View Full Version : Is Tawana Hotel Gay Friendly

maisoui
January 22nd, 2010, 13:04
My hotel booking engine says it is, but it says that about every hotel in Bangkok, but I seem to remember different opinions expressed here. However, the current rate is nicely discounted so have people had less than friendly experiences lately or is it worth giving the place a try?

January 22nd, 2010, 20:53
Just brought a boy back to the Tawana one night. Instead of walking past the security desk, we went round the other side of the elevator (lift). I think they glanced at us, but didn't say anything.

I got the feeling that the staff tolerated gays, rather than it being a "gay friendly" hotel. Could be wrong. Most guests seemed to be part of (straight) tour groups.

Next time I'll go back to Tarntanwan Place, or try the Glitz or Rose for the first time. Someone also said the Meridien was gay friendly. Look around on this forum. You'll see references to most of the gay friendly hotels in the Silom-Suriwongse area.

BOY69
May 2nd, 2017, 06:26
I just book this hotel ,Is someone experiences lately with the Tawana ?
Is it gay friendly?
joiner fee ?

scottish-guy
May 2nd, 2017, 14:38
....Next time I'll go back to Tarntanwan Place....

I heard a rumour somewhere that it's been taken over, so if you do go back please be sure to make extensive enquiries (including telephoning/emailing former employees) and let us know if anything at all has changed, including all the names of any new staff and a copy of the breakfast menu which we can examine for discrepancies.

In fact, if you could detail any observations on the above within a new topic on the very matter, it would assist greatly.

Thanks ever so much

arsenal
May 2nd, 2017, 15:23
To everything Scottish wrote. Please don't. He is a well known agent 😎 for this place and shoehorns it into every thread. He should not be using this board for personal gain. BTW, If you get to Pattaya I can certainly recommend 🍷 Deli Diner🍮 for excellent food 🍕 and good service. 🍽 😉😉😉

latintopxxx
May 2nd, 2017, 16:24
In my not so limited experience I have found all hotels to be gay friendly...as long as one doesnt flaunt ones sexuality in their faces...Thais are masters of looking but not seeing...

BOY69
May 2nd, 2017, 16:27
First I made a booking to the Siam Heritage but I undrestood that it's nothing like the pictures they're advertising some of the rooms don't have windows (!) and the rooms are dated and need urgent renovation so I cancelled my reservation, then considered the Tarntawan but undrestood that it lost its charm once the Swiss owner sold it last year so unwillingly decided to book the Tawana hotel, hope it will be OK for my last 3 nights in Thailand.

scottish-guy
May 3rd, 2017, 00:50
...some of the rooms don't have windows...

This reminds me of the Suriwongse Hotel even after its limited renovations many years ago.

A friend and I (having stayed there before) re-booked after they had created/renovated the top floor "suites" and I booked one of those at 2400B per night.

Meanwhile I persuaded my friend who is one of those people whose attitude is "The room is just for sleeping, give me your cheapest", to splurge out and book not the very cheapest "standard" room at about 500B but a "deluxe" at about 600B which for the extra £2 was claimed to feature a fridge and a window.

On arrival, my room was brand new, quite luxurious, and I was very happy with it so I went downstairs to see his.

My eyes were immediately drawn to the bedcover which being actually no more than a large towel, just about summed up the sleazy nature of the room. The fridge of course was both noisy and empty.

"Oh well" I said, moving over to the curtained window "..at least you have a window for your extra £2" and I pulled the curtains apart to reveal......

..... a brick wall

:D

latintopxxx
May 3rd, 2017, 02:28
why do u need a window in BKK...not like u gonna open it in that weather.....and sure...yeah right...u...scottish and all shelled out 2400 for a room....and pigs fly...u gotta be careful before sturgeon cancels your passport..

scottish-guy
May 3rd, 2017, 02:41
....and pigs fly.....

My dear Poxxy - pigs clearly do fly!

On China Southern apparently

BOY69
May 3rd, 2017, 11:51
why do u need a window in BKK...not like u gonna open it in that weather.....and sure...yeah right...u...scottish and all shelled out 2400 for a room....and pigs fly...u gotta be careful before sturgeon cancels your passport..

Not all of us are cheap Charlie choosing the most cheapest flights, hotel and boys as you ...

frequent
May 3rd, 2017, 12:08
Not all of us are cheap Charlie choosing the most cheapest flights, hotel and boys as you ...Yes indeed. I always choose the most expensive underwear because it's so much more valuable than the cheap Chinese tat you can buy anywhere and lasts just as long

arsenal
May 3rd, 2017, 12:23
I'm not sure Freaky isn't going slowly insane. It might be time to wheel out your little puppy, Ricondog.

a447
May 3rd, 2017, 13:52
Yes indeed. I always choose the most expensive underwear because it's so much more valuable than the cheap Chinese tat you can buy anywhere and lasts just as long

You don't wear underwear, remember? Didn't you tell us you have a colostomy bag, which is one of the reasons you are housebound?

Lol

latintopxxx
May 4th, 2017, 02:05
...finally a447 has emerged from under his rock....

Marsilius
May 4th, 2017, 03:01
Stayed there five years ago and thought it was fine as a hotel and with a good location. But there were security guards at the doors to the lifts on the ground floor who appeared to be enforcing a no-joiners policy pretty strictly.

Brad the Impala
May 4th, 2017, 05:03
Stayed there five years ago and thought it was fine as a hotel and with a good location. But there were security guards at the doors to the lifts on the ground floor who appeared to be enforcing a no-joiners policy pretty strictly.

Best not to let Justaguy know this, because he will feel obliged to stage a demonstration outside accusing them of racism and denying him his universal human rights.

FarangRuMak
May 5th, 2017, 00:44
If the Tawana Hotel is not Gay friendly then you can use the Suriwong Hotel BUT floor 3 ONLY is up to standard.
The rooms are nicely done if a little small and some have no windows.
Breakfast, served in the lobby, consists of toast, eggs and coffee.
A double room is about 1400 baht per night. No fee for joiners. Passport/ID required.
Can't be beaten on location.
Close to Soi Twilight, Soi 4 Silom, Lumpini Park, Sky Train Station Sala Deang and MRT Station Silom etc.
One of the staff will drive you to Pattaya for 1300 baht.
No, I'm not a shareholder just an occasional customer.

BOY69
May 9th, 2017, 02:01
It seems you right the Tawana is not gay friendly so I changed the booking to the d varee diva bally silom due its excellent location attached to DJ station and Sala Daeng BTS station and Silom complex mall just acrossed the road only 2100 baht for suppirier room incl. breakfast very reasonable price.

scottish-guy
May 9th, 2017, 02:26
...you can use the Suriwong Hotel BUT floor 3 ONLY is up to standard....

Gave up staying there when I had to allow the staff 2 attempts to rid their >2000B "sweet room" of cockroaches before I felt safe to enter.

In the event I refused the room and "downgraded" to a cheaper room with no wildlife.

Admittedly that was over a decade ago but these things tend to stick in the mind - which is a pity because I always liked the place for the 24hr Coffee Shop and the restaurant.

Is Mr Tan the taxi/tour guy who sat in the lobby outside the Coffee shop still alive? He was a character.

latintopxxx
May 9th, 2017, 07:10
cockroaches....thought u were into anything that had cock in it...

justaguy
May 9th, 2017, 12:07
Best not to let Justaguy know this, because he will feel obliged to stage a demonstration outside accusing them of racism and denying him his universal human rights.

There is a difference between not allowing 'guests' into a room, or denying couples only on the fact that they are mixed race....

FarangRuMak
May 12th, 2017, 02:45
+scottish-guy.
Floor 3 in the Suriwong was renovated about 5 years ago. The rooms on this floor are very acceptable and I've not seen any wildlife. But I wouldn't trust floor 2 in this regard.
The coffee shop is now no longer part of the hotel as far as I can see. Breakfast is served in the lobby.
In a lustful or sweaty pinch you could use the ok short time rooms in the courtyard if only for a quick shower@ about 300 baht.

BOY69
May 14th, 2017, 05:27
For an extra 300 to 500 baht per nightyou can find much better options than the Suriwong in Silom-Surawong area.