PDA

View Full Version : Any good GoGo Bar worth visit in Chiang Mai and Pattaya ?

February 9th, 2010, 10:59
Okay, I am a decent looking 28 years old on my 2nd visit to the LOS, the last time I was there, I only stayed in the capital city, Bangkok. So, on this visit I would like to exploring Chiang Mai and Pattaya. What type of bar am I looking for ? Well, I am into muscular or at least in shape boy well under 30 years old, but over 18 of course. Chinese looking or light skin is a BIG plus. Any place you guy might recommend ? Thanks.

Beachlover
February 9th, 2010, 19:46
Where about are you from?... out of curiosity.

Never explored the gay life in Chiang Mai myself... but heard Mandalay is a good club. Kind of like (but very different to) DJ Station in Bangkok.

Boys from Chiang Mai and surrounding areas are very cute.

February 9th, 2010, 20:19
ny good GoGo Bar worth visit in Chiang Mai and Pattaya ?
Author: PanameraS ┬╗ Mon 8 Feb, 2010 11:59 pm

Okay, I am a decent looking 28 years old on my 2nd visit to the LOS, the last time I was there, I only stayed in the capital city, Bangkok. So, on this visit I would like to exploring Chiang Mai and Pattaya. What type of bar am I looking for ? Well, I am into muscular or at least in shape boy well under 30 years old, but over 18 of course. Chinese looking or light skin is a BIG plus. Any place you guy might recommend ? Thanks.

Well...

I suggest Pattaya first, so you can get the full exposure of Boyztown and Sunee out of your system. Then CM would follow, with a focus on visiting all the massage places, especially River, Mai Mai and Gemini (which is SO hard to see because of their tiny font on their sign but was my favorite).

In Pattaya, just peruse the usual joints and you'll figure out what you like best. In CM, do afternoon massages and if nothing develops there move on in the evening to all the usual go go/off bars.

Since you're under 70 years old you'll have ++no problem++ with service.

February 9th, 2010, 20:26
Well, Jack ! I'm crushed. You are saying that I've only got six good months left before my 70th birthday in August. O woe is me !

Actually, Jack's suggestion of starting off by getting Boyztown and Sunee out of your system is a very good idea. You might never get around to CM, or it might be a great place to recover from the excesses of the Eastern seaboard.

A decent looking 28 year old - that was me a couple of centuries ago.

Good luck.

February 9th, 2010, 21:11
...You are saying that I've only got six good months left before my 70th birthday in August. O woe is me !

Nothing to worry about Bob - all that happens when you reach 70 is that the short-time price increases by 50B.

Well that's what Jack told me he charges anyway!

:hello1: :hello1:

February 9th, 2010, 22:39
Thanks for the reassurance, Scotty. :crybaby:

paulfort
February 10th, 2010, 02:38
If your in to the more muscular type, I would avoid Sunee plaza are where they are more fem, small & sometimes probably under age.
Check out the main Boyz Town bars especialy Wild West, Copa & Boyz Boyz Boyz they all have a good range of better built guys. During the day you could also try out Jomtian beach (the gay beach) a lot of the well built guys enjoy hanging arround there and are generaly very keen talk etc.......
Some of the Muay Thai boxing bars on Beach Road can be good fun, the fighters come to any western guests (or probably anyone who could be a tourist!) after each fight, in the hope of a tip, I have ended up then chatting and getting to know a great young fighter on a previous visit.
Later at night a lot of the boys who have not found a new "friend" for the evening head to some of the late night clubs, you also find a lot of the more athletic dancers in these places are pretty availible! The clubs appear to change every time I visit, Hollywood used to be good, last time I was there Dude was OK as was X Ray, the free gay mags offer pleanty of info, as do loads of other postings on this site.
Dont know Chiang Mai, but pretty certain you will find what your looking for in Pattaya - enjoy!

February 10th, 2010, 18:41
Wow, I didn't know that there is more than a couple of gogo bar in Chiang Mai ! Do they get busy around late April to early May ?

chillnorth
February 12th, 2010, 18:23
Do they get busy around late April to early May ?

You'll have fun wherever you go, but it's difficult to process a comparison between the scenes in Pattaya and Chiang Mai. After Songkran to early May is not the best time to visit Chiang Mai for the first time imo. Given your age I'd make sure the universities are in session when planning a visit and they may not be at that time of the season. At least in Pattaya you can get to the beach and away from the godawful heat-- somewhat.

Impulse
February 13th, 2010, 03:25
At least in Pattaya you can get to the beach and away from the godawful heat-- somewhat. Isnt it cooler in Chiang Mai than Pattaya becuase its so much further north?Or because theres no breeze its stifling hot?

cdnmatt
February 13th, 2010, 03:36
At least in Pattaya you can get to the beach and away from the godawful heat-- somewhat. Isnt it cooler in Chiang Mai than Pattaya becuase its so much further north?Or because theres no breeze its stifling hot?

Yes, Chiang Mai is cooler that Pattaya, mainly due to the elevation. It's quite a bit higher up than Pattaya.

chillnorth
February 13th, 2010, 07:01
Chiang Mai is indeed pleasantly cooler much of the time, especially starting in December and well into February (though we're at the beginning of the burning season now and the air will deteriorate for a while). April it can easily hit upwards of 38-40 with high humidity and little or no benefit of breeze. Most of my Thai friends who can escape to the beach do so in the period between Songkran and the first rains in May. Which is not to say the place is empty. But do expect to sweat for the wrong reasons.

chillnorth
February 17th, 2010, 12:19
Do you mean those guys aren't really "students"? Next you'll be telling me they aren't really gay. :tard:

Good point and thank you... I was going with the self-described 28 and not bad-looking and overlooked that he was actually in the market rather than just looking to connect.

Beachlover
February 17th, 2010, 18:13
I heard Mandalay is the biggest gay club in Chiang Mai... good place to meet local Thai boys. I have never been there though.