PDA

View Full Version : No 1 Gay owner commits suicide?

January 29th, 2010, 19:27
Interesting development. One of the alleged investors was a young Thai who had lived in Wales most of his life. A figure of 30m baht was being bandied about last year as the sum set aside for renovations of the hotel (that the investors had taken a lease on). The sum would never have been enough to renovate the building to a decent standard, and Power Boys was a separate investment. The whole set up seemed chaotic from the start and it no surprise that there are big debts. I am sad to know that it has caused the death of Jay.

Dani69
January 29th, 2010, 21:07
Very sad stayed there a few months ago and chatted to the chap .... RIP.

bao-bao
January 29th, 2010, 21:13
Regardless of how anyone felt about the "Gayification" of Chiang Mai it's always sad when a life is lost as was reported here and on TT. Wishing some serenity to the friends and loved ones left behind; the ones who will really suffer.

No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.
John Donne (1572 - 1631)

Smiles
January 31st, 2010, 08:39
I believe that the guy who was found dead in his apartment (a Mr Jay Gregson) was in fact a member of Sawatdee and other gay Thailand boards who posted under the name of 'Pete1969'.

You may remember this handle and his postings, which started some years ago when Pete1969 was immersed in the gay life of Patong Beach, Phuket. He wrote many long and detailed accounts of his valiant attempts at a relationship with a Thai guy there. He got involved with the Hedda/Hydra Head fiasco back then (and sided with Lucifer himself :protest: ) and thus quit Sawatdee for good.
After leaving Sawatdee he began posting on GayThailand and TingTong (I think) for awhile, at one time making an offer to the board members to participate financially as partners or shareholders in a Thailand business venture. He then (inexplicably) completely disappeared . . . only to pop up some years later as the owner (partner? manager?) of the Lanna Lavendar Hotel in Chiang Mai.

Not sure how much of the information regarding this death will find it's way to these boards (if it ever does), but there is certainly quite a lot more to this story than has so far appeared. I have heard, through snippets only ~ and over a few beers (i.e. gossip) with some guys in Chiang Mai ~ and most of it unconfirmed and/or circumstantial, that interesting extracurricular activities surround this unfortunate death.

I know this sounds like cock teasing (more LMTU-ish than I'd like), and I don't mean it to be. The things I've heard about this I cannot say for certain are correct, so I won't repeat them . . . but if true, they are truly intriguing and make for a fascinating mystery.

Let's see what plays out.