PDA

View Full Version : The Dates for the Gay Festival inMyanmar, 2010

January 31st, 2010, 07:25
The Dates for the Gay Nat Festival at Taungbyone, Myanmar, 2010

This is the largest Gay Festival in all of Asia and is held yearly about 20km northeast of Mandalay, for a whole week! For this western year, 2010, the festival will be held August 15 through August 22 however the best days to attend, the heights of the celebration, will be August 20 and 21!

Thousands of people from all over Myanmar come to celebrate the Taungbyone Nats. Taungbyone is a religious ceremony to honor two Moslem brothers on the grounds of a Buddhist temple through the Nat celebrations! It is however in fact largely a gay festival. Almost all Nats in Myanmar are gay. Also many fake gay Nats show up to join in the party!

The Festival starts early in the morning and continues up to past mid-night. During the afternoon it does get a bit warm. A suggested time is from ca 6:00pm till late. It is during this evening time that all of the gays show themselves! There is always transportation back to Mandalay.

February 1st, 2010, 17:00
WOW, thanks for the hint, JOSAN, now that seems to be something really exotic and exciting..... certainly worth to see such an event in a widely undiscovered country.... I googled for it and found some interesting videos on youtube..... too bad I didn't know this before I booked my FREE TICKET PROMOTION - flights to Myanmar on AirAsia end of last year.....

BTW, r u in Myanmar frequently ? it is the last South-East- or North-Asian country apart from North Korea I have not visited yet ( except for an afternoon-stroll over Tachileik's ramshackle border-market)

February 5th, 2010, 02:43
BTW, r u in Myanmar frequently ? it is the last South-East- or North-Asian country apart from North Korea I have not visited yet ( except for an afternoon-stroll over Tachileik's ramshackle border-market)How did you enjoy Tibet? Much gay life there?

February 13th, 2010, 16:17
Tibet is neither a country

There are one or two people who might not quite agree with that statement.

May 30th, 2010, 08:11
This is just to confirm the dates for the Gay Nat Festival at Taungbyone, Myanmar, 2010. For this western year, 2010, the festival will be held August 15 through August 22 however the best days to attend, the heights of the celebration, will be August 20 and 21!

Because of the possible afternoon heat a suggested time is from ca 6:00pm till late. It is during this evening time that all of the gays show themselves! There is always transportation back to Mandalay.

AsiaWolfie, sorry I did not get back to you before. Yes, I am in Myanmar a lot. There is a growing gay community there. I have been helping recently with a new gay web site: http://www.mymgedu.com/ Currently the main players with this web site are in training in Thailand with a gay Thai group. Questions?