PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Review Nov-Dec 2009

January 13th, 2010, 08:28
Things seemed deserted compared to past years. The airport, hotels, streets, restaurants, and even the bars had a lot fewer people than past years. On the plus side, the prices were good and I had my choice of boys with little competition.

Since so many things change at the bars, I visited many of them to see the current quality. Please note my usual disclaimer than my preference is for muscular athletic guys so my opinions about bars may differ from your own preferences.

Future Boy - It still has not climbed out of itтАЩs decline. The boys I liked have all left. They had about 20 boys when I visited on a Sunday.

Hot Male - A year ago this was my favorite bar but now it is not even in my top 5. They had about 10 boys on a weeknight in a range of shapes and sizes. I visited on another night also but did not see anything that interested me.

Classic Boys - I walked in to look around but did not stay.

Boys Bangkok/Dream Boys - My second favorite bar. Great selection. Many well-built guys and many handsome ones. The prices for drinks and offs are higher here than other bars. They may fill up for shows but at other times they appeared nearly empty. I stayed for one of the shows although their music is too loud and things would be more enjoyable if they turned the volume and bass down.

X Size - This had been my second favorite bar last year but fell to #4 this year. Good variety. Good show. I am always treated well by all the captains here who put in extra effort to take care of the customers. I had good service from 4 different captains that was well above what I encounter at other bars. They went to check on boys I was looking for and let me know when available. I try to tip them here because I think they deserve it. The quality of the boys was down a bit from last year but they have some very nice types. I have a favorite at this bar that I always enjoy.

X Boys - They have some interesting guys. On my first visit I left soon after entering at show time because the music was too loud. Now I carry ear plugs. They were full for the show. I visited again another night and they had about 20 guys and some attractive boys. I spotted a guy who was my type but he kind of hung back and did not rotate long on the stage or have much of a smile. I invited him down to talk anyway and we quickly hit if off and his whole demeanor changed to be much more friendly. I offed him several times and we always enjoyed ourselves. He gave a great massage and had a very nice body. I found the mammasan a bit too pushy for my taste, basically coming out and asking for a tip. I tip when I want to when I feel they deserve it. I also spotted another guy that I had offed the year before at another bar. He had a great body, handsome, and a great kisser who aimed to please. He came over to at least say hello although he speaks no English.

Tawan - I visited several times. Sometimes no customers there, other times many. But there did not seem to be a high volume of offs. I visited the first time before the November 22 bodybuilding show and chose a guy with a great body, great smile and amazing biceps. He turned out to be one of the nicest guys I have met at any bar in BKK. He was very cooperative and I enjoyed my time with him. He spoke decent English and was a super kind guy. I also offed two other guys at various times. One was a younger and very solidly built guy who was very sweet and cooperative. So regardless of what some say, if you treat the guys right, most will take good care of you.

Jupiter 2000 - They had a 300 baht entrance fee with one free drink. The atmosphere is a good change from the typical in-your-face of the other bars. They had approximately 25-30 guys. All very handsome but most with their shirts on. The bar stools are uncomfortable but there was no pushiness to invite the boys down for a drink that I had encountered before. The customers were nearly all Asian the night I visited. They had excellent frequent rotation. The guys are so handsome they almost look like dolls on the stage. I did not fall in love with anybody though so no offs.

Screw Boys - This is still a good solid bar. They had about 20 guys in various shapes, sizes, and looks. They seemed pretty eager for a customer. One night I visited late and it was full. Another night I went earlier and there were 6-8 other customers.

Fresh Beach Boy - This turned out to be my favorite bar. Many many handsome and very well built guys here. I offed several different guys and enjoyed each. Some of the captains are just so-so in terms of service and expecting tips. I especially like one of the captains as he has been around at a few of the other bars for many years and is a very nice guy and with a good body also. They have a very nice variety of guys here - a few with an exotic look, a few that rival the guys at Tawan, a few smaller but very well defined guys. I found the boys to be more friendly and personable at this bar than at any other.

I was in BKK several different times. When I tired of the bar circuit I contacted several of my past favorites that moved away from the bar scene several years ago. Unbelievably, these guys have even better bodies than they did before. One of them I visit with every time I am in Thailand and he is a fitness fanatic whose body shows it. The guy has the type of body that looks and feels like he just finished working out all the time. His body is like a rock.
Another guy has the same day job he had before but when he finishes work he goes to the gym every day and he had gained more than 10 pounds of muscle and I almost didnтАЩt recognize him. He doesnтАЩt speak any English but I speak enough Thai that I could call him on the phone and pick up where we left off two years ago. It was very funny that when I asked him if he still sees other customers he said - No, you are the only one I have talked to since I left the bar. I believed him as he is a very genuine and sweet guy. He had really worked on his pecs so that he was better than many of the guys I see in any of the bars. Obviously, we had a great time. I find this a good way to avoid the high drink costs and higher off fees. It is also a fun time to see these guys as they mature and are someone who you know a bit better. It also makes me appreciate the Thai attitude on sanook.

Massage -

I only visited Hero once during my visit. I went about 4-5 pm and they had 15-20 guys. I decided not to get a massage although as I was leaving another guy came in late who had one of the best set of abs I have seen in BKK. A lot of good looking guys.

I visited Albury as I had not been there since they renovated. I like it even less than before. It just seems like they moved things around. I especially did not like the pushiness that I had not encountered before and will probably not go back again. The boys were at best average, maybe one with a body to speak of. Nothing of interest for me.

I visited Indra and got a real massage as I was not interested in anything beyond that. The guy did an excellent job and I found the place to be helpful and friendly. I went back several times and was satisfied with my massage each time.

firecat69
January 13th, 2010, 08:59
Thanks for report. Sent you a PM.

January 13th, 2010, 09:21
Sorry- for some reason I can't read PM's. I sent a note to you.

Surfcrest
January 13th, 2010, 10:42
Great Post! Thank you very much.

Surfcrest

blazer
January 13th, 2010, 11:04
Nice report!! Thanks. Will be in BKK for a few days coming up. Always good to know what the latest is.

Smiles
January 13th, 2010, 11:09
Also thanks for the nice effort on that opening post.

Sorry- for some reason I can't read PM's. I sent a note to you.
FYI ... Elephantspike is doing some re-jigging of the Board programming so that may be why the PM feature is a bit unsteady. Having said that ... I've read and PM'ed a few things in the last day or so and all have been received and replied to with no issue.