PDA

View Full Version : Oh God, how I miss Thailand

January 30th, 2010, 14:11
Back in the land of Schwarzenegger.
The cold storms blow here in California and I can only think of my love in Thailand....
[youtube:20esa51k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkmvwCpcZlM[/youtube:20esa51k]

(Edit-link fixed...I hope)

catawampuscat
January 30th, 2010, 22:47
:headbang:

January 31st, 2010, 00:31
Your link isn't working kenc..

I keep having trouble lately posting from youtube.

We're finally getting a break in the weather after almost 2 weeks of storms. I was starting to feel like those 49ers huddled in the tent.....

krobbie
January 31st, 2010, 07:25
Yes, the grind of day to day can be quite an eye-opener when we get back to our homelands.

I hope you and June had a great vacation though. When are you back in LOS?

I will be going in May to see Bobey.

Here is a shot at Chatuchuk park on way home from the weekend market. We love to go and fossic about and just watch to people and the goings on.

I have included another also of a guy who collects money for charity. You pay him to have your photo taken with him. He was intrigued by my leg and thought I should also raise money for the limbless.

[attachment=1:1wyhs8uz]At Chatuchuk park.jpg[/attachment:1wyhs8uz]
[attachment=0:1wyhs8uz]Pirate-me.jpg[/attachment:1wyhs8uz]

Cheers and I hope the weather abates,
Krobbie

Smiles
January 31st, 2010, 08:06
Shouldn't this thread be in the Gay Thailand forum?

krobbie
January 31st, 2010, 08:12

My thoughts exactly. Who knows?

Cheers
krobbie

February 5th, 2010, 10:56

Well, I was mostly commenting on the stinky weather we're having here right now. I thought for sure if I posted in the Thailand Forum I'd get told off there.

We've had a break for about a week but it looks like the rain is coming back. :crybaby:

jinks
February 5th, 2010, 15:54
You posted it in Global, however to keep Smiles happy I've moved it.

February 5th, 2010, 19:30
I like hearing once in a while how much our visitors miss good ole Thailand and how horrid it is back home. Jinks surely would agree :-)

I seem to check out Gay Thailand 95% of the time so I'm cool with kenc 'bothering' me a bit with a global issue...

Smiles
February 6th, 2010, 10:53
" .. however to keep Smiles happy ... "
Thanks jinksy. And I know that's always your #1 criteria. :crybaby:

Patexpat
February 6th, 2010, 12:06
you know, no matter how frustrating living and doing business here can be - and believe me it is MIGHTY frustrating at times - this sorta post reminds me that yes, it is worth all the hassle we falangs do get here from time to time .... would I go back to the UK ? Kicking and screaming may be!

cdnmatt
February 6th, 2010, 13:15
Sell everything, and make the move!

Come on, you know you want to. :-)

Beachlover
February 6th, 2010, 20:56
Stop tempting me

February 6th, 2010, 21:21
BL,

Exactly why shouldn't you be tempted and follow through on it? You're the only asian young guy expat type I've ever come across that is into what we all are here. I would have to think, whatever you do in Oz you could easily do with lower overhead here in LOS.

In many ways you are quite unique to our community...an asian guy into other asians. I'm totally turned on that that is the case, but also totally curious as to how it came to be. I'm sure many others here are curious too. Totally understand if you don't want to share, btw :-)

Beachlover
February 6th, 2010, 21:39
I'm quite certain I'm not the only "Asian guy into other Asians" lol. I think at least 99% of Asian boys are into other Asian boys. I'm just much more attracted to Asians than I am to Caucasians.

I'm not into everything that's discussed here (I don't think anyone is)... but it's a great outlet to discuss gay issues, Thai culture, Thai ways, meeting boys etc. I don't have any gay friends... so this is one side of life I don't share with anyone in person.

Much as Thailand would fulfill one part of my life very well... I have other aspirations that stop me moving there altogether. I visit every few months... and hopefully as things progress I'll get to spend time more frequently there and in other places I like (Thailand isn't the only place I like to visit).

I could easily "semi-retire" to Thailand for an easy life right now.... make a good income... and work a lazy 30-40hrs a week... and "live like a King"... if I wanted but I would really be selling myself short and wouldn't be very fulfilled to just enjoy life and take it easy there. I'm barely a few years into my working life.