PDA

View Full Version : you have to trespass to see this bay

lonelywombat
February 9th, 2010, 07:45
The Royal Thai Airforce Base has to be trespassed, in order to get to Ao Manao, the picturesque bay on the Gulf of Thailand. At least, when entering the bay from Prachuab Kiri Khan, the geographically elongated Province just North of the Isthmus of Kra. Thailand's land mass is here very thin on a map, it stretches only a few Kilometers between Burma and the Gulf coast. The Province's northern end at Hua Hin is far, but the beach quality in the Province in general is above average for Thai beaches! Fighter jets are stationed here, RTAF Airwings 5 and 53 have a home here.

Found this site whilst googling something else. Quite a number of pics. Looks interesting for those who want to get off the beaten track yet stay close to the beach

http://blog.siampedia.org/?p=2382

Smiles
February 9th, 2010, 09:04
Going into Manoa through the base is not trespassing. The road is fully open to the public ... though I suppose you might be stopped for questioning if you had a ground-to-air missile mounted on the car roof.

February 9th, 2010, 09:55
As Smiles said, its not trespassing. Its fully open to the public and no-one bothers to check you going in or out, and there are plenty of signposts poiting to Ao Minao. Beautiful place and its nice the Navy opened it up (been open for some years). We parked up by the runway and were not challenged.

February 11th, 2010, 01:46
We visted Ao Manao the Christmas before last and had a beautiful bay to ourselves. I enjoyed some swimming and then went for a long walk around the surrounding headlands while my boyfriend sat in the shade and waited for my return. I would have gone back this Christmas but my boyfriend wasn't well enough.