PDA

View Full Version : Gay Pride Melbourne When are Thailand's marches?

lonelywombat
February 7th, 2010, 12:58
To keep this in gaythailand forum my first point is how would Pattaya get the chief Commissioner of Police in uniform marching with his gay officers as we have had for the last 5 maybe 6 years.

Politicians from all sides and levels , an amazing number of kids with parents and an absolutely fabulous 29C sunny day, The beach is crowded, the pubs are full, restaurants booked out, the after party is starting, the saunas are filling, I have never seen so many young hunks in the one spot. OMG is this Heaven.

When is gay pride in Pattaya???????? Bangkok? Chiang Mai?
Did I read somewhere that Phuket is having theirs this month?

The press usually publish pics of outrageous drag queens, if there are any and I doubt it good pics, I will post.

February 7th, 2010, 13:16
To keep this in gaythailand forum my first point is how would Pattaya get the chief Commissioner of Police in uniform marching with his gay officers as we have had for the last 5 maybe 6 years.More irrelevant over-reaching. Did your trolley-dolly drama queen misinformant from Quaint-arse march??

Thai Dyed
February 7th, 2010, 14:06
The beach is crowded, the pubs are full, restaurants booked out, the after party is starting, the saunas are filling, I have never seen so many young hunks in the one spot. OMG is this Heaven.

When is gay pride in Pattaya????????

Why on earth would any sane person want to ever leave heaven in Melbourne? I take it that this is your declaration that we will never see you again?

No need for gay pride in pattaya. We celebrate our pleasure with gorgeous boys around us every day, day and night, and with cock in hand and mouth and ass. The hell with the uniforms.

[attachment=0:3les64cy]Melbourne gay police.jpg[/attachment:3les64cy]

lonelywombat
February 7th, 2010, 15:16
To keep this in gaythailand forum my first point is how would Pattaya get the chief Commissioner of Police in uniform marching with his gay officers as we have had for the last 5 maybe 6 years.More irrelevant over-reaching. Did your trolley-dolly drama queen misinformant from Quaint-arse march??

No dear we had the qaintarse managers from Sydney mooning in town Were you one of them.

This is probably your head office person new training manual

"Busy, busy, busy, so busy....look around and look important....seeя╗┐ how many times you can do that without serving anybody whatsoever...." Works for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge_x1U2rYBo

There are heaps of CopperPheel trolley dollies friends working igcognito as Pam Ann. Only they intend to be stupid.

February 7th, 2010, 16:45
There are heaps of CopperPheel trolley dollies friends working igcognito as Pam Ann. Only they intend to be stupid.Have I offended you in some way Lonely Wanker?

lonelywombat
February 7th, 2010, 16:48
There are heaps of CopperPheel trolley dollies friends working igcognito as Pam Ann. Only they intend to be stupid.Have I offended you in some way Lonely Wanker?

Havent you noticed loser always start abusing and being smartarse on ID's

February 8th, 2010, 01:48
Havent you noticed loser always start abusing I do so agree - using the phrase "loser" is such a give away. Is it a form of self-abuse do you think?

lonelywombat
February 8th, 2010, 04:11
touche

lonelywombat
February 8th, 2010, 05:08
Men in frocks joined police officers in a rainbow of colour and movement at the Gay Pride march.

POLICE commissioners come and go, but pride marches on.

Following in Christine Nixon's footsteps, police chief Simon Overland led a 40-strong contingent of uniformed officers in the 15th annual Pride March yesterday, and received what he would later describe as the most heart-warming reception he's ever had.

''I have to say, I have been to many community events, but never in my life have I experienced the sort of reception, and the sort of welcome that I got marching down the streets to come here today,'' he said to a loud crowd gathered in St Kilda's Catani Gardens. ''I mean that with all sincerity тАжif I had any hair at the back of my neck it would have been standing up.''

It seemed Mr Overland's applause was second only to Parents and Friends of Lesbian and Gays, and perhaps to the memory of those of his predecessor Ms Nixon who last year was pulled back on stage at the end of the march by popular demand.

Nonetheless, the police boss was overwhelmed, saying it was ''right up there'' as a highlight in his career. ''Just the warmth, generosity and good feeling that came walking down the street and being cheered, so welcomed, it was just amazing.''

The theme for this year's march was ''one heart, one world, one march'' and for the first time, marchers listened to a song, Proudly Walking, especially written for the event.

More at
http://www.theage.com.au/national/melbo ... -nkt9.html (http://www.theage.com.au/national/melbourne-life/pride-and-no-prejudice-20100207-nkt9.html)

It would be great for those expats who have found their heaven in LOS to share THEIR Pride with the Thai people and police. However they seem to be so bitter there does not seem to be as much happiness
as they would like us to believe.

February 8th, 2010, 07:40
To answer questions about Gay Pride in Thailand, Phuket pride begins on 25th February.
Chiangmai pride has passed, but the planned parade was stopped in its tracks by red shirt activists, after a certain self proclaimed 'gay activist' had petitioned (and failed) the mayor and provincial governor to have the parade banned.
In Bangkok, Bangkok Pride crumbled a few years back as the farangs who organized it fought amongst themselves, and permission to use Lumpini Park for the regular Pink in the Park fair was refused when a new manager was appointed. The support of the Thai gay community began to fall after the first couple of years
An announcement was made in 2009 that Rainbow Sky would organize Bangkok Pride 2009, but nothing came of that, and a later statement saying it would take place in 2010 has also not yet happened.
It seems that in Bangkok at least, there are people that will not take part in Gay Pride activities unless it revolves around their own businesses. As always there was the element of "I'm not getting involved if so and so takes part", like a bunch of spoiled children, then there were disagreements over where the proceeds should go. Everyone had their own favorite charity and few were willing to compromise or look at alternatives.

lonelywombat
February 8th, 2010, 08:31
Thanks FOF I went googling and found these dates in Patong Beach- Phuket Pride march

14 February Valentine Party
20 February Power of Paradise
25 February Red carpet Party
26 February Thai Night Party
27 February Hawaii Night Party
28 February Phuket Gay Pride Party night and Gay Pride Parade in the afternoon

http://www.gaypatong.com/
you need to scroll down to bottom page

Beachlover
February 8th, 2010, 10:43
I didn't know Melbourne had something like this. Is it similar to Sydney's Mardi Gras?

lonelywombat
February 8th, 2010, 11:13
I didn't know Melbourne had something like this. Is it similar to Sydney's Mardi Gras?

On a smaller scale, it is known as Midsumma festival. It ran for 4 weeks and finished with yesterdays Pride March. It is sad the the Bangkok Pride march and associated festivities has fallen through

This link will give you an indication of the range of activities.
http://www.midsumma.org.au/index.php?op ... 5&agid=342 (http://www.midsumma.org.au/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&Itemid=35&agid=342)

Thai Dyed
February 8th, 2010, 18:41
It is sad the the Bangkok Pride march and associated festivities has fallen through

But on the contrary, I thought the fact that the Bangkok events had fallen through was a cause for celebration.

[attachment=1:2bbwzbfp]Melbourne Gay Pride.jpg[/attachment:2bbwzbfp]

[attachment=0:2bbwzbfp]Gay Pride Parade.jpg[/attachment:2bbwzbfp]

Brad the Impala
February 8th, 2010, 20:03
That last photo is the famous Gay Beard Parade, not the Gay Pride Parade. You need a new battery in the hearing aid.

Thai Dyed
February 8th, 2010, 22:28
That last photo is the famous Gay Beard Parade, not the Gay Pride Parade. You need a new battery in the hearing aid.

But just look at the dildos they're carrying! That's enough to get any "Normal Gay" hot, eh Brad?. And those frocks? They're all the rage in all the most exclusive gay boutiques.

[attachment=0:ygf54td1]Gay Pride Parade.jpg[/attachment:ygf54td1]

Brad the Impala
February 8th, 2010, 22:55
[quote="Brad the Impala":1wcj736s]That last photo is the famous Gay Beard Parade, not the Gay Pride Parade. You need a new battery in the hearing aid.

But just look at the dildos they're carrying! That's enough to get any "Normal Gay" hot, eh Brad?. And those frocks? They're all the rage in all the most exclusive gay boutiques.

[attachment=0:1wcj736s]Gay Pride Parade.jpg[/attachment:1wcj736s][/quote:1wcj736s]

Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems to me that one end of those "dildos" appears suspiciously like a blade, in which case these "dildos" are actually "axes". Perhaps new lenses to go with the new batteries? Might stop you biting off more than you can chew, as it were, especially on a dark night in the undergrowth.

February 9th, 2010, 02:02
I wonder if Dickhead's friend Donald was there?

Beachlover
February 9th, 2010, 03:18
Who's Donald?