PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with extortionists?

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2010, 07:14
For anyone who's been in Pattaya for a while, I'm sure we've all had to deal with someone trying to extort us for some reason or another. Usually it's under the threat of getting the shit kicked out of you, if not killed. For me at least, it's usually for absolutely no reason whatsoever, except that I'm white.

It's only happened to me a few times now. One time we hid like cowards, but that was kind of justified, as Kim was getting death threats many times a day due to jealousy. Then the other times it's just some dick who says I owe him money. I won't have the slightest clue who the guy is, but he'll tell me I owe him some small amount like 500 or 1000 baht, or else he'll box me. Thankfully during those times, I've always known someone who likes me, who also knows that person, so will talk to them for me.

So it's never actually caused a problem yet, but I'm sure eventually my luck's going to run out. How do you guys deal with that? And of course, any good stories to share? I'm sure lots of you guys have many of them. :-)

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2010, 07:55
You serious? This kind of shiz is common in Pattaya? How lovely.

Ohhh, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on for pages, and pages, just like I'm sure many people on this board could too.

This is one fucked up city, that's for sure.

Patexpat
February 12th, 2010, 08:28
Really depends on the type of people you choose to hang out with. I've lived and worked here for 7 years, never been threatened with violence in order to hand over cash or anything else ....

Dodger
February 12th, 2010, 08:32
cdnMatt Wrote:

For anyone who's been in Pattaya for a while, I'm sure we've all had to deal with someone trying to extort us for some reason or another

Beg yes...but extort, never have had this pleasure and have spent 4 months each year in PTY for 10 years. What am I doing wrong???

Surfcrest
February 12th, 2010, 08:35
It's never happened to me either, is this happening in Sunee Matt?

RichLB
February 12th, 2010, 08:48
I've lieved here for 11 years have never run into or known anyone who has encountered this. I'm not suggesting it hasn't happened but I'm trying to figure out what's unique about your associations with Thai guys and that of all the people I know. To those who are reading this thread and not living in Thailand, be assured Pattaya is as safe a city as any. Note, I said "as safe a city as any" and not that it is some kind of heavenly haven free from crime, but to give the impression that visitors put themselves at high risk by enjoying Pattaya is just not true.

giggsy
February 12th, 2010, 08:51
Never happened to me either.Could it be anything to do with the way you throw money at Kim? Seems like people there are thinking you are a soft touch. Try taking that plunger off you forehead.[attachment=0:gfpse138]imagesCA06JMWO.jpg[/attachment:gfpse138]

In the nicest possible way of course.

Impulse
February 12th, 2010, 08:58
him if he saw my later Id give him soNot bery well.
I was waking up after the bars closed.This went on for almost a week and I was getting very randy.As I was walking around Sunee this guy aproached me and offered cheap sex.This guy looked like the north vietnamese spy in the movie Good morning vietnam ,the 1987 movie featuring Robin Williams.In the movie his name was Phun duk Toe and he was really cute.His eyes had that kinda red yaba look but at this point I over looked this and decided I would take him up on his offer.
The sex wasnt bad,not great either,but I was satisfied just having someone to spend some time with.The next night he told me he left his neckless at my place,which was true.Another round of sex and the returning of his belongings and he was gone.Temporarily.
On subsequent nights I would see him and he would follow me around and just sit across from whatever bar I went to and wait for me,wanting to go to a short time room as I told him he wasnt allowed where I was staying.This guy was bad news.One day I gave a boi who I knew 100 baht for food and my stalker saw this. He insisted on money also.I walked almost to the end of soi 17 trying to get rid of him to no avail.Then he started yelling and pulled this threatening muay thai move on me. :violent1: IThe last thing I wanted was to get into a fight with this guy,in another country,so I told me money.
Then it never stopped.Every time he saw me ,the same thing,insisting on money and not leaving me alone until he got it.It was easier just giving into him than fighting him.One day he asked for 300 baht because he was going to Bangkok to see his mother,ha.I gave it to him in hopes it was true.Believe it or not I never saw him again.But one of his minions in the plaza took over for him,only asking for 20 baht,lol,what a bargain.I was so relieved not to see the first hoologan anymore.
So this is my little story of extortion in Pattaya.

February 12th, 2010, 09:10
Homi would make us all live in Bkk
You are, I fear, missing the point. I'd follow the fine example of the Chinese leaders before the Beijing Games as far as undesirables go. I think it was Marsilius who pointed out that the original purpose of a concentration camp was to concentrate particular groups of people in one place. As Pattaya is already home to much of the riff-raff and white trash of Thailand, it would be a simple matter to do a sweep of the Thonglor area of Sukhumvit, and Soi Naam Duplis off Rama IV and pick up most of the rest. I've already drafted orders to put Chao Na (or SuneeBoi as he was briefly known) in charge of the Shitsville Concentration Camp
Extortion? Don't belittle our awe-inspiring tourist attractions. Fortunately, there are still Thais in the Shitsville Concentration Camp. The commander never turned up for work. That explains everything and every-ting.

Patexpat
February 12th, 2010, 09:12
as I said in my earlier post, it's WHO you choose to hang out with, nothing to do with it being Pattaya.

Smiles
February 12th, 2010, 09:25
You serious? This kind of shiz is common in Pattaya? How lovely.Ohhh, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on for pages, and pages, just like I'm sure many people on this board could too. This is one fucked up city, that's for sure.
Nothing like this has ever happened to me in Hua Hin, over 3 years of living here.
I don't recall anyone who lives in Pattaya having described experiences such as you relate (either on the Board, or in person)... and I'm absolutely certain they would if it had of happened.

I agree with you that Pattaya can probably be described as somewhat fucked up ~ you can thank the sex tourist industry for that ~ but I think you hang out with a lot of the wrong dudes ... never a great idea in a fucked up city.

zinzone
February 12th, 2010, 09:56
For anyone who's been in Pattaya for a while, I'm sure we've all had to deal with someone trying to extort us for some reason or another. Usually it's under the threat of getting the shit kicked out of you, if not killed. For me at least, it's usually for absolutely no reason whatsoever, except that I'm white.

It's only happened to me a few times now. One time we hid like cowards, but that was kind of justified, as Kim was getting death threats many times a day due to jealousy. Then the other times it's just some dick who says I owe him money. I won't have the slightest clue who the guy is, but he'll tell me I owe him some small amount like 500 or 1000 baht, or else he'll box me. Thankfully during those times, I've always known someone who likes me, who also knows that person, so will talk to them for me.

So it's never actually caused a problem yet, but I'm sure eventually my luck's going to run out. How do you guys deal with that? And of course, any good stories to share? I'm sure lots of you guys have many of them. :-)

OP sounds like you should be more careful where and with whom you associate!

springco
February 12th, 2010, 11:52

I just finished discussing this with a few friends of mine Matt, two of whom have lived within blocks of Sunee Plaza for 15 years now. Nothing even remotely similar to what you have described has ever happened to any us.

It seems you are revealing more about yourself than what you project onto the Thai people or society.

You should begin to seriously question what it is in you that is provoking such extreme reactions in others. Don't look to your boyfriend for solutions to your dilemma since that could very well lead you even further astray.

Marsilius
February 12th, 2010, 11:59
After visiting Pattaya up to three times annually for the past 17 years, I can also say that nothing like this has ever happened to me. I have to agree that it sounds like there is something about the original poster's manner of interacting with people - or his inability to see early warning signs of trouble - that is provoking such situations.

Koh Samui Luv
February 12th, 2010, 12:31

It is more likely that you are one fucked up person.

allieb
February 12th, 2010, 13:31
I've always known someone who likes me, who also knows that person, so will talk to them for me.

Sounds like a set up to me by someone who likes you and knows that person. When that someone gets you out of the situation do you give him anything? !!!!!!

Like a blackmail, if you pay once they always come back for more.

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2010, 14:18
Ok, so no stories or advice at all, and instead just a bunch of cut-downs. Who would have thought, eh? No, I don't think I do anything to provoke it at all. Ok, with Kim's death threats, that was somewhat understandable. That was just his ex-roommate being jealous because Kim had a good falang, and he didn't, and was stuck working as a go-go boy. His reasoning for being pissed off was idiotic, but at least understandable.

As for the others, I have no idea. For example, one time I was sitting at the Thai whiskey stall just as your entering Sunee, on the left hand side of the street. I frequent it quite a bit now, because I know everyone there, the owner likes me, the dogs like me, etc. It's great! One time I was just sitting there, and some guy comes up, and asks for money for food. I tell him no, I don't have any, and he tells me later I better give him 500 baht or else. Really, that kinda thing doesn't happen to you guys?

I see that type of shit all the time. Most of the time it doesn't affect me, because I'm falang, but every once in a while it'll come my way.

Sounds like a set up to me by someone who likes you and knows that person. When that someone gets you out of the situation do you give him anything? !!!!!!

No, no... believe it or not, there are actually people out there who like me, and think I'm a good guy. Actually what it is, is the fact that everyone knows I love one person, only him, and will never cheat on him. That actually goes over really well with everyone. :-) And no, I haven't given them anything. For example, with the last person, she has a husband, two kids, good job, etc. She doesn't want or need anything from me.

Brad the Impala
February 12th, 2010, 15:00
I can only think that you are more friendly in demeanour, more relaxed in disposition, and possibly have your guard up a little less, than some of those other posters who have not had this experience.

It's like the guys getting stopped by Indian tailors who treat strangers as if they are their long lost friends. Some passers by feel it is rude to completely cut them, and stop at least to explain that they don't want a suit, whereas others treat the open hand as if it belonged to a man with the plague. I started in the first category and graduated over time into the latter category.

Or it's like the drunk or the loonie on a train, who is talking to himself. Every one is worried that he is going to approach them, and start on their defence mechanisms of being very very interested in their book or newspaper, to suddenly losing consciousness in a deep sleep, or being completely fascinated by the countryside passing outside the window. Anything rather than catch the eye of the drunk! Yet the drunk in some almost primeval and subconscious way judges which of his fellow passengers is a good target.

It sounds like the same thing is happening to you. It's not a bad thing to be judged open and approachable. There is a small downside that you have described, but that is not a large price to pay. As I have read your posts, I understand someone relatively new to Thailand, treating Thai people with respect whatever their profession or past, enjoying his experience of Thailand and determined to do right by friends and boyfriend.

This will give you a different demeanour to someone who has developed a thicker skin and sharper defence mechanism, built up over time, or someone who may have never been quite as open to new experiences as you were and are.

PeterUK
February 12th, 2010, 15:17
Good post, Brad. I don't know that the downside is quite that small - especially when a chancer starts pestering his victim on a regular basis - but overall you strike a very sympathetic tone and if you have nudged the OP into being a bit firmer when the occasion demands it then so much the better.

Beachlover
February 12th, 2010, 16:52
What a nut town...

But yeah... you sound like a nice guy... and sometimes that attracts some undesirable intentions.

CoffeeBreak
February 12th, 2010, 16:53

It is more likely that you are one fucked up person.

-Agree entirely with the above comment by Koh Samui Luv.

Message to cdnmatt :

1. Your posts suggest you are way out of your depth in a place like Pattaya especially Sunee Plaza;
2. you obviously lack experience, and,
3.you give out signals to others that you are vulnerable and that you want to be loved which is intrepreted by Thais that you are someone easily exploitable and that you are basically gullible and a mug.

My advice:

Do something about your shortcomings,before something bad happens or is done to you.

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2010, 16:58
Wow Brad, thank you very much. That was a very commendable post, to say the least. You actually have me pinned down to a T.

Thank you! Great read.

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2010, 17:13
1. Your posts suggest you are way out of your depth in a place like Pattaya especially Sunee Plaza

Hardly. I just don't stick to the typical tourist stuff.

2. you obviously lack experience

Hardly. I've been around the world enough.

3.you give out signals to others that you are vulnerable and that you want to be loved which is intrepreted by Thais that you are someone easily exploitable and that you are basically gullible and a mug.

Sure, i'll admit to that. That comes with advantages as well. Aside from attracting the losers in society, you also attract the good hearted individuals as well. Why do you think there's people willing to speak on my behalf, for no reason except that they know it's the right thing to do?

Do something about your shortcomings,before something bad happens or is done to you.

Don't worry, I can take care of myself. If worst ever comes to worst, I know enough Thais know to be comfortable with my own security. Well, unless the BIB decides to fuck with me. Then I'm screwed, but that's the same with everyone on the board.

Thai Dyed
February 12th, 2010, 22:06
Ok, so no stories or advice at all, and instead just a bunch of cut-downs.

What do you expect us to do, come and hold your hand? What are we supposed to do, be your shrink?

I don't think I do anything to provoke it at all.

Yeah sure, you are telling us how often this happens to you and you, of course, have nothing at all to do with it.

Ok, with Kim's death threats, that was somewhat understandable.

Oh sure, the death threats are understandable. Just another everyday kind of thing, huh?

As for the others, I have no idea.

Duh! Double Duh!

the owner likes me, the dogs like me, etc.

Maybe time to ask the dogs for advice?

Really, that kinda thing doesn't happen to you guys?

Most of us have already told you NO. Really no! That doesn't happen to us.

I see that type of shit all the time.

Time to find another country where this shit doesn't happen to you all the time Matt.

No, no... believe it or not, there are actually people out there who like me, and think I'm a good guy.

Sure there are Matt. Sure there are. If you say so.

For example, with the last person, she has a husband, two kids, good job, etc.

The last person??? Is this yet another extortionist? A death threat sender, or a person you swore eternal love to and who you never cheated on?

February 12th, 2010, 23:23
I have lived in South Pattaya for 6 years. Once I had my pocket picked on a baht bus. I walk all over the place late at night and I have never been threatened. Some dogs have scared me, but not many. I guess I've been lucky... or smart.

Irish1972
February 12th, 2010, 23:43
Hi Matt,

Stand back and have a look at the people you hang with..

There are thousands of places you could be at night, why choose Sunee? You have a BF so unless you are looking for a third.......

Ignore the assholes here too, but then you know that!!! that's the reason for less than 100 posts from me in 5 years as a member

If you need to be in the centre of town so be it, but if you want to be around Pattaya, try the Jomtien area, I can recommend a few nice condos if you need.

It does seem that you may have unintentionaly drawn attention to yourself and remember Thai guys talk, so if one finds you an easy touch it soon spreads!

Anyhow good luck and feel free to PM if you need to.

Thai Dyed
February 13th, 2010, 00:16
if you want to be around Pattaya, try the Jomtien area, I can recommend a few nice condos if you need.

Did you read Matt's comment where he said "I was sitting at the Thai whiskey stall just as your entering Sunee, on the left hand side of the street. I frequent it quite a bit now, because I know everyone there, the owner likes me, the dogs like me, etc. It's great!"

"Irish 1972" do you think people who frequent the Thai whiskey stall just as you enter Sunee quite a bit and say "It's great!" are going to be very happy with the utterly boring old queens that hang around Jomtien?

February 13th, 2010, 01:01
The BIB only fuck with people who are guilty of something....

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: 1st prize for naivety :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I'm sure Hitler said something similar in reference to the activities of the SS.

Sen Yai
February 13th, 2010, 01:09
"I was sitting at the Thai whiskey stall just as your entering Sunee, on the left hand side of the street. I frequent it quite a bit now, because I know everyone there, the owner likes me, the dogs like me, etc. It's great!"

It does seem that you may have unintentionaly drawn attention to yourself and remember Thai guys talk, so if one finds you an easy touch it soon spreads!
and 2 + 2 = ......... :idea:

Marsilius
February 13th, 2010, 02:19
The BIB only fuck with people who are guilty of something. At least, that is true in 99.999% of cases I have ever heard of.

Then you clearly haven't been reading this board where, over the years, many cases have been mentioned where entirely innocent people have been creatively leant on by the BIB for a cash contribution.

Impulse
February 13th, 2010, 03:15
Ok, so no stories or advice at all,Hey,what about mine?I wrote a story.I gave the guy an "in" by having sex with him,so my bad.I was thinking with the wrong head I guess.

goji
February 13th, 2010, 04:04
If you associate with riff raff, expect problems.

February 13th, 2010, 06:01
If you associate with riff raff, expect problems.

The voice of experience.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

colmx
February 13th, 2010, 23:45
I have been visiting pattaya for 6 weeks a year for the last 9 years

Have never had any threats or extortions either

February 14th, 2010, 00:34

Matt,

I've lived in and around Pattaya for 17 years and came here on holiday for a few years before that. Like everyone else who has replied here with their actual experience of living here, which you dismiss out of hand, I have never had any of the experiences you mention nor do I know anyone who has - I do know a few peope who have been mugged, hwever, as I would expect to in any city/town of a similar size and rocket's experence is both different and credible. The idea that it is simply because you are "white", in a city where any violent crime against whites is given far more attention than similar incidents limited to locals simply demonstrates quite how out of touch you are with things here (and possibly generally).

I would not disagree with BL's description of Pattaya as a "nut town", and it certainly has more than its fair share of Thai and farang scum, but it is simply not as you have painted it in general. If things are as bad as you say then, as others have said, you need to have a long, hard and careful look at all those you associate with and to ask yourself what and who could be causing this - do you really know them as well as you think you do? My own feeling is that you don't and that you are simply taking your problems with you from one place to another, which will solve nothing.

Don't worry, I can take care of myself. If worst ever comes to worst, I know enough Thais know to be comfortable with my own security. Well, unless the BIB decides to fuck with me. Then I'm screwed, but that's the same with everyone on the board.

Matt,

no offence but you sound as if you are totally out of your depth and have no idea of your own limitations, mental or physical, and even less idea of the sort of people you are mixing with. I have no doubt that although I am twice your age and it is a long time since I had to "take care of myself" that I am far more capable of doing so than you. Despite that, I would never imagine that I can "take care of myself" here in the sort of situations you describe, drunk or sober - while one person can take on a group in the movies it simply does not happen like that in real life. Even if you held the world 100m sprint record (you don't - you're "white", remember) which would give you the best way out, no-one can outrun a bullet.

I doubt very much if you do know "enough Thais ... to be comfortable with your own security". If you do, then you are mixing in very dangerous circles indeed; if, on the other hand, you imagine that the dogs and Thais who "like" you because you buy them drinks and pass the time of day with them would or even could help you in the situations you describe then you need to wake up to reality and, as I suspected when I first replied to you some months ago, you really do need a nanny to take care of you.

Irish1972
February 14th, 2010, 01:06
I remember the guy that used to work the Yellow Chairs got into a tangle last year defending his DVD patch or something like that, the next day he was stabbed to death with one of the spikes from the umbrellas.

Diec
February 14th, 2010, 02:37
I always walk around with a baseball bat. When anyone try's to extort money from me, I stick the bat out at arms length, twirl around very fast and who's ever head I smash, so be it. Word has gotten around that I am not to be messed with. After taking this recourse with several extortion attempts, the extortionists have decided to take on easier prey and I am now extortion free!

Brad the Impala
February 14th, 2010, 03:08

Matt that is the most dangerous thought you can harbour.

As G/F implies if you get into any real difficulty which involves physical violence between you and Thais guess whose side your Thai friends will take?

Thinking for one moment that your Thai friends-especially the type of characters you appear to be hanging out with- are going to be your protectors is just down right stupid.

If you think that Thai people will always side with other Thai people regardless of circumstances, then you are not only wrong but incredibly insulting to the populace of Thailand. If you genuinely believe that, I cannot conceive why you live in this country. Presumably that means that you live in a cocoon of expats in which you, and others with the same viewpoint, only have Thais as servants and sex objects, as you apparently believe that they are incapable of genuine friendship. Are you so desparate for sex, and have so little sense of self worth?

There have been many many occasions over the years when I have been helped by Thai people when I had a problem with other Thais. Help given out of pure friendship or goodwill. The most vivid and early experience was when, during the early days of Soi Four in Bangkok, I had inadvertently given offence to the caretaker of the soi, whose son and several of the neighbourhood thugs then backed me up against a shop front. Word that I had a problem got back to the owner of one of the bars on the soi, who I had known for six months or so and considered a friend, and he appeared running down the soi whirling a sword above his head, which somewhat distracted the thugs.

As I understood later (my thai was not yet good enough to understand the conversation), he told the guys that anyone who wanted to fight me should fight him first. When they demurred he told them that I was a friend who would never have intentionally insulted the caretaker. Accordingly I apologised for any offence inadvertently given, and I never had any problem with the thugs again. The bar owner had no need to intervene, and gained no benefit. It would have been easy for him to have ignored the news that I had a problem.

I saw some of the thugs many times over the years as they moved up their individual gangster ladders around Patpong. They waved and remembered my name long after I had forgotten theirs.

The cynics on this board are so self deluded that they can't see that there is a value, if you choose it, in exposing yourself a little. They are so terrified of loss that it seems that they cannot trust a thai person. If your priority is to insulate yourself from pain, you are also insulating yourself from so much that can be wonderful.

So Matt, read the old biddies on the board, and wonder how they have reached this shuttered and cynical state of mind? I think that they followed their own advice!! Take the risks, enjoy the gains, and keep your wits about you. As to how to minimize the "extortions", or aggressions. Don't give in, don't back down, but do so in a way which allows the aggressor to keep their face.

thrillbill
February 14th, 2010, 03:26
I have lived in Pattaya for five years and the only time I felt I was "ripped" off baht-wise was when I took a motorbike taxi from the blokes in front of Walking Street to the area of Day NIght Hotel around midnight. I was having him drop me off at some club nearby and the strange thing was---- he stopped in the middle of a dark section of the block instead of where the club was. He asked for 200 baht and I refused ;for I assumed it was 40 baht when the "leader of the pack" earlier had said 40 baht. ONce I said no, the mofia looking motorbike driver surprisingly became angry and held up his arm as if he was going to hit me... At the time, I thought it was better to pay the 200 baht; for if I ran away (I am a jogger) his cronies and he could chase me. After a few minutes, I felt like a big whimp for giving in to the bastard who probably does this trick to many of his riders late at night... As one lives in Pattaya (or any big city) you slowly learn the con jobs that the scum life will do.

February 14th, 2010, 04:08
The BIB only fuck with people who are guilty of something. At least, that is true in 99.999% of cases I have ever heard of.Then you clearly haven't been reading this board where, over the years, many cases have been mentioned where entirely innocent people have been creatively leant on by the BIB for a cash contribution.Almost everything in Thailand that would be legal in the West (sex, drugs, rock'n'roll) is either illegal or borderline legal with lots of opportunities for creative interpretations of how to comply. There are lots of vested interests in keeping it that way.

Beachlover
February 14th, 2010, 17:20
Word that I had a problem got back to the owner of one of the bars on the soi, who I had known for six months or so and considered a friend, and he appeared running down the soi whirling a sword above his head, which somewhat distracted the thugs.

LOL... Now there's a dramatic rescue.

I agree though... whilst Thais will be naturally biased towards other Thais... they will still judge their own kind and decide, which side to stand on accordingly. They are not that delusional that they would never see that a fellow-Thai has done something wrong/unethical... plenty of cases where Thais are ashamed at what a fellow Thai has done and tries to make up for it accordingly.

And likewise for farangs... I'm sure plenty of farangs have been somewhat embarrassed by their fellow countrymen.

February 14th, 2010, 22:06
I agree though... whilst Thais will be naturally biased towards other Thais... they will still judge their own kind and decide, which side to stand on accordingly. They are not that delusional that they would never see that a fellow-Thai has done something wrong/unethical... plenty of cases where Thais are ashamed at what a fellow Thai has done and tries to make up for it accordingly.

Agreed, BL.

Nobody here has suggested that you "cannot trust a thai person" or "that Thai people will always side with other Thai people regardless of circumstances". I cannot understand why someone would deliberately encourage others to "take the risks" when those risks are apparently as real as they are easily avoidable, but that is nothing new.

My point, which I thought was very clear, was two-fold. Firstly, that anyone saying that they can "take care of myself" was being dangerously delusional, particularly if they had been on the receiving end of direct threats of violence: if someone hits you on the back of the head with diec's baseball bat it doesn't matter whether you are a black belt 10th dan in origami or a computer nerd - you go down. Secondly, that the idea that "If worst ever comes to worst, I know enough Thais know to be comfortable with my own security" is equally stupid - they may or may not be there when a problem arises, and they may or may not take sides when weapons are involved, as they increasingly are and evidently were in past incidents involving Kim (Matt's bf). Taking anyone's assistance for granted, regardless of nationality, is simply naive.

Irish1972
February 14th, 2010, 23:06
Gone Fishing

Thats two posts you have made in this thread, where I 100% agree with you.

I think I need to lay down :tard:

February 14th, 2010, 23:22
Let's just cut through all of the flying shit here and reduce the problem presented that started this thread and the solution to the problem to a couple of sentences.

Anyone can can have a one time problem, but repeated same issue problems???? The author needs to get a mirror and stand in front of it until he figures out what he is doing wrong and commits to changing his behavior before he ends up dead in some alley.

In all of the years I have been coming here, staying here long time, riding a motor bike here, riding baht buses here, and generally fooling both day and night around in Pattaya I have never, never, never had a problem even close to the nature described. I do not know any one else who has had a problem as the author describes.

Wake up and change yourself before you are an article in the local news.

Shuee
February 14th, 2010, 23:32
i would say as of late, all i seem to hear is about falangs having problems with extortion, or nasty thai people knocking at their doors, whether it be by the mafia or pretend cops, these facts are then backed up by the falang disappearing & leaving all his stuff in his room/condo.

This always has something to do with the sunee bars, in the last few years i have notice a dramatic increase in these horror stories (true events), try to have fun whatever you like to do, but be care

February 14th, 2010, 23:41
i would say as of late, all i seem to hear is about falangs having problems with extortion.....then...the falang disappearing & leaving all his stuff in his room/condo.....This always has something to do with the sunee bars...

You're right - when it has something to do with the Boyztown bars the falang leaves his fingers and money behind (allegedly).

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

ceejay
February 14th, 2010, 23:42
Matt
Pace Brad, there's a difference between taking a risk and sticking your head in the mangle. There are reasons why all the old farts on here have grown old. One of them is we haven't got ourselves killed yet.
Once you've paid up to these people, it's very hard to break the cycle without making them lose face. If, for the sake of example, one of them has said to a friend "here comes Matt - he's always good for a thousand" and saunters up to you with his hand out, he can't walk away both without money and also without losing face - however you try to manage the refusal.
You mentioned a while back you and Kim were thinking of relocating to Khon Khaen. Now might be a good time to give it an extended trial.

Thai Dyed
February 15th, 2010, 00:31
i would say as of late, all i seem to hear is about falangs having problems with extortion, or nasty thai people knocking at their doors, whether it be by the mafia or pretend cops, these facts are then backed up by the falang disappearing & leaving all his stuff in his room/condo.

This always has something to do with the sunee bars, in the last few years i have notice a dramatic increase in these horror stories (true events), try to have fun whatever you like to do, but be care

This always has to do with Sunee bars? And you have noticed a dramatic increase of horror stories? Funny this seems like typical bull shit that should be disregarded at once.

Last September English Bravo channel aired an eight hour documentary series called "Big Trouble in Thailand" and I do not recall a single horror story they filmed which had to do with Sunee. They had some really wild shit on that series too! Problems in Pattaya? Yes. No problems in Sunee. And these guys were out prowling around looking for horrors to film. What happened? The fact of the matter is that very few bad things ever happen in Sunee.
http://www.bravo.co.uk/shows/big-trouble-in-thailand/

As far as sex destinations go in the world today, Sunee is pretty mild. If you can't handle what goes on in Sunee, then you may as well pack it in and move to an uninhabited island or go live in a convent. That's my advice to the wusses here.

cdnmatt
February 15th, 2010, 01:34
You mentioned a while back you and Kim were thinking of relocating to Khon Khaen. Now might be a good time to give it an extended trial.

That's actually happening in a couple days. Due to the constant death threats from his ex-roommate, Kim's been back home for a little under three weeks. I stayed behind due to my work schedule, as I wanted to finish up a couple projects first, because I know I'm going to lose a week or two of work once I go there. That's why I've been posting like an erratic, drunken jackass lately. When I'm alone, extremely busy with work, with not much to look forward to, the whiskey tends to pour a little easier.

Things took a little longer than hoped, so Kim was going to come down a couple days ago, so we could be together. He's still in contact with the ex-roommate though, so for some stupid reason, actually told him that he was coming back to Pattaya for a bit. So sure enough, the death threats once again ensued, and now Kim can't come. So I'll finish up a bit of work, and head up there.

Let's just hope Kim is actually genuine, and my doubts are unfounded, as I've heard all the horror stories the same as you guys. If this isn't a genuine relationship, and Kim is just looking to take advantage of, and manipulate me, it's going to happen when I'm staying in his moobaan. If I had to bet on it, I'd say it's genuine, but I guess I'll find out in a few days. I hope I don't get hurt, because as you guys know, my heart's already pretty open to him. I'm pretty sure it will be fine though.

I'm not worried about the idiots in Sunee, and sorry about originally posting about it. I just assumed that most regulars to Sunee would have experienced similar, especially the ones who live in Pattaya. Or you probably have, but just aren't posting about it. The ex-roommate I am a bit worried about, and have no idea how to handle that one. He seems absolutely hell bent on ensuring Kim and myself break-up, and it's for no reason other than pure jealousy, He's just pissed that Kim showed up in Pattaya for a few weeks, and ended up with a quality farang who's willing to go into it for the long-run with him, while after years he's still stuck doing short-time's for 1000 baht.

I don't know, I guess time will tell. Pom mai luu, pom mai luu...

Beachlover
February 15th, 2010, 02:01
You have doubts?... I hope they're unfounded.

Good luck with the move.

cdnmatt
February 15th, 2010, 02:19
You have doubts?

Of course. I'd be an idiot not to. Just like I'm almost certain he lays in bed every night before going to sleep, wondering whether or not what we have is actually real. Or if I'm just some jackass farang who has no qualms about picking up a new "boy friend" from Sunee every six months. The fact that we met in Pattaya, combined with the language barrier, tends to make relationships progress a little slower.

giggsy
February 15th, 2010, 04:03
I think we have been slow on the uptake on this one.A past poster stopped posting in febuary 2009 and cdnmatt started posting in july 2009. I'm supprised smiles didn't connect the 2. CDNMATT is our old friend BRANDON..It took a while brandon but you have been sussed. Did you ever buy that flash car? are your parents still sending you money ? Does Kim let you do it bareback ?

cdnmatt
February 15th, 2010, 04:33
LOL, no, I'm not "brandon", whoever that is. I'm just some guy looking to live his life the best he can, like everyone else out there. And if you really must know, no, we don't even to anal. He's constantly pushing for it, but I don't want it. You might not believe it, but not everyone out there is obsessed with sex to the point that it runs their lives.

Anyway, I've quite obviously over-stayed my welcome on this board, so I'm off. See you boys!

February 15th, 2010, 05:18
LOL, no, I'm not "brandon", whoever that is.
Highly suspicious.

Anyway, I've quite obviously over-stayed my welcome on this board, so I'm off. See you boys!
Not at all. Just make sure that your handle will always have seven characters. Your boys

Diec
February 15th, 2010, 05:34
Oh door mat, what kind of idiots do you think we are? You're trying to tell us your little kimmey needs to be uprooted to a new place because he has an ex-room mate who is jealous of you and is threatening little kimmey's life because of it? You really should lay off the booze and head for an AA meeting.

colmx
February 15th, 2010, 05:38
Due to the constant death threats from his ex-roommate, Kim's been back home for a little under three weeks.

Hi Matt
Before you leave - did it ever occur to you that this ex-roommate could actually be Kims other BF?
Or Ex-BF

In my experience most thai guys that share togther are usually getting it on some way... or have had it on together in the past

Usually these guys agree to help each other mutually - but now Kim has left this guy in the lurch - with bills to pay etc

This would explain why he is so pissed off

It might also explain why Kim is still in contact with this guy

Smiles
February 15th, 2010, 08:50
" ... I'm not worried about the idiots in Sunee, and sorry about originally posting about it. I just assumed that most regulars to Sunee would have experienced similar, especially the ones who live in Pattaya. Or you probably have, but just aren't posting about it. ... "
I'm very sorry that cdnmatt thinks it's necessary to leave Sawatdee because of a rough time in a thread. But, with the attitude in the quote above it was bound to happen.
Even with the huge majority of the replies centered around the very specific fact that they'd never ever experienced what cdnmatt has said he's experienced, cdnmatt still sticks to a kind of 'accusatory-ness' that we're all secretly bullshitting him.
For what motive? God knows there enough members on this Board who'd probably jump at the chance of publishing similar stories ... if they'd ever happened.

But no, our friend cdnmatt sticks to the ostrich position through it all. Then flies the coup.
Like I said, bound to happen sooner or later. There's but always Pattaya Passion.

February 15th, 2010, 12:43
Then flies the coup.

That's COOP, dear. In any case, I hope we're all not fleeing the COUP within coming weeks.

Beachlover
February 15th, 2010, 17:12
I think we have been slow on the uptake on this one.A past poster stopped posting in febuary 2009 and cdnmatt started posting in july 2009. I'm supprised smiles didn't connect the 2. CDNMATT is our old friend BRANDON..It took a while brandon but you have been sussed. Did you ever buy that flash car? are your parents still sending you money ? Does Kim let you do it bareback ?

Dude... you're taking the piss aren't you?

I don't see any link between Brandon and cdnmatt...

Brad the Impala
February 15th, 2010, 17:57

Dude... you're taking the piss aren't you?

Apparently it was especially suspicious that one poster stopped posting in "febuary" 2009 and another started in "july" 2009. WTF?

Thai Dyed
February 15th, 2010, 18:54

What they shared in common was that they were both young and had a delusional sense of self-importance, much the same as you Beachlover.

February 15th, 2010, 19:00
I would love to be accused of having a delusional sense of self importance... :-(

Brad the Impala
February 15th, 2010, 20:22

What they shared in common was that they were both young and had a delusional sense of self-importance, much the same as you Beachlover.

Ah yes, the Fat Old Fart chorus about the young over the centuries!

"Far too young to have an opinion"

"Should be seen and not heard" or in the view of some of the posters here "Should be seen, drooled over, dribbled over, then despatched, but never heard"

If we have reached the point where any poster purporting to be young must be, ipso facto, the same person, then we are not far from the raving paranoia of Hedda, in that anyone disagreeing with her statements, must be the same person, as there could only be a maximum of one person who would contradict her!

February 15th, 2010, 22:28

I wonder if, following my direct and in-direct references to it, he ever read any of the threads I referred to on here concerning yaa-baa addicts, their behaviour, and the signs to watch out for - all of which (according to Matt's posts) Kim exhibits constantly and increasingly, as do his friends, and which would account for the particular problems referred to here.

If you are still there Matt, I have nothing apart from your posts on which to base that possibility but if you have not done so already you would be well advised to read them and to at least consider the possibility before you get seriously hurt (and I am not just talking about emotionally).

For the record, I think you are not only who you say you are, but also genuine, well-meaning and well-intentioned - just incredibly naive and rather unwilling to listen to advice even when you ask for it. Good luck - I think you are going to need it.

Thai Dyed
February 15th, 2010, 22:50
[quote=Beachlover]

Ah yes, the Fat Old Fart chorus about the young over the centuries!

"Far too young to have an opinion"

"Should be seen and not heard" or in the view of some of the posters here "Should be seen, drooled over, dribbled over, then despatched, but never heard"

If we have reached the point where any poster purporting to be young must be, ipso facto, the same person, then we are not far from the raving paranoia of Hedda, in that anyone disagreeing with her statements, must be the same person, as there could only be a maximum of one person who would contradict her![/quote:3ghrc6nv]

As eloquent a piece of projection as I have ever read Bradley, even for you.

February 15th, 2010, 23:24
With all the multiple personality/ID fakers on the SGT board, I wish to reveal that I am actually Elvis Presley.

Obviously, my "death" was faked.

The Scottish-Guy monicker pays homage to the fact that the only time I set foot in the UK it was in Scotland.

I'm surprised none of you noticed before.

I thought I'd better own up as it is clearly only a matter of time before one of the drones circling Sunee Plaza catches me on film -
or alternatively, until one of the multitude of international detectives sitting around Sunee, sipping coffees and peering through cut-out holes in newspapers takes me into custody on a charge of possession of a fat belly.

Thankyouverymuch.

:hello1: :hello1:

February 16th, 2010, 02:19
I don't see any link between Brandon and cdnmatt...What they shared in common was that they were both young and had a delusional sense of self-importance, much the same as you Beachlover.But were they closeted employers of labourers on (wait for it, wait for it){drum roll} six figures?
...we are not far from the raving paranoia of Hedda, in that anyone disagreeing with her statements, must be the same person, as there could only be a maximum of one person who would contradict her!Is Fuck-Face Hedda re-born?

Beachlover
February 16th, 2010, 03:22
Check your quote credits above copper... I didn't write the second quote.

February 16th, 2010, 03:24
Check your quote credits above copper... I didn't write the second quote.

The proper use of the quote function is obviously beyond the old coot's mental capacity -- despite his claims of being an IT consultant and having a deep understanding how the internet works. Oh, yes -- same guy all right: who is the only other person we know who would take a small personal revelation and harp on it ad nauseum?

Beachlover
February 16th, 2010, 03:36
[quote=Beachlover]

Ah yes, the Fat Old Fart chorus about the young over the centuries! [/quote:3pu8u7wo]

Actually, some older people have this deluded sense of self importance as well... until they're walked over.

Beachlover
February 16th, 2010, 03:36

Cold turkey... I'm impressed.

Beachlover
February 16th, 2010, 03:37
view of some of the posters here "Should be seen, drooled over, dribbled over, then despatched, but never heard"

Yep... drooling and dribbling... it's just what every boy wants lol.

maisoui
February 16th, 2010, 04:24
With all the multiple personality/ID fakers on the SGT board, I wish to reveal that I am actually Elvis Presley.

Obviously, my "death" was faked.

The Scottish-Guy monicker pays homage to the fact that the only time I set foot in the UK it was in Scotland.

I'm surprised none of you noticed before.

I thought I'd better own up as it is clearly only a matter of time before one of the drones circling Sunee Plaza catches me on film -
or alternatively, until one of the multitude of international detectives sitting around Sunee, sipping coffees and peering through cut-out holes in newspapers takes me into custody on a charge of possession of a fat belly.

Thankyouverymuch.

:hello1: :hello1:

It was so bleedin' obvious as not to be pass-remarkable. :occasion9:

ceejay
February 16th, 2010, 05:32
To scotch rumours that I am, in fact, Richey Edwards, I have decided to publish my photograph:
[attachment=0:2n88brue]ceejay.jpg[/attachment:2n88brue]

Dodger
February 16th, 2010, 05:44
Jacklipton wrote:

I would love to be accused of having a delusional sense of self importance... :-(

Hilarious...55555. Spilled my coffee on that one.

Thanks Jack

February 16th, 2010, 12:56
CDMATT ,I will be bluntly truthful to you,you suffer from low self confidence.

Just reading your posts on this board tells me you have low confidence to let people walk over you demanding you to give them money or they will box you?
Where is your Assertiveness?

Its like you are more confidant only when you have someone holding your hand all the time and you must seek assurances from strangers on this board.
For your own sake man,grow some balls,please.and thats not a put down.
Get some confidence,instead of sitting on your bum in bars,go and do some Muay Thai or boxing or ju jitsu lessons and get some self esteem.
are you scared to say no to them,are you not confident of your ability to fight back and defend yourself.
Is your personality passive? To be assertive you dont neeed to be aggressive.

These so called "tough Thais" are not so tough if they go to London,Sydney or New York,believe me theres tougher more evil guys there who would do them like a hot dinner.
Are they calling you bluff?
This morning at 11am I had a guy from the beach,took him to my room,30 minute service not so good,already agreed on 500 baht at the end he demanded a extra 200 baht,tall thai guy,tattoos etc,he sat on the bed refused to move,stood my ground,he got into his aggressive mode,i stood in my assertive mode but i was ready to defend myself if necessary,ihe stood up to me,i stood back to him ready to fight,he backed down,waiied me and left.

What do u do in your own City when strangers,druggies etc walk up to you and ask for money.
Im telling you this because its the truth,jeez mate,dont be a f......n walk over,grow some balls and get some RESILIENCE spend a week in Bangkok or New York,thinking for yourself and being independent instead of relying on other people to hold your hand.
Dont take it the wrong way,I dont want you to get upset but im telling you how I see you,something you dont want to know.
You should try driving a cab in New York City on the nightshift,this will raise your self confidence and resilience im sure.

Please think about seeing a Psychologist for assertiveness/resilience training and im not putting you down only trying to help you.
Where are you,I need 200 baht. :pop:

I AM YOUR GURU

February 16th, 2010, 14:04
{edited by jinks.... Smiles and all - shout about it}
As I take a short break from my hectic day IT consulting in ... dammit, Fuck-Face, where am I this week? ... I can only say to you Beachlover that as you are such a pronounced admirer of the aforesaid Fuck-Face whose attention to detail and truth is non-existent, I thought you wouldn't mind.
-- despite his claims of being an IT consultant and having a deep understanding how the internet works.Your self-confessed fascination with concocting false profiles (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/rather-amusing-from-boygeenyus-t16975.html) is so well-known the obvious conclusion is that this career change you have created for me is represented on some half-forgotten fictitious profile you created at some point in the past and have now confused in your own mind with something else altogether. It's of a parcel with your trawling of the social networking sites to find photographs supposedly of posters that you can then assert really are that person - if only you had the courage to post them. Ah, those Thai libel laws (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/libel-laws-thailand-t17471.html).

February 16th, 2010, 16:44
Let me give you some real facts,

I love business and running businesses.

There are only several races that succeed mostly in business in Thailand.

They are Jewish,Cockney,Scottish and sometimes Russian.
The rest get walked over just as this man has been.

Remember be one step ahead of them ,try to learn Thai,it can be done,believe me,persistance.
There is a Jewish business book you should read on the internet.

PROUD TO BE JEWISH.

Beachlover
February 16th, 2010, 17:16
{edited by jinks.... Smiles and all - shout about it}As I take a short break from my hectic day IT consulting in ... dammit, Fuck-Face, where am I this week? ... I can only say to you Beachlover that as you are such a pronounced admirer of the aforesaid Fuck-Face whose attention to detail and truth is non-existent, I thought you wouldn't mind.

Right...would you mind correcting your post by removing my credits from that quote anyway?

I've no idea who hedda is or what it talks about.

February 16th, 2010, 17:26
Right...would you mind correcting your post by removing my credits from that quote anyway? What's in it for me?

Dodger
February 16th, 2010, 18:10
psychiatrist wrote:

i stood in my assertive mode but i was ready to defend myself if necessary,ihe stood up to me,i stood back to him ready to fight,he backed down,waiied me and left

psychiatrist...

Unless in fact you are a trained undercover CIA agent or special forces martial arts expert - I think your tactics may back-fire on you if you get my drift. Taking a tall tatooed street hustler back to your room and then standing toe-to-toe with him sounds heroic - but what would you have done if he socked you in the mouth and knocked you on your ass? For some reason I just can't see the average 60 y/o beer-bellied farang bouncing off the ground and delivering a flurry of round-house kicks to dazzle their attacker.

I think the best advice for cdmatt is to avoid socializing with the low-life characters on the sois and choose better company. As far as that... "stand your ground" stuff, I'd just avoid situations where that nonsense would even be necessary...so you can remain standing.

Just a tought

Beachlover
February 16th, 2010, 18:23
psychiatrist wrote:

i stood in my assertive mode but i was ready to defend myself if necessary,ihe stood up to me,i stood back to him ready to fight,he backed down,waiied me and left

psychiatrist...

Unless in fact you are a trained undercover CIA agent or special forces martial arts expert - I think your tactics may back-fire on you if you get my drift. Taking a tall tatooed street hustler back to your room and then standing toe-to-toe with him sounds heroic - but what would you have done if he socked you in the mouth and knocked you on your ass? For some reason I just can't see the average 60 y/o beer-bellied farang bouncing off the ground and delivering a flurry of round-house kicks to dazzle their attacker.

I think the best advice for cdmatt is to avoid socializing with the low-life characters on the sois and choose better company. As far as that... "stand your ground" stuff, I'd just avoid situations where that nonsense would even be necessary...so you can remain standing.

Just a tought

He is just taking the piss... a new troll. Look at his other posts.

Brad the Impala
February 16th, 2010, 19:06
Right...would you mind correcting your post by removing my credits from that quote anyway? What's in it for me?

Accuracy?

February 16th, 2010, 19:30

You know BEACHLOVER you are the real troll,you dont have a life,you sit on this board before you leave for work and as soon as you get home.
Now what kind of life does such a person have...........mentally.
Actually im not being nasty to you,Im trying to help you.
Can you not understand you are addicted to this board,you live in one of the greatest Cities in the world,....well it was once I suppose,mind you it s nothing like it used to be.but Sydney is still good,so why do you waste so much of your time here? Are you lonely? There is Fitness First on Oxford street is there not?
You say you live in Sydney Australia,a city I go to on a regular basis,and a lot of Thai boy students there but you sit on this board instead ,and its taking over your life,I think you know this,but you want to feel important,so you continually sit at a computer.
Do u clean your house ?
When im in Sydney I have no trouble meeting Asian boys especially Korean .......all for free,and what are you doing....living in a fantasy world on this gay board.

Why dont you go to Midnight Shift Bar,instead of sitting at your computer,trolling and wasting your life?
But the novelty will wear off..............eventually.......as soon as u get a life,Maybe take a while mind you.
Sydney has a lot of street trade called THE WALL area does it not ,instead of sitting your ass on here why dont you sell it up at The WALL?
Im sure a Asian guy with big thick binoncular spectacles will work a treat.

Thai Dyed
February 16th, 2010, 19:40
[quote=Beachlover]Right...would you mind correcting your post by removing my credits from that quote anyway? What's in it for me?

Accuracy?[/quote:8267sz3v]

You have to pay for accuracy Bradley. It's part of the capitalist way that Beachlover preaches. You guys better be prepared to cross Copper Pheel's palm with silver if you are going to start making these demands.

[attachment=0:8267sz3v]Beachlover.jpg[/attachment:8267sz3v]

February 16th, 2010, 19:43
Re: How do you deal with extortionists?
Author: psychiatrist ┬╗ Tue 16 Feb, 2010 8:30 am

You know BEACHLOVER you are the real troll,you dont have a life,you sit on this board before you leave for work and as soon as you get home.
Now what kind of life does such a person have...........mentally.
You say you live in Sydney Australia,a city I go to on a regular basis,and a lot of Thai boy students there but you sit on this board and its taking over your life,I think you know this,but you want to feel important,so you continually sit at a computer.

Why dont you go to Midnight Shift Bar,instead of sitting at your computer,trolling and wasting your life?

psychiatrist

Beachlover is a SGT icon who has invested a lot of time in the community and contributed enormously to our dialogue. The last thing in the world BL will ever be is a troll. His friends extend throughout the board membership and we all value his insights. While some here take issue with his ubiquitousness, others admire it.

His value to the board is that of a Western-raised Asian. I've always been surprised that he has faced so many of the challenges we caucasians have in his romantic endeavors. A key reason that I love coming here is to see his take on the issues of the day.

After five posts, you should really step back and try to admire the wisdom of others that post here, rather than being so quick to criticize.

jinks
February 16th, 2010, 19:47
After five posts

Using this nome-de-plume :hiding:

February 16th, 2010, 23:15
Using this nome-de-plume

Do you mean gnome-de-plume?

(Sorry, just a pointless addition to what was an interesting but is now the usual pointless thread)

February 16th, 2010, 23:35
Thats ok,gonefishing,i see you are in Pattaya too,it certainly points out that even if you are right in the thick of it ,you still can have such a boring life that you need to post pointless comments on here.
So it means grass is always not greener on the other side.

February 17th, 2010, 01:57
[quote="Brad the Impala":2j1iz16k]Accuracy?You have to pay for accuracy Bradley. It's part of the capitalist way that Beachlover preaches.[/quote:2j1iz16k]Self-interest is the fundamental principle of capitalism is it not? By the way I found a copy of the unofficial biography of Richard Branson who is one of Beachlover's heroes. It paints him less as a captain of industry than one of its buccaneers. Apparently his fortune grew from a VAT tax fraud he ran as his first business venture. And Bill Gates, another Beachlover hero, has a lot of money gained from being a monopolist (a bit like Thaksin Shinawatra, come to think of it).

Thai Dyed
February 17th, 2010, 02:17
By the way I found a copy of the unofficial biography of Richard Branson who is one of Beachlover's heroes. It paints him less as a captain of industry than one of its buccaneers. Apparently his fortune grew from a VAT tax fraud he ran as his first business venture. And Bill Gates, another Beachlover hero, has a lot of money gained from being a monopolist (a bit like Thaksin Shinawatra, come to think of it).

Oh there you go again Copper Pheel. You are going to confuse all these poor buffoons with the facts.

Beachlover
February 17th, 2010, 03:35
You know BEACHLOVER you are the real troll

After five posts, you should really step back and try to admire the wisdom of others that post here, rather than being so quick to criticize.

Something tells me this nut case has been around longer than 5 posts... He's someone who already has or has had a handle but decided to create a new handle to dish out moronic dribble to existing members without tarnishing his primary handle... I can't work out who it is yet though. Here, it's like trying to find a nut case in a mental asylum... or Pattaya lol.

Anyone care to take a punt?

goji
February 17th, 2010, 03:48
i see you are in Pattaya too,it certainly points out that even if you are right in the thick of it ,you still can have such a boring life that you need to post pointless comments on here.
What's the point of this comment?

February 17th, 2010, 04:20
Something tells me this nut case has been around longer than 5 posts... He's someone who already has or has had a handle but decided to create a new handle to dish out moronic dribble to existing members without tarnishing his primary handle... I can't work out who it is yet though. Here, it's like trying to find a nut case in a mental asylum... or Pattaya lol.
Anyone care to take a punt?

With the number of posts he manages to do in a day it won't be long before the forum catches on to his identity!

February 17th, 2010, 04:23
Sounds a bit like Thonglor55.

Irish1972
February 17th, 2010, 04:42
I dunno, one of his posts was very like BBB,

I cant keep up, were you not Thonglor55?

February 17th, 2010, 09:19
I dunno, one of his posts was very like BBB,

I cant keep up, were you not Thonglor55?

Way before my time.

February 18th, 2010, 05:24
Psychiatrist is LMTU, so is Cliffy, Just a moment and probably Cuteboi.
CanтАЩt you tell by the bitter, jealous, sad, nasty (although, this time a little more coherent ramblings). This old cтАФt has got to be the loneliest, most fucked up human on the planet. And for those of you who are wondering. His ravings are not alcohol fuelled or drug induced. What you are seeing is the real deal. A real sociopath.

February 18th, 2010, 06:54
e: How do you deal with extortionists?
Author: sunnyplazawatcher ┬╗ Wed 17 Feb, 2010 6:24 pm

Psychiatrist is LMTU, so is Cliffy, Just a moment and probably Cuteboi.
CanтАЩt you tell by the bitter, jealous, sad, nasty (although, this time a little more coherent ramblings). This old cтАФt has got to be the loneliest, most fucked up human on the planet. And for those of you who are wondering. His ravings are not alcohol fuelled or drug induced. What you are seeing is the real deal. A real sociopath.

I just can't see LMTU being that mean. It sounds like a GF alter ego. The key is the way his first sentence or two is loaded with put down invective. GF's signature is to come roaring out of the gate with high insult as well. Curious and CP are also ones I suspect being GF followers, if not aliases. They always seem to be around when GF surfaces and they always seem to pile on in his attacks or support his points.

I don't think there's any doubt that GF must have other handles here because he doesn't get hardly any support from regular members and I can't see him, ego-wise, accepting that he's a lone wolf here. His ego demands that he create 'followers' if he didn't have real ones.

Impulse
February 18th, 2010, 08:52
No way is the new shrink troll lmtu!! But I cannot be blamed for thinking that Romania and fuck face,aka beach bunny,boy geenuus were one and the same,as romania always has his nose up fuck wads butt almost every post. And they worked together with that idiotic ocean one thread to try to trap Jinks.

February 18th, 2010, 11:08
Yes .Rocket......certainly makes you angry doesnt it..makes your blood boil,makes you wanna shout.........OH..mate,I was going to say keep off the wacky tobacky but now i think you really should be smoking it !
Its only a bloody forum board mate,dont take it seriously you silly old...................young b. b........b....... boofter !

February 18th, 2010, 14:27
Curious and CP are also ones I suspect being GF followers, if not aliases. They always seem to be around when GF surfaces and they always seem to pile on in his attacks or support his points.You heretic, jacklipton. Haven't you read Fuck-Face's ex cathedra (and evidence-free) statement that Curious and I are one and the same? And Fuck-Face should know, after all - he and I are also one and the same. Mind you, I believe Gone Fishing and I both live "in the Pattaya area".

February 18th, 2010, 15:57
Mind you, I believe Gone Fishing and I both live "in the Pattaya area".

If that is true, then certainly you should be well known (in real life) to at least one of our usual Pattaya correspondents. Perhaps one will vouch for your presence there? And your Welsh roots and copper background, while they're at it?

witchhunt
February 18th, 2010, 15:58
I dont think there is anything stupid about a witch hunt. Get back into your booth John and stop being so boring.

February 18th, 2010, 16:09
[quote="Copper Pheel":2ujxj0nt]Mind you, I believe Gone Fishing and I both live "in the Pattaya area".If that is true, then certainly you should be well known (in real life) to at least one of our usual Pattaya correspondents. Perhaps one will vouch for your presence there? And your Welsh roots and copper background, while they're at it?[/quote:2ujxj0nt]As I'm sure one of our many Bangkok correspondents can vouch for you.

February 18th, 2010, 16:11
[quote="Fuck-Face":2k2mxizw][quote="Copper Pheel":2k2mxizw]Mind you, I believe Gone Fishing and I both live "in the Pattaya area".If that is true, then certainly you should be well known (in real life) to at least one of our usual Pattaya correspondents. Perhaps one will vouch for your presence there? And your Welsh roots and copper background, while they're at it?[/quote:2k2mxizw]As I'm sure one of our many Bangkok correspondents can vouch for you.[/quote:2k2mxizw]

Such as?

Impulse
February 19th, 2010, 03:43
WHY ON EARTH IS SO MANY WORRIED WHO IS WRITING THE POST Ok lmtu,you don't have to shout at us.

whitemouse
September 17th, 2017, 23:47

No, it has never happen to me, and I've stayed in Pattaya every winter for past 10 years.
In yout next post in this thread you are telling people:
' that's just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on for pages, and pages, just like I'm sure many people on this board could too.
This is one fucked up city, that's for sure.'

Most of your bullshit stories are harmless fun, but to describe Pattaya as some sort extertonist heaven may scare away people who happen to read your fiction. People do research before visiting and even retiring here, your fantasies may affect someone's life decisions.

arsenal
September 18th, 2017, 00:23
Until very recently I considered Matt's stories to be harmless and actually I've enjoyed participating in them, especially the recent 'Escape to Victory' yarn. I thought a447s slight obsession was perhaps a little over zealous and unnecessary. However, having read Matt's post above that whitemouse has resurrected I have to change my mind. It's a dark, unpleasant and slightly psychotic thing to write on a message board mainly dedicated to ageing men having it away with young male prostitutes and telling stories of said encounters.

Shame on you CD Matt.It's probably time to leave now and come back as someone else. Further contributions to this board from you are utterly pointless.

Oliver
September 18th, 2017, 14:29
Twenty years of visits to Pattaya and hundreds of encounters, and not a single instance of unpleasantness of that nature.

a447
September 18th, 2017, 15:21
I don't have an obsession, slight or otherwise, with "matt" but maybe I do have an obsession with wanting stories to have at least some semblance of the truth or to be somehow believable. As we are a small group of people in a 'gated community' - we have to register before we post - I don't think that is too much to ask.

On an open forum where hundreds of people post their shit, I couldn't care less.

As a lot more people read the forum than actually post, I think we have a responsibility to describe Thailand to them exactly how it is; we can post our fantasies somewhere else, but not here. Afterall, many come here seeking information before they travel.

We do a disservice to potential visitors by posting false information.

...a little over zealous and unnecessary.

I don't think so. Maybe I just happened to call "matt" out earlier than some others - as I also did with Latin.

FarangRuMak
September 18th, 2017, 16:03
There should be some icon/device/alert warning especially for hungover people that our confusion is because the topic is a resurrected corpse.
This one 7 years. Tempus Fugit.

Oliver
September 18th, 2017, 17:15
Old posts on interesting issues are preferable to ones on fisting. And anyway, who remembers posts from 2010?

latintopxxx
September 18th, 2017, 19:04
I have 2 approaches to unreasonable demands..first I will smile and laugh lightly and let them know that Im not interested in their game and walk away ...if they persist or try to impede me..them I go completely native and loud and angry...i can draw a crowd which works to my advantage...
This has happened on more than one occasion where I off a grindr MB then he wants a repeat the next day..or wants to sit next to me on the beach like we are lovers...

scottish-guy
September 19th, 2017, 17:52
My main interest in this resurrected thread is that I've noticed a comment from me appears on Page 7 (and there may be more as I haven't read through the entire thread).

That's 3 years before I officially joined the board (see avatar opposite) - so the Fat Cunt didn't actually manage to erase all traces of me after all!

:yahoo_mini:

Moses
September 19th, 2017, 19:17
so the Fat Cunt didn't actually manage to erase all traces of me after all! :yahoo_mini:

Here was 2 crashes and 2 conversions from one format to another at local database (since 2009 when I joined this board), some deletes been not a "hand made", but technical issues... some my post from past time also are marked as a "Guest" as well

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 03:41
scotty...officialy joined the board??..how else can u join??? is it like being a little bit pregnant?? or is this one of those scottish haggis pole throwing things??

scottish-guy
September 20th, 2017, 05:42
"Officially joined" simply refers to the fact that the date indicated next to my avatar disguises the fact that I had already been a member for a number of years before that - until the Fat Cunt banned me.

Kinda thought you'd understand that - I'm sure anybody else would.

Of course I was invited to (re) join the board - you just turned up like an unwelcome fart

:D

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 17:04
fart...there u go again with the scat thing...

scottish-guy
September 20th, 2017, 17:09
If you can't tell the difference between a fart and a shit then I fear your local Washee-Washee launderette will be inviting you to take your business elsewhere

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 19:36
u use a launderette...how common...what do u live in?? a cardboard box under a bridge??? FYI my 3 bedroomed apartment has a top loading washing machine and a dryer. Do u really think I want my clothes washed with that of the hoi polloi...horror of horrors...imagine the skin conditions Id pick up.

a447
September 20th, 2017, 19:44
FYI my 3 bedroomed apartment has a top loading washing machine and a dryer.

What brand?

In your case, it would have to be Smeg, wouldn't it?

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 19:46
what a strange and personal question...what r we...friends??

scottish-guy
September 20th, 2017, 19:47
Yes, actually I do use a launderette and for a reasonable cost they return my clothes all neatly ironed and hung up on hangers, ready to be stored in my wardrobes.

This is despite having a washing machine and tumble drier - I simply despise ironing

Hate to burst your bubble my dear Rabbi, but washing your own smalls is what's common

joe552
September 20th, 2017, 20:05
Well, my smalls aren't small! Despite being only 8 stone (in old money) I need to have extra large boxers. And that's my fantasy for the day.