PDA

View Full Version : ganymede jomtiem

March 2nd, 2010, 05:28
Has any one stayed at this hotel in jomtiem or know of any one who has and if so what did they think of it

mahjongguy
March 2nd, 2010, 07:16
Has any one stayed at this hotel in jomtiem or know of any one who has and if so what did they think of it
The guesthouse at Ganymede is so new it will be difficult to get a report on it. The bar itself is well-managed so perhaps the rooms are as well, but keep in mind that it is a bar area and will be noisy until everything shuts down at midnight.

gumblebee
March 3rd, 2010, 02:22
I've stayed at Ganymede some time ago. There were still a few technical hiccups then (I had a choice between either cold water or boiling hot, couldn't get a temperature in between - they also had some problems with the discharges getting clogged). I suppose they've ironed out those hiccups in the meantime. Other than that the room was nice and new, had a proper safety box and they've installed Wi-Fi meanwhile ; storage arrangements in my room were a bit impractical - an open dressing with just one shelve and mostly hangers.

Street noise was fairly tolerable, that corner of Jomtien Complex has mostly restaurants, not so many bars ; the bar at Ganymede was not very noisy. The main issue should be solved now - back then they started making a lot of building noise from about 10h30 AM. I believe construction is finished now.

I was told they plan to add a many more rooms to the guesthouse and even want to add a sauna, I'm not sure what the impact of that will be. Of course the Bar/Sauna opposite Monty's closed after just 2 weeks or so, those plans might be wildly optimistic.

I hope they are succesfull, it would be nice to have some more reasonably priced options in Jomtien (the Venue and Poseidon are OK but fairly expensive at well over 1000 bath per night - I believe Ganymede is 450bath for now - has anybody stayed at Haus Mewie ?)

atri1666
March 3rd, 2010, 08:31
- has anybody stayed at Haus Mewie ?)

Yes i have and i would do again. Have had a 2-room appartment with 68m┬▓ for 880 baht/night
>>>
http://mewie.pattaya.de/ueberuns/seite1 ... index.html (http://mewie.pattaya.de/ueberuns/seite1/00000099eb0f91d04/index.html)

First row of pictures. Every room has his own computer and internet is incl. 24h /day. Friendly owners. Cheap minibar. Cleaning every two days incl. new towels. Sleeping room was on the backside. No problems with noisy music at all. Only extra is electric 9 baht/unit ( was around 150 baht for me for 3 weeks)

Thai Dyed
March 3rd, 2010, 21:05
Were one to give all things their due, a bar and guest-house named "Ganymede" would be better situated in Sunee Plaza.

[attachment=1:1w2qe93n]Zeus carrying Ganymede.jpg[/attachment:1w2qe93n]

And wouldn't it be more consistent to call the one in Jomtien "Charon"?

[attachment=0:1w2qe93n]charon.jpg[/attachment:1w2qe93n]