PDA

View Full Version : Not a cookie-cut condo...

donald1
February 26th, 2010, 12:22
Hi guys, I am interested in hearing about some ideas for condo rental in the Jomtiem area. I have stayed at the View Talay 1 & 2 and Chateau Dale so I am familiar with them but looking for something different. I don't do the bar scene so that is why I prefer the Jomtiem area. This 3 month trip will be a precusror to my retirement 6 month stays in a couple years.
So if anyone has any suggestions about some smaller, quaint studios or onebedders please give me your 2 cents.
As always, appreciate your help.

tomas1
February 27th, 2010, 11:38
Sorry for not answering your question, but what is your rating of the three places you have stayed?

donald1
February 28th, 2010, 12:34
My first stay was at VT 1 for 1 week. It was just ok but the high floor and short walk from the main road & the small balcony made it just ok. Same goes for VT2 the following year but the pool (IMHO) is better in 2. I am not that picky but the people and atmosphere seemed unfriendly in the common areas and pool area.
the 3'rd time was at Chateau Dale and actually enjoyed the stay. the one bedder was actually a very large studio with a hiuge balcony and on the second floor @ the same price as VT studio. CD is a lowrise so you get to enjoy the flora & fauna no matter where you stay. The pool is nice but usually empty of people, which may be a good thing for some and a bother for others.

I know there are other complexes around and that is the info I am looking for.
Thanks