PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day at manhattan

lonelywombat
February 10th, 2010, 14:54
I received this too late for my friends who wanted a night like this. But for those in Pattaya who feel inclined a interesting night out for Valentines Day
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[attachment=0:12e484nb]happyvalentinesday.jpg[/attachment:12e484nb]

Join us for the most romantic night of the year and show the one you love, just how much you care.

Manhattans Restaurant was conceived with love in mind. There is no finer place in Pattaya to enjoy that wonderful spark of romance that gives life its meaning.

A candlelit dinner in sensual, luxuriant surroundings is the perfect formula for the mysterious chemistry of attraction.

Our Executive Chef , Steve Manning has created a sumptuous meal for this most special of evenings

What better way to share Valentine's Day than to enjoy great food prepared with love? For an evening of pure romance that you will never forget, join us here at Manhattans.

Sunday 14th February
Valentines Special a la Carte Menu

Appetizers

┬Х Smoked Scottish salmon with dill & mustard cr├иme fraiche 325

┬Х Fresh Australian mussels steamed with tomatoes fennel & white wine 345

┬Х Terrine of foie gras with Sauternes jelly & toasted brioche 595

┬Х St. Daniele ham with sliced pear ricotta cheese and olives 295

┬Х Bacon wrapped shrimps with our sweet & tangy barbeque sauce 375

┬Х Cream of leek & potato soup with shaved black truffles 260

┬Х Iceberg wedge salad with bacon & blue cheese dressing 295

┬Х Seared scallops in the shell on a mildly spiced Som Tum salad & a Thai herb emulsion 285

Main course

┬Х 230gr Wagyu tenderloin with saut├йed mushrooms & port wine sauce 1200

┬Х 250gr Canadian rib eye ~ red wine mushroom, or peppercorn & brandy sauce 850

┬Х 200gr Angus sirloin ~ red wine & mushroom, or peppercorn & brandy sauce 725

┬Х Mixed grill ~ Angus tenderloin, Australian lamb chop & King prawn 795

┬Х Roasted breast of French duck with pan juices & a spiced apple puree 895

┬Х Australian lamb rump braised with Merlot & minted broad beans 795

┬Х Grilled escalope of chicken, Mediterranean vegetables & pesto sauce 655

┬Х Fillet of Tasmanian salmon on Nicoise salad with lemon and basil 695

┬Х Pan fried snow fish, ginger braised leeks & saffron sauce 725

┬Х Grilled king prawns with two sauces ~ Thai spicy & sweet & tangy barbeque 695

All served with fresh vegetables or a side salad &choice of potatoes

(Thai food selection also available}

Dessert

┬Х A selection of desserts, homemade ice cream or farmhouse cheese

Coffee & Valentine chocolates

I look forward to welcoming you then.
Hugh
Manager
Manhattans

PHONE 038 259 790 WEB MANHATTANS-PATTAYA.COM
DISCOVER US AT NIRVANA PLACE, THAPPRAYA ROAD, JOMTIEN

February 10th, 2010, 15:02
Valentines Day is also known as Singles Awareness day - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singles_Awareness_Day

February 10th, 2010, 18:51
Poofs welcome again?

... then the menu should include
Cold Tongue & Sour Grapes
Humble Pie
Fresh Fruit Surprise

no thanks :thebirdman:

cdnmatt
February 10th, 2010, 19:11
Oh christ, he just had his birthday a few weeks ago, now I have to go through all this stuff again? Hmm... shhh... maybe he doesn't even know what Valentine's Day is yet. Let's hope nobody has told him. :-)

Oh well, at least he's cheap. No 1200 baht steaks for him. He'd be petrified at a place like that. Off we go to the 109 baht per person Thai BBQ place, then finish it up with some Thai whiskey at 80 baht a bottle. It's great, the most expensive part of the night is the big teddy bear and some roses. He gets taken out like that, he thinks he's in heaven. I love it.

Beachlover
February 11th, 2010, 02:22
LMTUUUUuuuuu!

Beachlover
February 11th, 2010, 02:23
the most expensive part of the night is the big teddy bear and some roses.

Cute

cdnmatt
February 11th, 2010, 02:54

Cute

heh, him and his fucken teddies. He packs the things all over the bloody country. You should see him... I don't know if it's sad, or adorable.

We'll be packed up, and wandering around with our bags to wherever we're going. In one hand he'll have his small bag of clothes, and in the other hand a bunch of plastic bags with 4 or 5 stuffed animals in them. And the best part is, there's absolutely no hesitation about it on his end. He doesn't even know to be self-conscience about packing around stuffed animals like that. He just knows he likes them, they're coming with him, and that's the end of it. :-)

Again, I don't know if that's sad or adorable, but I know he just needs to be loved, so I'll go with adorable for now. :) Fucken mama shot him out of the house when he was 10, and sent him off to make some money, so can't blame him too much.

colmx
February 11th, 2010, 03:03

Cute

Agree!
My BF was the same... Until the deadly Chihuahuas arrived...
<--------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------->

Now poor Roger, Champ, John, Piggy etc are all locked up in the wardrobe for their own safety!

Beachlover
February 11th, 2010, 03:08
Heads up if you ever get a dog then Matt....

Beachlover
February 11th, 2010, 03:13

Cute

heh, him and his fucken teddies. He packs the things all over the bloody country. You should see him... I don't know if it's sad, or adorable.

We'll be packed up, and wandering around with our bags to wherever we're going. In one hand he'll have his small bag of clothes, and in the other hand a bunch of plastic bags with 4 or 5 stuffed animals in them. And the best part is, there's absolutely no hesitation about it on his end. He doesn't even know to be self-conscience about packing around stuffed animals like that. He just knows he likes them, they're coming with him, and that's the end of it. :-)

Again, I don't know if that's sad or adorable, but I know he just needs to be loved, so I'll go with adorable for now. :) Fucken mama shot him out of the house when he was 10, and sent him off to make some money, so can't blame him too much.

lol... strange habits. Maybe he is seeking comfort and finds it in those teddies when you are not around. Being sent off at 10 would do some things to your head.

lonelywombat
February 11th, 2010, 04:36
"I received this too late for my friends who wanted a night like this"
they are looking for similar to} Manhattan, Royal Cliff, Brunos you get the picture.

What a strange thing to say, as I was reading your original post, where you said you told your friends about all the options given to you in the thread and MANHATTANS was included, did you not give any of the options to these people Mr. Wombat. Or were they fantasy, I know as ill be there soon, and was amazed at all the wonderful options to eat at such a range of prices. We can go to.get the picture.
One minute they are ringing around, now they know nothing about it.
gay-thailand-f9/trolly-dolly-and-coming-for-valentines-day-specials-t19038-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/trolly-dolly-and-coming-for-valentines-day-specials-t19038-15.html)

They followed the thread here on Manhattan and were turned off it by the over the top promotion by a former member. Their comment to me later was that any restaurant that allowed such promotion is likely to be in trouble and they did not want to take the risk of disappointment. Their budget of 15,000baht to allow for the high cost of wine , may not be missed by Manhattan but too many feeling the same way, could hurt.

February 11th, 2010, 14:38
the most expensive part of the night is the big teddy bear ...You can use the teddy bear to wipe up the blood if the sex becomes too violent.

February 11th, 2010, 16:35
Come on Spike, sort LMTU out again before he starts rambling again!

February 11th, 2010, 20:55
Sanook my love I fear your continued march down enema lane has flushed out the last remnants of your brain....With great sadness I know now I must move on. :love4: Here's looking at you kid!

Bye, bye and take your friend back with you to the funny farm will you and give us all a rest!

cdnmatt
February 11th, 2010, 21:21
Bye, bye and take your friend back with you to the funny farm will you and give us all a rest!

If you think it's bad now, just wait until LTMU's pension money comes in this month, and he has some extra money for more drugs. Then we'll get to hear about all the "scoops" and "best known secrets" again.

heh, best known secret... some popular restaurant right in the middle of an established gay area. heh...

TrongpaiExpat
February 12th, 2010, 11:42

Over at GayThailand, having crawled up the ass of the site owner, whom seems to actually like him, he enjoys quite a bit of protection. He's shouting his usual "anyone that can catch me out with a lie" has to buy him dinner or something? Is it possible he does not know the meaning of the word? Posters are admonished not to question his obnoxious and often made up posts. He should stay over there and enjoy his special status. Once banned there too but allowed to return as some sort of special protected poster. GT does not seem to realize that he'll destroy that board.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5118-payless-and-heygays-discussion/

If there comes a time that a mod or board owner decides to call me a "fucking nut" for taking up an issue with LMTU, then just cancel my membership.

Patexpat
February 12th, 2010, 14:29
[quote="just a moment":2ii6mx4t]"I received this too late for my friends who wanted a night like this"
they are looking for similar to} Manhattan, Royal Cliff, Brunos you get the picture.

What a strange thing to say, as I was reading your original post, where you said you told your friends about all the options given to you in the thread and MANHATTANS was included, did you not give any of the options to these people Mr. Wombat. Or were they fantasy, I know as ill be there soon, and was amazed at all the wonderful options to eat at such a range of prices. We can go to.get the picture.
One minute they are ringing around, now they know nothing about it.
gay-thailand-f9/trolly-dolly-and-coming-for-valentines-day-specials-t19038-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/trolly-dolly-and-coming-for-valentines-day-specials-t19038-15.html)

They followed the thread here on Manhattan and were turned off it by the over the top promotion by a former member. Their comment to me later was that any restaurant that allowed such promotion is likely to be in trouble and they did not want to take the risk of disappointment. Their budget of 15,000baht to allow for the high cost of wine , may not be missed by Manhattan but too many feeling the same way, could hurt.

Do you think we are all fools Sir, as if any one is bothered about posters writing about a restaurants............. YOU KNOW ITS GOOD, YOU CAN ADVISE THEM . 15000 BAHT FOR 2 SHEAR FANTACY. I HAVE HAD WONDERFUL WINE THERE AND THE BILL IS ONLY 3500. Better still at Royal Cliff Grill Room. I think your full of Bull Shit by the sound of it.[/quote:2ii6mx4t]

MODS!!!! HE"S BACK!!!!

Geezer
February 12th, 2010, 16:05

It has metastasized.

We have been here so many times before.

The camelтАЩs nose is in the tent. How long until its odious ass is too?

Beachlover
February 12th, 2010, 17:08
LMTUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUU!