PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Drummond's Blog

Brad the Impala
February 8th, 2010, 05:13
While containing some previously widely available information, this blog is an entertaining read about the shady dealings and dealers of Gay Pattaya.

I particularly like the undischarged British bankrupt, apparently with no assets, except that he appears to own bars and a large house, on the outside of which he displays the photo and contact details of a high ranking Thai police officer, in case of emergency!

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/02/06/on-her-majestys-pattaya-service-continued/

Smiles
February 8th, 2010, 08:59
Nice cast of characters:

Lenny тАШThe LoonтАЩ Poole (possibly deceased)[/*:m:30ssuqu8]
LennyтАЩs widow тАШLindaтАЩ, aka тАШLoopyтАЩ[/*:m:30ssuqu8]
The Gay McMafia in general [/*:m:30ssuqu8]
Peter 'The Toreador' Storrow[/*:m:30ssuqu8]
The entire staff of the British Embassy[/*:m:30ssuqu8]
Glen 'Cleo' Campbell[/*:m:30ssuqu8]
Various other deceased personages[/*:m:30ssuqu8]

Interesting read, though a lot of the stuff at the bottom is pretty old. A little surprised that Drummond is such a poor technical writer. His occupation is 'Journalist' but by his prose, one would never know it.

Good reading for our dear Beachlover who seems simply aghast and/or dumbfounded at every turn, at every idiosyncrasy which Thailand throws at him.

February 8th, 2010, 09:30
Smile, you've given me a great idea. A cast of characters for a pantomine at the next "Boyztown Private Gay Pride Boost My Ego Festival". Or is that already running?

Beachlover
February 8th, 2010, 10:48
Nice cast of characters:

Lenny тАШThe LoonтАЩ Poole (possibly deceased)[/*:m:1huxppol]
LennyтАЩs widow тАШLindaтАЩ, aka тАШLoopyтАЩ[/*:m:1huxppol]
The Gay McMafia in general [/*:m:1huxppol]
Peter 'The Toreador' Storrow[/*:m:1huxppol]
The entire staff of the British Embassy[/*:m:1huxppol]
Glen 'Cleo' Campbell[/*:m:1huxppol]
Various other deceased personages[/*:m:1huxppol]

Interesting read, though a lot of the stuff at the bottom is pretty old. A little surprised that Drummond is such a poor technical writer. His occupation is 'Journalist' but by his prose, one would never know it.

Good reading for our dear Beachlover who seems simply aghast and/or dumbfounded at every turn, at every idiosyncrasy which Thailand throws at him.

Not aghast.... Just curious. It's part of the learning process you know?

What dumbfounded me growing up in the West is how my own parents can be pretty corrupt and dishonest... and think it's perfectly acceptable and normal... nothing wrong with it. Now I see where they get these values from... Asia... where everyone is clambering to get over each other.

I already read this article one sometime ago... what a mess. The only bit that saddened me was the death of Ian MacDonald, regardless of whether there was foul play... he was just 27... damn.

All of Drummond's articles on the site have lots of spelling/grammar errors... but he's probably used to sending stuff off to editors who fix it for him. He just belts it out and someone else cleans it up.

Patexpat
February 8th, 2010, 11:48
and lets not forget that Drummond's sensationalist style of writing has lost him at least one Thai libel case ..... pinch of salt needed here!

February 8th, 2010, 15:26
and lets not forget that Drummond's sensationalist style of writing has lost him at least one Thai libel case ..... pinch of salt needed here!
Ah yes the libel case, didn't he appeal the 6 months prison sentence. Mmmm . . . I wonder how he got on with that

allieb
February 8th, 2010, 15:50
After reading this article, I could only think of the old saying "there's no smoke without fire" Pun intended

allieb
February 8th, 2010, 15:58
Maisie better be careful who she's mixing with

February 8th, 2010, 17:05
The only bit that saddened me was the death of Ian MacDonald, regardless of whether there was foul play... he was just 27... damn.

The picture of Iain is a gem, one can just imagine this radiant 27 year old who looked so happy with his life thinking "I must not forget to draw up my will and leave all my money and company shares to my lovely business partners boyfriend. In fact beingjust 27 I better do it within the next few days as you just never know what might happen!"

Beachlover
February 8th, 2010, 18:16
Part of me looks at these people in the pictures above and thinks if they did that (murdered Ian) then... christ... what animals.

February 8th, 2010, 19:02

Ah yes the libel case, didn't he appeal the 6 months prison sentence. Mmmm . . . I wonder how he got on with that

Andrew Drummond was only convicted of naming the two in his original article, when the Judge conluded that they "had been damaged". He was not convicted on what he actually wrote about in the said article. Thailands libal laws can be a bit obscure to say the least. The original conviction is still in Appeal, and still has to be ruled on.

Kevin Quill was sued, or at least they tried to sue him on false allegation charges. That was thrown out of court. They took that to appeal and as K.Q. never responded it was again thrown out, so they could not go any further with it.