PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Supermarket?

Richsilver
February 9th, 2010, 16:39
Walking through the Jomtien Complex this morning, I noticed the work was still going on (it's been several days now) in the large building next to the Venue. I asked one of the workers there and he told me it was going to be a supermarket. He wasn't sure what name.

Good news (if true) for us residents of Jomtien.

zinzone
February 9th, 2010, 17:15
Walking through the Jomtien Complex this morning, I noticed the work was still going on (it's been several days now) in the large building next to the Venue. I asked one of the workers there and he told me it was going to be a supermarket. He wasn't sure what name.

Excuse me, but is Jomtien such a barren oasis that you need to celebrate the opening of a supermarket?
-Seems to me that anyone who is anyone would not choose to live in that dreary wasteland.

:laughing3:

February 9th, 2010, 17:21

Excuse me, but is Jomtien such a barren oasis that you need to celebrate the opening of a supermarket?
-Seems to me that anyone who is anyone would not choose to live in that dreary wasteland.

He might well be using a zimmer frame........

February 9th, 2010, 18:27
BREAKING NEWS: There's a colostomy bag drop-in centre opening next month.

I hear Madam Karen will cut the ribbon.

allieb
February 9th, 2010, 18:44

Sorry Scott, Maisie Trollette has been promised the job. Here she is out of drag, perhaps one of the colostomy bags over her head will help

February 9th, 2010, 19:06
..... perhaps one of the colostomy bags over her head will help

A full one emptied over the head would make a definite improvement.

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Surfcrest
February 9th, 2010, 19:15

Do tell us what beautiful neighbourhood in Thailand you are coming from so we can be in awe.

TrongpaiExpat
February 9th, 2010, 19:41

Sorry Scott, Maisie Trollette has been promised the job. Here she is out of drag, perhaps one of the colostomy bags over her head will help

If you don't mind me asking, what's the reason you hate David Raven? Have you met him and then developed this dislike? Are your feeling based on his photo only? His performance? Perhaps you just hate old British men that dress and perform in drag but if you never actually met the man, don't you think that having such negative feeling about him is just a little strange?

February 9th, 2010, 20:27
Jomtien is a wonderful area, far more livable than any part of Pattaya. The complex should never have become the eyesore it did. Plans originally were for a supermarket to anchor the garage structure at ground level. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tops or Villa Markets move in to serve the upscale populace of all the View Talays.

The future of Pattaya as a neighborhood of regular folks is probably Jomtien, so I wouldn't be surprised if a frontline market moves in.

I just hope Foodmart Boy doesn't lose his job because it does happen :-(

allieb
February 9th, 2010, 20:34

If you don't mind me asking, what's the reason you hate David Raven? Have you met him and then developed this dislike? Are your feeling based on his photo only? His performance? Perhaps you just hate old British men that dress and perform in drag but if you never actually met the man, don't you think that having such negative feeling about him is just a little strange?

I have met him on several ocasions, first when he was with Jimmy Trollette. Jimmy carried Maisie who was a vulgar foul mouthed clown like drag queen. He wasn't so old then, so its not about being old. He got cheap laughs out of insulting people in the audience calling people cunts and so on.Jimmy eventually left him and the both became solo acts David still played the vulgar card whilst Jimmy was more refined played the piano and sung

I dont hate him I just dont like his act, I think he is a vulgar old queen who should give up and give us all a break. We come to Thailand and see beautiful young Thai boys dressed up as ladies to perfection. I just wish David Raven would keep his act for the south London pubs and just go to Thailand on holiday and stay of the stage.

February 9th, 2010, 21:07
.... cheap laughs out of insulting people in the audience calling people cunts and so on...

This just about sums up the sort of pub-level drag acts to be seen in the UK.

Lots of gay men have always been willing to pay good money to be degraded - either from the stage or in private!

:hello1: :hello1:

Thai Dyed
February 9th, 2010, 22:59
...the upscale populace of all the View Talays.

The future of Pattaya as a neighborhood of regular folks is probably Jomtien...

By that I assume you mean to say that we can expect to see more NORMAL GAYS? OMG!

[attachment=0:10howhg1]Normal Gays move to Jomtien.jpg[/attachment:10howhg1]

krobbie
February 10th, 2010, 00:16
I am afraid I am another who enjoys Jomtien over Pattaya. Just seems more laid back and a lot less frantic.

... and no, I do not have a Zimmer frame or colostomy bag or any of the other paraphernalia here mentioned.

February 10th, 2010, 00:18
Zinzone,scottish-guy, Allieb
Please stay away from Jomtien Complex and enjoy other venues more to your taste.

February 10th, 2010, 01:14
Please stay away from Jomtien Complex and enjoy other venues more to your taste.

I can't speak for zinzone or allieb but I already do precisely as you suggest - I can count the number of times I have been in the Jomtien Complex on the fingers of one hand as I find nothing there of interest at all.

However, I reserve the right to make whatever comments I see fit - just as it is your entitlement to do likewise.

:hello1: :hello1:

zinzone
February 10th, 2010, 02:46

-My dear I would rather be in Haiti then in Jomtien Complex!

allieb
February 10th, 2010, 03:47

Meanwhile you can buy Maisie a gin and tonic and gaze at her with envy

CoffeeBreak
February 10th, 2010, 09:10

Q: What is the difference between Jomtien Complex and Haiti?

A: They are still pulling them out alive in Haiti!

Boom! Boom!

Surfcrest
February 10th, 2010, 11:09

No one here's been to Haiti lately to know what you are talking about.

I've been in the twin towers for several years now and (with the excepton of the View Talay 7 affair) I love it here. :sunny:

cdnmatt
February 10th, 2010, 12:58
Man, do some of you guys ever act like childish little kids.

Grow up...

February 10th, 2010, 14:36
childish little kids.You prefer mature little kids do you?

Beachlover
February 10th, 2010, 18:34
Jack's been drooling over this boy for a long time now... you'd better not be leading him on lol.

February 10th, 2010, 20:10
Like anything else, if you don't ask you don't get! Just use a little diplomacy with the way you approach a guy. Thais, I would say more so than other races, love to be flattered and take most things in their stride as long as it is not insulting.

cdnmatt
February 10th, 2010, 20:13
Thais, I would say more so than other races, love to be flattered and take most things in their stride as long as it is not insulting.

I agree! Try hitting on a Hungarian taxi driver, and holy shit, they get mad.

February 10th, 2010, 20:16

Ha-ha and thank goodness there are not too many of them driving taxis in LOS!

February 10th, 2010, 21:29
Like anything else, if you don't ask you don't get! Just use a little diplomacy with the way you approach a guy. Thais, I would say more so than other races, love to be flattered and take most things in their stride as long as it is not insulting.

The thing I find disturbing is that so many of the posters on this board appear to think that every guy must be available for sex without making even the most basic attempt to establish any rappor with him. As you say the way you approach people is important, the first impression you create is going determine how the guy or girl relates to you.

And with 'boy-wonder' from Jomtien there was no mention of money before we went to the hotel nor from him as he left.

Actually that is exactly what I meant, one needs to converse with the guy and see where it goes from there. A little flattery goes a long way, but just don't expect every Thai to want to jump on board if you get my meaning!

Beachlover
February 11th, 2010, 02:16
Thais, I would say more so than other races, love to be flattered and take most things in their stride as long as it is not insulting.

Hehehe... that is hilarious to imagine.

Beachlover
February 11th, 2010, 02:18
The thing is... if you approach a Thai guy under the assumption that he is available and easy hook... if you come across this way, it is a bit insulting.

So, like Romania said... do as you normally would... build rapport and charm him :-)

February 11th, 2010, 04:17
Jack's been drooling over this boy for a long time now... you'd better not be leading him on lol.

I saw Jack leaving the pharmacy with a large bottle of Chloroform yesterday...

<titter>

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

February 11th, 2010, 18:39
Re: Jomtien Supermarket?
Author: romania ┬╗ Wed 10 Feb, 2010 4:51 am

jacklipton wrote:

I just hope Foodmart Boy doesn't lose his job because it does happen :-(

If the boy you are refering to is the shorter of the two boys working there then I can assure you that a few days before Christmas after he had finished his shift he certainly displayed other talents in a hotel room that will stand him in good stead

romania

Wow...I make my return to Jomtien in about a week and it appears that good fortune has shined on my if you aren't bullshitting...that guy is, at least for me, the cutest guy in Jomtien.

Here we go again... (SORRY LW...at least it's a Jomtien Supermarket thread! lol)