PDA

View Full Version : impressions by first time visitors

Patexpat
February 15th, 2010, 09:46
some young back packer friends of mine came to visit last week, first time in Pattaya but not Thailand. It was interesting to see their reaction to the place I now call home, as they are in the 25-27 age group, fit and good looking and so do not fall in to the category that many of the tourists here fit in to.

Because of this I anticipated their trip with some trepidation, but a little to my surprise they loved the place. They stayed at The Venue, spent most of the time on the beach and spent their evenings checking out restaurants with me and a drink or two afterwards.

I asked what they thought of the place, but as they extended their stay I assumed they enjoyed it, which in fact they did. Their major comments were:

1. Why don't the older guys on the beach realise a G-string really isn't a good idea? Get a tan yes but PLEASE have some dress sense!
2. Why was Boystown so quiet (they were expected Boystown to be the hub of gay nightlife)
3. Sunnee? Never again thanks
4. NAB club - great!
5. Walking street - very very scary!

Hardly scientific but feedback I thought worth sharing as it comes from a slightly different demographic ...

February 15th, 2010, 10:04
Were they gay boys (or girls?) or straight ones?

Patexpat
February 15th, 2010, 10:23
gay - boys - VERY !!

Sorry I just assumed ....

Patexpat
February 15th, 2010, 13:39
Walking St was way too much 'in your face' apparently! May be it was the girls rather than had it been boys that brought on this reaction! :hello2:

Beachlover
February 15th, 2010, 17:10
These are the tourists Lonely is desperate to attract to Pattaya.

February 15th, 2010, 19:08
The thumbs down on Sunee and Boyztown doesn't make any sense unless they connected in Jomtien.

I suggest your backpacker friends return to those oh-so-gay venues they have in the West, those ones where you can enter a go go bar and see a 20 year old lad flaunting his pecker. Why in the world do you even bother posting your shit if its only to go negative?

I challenge anyone to recommend another place on the face of the planet that offers more gay joy then Sunee or Boyztown (Bangkok excepted).

The backpackers should continue on their way to whichever they feel will meet their needs, but leave Pattaya to us.

Thai Dyed
February 15th, 2010, 19:14
Their major comments were:

1. Why don't the older guys on the beach realise a G-string really isn't a good idea? Get a tan yes but PLEASE have some dress sense!
2. Why was Boystown so quiet (they were expected Boystown to be the hub of gay nightlife)
3. Sunnee? Never again thanks
4. NAB club - great!
5. Walking street - very very scary!

1. Why do 25 - 27 year old farang poofs feel that they are the international arbiters of "good taste" in dress?

2. Boyz Town is so quiet because most farang have fled their own countries exactly to escape from that kind of shit.

3. "Never again" to Sunee because no one there is interested in pretentious farang fags who are already over the hill at 25.

4. NAB is great because it reminded them what they fancy "normal gays" and disco dandies should be interested in.

5. Walking street is scary for those who shouldn't be allowed to cross the street by themselves to begin with.

Let them go back to their gay farang ghetto from whence they came and leave those of us in peace who are quite happy with our situation exactly as it is. Thank you.

Patexpat
February 15th, 2010, 19:33
my my touchy old things aren't we!

Obviously hit a nerve but that wasn't the intention - and also obviously you fail to appreciate that different people have different tastes. I've no intention of defending their views, but whilst in the past I have had no truck with the 'Pattaya is full of bitter old queens' comments I can now see how people might think that!

Thai Dyed
February 15th, 2010, 22:42
also obviously you fail to appreciate that different people have different tastes.

On the contrary, your friends are the ones who fail miserably "to appreciate that different people have different tastes."

Their bitchfest began by taking aim at older people who like to wear a G-string on the beach. CAN'T YOUR FUCKING FRIENDS "APPRECIATE THAT DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES"?

I would hardly call their "observations" from "a slightly different demographic..." More like the same old shit.

[attachment=0:1675xsd5]'s friend.jpg[/attachment:1675xsd5]

February 15th, 2010, 22:54
whilst in the past I have had no truck with the 'Pattaya is full of bitter old queens' comments I can now see how people might think that!

Ditto. How very parochial.

I can only imagine the specimens they refer to in G-strings as I don't go to Dongtan, but from what my partner tells me I think they are probably spot on. Its not so much a question of "dress sense" or "taste", as of people making themselves look ridiculous and not realising that the people they think they are attracting are actually laughing at them. If they realise that and that's what they enjoy, however, then fine.

Boyztown quiet - just goes to show that its the hub of gay commercial nightlife, nothing more.

Sunee - any number of reasons, to judge from some of the posts here.

NAB club - no idea, never been (not my thing, now or at their age)

Walking Street - I would guess it was the "girls" who used to be "boys"! Understandable.

February 15th, 2010, 23:17
Patexpat's "friends" seem to be the sort of people best avoided - narrow-minded and with a superiority complex.

They say that one's character can be judged by the company one keeps.

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

Diec
February 16th, 2010, 00:14
Hello patex, or whatever your name is. People go on vacation to get out of their element. If that means wearing a g-string on the beach so be it. These people pay a LOT of money to travel, and how they want to present themselves is up to them. Your little homosexual pack packer friends should have a more opened mind. I wonder how much money your little homosexual pack packers contributed to the community?

February 16th, 2010, 01:36
With regard to older fat guys wearing a g-string , i also agree that they look stupid ,and im in my mid 50s, and would not dare to be seen wearing anything like that. The trouble is they dont know how silly they look

February 16th, 2010, 01:49
What You See Is What You Get? G-strings. Even normal gays can wear them. In Pattaya.

goji
February 16th, 2010, 01:56
Almost no one wants to see a fat pensioner in a g-string.

If we did, there would be website, magazines & maybe even gogo bars with this on offer.

February 16th, 2010, 03:24

If we did, there would be website, magazines & maybe even gogo bars with this on offer.

You may have spotted a gap in the market...

What would be a good name for such a gogo bar?

Zimmer Boyz?

:hello1: :hello1:

mahjongguy
February 16th, 2010, 04:28
When I first moved to Thailand I was disappointed to find that there are no nude beaches, that swimwear is required even in secluded places like the swimming pool at Babylon.

But, now that I live at the beach in Jomtien, and every day I see enormous men and women in the tiniest of swimwear, I am greatly relieved that nudity is prohibited.

In my fantasy world, everyone is required to be nude all the time everywhere they go until they reach age 30 or weigh 75 kilos, whichever comes first, at which time they must all wear burkhas.

thrillbill
February 16th, 2010, 04:59
This message was only bringing out impressions of younger gays visiting Pattaya - not to cause a big "trauma-drama" . It seems some of the viewers took it too personal (maybe they were the ones with the flabby fat arse tip toeing around wiht a G-string on the beach) but... this is typical of the members belonging to Sawatdee GT.

Diec
February 16th, 2010, 05:03
Ok Madge, or whatever it is you call yourself. I am a big man and I enjoy lounging on the beach in my Speedo's. so what? I don't care to see dog shit on the sidewalk but I get on with my day and don't dwell on it.

Dodger
February 16th, 2010, 05:53
Patexpat...

Hey Pat, the next time you're entertaining a house full of young back packers please give me a ring.

Diec
February 16th, 2010, 07:07
Why do you say that Dodger, you think the pack packers are going to be incredibly good looking and they're going to want to have sex with you?

Thai Dyed
February 16th, 2010, 12:49
Patexpat...

Hey Pat, the next time you're entertaining a house full of young back packers please give me a ring.

Be careful what you wish for Dodger. You think they may give Pon a run for his money? Well I have just received photos that a friend of patexpat says he took of the two young farang backpackers. Real fashionistas they are. Certainly some will go for this type, but I think most who like the Pon type better stick with Sunee. Let the young farang brats eat cake.

[attachment=1:1i2dsrf2]Back Packer 1.jpg[/attachment:1i2dsrf2] [attachment=0:1i2dsrf2]Back Packer 2.jpg[/attachment:1i2dsrf2]

Dodger
February 16th, 2010, 17:14
Thai Dyed wrote:

Well I have just received photos that a friend of patexpat says he took of the two young farang backpackers

Those are snack packers - not back packers...probably searching for their long-lost fathers in Sunee Plaza...555

February 16th, 2010, 18:26
Thai Dyed wrote:

Well I have just received photos that a friend of patexpat says he took of the two young farang backpackers

Those are snack packers - not back packers...probably searching for their long-lost fathers in Sunee Plaza...555

They could be mini LMTU's

February 16th, 2010, 19:17

Obviously hit a nerve but that wasn't the intention - and also obviously you fail to appreciate that different people have different tastes. I've no intention of defending their views, but whilst in the past I have had no truck with the 'Pattaya is full of bitter old queens' comments I can now see how people might think that!

Knowing this person and his common sense point of views ,I certainly believe he has well and truly hit the nail on the head with the above comments and observation!!!
Maybe some members should sit back and take stock of themselves.

Thai Dyed
February 16th, 2010, 19:31

Knowing this person and his common sense point of views ,I certainly believe he has well and truly hit the nail on the head with the above comments and observation!!!

Most of us are here for the sex we enjoy with the Thai boys. That is all the stock taking we have to do. We are not here to please a couple of young queens from farangland. Certainly we are not about to start dressing to make them happy, and by going to the dipshit places they are attracted to. If we wanted to put up with their crap we would have stayed in farangland. Most of us are not interested in their tacky observations.

You can take patexpat's "common sense point of view" and poke it up your ass. I hope and pray that I have hit that nail on the head.

February 17th, 2010, 00:55

Most of us are here for the sex we enjoy with the Thai boys. That is all the stock taking we have to do. We are not here to please a couple of young queens from farangland. Certainly we are not about to start dressing to make them happy, and by going to the dipshit places they are attracted to. If we wanted to put up with their crap we would have stayed in farangland. Most of us are not interested in their tacky observations.

You can take patexpat's "common sense point of view" and poke it up your ass. I hope and pray that I have hit that nail on the head.

I think you should read the original posters comments with some glasses on.
The only two things that could apply to you are the reference to Sunnee or the G string! Maybe they are too close to home for comfort!! Apart from that I got the impression that his friends had to date enjoyed there trip to Thailand so far( or maybe you did not read that bit)!!

The rest of your comments are best left for you to sort out.

stevehadders
February 17th, 2010, 01:32
Re The G Strings - I would never wear one myself - whilst I am not quite 40, I do indulge in rather too much beer to feel comfortable "strutting my stuff" BUT that is my issue - if other guys enjoy wearing the G String it's upto them. Maybe I look silly with a beer belly, maybe I look silly because I wear glasses - Lets live and let live. I always see Pattaya as a free place - I am free to wear a G String, go to boyztown and enjoy the company of great guys, etc etc..... life really is too short!

Thai Dyed
February 17th, 2010, 01:59
The only two things that could apply to you are the reference to Sunnee or the G string! Maybe they are too close to home for comfort!! Apart from that I got the impression that his friends had to date enjoyed there trip to Thailand so far( or maybe you did not read that bit)!!

Do you have Alzheimer's "Min"?

1. The only thing the picky young poofs liked was NAB club which they hardly had to come to Thailand for.
2. They shit in their pants over Walking Street.
3. And they found it odd that all that crappy "entertainment" in Boyztown wasn't the hub of activity. To quote patexpat they "expected Boystown to be the hub of gay nightlife". Chagrin, Chagrin all over again.
4. They are intolerant of people who don't dress according to their fashionista dogma.
5. They hated Sunee since guys who like really hot 18 and 19 year olds are hardly going to pay any attention to two over-the-hill hairy assholed fags from farangland.
End of story dude.

allieb
February 17th, 2010, 02:09

You may have spotted a gap in the market...

What would be a good name for such a gogo bar?

Zimmer Boyz?

:hello1: :hello1:

How about Al Zimmers Bar Forget your troubles meet new boys every day

allieb
February 17th, 2010, 02:12
Thai Dyed wrote:

What about Fudge Packers

February 17th, 2010, 13:36

1. The only thing the picky young poofs liked was NAB club which they hardly had to come to Thailand for.
3. And they found it odd that all that crappy "entertainment" in Boyztown wasn't the hub of activity. To quote patexpat they "expected Boystown to be the hub of gay nightlife". Chagrin, Chagrin all over again.
4. They are intolerant of people who don't dress according to their fashionista dogma.
5. They hated Sunee since guys who like really hot 18 and 19 year olds are hardly going to pay any attention to two over-the-hill hairy assholed fags from farangland.
End of story dude.

Dear Dyed in the wool,
Do go and read the original post, put each of their comments against yours to me and see if there is any form of match or resemblance!!
Re read ALL your replies to myself and other members and I would suggest it is not me that has Alzheimers!!!
Enough on the subject and your drivel.
Bye Dude...

TravellerDave
February 17th, 2010, 13:37
I have worn g-strings on gay beaches in Europe - principally on Gran Canaria (Maspalomas) and enjoyed the feeling, although most guys like to go nude there. However at Dongtan I would not do that - I would be too embarassed and the culture is different. But I usually wear speedos which are more practical as I like swimming in the sea and find they dry more quickly than more baggy shorts. I take a selection on my trips to Pats, but wonder where I could buy the speedo type for a present to a boy I off for a few days.

Thai Dyed
February 17th, 2010, 14:40

End of story dude.

Dear Dyed in the wool,
Do go and read the original post, put each of their comments against yours to me and see if there is any form of match or resemblance!!
Re read ALL your replies to myself and other members and I would suggest it is not me that has Alzheimers!!!
Enough on the subject and your drivel.
Bye Dude...

YAWN... ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz......

[attachment=0:2zwl9zzf]Kiss My Cock.jpg[/attachment:2zwl9zzf]

Brad the Impala
February 17th, 2010, 14:43
I am still waiting to read what impressions these first time visitors do. Is it Marlon Brando, Tina Turner, Tommy Cooper?

Thai Dyed
February 17th, 2010, 15:10
I am still waiting to read what impressions these first time visitors do. Is it Marlon Brando, Tina Turner, Tommy Cooper?

No, no, no. Don't you know they are both very trendy and up to the minute guys? They are only impressed by and do impressions of Michael Jackson. Here is one of them rousing the crowds at Boyztown:
[attachment=0:2fdm3xlw]Backpacker as Michael Jackson.jpg[/attachment:2fdm3xlw]