PDA

View Full Version : 1st time Pattaya March

cliffy
February 14th, 2010, 22:59
Hello, for the last 7 years I have always headed to Patong and then to one of the islands for a couple weeks and rightly or wrongly I had heard that Pattaya was dirty and a lot of under age boys so I have always avoided it. I have been reading through the forums and it now seems a good time to see things for myself and it seems people are now saying Patong is going down hill.

I am looking to stay at the Mosaik in March, read the reviews about price etc, I would like some more advice on how to enjoy my one week before heading to Patong till after Songkran. Men I like are normally small, non fem and if possible at least speak a little english and like long term a few days if we get on rather than just short term, from reading prices seem a lot cheaper than Patong. I have read dj station you must visit is there anywhere else? I actually don't drink too much, is there any where that ex pats hang out in the evening that are friendly can have a chat not necessary to pick up any men.

Thanks

February 15th, 2010, 00:51
DJ station you will find in BKK and not Pattaya.

Hope you have a good time nonetheless.

jolyjacktar
February 15th, 2010, 00:53
Hi cliffy, i think the best thing to do is just go to Pattaya and find out for yourself as nearly everyone on this forum have their own views on Pattaya and i think that could be confuseing for a first timer. The apartments you have choose are good and in between the 2 main boy bar areas so not too far to walk. I do think that prices are a little lower than Patong bars but i havnt been to Patong for a long time now so not too sure.
Just have a good stay in Pattaya and let us know if you like it.

cliffy
February 15th, 2010, 01:01
Yea I will try to have a couple months so just a couple days bkk then a week Pattaya before going back to familiar ground of Patong, I shall keep an eye on the site and let people know my views to comparison to Patong.

Diec
February 15th, 2010, 01:55
Hey Cliffy, if your avatar is correct it shows you are a black man. The Thai's generally like the blacks.
I'm sure you will have a fine time in Pattaya and will find boy's to go with you.

I cannot wait to hear your story of how your trip went.

Patexpat
February 15th, 2010, 08:56
You are better off staying home the way things are here!

pointless post and unhelpful.

Come to Pattaya, you will find something that fits for the bill for you. Mosaik has a good reputation and is conveniently placed.

I too was a Patong regular for my hols but agree with other posters that it ain't what it was!

Enjoy and let us know what you think!

February 15th, 2010, 16:47
Nothing here is what it was! Pattaya has few boys and most of them are rather feminine. Boystown is dead....I stead of coming here why not go somewhere in Latin America but hire a bodyguard!

If you don't like the fem ones I think you should go and look in Copa. When was the last time you were there?

Masculine and lightly muscled, ages 25 to 30ish ... there must have been at least 8 of them on the stage when I dropped in two nights ago.

cliffy
February 15th, 2010, 16:59
Yea its my pic I have got use to people shouting at me all in a friendly manner, I shall go into the week open minded without body guards (hereforme) :happy7: , if things are quieter not a bad thing allows me to explore and find my feet, it seems a much bigger spread than Patong which has the main one area and a few scattered elsewhere.

Hey Cliffy, if your avatar is correct it shows you are a black man. The Thai's generally like the blacks.
I'm sure you will have a fine time in Pattaya and will find boy's to go with you.

I cannot wait to hear your story of how your trip went.

Dodger
February 15th, 2010, 17:21
Cliffy,

Wecome to the Board!

I think your first trip to Pattaya will be very memorable - as it was for ALL of us. Finding the type of boy your described will not be an issue - as they are in abundance and eager to please.

Once you hook-up with a boy that you like (most likely on your first hour on the sois), he will be delighted to go off with you for a few days. Like you, I prefer these types of relationships - versus that nightly routine of just picking numbers off a stage. Once you pay the off fee (about 300 baht), most boys would appreciate 1,000 to 1,500 baht/day tip.

There are many great places to sit back...relax...and rub elbows with fellow farang. The Panarama Bar - Boyztown soi 3, is probably the best in town for the first-timer. This establishment is the flagship gay meeting place in the area, and a great place to meet new friends and get advice on the venues in town. If you visit Sunee Plaza, Oud's Cafe is another popular farang meeting place which is also a must for a first-time visitor. The Corner Bar is also a great spot to mingle. The proprieters, Michael and Thomas will make you feel right at home. There are also many members of this forum who frequent this watering hole (including myself), so come early before we're all smashed. I'll be there in April-May.

BTW...Patpong is not any cleaner than Pattaya, it's just a perception: If you've ever walked around Patpong in the early morning hours you'd see it for what it really is...dirty and dismall seems to fit. There's just too many people crammed into the scene during the evenings - concealing its true face.

Somebody Wrote:

Pattaya has few boys and most of them are rather feminine. Boystown is dead

Cliffy...ignor this statement, as there are hundreds of boys to choose from in every category. I think the only thing that's dead is the spirit of the person who wrote this.

Have a great time.

cliffy
February 15th, 2010, 18:16
Thanks Dodger some good information there just what I was looking for, like to chat and meet some new people so will visit those places so I can find my feet, have a great trip in April I will probably hit Ko lanta by then.

[quote="Dodger"]Cliffy,

Wecome to the Board!

I think your first trip to Pattaya will be very memorable - as it was for ALL of us. Finding the type of boy your described will not be an issue - as they are in abundance and eager to please.

Dodger
February 16th, 2010, 05:30
hereforme wrote:

Dodger do you live here as I do? Or are like catawhatever reading the Pattaya crystal ball from afar?

hereforme...to answer your question: I live in Thailand and work in America.

Last holiday I walked down to the pool at Chateau Dale for my mid-day splash and noticed a group of 5 farangs sitting under an umbrella table. I recognized all of them, as they reside year-round at Chateua Dale and can be seen lounging at pool-side every single day between the hours of 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. As always, I smiled and said hello as I strolled by - only this time decided to ask them a question in a joking manner. I asked them why they never went in the water? They reacted by grinning at each other whilst squirming around a bit nervously in their chairs, when one of them finally replied..."we don't know how to swim."

lonelywombat
February 16th, 2010, 13:15
, I would like some more advice on how to enjoy my one week before heading to Patong till after Songkran.

I like are normally small, non fem and if possible at least speak a little english and like long term a few days if we get on rather than just short term,

I actually don't drink too much, is there any where that ex pats hang out in the evening that are friendly can have a chat not necessary to pick up any men.

Thanks

Hi Cliffy

a few suggestions
first go to gayaffairspattaya.com and download the maps all 6

Daytime to meet other non thais

In Sunee have breakfast at twoguys there are always guys dropping in who will chat with you and give some good pointers. If you go to the beach then drop into Bondi for breakfast or lunch . On the beach there are a lot of people who will chat. Locals tend to get there earlier than tourists. Dicks cafe in Jomtien is also another day time place to meet people.

A lot of people go to Sansuk Sauna which has a pool ,bar and restaurant and fun rooms upstairs late afternoon early evening. Mosaik does not have a pool or bar to meet other residents.
It is starting to quite hot then get so the shaded area besides the pool very pleasant
http://www.sansukpattaya.com/

at night time in Sunee, add La Cage to the places Dodger says to meet friendly expats and be made welcome. In Boyztown ad Oscars

For friendly boys start at Happy Boys in Sunee at bottom of map and in Boyztown Funny Boys and A Bomb

But I cannot understand why you are coming to Pattaya and want to hang around with expats

cliffy
February 16th, 2010, 17:23
cheers for the additional information lonelywombat I will download the maps, I enjoy meeting and talking to new people when away and also after 7 years of going to Thailand like the idea of getting a place one day so speaking to expats about experiences all helps.

[quote="lonelywombat"][quote="cliffy"]

, I would like some more advice on how to enjoy my one week before heading to Patong till after Songkran.

February 16th, 2010, 23:34
But I cannot understand why you are coming to Pattaya and want to hang around with expats

Two minds with but a single thought - most unusual.

latintopxxx
February 17th, 2010, 10:34
Only reason I come to Pattaya (Jomtien actualy) is because I love the beach, nothing better than sleeping until 8, spending an hour on the internet, late breakfast, then making my way to Dongtang beach and crashing on those padded loungers, ordering a beer or 2 or 3, reading a book and watching the passing trade.

Major downside is that all the good sex is rent and the shows in boys town are all drag/cabaret, no good fuck shows like in BKK, but then we have the beach!!

2nd major downside is how old everyone is on the beach, wall to wall jurassic park in speedos and toupes....scary...good thing i have 30years to go before I get to that stage.

Phuket, too dirty, too expensive, nasty, grasping people.

Bali, real nice, good beaches, and a civilized bar scene where "normal" cruising can and does take place.

Well that my 2 cents worth of opinion..

lonelywombat
February 17th, 2010, 12:02
In 20 years the only times I have seen bar boys get excited by a male entering their bar, was for a blond, blue eyed twink in his late teens and on a number of times black men, usually servicemen.

Assuming you are in reasonable condition you could be in for the ride of your life.

You asked about DJ Station which is in Bangkok. One of the maps I suggested you download, gives you the late night venues of which NAB seems to be the most popular. If that is your scene and you plan more than 1 night , buy from the bar a bottle of Johnny Walker and when you leave they give you a receipt for your bottle to collect for the next visit. Invite the dancers or others to join you . A good way to start friendships.

February 19th, 2010, 22:55
He's been coming to Thailand for seven years, for crying out loud - he really doesn't need someone else's guess as to how popular or not he's going to be!

Beachlover
February 20th, 2010, 05:23
Only reason I come to Pattaya (Jomtien actualy) is because I love the beach, nothing better than sleeping until 8, spending an hour on the internet, late breakfast, then making my way to Dongtang beach and crashing on those padded loungers, ordering a beer or 2 or 3, reading a book and watching the passing trade.

Major downside is that all the good sex is rent and the shows in boys town are all drag/cabaret, no good fuck shows like in BKK, but then we have the beach!!

2nd major downside is how old everyone is on the beach, wall to wall jurassic park in speedos and toupes....scary...good thing i have 30years to go before I get to that stage.

Phuket, too dirty, too expensive, nasty, grasping people.

Bali, real nice, good beaches, and a civilized bar scene where "normal" cruising can and does take place.

Well that my 2 cents worth of opinion..

You meant "rooting" the passing day trade...

Bali hey?... I wonder if that's worth visiting. Only a short hop from here.

Beachlover
February 20th, 2010, 05:24
LW is referring to the OP... not L