over 17 hh are often called draft, or work, horses.

May 2nd, 2006, 06:45
"Horses are measured in hands.....etc" Not on the continent nor at an international level they are not. Horse height is fully metric. One giant leap from hands to cm and meters.

Generally speaking for an adult anything under 1.62m is considered small unless the adult is particularly small then 1.52m might do if they are also light and or if the horse is a weight carrier. The average size for adults is any-thing from 1.62-1.72m for junior riders usually around 1.52-1.62 for kids anything under 1.42 m.