PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Sisaket

Patexpat
February 14th, 2010, 14:07
Hi guys- have done the usual internet browsing on this subject, but does anyone have any personal experience or recommendations?

Dodger
February 14th, 2010, 18:06
Pat...

I have spent a consider amount of time in SiSaket, although never stayed in the city proper.

SS is a very large and expansive city - and also serves as one of the largest provinces in the Kingdom. The city itself has about the same feel and ambience as the other major Isaan cities, e.g., Korat, Surin, Buri Ram, etc. I had a home built in SS for my maniac bf Thep which was completed last year which is a 45 minute drive from the city. I find the smaller remote farming towns in the province much more appealing than SS City itself.

Are you traveling alone - or going there to visit a boys family ?

My favorite small town is Kantharalak which is a stones throw from the Cambodian border and a popular stop-over for those traveling to see the ancient temples across the border. A large military presence now due to some small conflicts along the border - but some great eye candy dressed in khaki. Khun Han is also a great small town - with waterfalls and boys who prefer swimmimg in the buff on Saturday mornings...less than an hour from SS City.

I mayl be visiting that area again in April - and quite possibly spending Songkran somewhere in that neck of the woods. See where the gogo boys spend their time when they're not entertaining the masses in BKK or PTY...uuummm!

Good luck in your search and have a great time.