PDA

View Full Version : Sansuk Guesthouse at Jomtien

boy
February 20th, 2010, 05:50
Hi,
From a friend I got the recommandation of above guesthouse near Jomtien.
Does anybody already stayed there and could tell me his impression and the pros and contras of this accommodation which is located a bit outside of Jomtien beach (direction to Pattaya).

Would be pleased to get your advice - thanks !

February 20th, 2010, 06:00
Well why dont you look on their website and read it and then you can believe 5% of what they say.

But anyhow let me go into detail for you,let me help you out.
If you love to be raped this is the place for you.

Obviously being the raving homosexual you are,your obviously there to bend over forwards to help other blokes out and this may be the place for you.
I actually did go there and I was pratically raped,they charged if i recall,2000 baht a night plus more for drinks,more for tips,more if you stain the top of the bedsheet etc etc etc.more money to for this and Sir we charge for this and this and this.
I was pratically raped of cash.

if you have a face that looks more like a butt you should have no problem there,
you being homosexual and probaly having a face like a bastard and not being able to pick up ladies ,you can easily find blokes here willing to bend over forwards to help you out.
i DID have to finally tell the owner as i was leaving mind you, Some youngish looking sneaky Thai,
"Mate ...mate..,"Next time can you at least kiss me before you rape me"!

witchhunt
February 20th, 2010, 06:17
were you raped before or after your getting drunk in walking street, where you threw cans and abuse at poofs walking past with the owner.

what was the name of that bar Billy?

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2010, 06:56
Obviously being the raving homosexual you are,your obviously there to bend over forwards to help other blokes out and this may be the place for you.

Wow, what a friendly individual you must be. I bet you were one of the popular kids in school. Sure seems like it.

As for the OP's question, never stayed there, but there's loads of info on that place buried within the board. Just use the search function, and you'll come up with lots.

February 20th, 2010, 07:59
Re: Sansuk Guesthouse at Jomtien

Author: psychaitrist - Fri 19th Feb 7pm

Hi Sawatdee - How can you post such maniacal drivel, have you no shame?

psycharist is obviously a sereriously mentally deranged, most probably alcoholic, sick puppy and I guess anyone with half a mind will come to the same conclusion

Rick

RichLB
February 20th, 2010, 09:17
As your question seemed sincere, it deserves a real answer. I have not stayed at the guest house, but friends of mine have. They found it a great place and all have said they would return. It is relatively new and reportedly clean, staffed by caring employees, and gives free access to the sauna. The sauna is really nice - three floors, a nice restaurant, a well stocked bar, swimming pool, jacuzzi, several saunas, and, of course, areas for which most people go to bathhouses.

The only caveats I can offer are the location. It is a bit off the beaten path and requires about a 5 or 10 minute walk to get to the road which would take you into Pattaya or Jomtien by baht bus. Cnnected to that, is the condition of Thappyra Road (the connecting route between Jomtien and Pattaya). From Sansuk it's ok now going to Pattaya, but if you want to go to Jomtien and the beach, that road is still under constrction and, in short, a mess - it's passable, but dirty, bumpy, and dangerous. The good news, though, it there are promises construction will be completed sometime in April.

Bottom line, Sansuk Guesthouse is a fine place if you don't mind the location.

vanek333
February 21st, 2010, 03:35
Have stayed here on two visits to Pattaya, and can say its clean, the staff are friendly and the rooms very comfortable, the food in the restuarant great and the guys visiting the sauna handsome, all in all had a fantastic time, and looking forward to my next stay, in March, see you all then Ill be the Farang with the extra large equiptment, and very generous personality. :occasion9:

boy
February 21st, 2010, 05:49
Hi,

Thank you all for your valuable input and friendly information about Sansuk GH !

I have to say that all your comments (except that one from the psychiatrist ....) are very helpful and I have decided to spend my next vacation in this guesthouse when travelling to Pattaya respt. to Jomtien.

Again - my heartily thanks to everybody who gave my a reply on this threat !

(Sorry - my english is not as good - my mothertongue is Swiss-German)

February 21st, 2010, 05:54
I've stayed there a few times as well and after my last time, I decided I prefer to stay in Jomtien because I'm right at the beach.

The rooms at Sansuk are comfortable, the only thing that I found uncomfortable were the rock hard mattresses on their beds.
The food is good and reasonably priced, drinks are a deal and nothing beat lounging poolside in the late morning after breakfast.

Punya, the owner, is a very hospitable and caring host. Whenever I'm there, I notice he there every afternoon and into the evening to ensure all his guests are taken care of.

Sansuk has been reviewed a few times over the past few months. Check out the forums search function and see what it drags up.

mahjongguy
February 21st, 2010, 07:13
...the only thing that I found uncomfortable were the rock hard mattresses on their beds.

I think that it's a great place to stay; all the good things that have been mentioned are true. But the beds are a shock. The mattresses look just like actual mattresses but they are not. They are cloth-covered rectangles of some material that manages to be harder than the tile floors.

Punya has been hearing about this since Day One so maybe, just maybe, he has equipped a room or two with acceptable bedding. One can hope.

February 21st, 2010, 08:27
Spoke to the genial owner, Punya, rgarding the hard mattresses, he says sofer mattresses are availble on request but very few ask for them
He will put a notice on reception telling guests about the option
He thanks you guys for mostly posisive postings, he does take his businesses very seriously
rick

Beachlover
February 21st, 2010, 10:00
I noticed some of the hotels I stay at have mattresses, which are very firm but feel incredibly soft to sleep on... heaven.... it feels like they put something between the mattress and the bed sheet... I think it's called a comforter or mattress protector or something.

The Sansuk owner might want to try this. If it works he can have "soft" comfortable mattresses without the cost of replacing all the mattresses.

pudel
February 21st, 2010, 19:36
Hey boy, we (3 Swiss-germans) are also interested in Pattaya, special in Jomtien-Gaybeach, there are 2 very
gayfriendly GH directly on the beach: Tui's Place and Roomclub-Hotel :bounce: but after all we decided for the
Avalon Beach Resort :hello2: There exists also gay-reiseforum in german, if interested, I can give you the website <ciao!

Marsilius
February 21st, 2010, 20:24
Hi pudel - welcome to the forum.

Is the Avalon a gay-friendly place? What is their attitude to guests bringing back a friend? Do they charge a joiner's fee in those circumstances?

TravellerDave
February 21st, 2010, 21:01
One solution to the disadvantageous location would be to hire a motorbike for the period of your stay. These are available everywhere for about 1000 baht per month and the automatic ones are easy to ride. I have done this during my last 4 trips and have yet to have a problem. It is not as risky as many would have you believe.
From Sansuk to Jomtien is a very quick trip on a bike although I do agree with an earlier post about the road being rough and dusty due to the never ending construction. I wore my swimming goggles on the dusty sections. Whilst Sansuk to Boystown or Sunee is no distance at all this would not be advisable at night when you have a drink.
I have never stayed there but have visited it a few times on my way back to Pattaya from Jomtien in the early evening, which is the best time for action. Very pleasant small pool and gym and found the food to be good

TrongpaiExpat
February 21st, 2010, 22:12
Spoke to the genial owner, Punya, rgarding the hard mattresses, he says sofer mattresses are availble on request but very few ask for them
He thanks you guys for mostly posisive postings, he does take his businesses very seriously
rick

Who would think to ask for a different mattress? Even more hard to believe that one would materialize with such a request.

pudel
February 21st, 2010, 22:22
Hi Marsilius, thanks for the welcoming! We will stay in November 2010 at the Avalon, because it was recommended to us from Gays which have
stayed there. They are just opposite the Gaybeach so they must be 'gayfriendly' I suppose they have quiet a few gay guests :hello2:
they advertise only room-rates for 2 persons so you are certainly free to take someone into your room :bounce: ! While surfing I found out
that the Roomclub-Hotel is for sale, maybe this is for interest for some <pudel

February 21st, 2010, 22:39
I have stayed here often. The mattresses are not all that hard. Apparently most people who stay here like these mattresses! I greatly prefer them for "night activities", or at Sansuk, also "afternoon activities". This whole issue of the 'hard mattress' has been around for four or five years, gone over and over and over. The owner has heard all of this over and over but not from most people who stay there.

tomas1
February 22nd, 2010, 03:38
I stayed there a year ago, and would be happyto do so again, except for the location. I like to be able to walk to some of the things I do, but from Sansuk you ALWAYS need transportation. The owner is well aware of this, and even took me on his motorbike to the place I was going.The place is well kept,good to have the sauna connected. I also remember the matresses. Terrible!

Anyone any experience with Avalon on the beach and their policy re guests in the room?

Beachlover
February 22nd, 2010, 04:09
Hey boy, we (3 Swiss-germans) are also interested in Pattaya, special in Jomtien-Gaybeach, there are 2 very
gayfriendly GH directly on the beach: Tui's Place and Roomclub-Hotel :bounce: but after all we decided for the
Avalon Beach Resort :hello2: There exists also gay-reiseforum in german, if interested, I can give you the website <ciao!

Tui's Place is great... The location is right in front of the gay section of the beach... decent restaurant/cafe downstairs... 1 min walk from nearby eateries... 2-3 mins' walk from the road where you can get a Songthaew anywhere.

If you get the big suite on the top floor you get this huge room overlooking the beach (though there's trees in the way) with a big balcony... big bed... nice big work desk... everything. I think it was only 1,600 a night or something.

Beachlover
February 22nd, 2010, 04:11
rick

Who would think to ask for a different mattress? Even more hard to believe that one would materialize with such a request.

That's true... you wouldn't think you had to ask for a decent mattress.

I guess it's debatable... but if so many people say the mattress is hard... then there's probably more who think so but don't say anything.

mahjongguy
February 22nd, 2010, 06:24
Anyone any experience with Avalon on the beach and their policy re guests in the room?

Before I moved to Jomtien I often came down from Bangkok and nearly always stayed at the Avalon. I like to swim and their pool is great. I was always with my b/f, but on several occasions my American tourist friend came along. He frequently brought guys back with him and had no problems at all. We would all enjoy the free breakfast buffet before his "friend" headed back to Pattaya.

For a single man coming to Pattaya for a week, the Avalon is an excellent choice. You can sleep well, linger over breakfast by the pool, take a walk along Dong Tarn and Jomtien Beach, take a swim, then go across the sidewalk to the gay chairs on the beach. At 5 o'clock take a songteow to Sansuk, then back on the songteow to South Pattaya for the nightlife, or skip South Pattaya and just walk around and see what you can find in Jomtien Complex. Overall, it would be a cheerier and more healthful vacation than spending night & day dodging motorbikes in Sunee/Boyztown.

RichLB
February 22nd, 2010, 09:33
I believe Tui's Place also offers free access to the swimming pools located next door (right out the back door of Tui's) at Jomtien Condotel - at least they used to. And regarding the mattresses at Sansuk, for those of you who are not familiar with the sleeping habits of Thais, they much prefer hard mattresses - often opting for the floor in deference to the softer mattresses we Weterners like.

February 22nd, 2010, 16:55
... regarding the mattresses at Sansuk, for those of you who are not familiar with the sleeping habits of Thais, they much prefer hard mattresses - often opting for the floor in deference to the softer mattresses we Weterners like.

What the hell relevance has the mattress preferences of Thais to the running of a Hotel/Guesthouse which relies almost entirely on Western tourists for its income?

Your logic would have Punya serving up fried bugs for breakfast.

Get a grip on yourself.

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

RichLB
February 22nd, 2010, 17:09
What the hell relevance has the mattress preferences of Thais to the running of a Hotel/Guesthouse which relies almost entirely on Western tourists for its income?

Get a grip on yourself.

Your level of ethnocentricism (look up the word since I imagine you aren't familiar with it) is astounding. And, surpisingly some foreign toursist have actually invited some Thai guests to spend the night with them. I can't imagine with your attitude you've had that experience and that most probably explains your inability to appreciate that input.

February 22nd, 2010, 17:45

Get a grip on yourself.

Your level of ethnocentricism (look up the word since I imagine you aren't familiar with it) is astounding. And, surpisingly some foreign toursist have actually invited some Thai guests to spend the night with them. I can't imagine with your attitude you've had that experience and that most probably explains your inability to appreciate that input.

As you apparently enjoy looking things up I would suggest you try both a dictionary and an English grammar book - then perhaps you can string a coherent sentence together which is not littered with spelling and grammatical errors.

Punya is running a business.
In my opinion he does it pretty well at Sansuk.
That business predominantly relies on Westerners finding his "offer" comfortable.
It may rely to a tiny extent on prostitutes* agreeing with his mattress selection (as you suggest), but I doubt it significantly effects his turnover as people who sit on a cock for money (god bless them!) are normally not that pernickety over a mattress.

:hello1: :hello1:

*aka "boyfriends" by some of the gentler souls on SGT

pudel
February 22nd, 2010, 17:52
Tui's offered me the swimming-pool access for 100 Baht/daily :nud: but we decided us for the Avalon and so I didnt ask if its per person or per
room :cheers:

RichLB
February 22nd, 2010, 20:43
[quote="scottish-guy":ama76lr2] :
As you apparently enjoy looking things up I would suggest you try both a dictionary and an English grammar book - then perhaps you can string a coherent sentence together which is not littered with spelling and grammatical errors.

It may rely to a tiny extent on prostitutes* agreeing with his mattress selection (as you suggest), but I doubt it significantly effects his turnover as people who sit on a cock for money (god bless them!) are normally not that pernickety over a mattress.

[/quote:ama76lr2]
It seems we could both profit from referring to a dictionary. I think the word you are looking for is "persnickety" and not "pernickety".

February 22nd, 2010, 21:51

It seems we could both profit from referring to a dictionary. I think the word you are looking for is "persnickety" and not "pernickety".

How about .........No...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pernickety

So, in future, before you get your "nicketys" in a twist dear, make sure you're right!

That's all!

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

RichLB
February 22nd, 2010, 22:04
You win. For those who care, there is in fact such a word - although not used by American English speakers. I'll quit this discussion with my tail between my legs. I've learned - once again - the kinds of responses Sawatdee has become known for thanks to this poster.

February 22nd, 2010, 22:14
You win. For those who care, there is in fact such a word - although not used by American English speakers. I'll quit this discussion with my tail between my legs. I've learned - once again - the kinds of responses Sawatdee has become known for thanks to this poster.

In other words, when proved wrong, go off in a sulk.

Nothing new.

RichLB
February 22nd, 2010, 23:29
Not really. I do chastise myself for rising to the bait, but that's my problem, not yours. I actually come to the message boards in an attempt to be helpful and it doesn't strike me as fun to engage with those who prefer to belittle nore than engage in any constructive dialogue. I'm sure you are aware of the reputation of this board and the reason so many previous posters have jumped ship, but I was hoping a more civil climate had been established. It may be true that one bad apple doesn't spoil the barrel, but participating where adolescent jibes and just plain nasty folks attempt to elevate their egos through nitpicking, and uncalled for belittling of others discourages me from wanting to join in. Luckily, there are other boards where helpful inputs are not subject to the kind of responses you seem to specialize in so I'll be happier sharing my thoughts there. From your reactions, I assume you will welcome that as much as I will be relieved from reading your level of discourse. To each his own.

TrongpaiExpat
February 23rd, 2010, 00:35
Poor ol' Charley Brown and why is everybody always pickin on me?

[youtube:6f5dgv4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34QROzqsW6o[/youtube:6f5dgv4o]

And finally I'll let Ray bring this to a conclusion with.......

[youtube:6f5dgv4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I[/youtube:6f5dgv4o]

February 23rd, 2010, 02:25
Blah...Blah...Blah...Snarl...Farl...Barl....Sharl. ..Blah...Blah...Blah

Quite right, go find a board where nobody disagrees with anything you say - and you can safely pose as some sort of intellectual giant - that's what you want after all isn't it?

:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

February 23rd, 2010, 02:32
it doesn't strike me as fun to engage with those who prefer to belittle nore than engage in any constructive dialogue.
Relax! You got a free massage and even free orthography consulting: Scottish-guy has a golden heart! Most of us like it when he runs his fingers through our hair. After years of constructive dialogue we know everything about gay Thailand and consequently discontinued the unconstructive dialogue.

but I was hoping a more civil climate had been established
Unfortunately, hope always dies last.

one bad apple
We all descended from the bad apples Adam and Eve. Old men are in a filthy mood most of the time, and they have a filthy temper. Enjoy! Not forgetting the dirty mind. A present for you from my collection of fashionistas well advanced in years: http://video.gulfnews.com/services/player/bcpid4267205001?bctid=66672644001

Luckily, there are other boards where helpful inputs are not subject to the kind of responses you seem to specialize in so I'll be happier sharing my thoughts there.
They are even more boring than this one - no offence intended. Don't run away.

nore
S'Keep'ss'in'ss'mind'ss'that'ss'this'ss'is's
s'a'ss'forum'ss'for'ss'retired'ss'English's
s'teachers'ss'if'ss'you'ss'take'ss'delight's
s'in'ss'your'ss'spelling'ss'mistakes's.

February 23rd, 2010, 02:38
Thats right STOP, you stick it to him!

PS the desk boy in the grey waistcoat looks cute, I wonder how much to take him off?

February 23rd, 2010, 08:04
you could always lift ya kilt up and show him your long pockets ,its a wonder a Scotsman would dig deep enough to spend the money!
Wee Hughie was so much troubled with his tooth that he decided to have it extracted. " How much will it cost? " he asked. " ┬г50, " replied the dentist. " Isn't that a lot for only a few minutes work? " asked Wee Hughie. " Well, I can pull it slowly if you like" said the dentist. " Look," said Wee Hughie, " here's ┬г5. Just loosen it a little."

February 23rd, 2010, 16:46
you could always lift ya kilt up and show him your long pockets ,its a wonder a Scotsman would dig deep enough to spend the money!
Wee Hughie was so much troubled with his tooth that he decided to have it extracted. " How much will it cost? " he asked. " ┬г50, " replied the dentist. " Isn't that a lot for only a few minutes work? " asked Wee Hughie. " Well, I can pull it slowly if you like" said the dentist. " Look," said Wee Hughie, " here's ┬г5. Just loosen it a little."

Great stuff and good to know that your ridiculous contributions to this board which are normally only homophobic are now racist as well.

Splendid.

I trust the moderators will have the good sense to boot you off the board before much longer - hopefully you can use your additional free time to see a Doctor.