PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs Chaing Mai

April 16th, 2006, 00:56
can anyone recommend where to go in CM for hot springs. I have been before a couple of years ago but can not remember where it was.

Jetsam
April 16th, 2006, 01:07
I never heard of hot springs in Chiang Mai but this popped up in google.

This is now on my to do list too, a hot spring with a hot boy, wow life can't get better :cheers:

Sankampaeng Hot Springs in Chiang Mai

Sankampaeng Hot Springs
Chiang Mai

Sankampaeng Hot Springs is an ideal destination for those interested in health and well-being. A natural spring emitting water with high sulphur content, the spring is said to cure ailments and rejuvenate the body. The water has a temperature in excess of 100 degrees centigrade and the area is so active that there is ongoing research into how to tap the springs as a potential energy resource. A trip to the springs is often combined with a trip to Sankampaeng Handicraft Village and Borsang Umbrella and Thai Handicraft Village.

Details: The springs are open daily and there is no admission fee. For those interested in a lengthier look around, it is possible to book accommodation through the Sankamphaeng Hot Spring Co-operative Village (01-510-0418).

How to get there: Sankamphaeng Hot Spring is 25 kilometers from Sankamphaeng district and 40 km Chiang Mai. To get to the springs you first need to go to Sankamphaeng district and then travel another 12 kilometers to the springs. As with many other destinations, a number of tours to the springs are available from the city. Given the distance involved, and the number of sites available en route, a tour might be the best approach.

GWMinUS
April 16th, 2006, 02:19
The Sankampaeng Hot Springs outside Chiang Mai are worth taking in.
It is a nice drive up into the hills to the Springs.
There is a pool, private huts, and public concessions.
The Thai people love it and go there to picnic and just sit with their feet and legs in the hot stream.
As I remember, there is an entrance fee. But not very expensive. The weekend we went the pool was closed for cleaning. But we where able to rent a hut and soak in a private tub.

There is another Hot Springs just across the road. It is more of a "resort". But I do not recommend it. Our driver took us there first. We went to the bath house to change, the indoor "hot" tub was only warm, and the lady attendants kept checking on us. The outdoor pool was nice, but COLD!! So we decided to leave. Had to track down our driver, as he had gone off to sleep. Had him take us to the Thai people's side. Much more interesting!!!

So have a good time.
And avoid all the tourist "factories" on the way back into Chiang Mai!!!