PDA

View Full Version : Can he Kill the Gay Boycotte and save their decline?

Brad the Impala
January 12th, 2010, 22:56
Would Gay Boycott be the sister of Geoff, the dour English Cricketer and Wife Beater?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/geoffreyboycott/

January 12th, 2010, 23:21
I suggest that anyone trying to read and decipher the OP stock up their fridge first!

Beachlover
January 13th, 2010, 04:08
I suggest that anyone trying to read and decipher the OP stock up their fridge first!

I'm strangely drawn to read it in gruesome fascination of how terrible the writing is.

One has to wonder how a brain, which spurts out dribble like this functions at all. I mean... how does this chap get from point A to point B without being run over by a tuk tuk or tripping over a man hole?

January 13th, 2010, 04:26
I'm strangely drawn to read it in gruesome fascination of how terrible the writing is.
One has to wonder how a brain, which spurts out dribble like this functions at all. I mean... how does this chap get from point A to point B without being run over by a tuk tuk or tripping over a man hole?

I think you have just hit the nail on the head, it is a brain that doesn't function hence the constant dribble! Maybe he was, or at least his head was run over by an assassin in a tuk - tuk!

Diec
January 13th, 2010, 05:15
Some people can be so cruel. In case someone does not know, LMTU is dieing from tooth cancer. He has had his tongue cut out and half his jaw removed. This poor soul is probably so hopped up on pain meds that he doesn't even know if it's night or day. I would like to see any other member of this board go through that kind of hell and try to write something that makes sense. You keep writing LMTU, I'm praying for you every night.

Bob
January 13th, 2010, 07:54
I was a mail model in my youth

There really aren't that many good-looking letter carriers....

Smiles
January 13th, 2010, 11:04
" ... Thanks for the back handed compliment Dick ... "
You dick ... it's Diec, not Dick. On the other hand ... more often than not a dick. OK, let's let the dick stand.

January 13th, 2010, 11:34
... or tripping over a man hole?Especially as they are everywhere in Pattaya. I don't even have to leave my apartment to find Boy Special pointing his man hole in my direction any time of the day or night.

allieb
January 13th, 2010, 11:35
I was a mail model in my youth,

Didn't know the post office held fashion shows

Diec
January 13th, 2010, 11:49
Well LMTU, the last we heard from you was that you were knocking on deaths door with your horrible illness. Now all of a sudden after two months your fit to go? If that's the case then you are a scammer and a maroon.

January 13th, 2010, 12:04
If that's the case then you are a ... maroon.Are you sure you don't mean a chocolate macaroon (http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/Chocolate-macaroons)?

Geezer
January 13th, 2010, 15:04
Well LMTU, the last we heard from you was that you were knocking on deaths door with your horrible illness. Now all of a sudden after two months your fit to go? If that's the case then you are a scammer and a maroon.

A problem with serial prevarication is that one never knows what to believe. I am even aware of some who suspect LMTUтАЩs afflictions could have been fictitious.

They ask why no one from LMTUтАЩs vast hoard of friends has written of visiting him in the hospital, or, while ill, in the opulent accommodation in which he resides.

LMTUтАЩs past mendacity would certainly not cause me to question his current assertions. I only write this so LMTU will be aware that there are mean spirited individuals who do.

And I do wish you people would stop sniping at LMTUтАЩs use of his native tongue. I wonder how many of you have completed a course in teaching English as a foreign language, and had the instructor pronounce you the best student in the class. Your envy is displayed in your posts.

January 13th, 2010, 16:15
And I do wish you people would stop sniping at LMTUтАЩs use of his native tongue. I wonder how many of you have completed a course in teaching English as a foreign language, and had the instructor pronounce you the best student in the class. Your envy is displayed in your posts.I'd always assumed he was the successful graduate of one of thrillbill's courses.

Bob
January 13th, 2010, 16:18
And I do wish you people would stop sniping at LMTUтАЩs use of his native tongue. I wonder how many of you have completed a course in teaching English as a foreign language, and had the instructor pronounce you the best student in the class. Your envy is displayed in your posts.

Geezer, that comment (about the envy) ought to merit one of the old "yuk yuk" awards. Whether there are some dickheads (or diecheads) here and/or whether some people are a bit mean to little ol' LMTU, not even a semi-rational person could possibly be envious of his English-writing abilities (which damn near don't exist).

allieb
January 13th, 2010, 16:28

I don't think anbybody would envy LMTU for being a qualified teacher of English as a second language. It the lowest possible qualification to teach foreign students. If indeed he is qualified, he should know the difference between mail and male. There are so many bogus teachers out there coining it in from students who pay good money to be taught properly.

Brad the Impala
January 13th, 2010, 16:57
Irony just goes straight over some heads!

January 13th, 2010, 17:12
They used to say that the pen was mightier than the sword until someone gave that half-wit a one!

Beachlover
January 13th, 2010, 17:37
I do wish you people would stop sniping at LMTUтАЩs use of his native tongue. I wonder how many of you have completed a course in teaching English as a foreign language, and had the instructor pronounce you the best student in the class. Your envy is displayed in your posts.

Envy?... What's there to be envious of? TEFL enables you to earn oh... about 100k baht (about USD$3,000) a month maybe?... in a dull 9-5 job.

January 13th, 2010, 18:06
One of the funniest threads here ever!

January 13th, 2010, 18:30
hereforme said: All things considered perhaps at the moment LMTU regardless how you fell about him should be given some slack.

Cut him some slack? I would rather give him some rope, soon to be taut because he is, after all, a (poor) teacher, to hang himself with...

January 13th, 2010, 19:05
No doubt just as soon as his mouth and throat can take it he will be back on his knees in some seedy toilet and telling us all about how many 'delightful' encounters he has! Also don't forget that this is the same person writing as BottomsUp that kept ridiculing the guy who likes to take his own teabag (and pay for the hot water) to a certain establishment in Pattaya.

BTW Beachlover the only teachers that I have ever known in Thailand who earn anywhere near 100K a month are those that teach curriculum, and not EFL in recognized international schools, or are privately employed by large hotels or businesses etc. Your average TEFL teacher would have to work some very long hours to be pulling in that kind of money on a regular basis, and who in their right mind would employ someone with the literacy skills of a pongid? except of course the outfit that awarded him 'top of the class'.

Beachlover
January 13th, 2010, 19:20
No doubt just as soon as his mouth and throat can take it he will be back on his knees in some seedy toilet and telling us all about how many 'delightful' encounters he has! Also don't forget that this is the same person writing as BottomsUp that kept ridiculing the guy who likes to take his own teabag (and pay for the hot water) to a certain establishment in Pattaya.

BTW Beachlover the only teachers that I have ever known in Thailand who earn anywhere near 100K a month are those that teach curriculum, and not EFL in recognized international schools, or are privately employed by large hotels or businesses etc. Your average TEFL teacher would have to work some very long hours to be pulling in that kind of money on a regular basis, and who in their right mind would employ someone with the literacy skills of a pongid? except of course the outfit that awarded him 'top of the class'.

So how much do English teachers usually earn in Thailand?... I think I read on Stickman they can earn 100k baht/month or something... but this is just something I read and I know Stickman is not the most unbiased writer.

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2010, 19:40
A good friend of mine from Canada has been a Math and English teacher down south for the last three years. He started out at 15,000/month, and I believe is up to around 20,000/month now, plus does some private tutoring on the side. Needless to say, he's always flat broke, but he does love his life and says he wouldn't change it for the world.

January 13th, 2010, 19:47
Sanook....as usual you are true to form...an idiot! :joker:
So you are the one with the tea bag!

Elaborate please? And no I am not the 'one with the teabag' sherlock, and if I was what the hell has it got to do with you or anyone else?

catawampuscat
January 13th, 2010, 19:58
To be fair, the veteran poster lmtu did not break the news of his medical situation
on SGT, nor did he go over the top reporting on every moment of treatment as one
would expect when royalty is hospitalized. It would have been a perfect storm
for a drama Queen and for once the stage was left empty for others to act out on..

I get the impression that some of us are disappointed that the worst did not occur
and I must admit the thought of lmtu's tongue being cut out was a gruesome one
and Diec's description was truely horrific.. One doesn't have to like people to wish
them well and no one deserves the horrors Diec wrote of.
I don't disagree with any of the disparaging comments but we really can't condemn
someone for not being at death's door and not bemoaning his fate..
I think lmtu actually showed some class and dignity not overplaying his situation
and not pleading for attention :nud: , money or our emotions :crybaby: ..
I will regret making any positive statements about the man but I get the urge to go positive and see the bright side in the infrequent moments they occur with
the man on the CATWALK....

January 13th, 2010, 21:35
Anyone that brings his own tea bag to a bar......deserves verbal abuse!....God knows what does he bring to a restaurant ...his own food to put on their plates? :idea:

Now I know why you are pals with that illiterate buffoon LMTU/BottomsUp/TopOfTheClass.............

Geezer
January 13th, 2010, 22:23
Actually it was I who brought the tea bag.

As often happens LMTU made up his facts to improve the story. I didnтАЩt bring my own tea bag because of my тАЬpoor pensionтАЭ, but because I prefer Earl Grey, which the bar didnтАЩt have at that time. At my insistence I paid the bar the regular price for tea plus a tip.

When the new owners took over they acquired proper tea pots, loose Earl Grey tea and, would you believe, even had tea cozies custom made.

LMTU will be happy to learn I am doing pretty well on my тАЬpoor pensionтАЭ. IтАЩll not let this minor error affect my opinion of the accuracy of his reports.

January 13th, 2010, 22:27
Actually it was I who brought the tea bag.

As often happens LMTU made up his facts to improve the story. I didnтАЩt bring my own tea bag because of my тАЬpoor pensionтАЭ, but because I prefer Earl Grey, which the bar didnтАЩt have at that time. At my insistence I paid the bar the regular price for tea plus a tip.

When the new owners took over they acquired proper tea pots, loose Earl Grey tea and, would you believe, even had tea cozies custom made.

LMTU will be happy to learn I am doing pretty well on my тАЬpoor pensionтАЭ. IтАЩll not let this minor error affect my opinion of the accuracy of his reports.

Jolly Good Show Geezer, I'm partial to a bit of Earl myself.

Geezer
January 13th, 2010, 23:25
Geezer you are obviously a nice guy with good intentions but why put yourself on the cross for someone else. Ah I do understand now I must admit you are a better man then I... :notworthy:

Well, IтАЩm getting a cramp from keeping my tongue in my cheek.

Beachlover
January 14th, 2010, 03:44
A good friend of mine from Canada has been a Math and English teacher down south for the last three years. He started out at 15,000/month, and I believe is up to around 20,000/month now, plus does some private tutoring on the side. Needless to say, he's always flat broke, but he does love his life and says he wouldn't change it for the world.

Goodness... that's really slim pickings... you could earn that monthly amount in a day back home.

I've heard you can rent rooms for 5,000-6,000 a month... so I suppose it's certainly doable... but if anything unforeseen were to come up, like needing expensive medical treatment... or having to fly home urgently... it could get tricky. But I guess he does it for the stress free, happy, LOS lifestyle.

Diec
January 14th, 2010, 06:51
LMTU is correct in this instance. I have taught English in Thailand for 2 years before I gave it up. You see, I work for an advertisement agency that does business in Thailand. This allowed me to travel to Thailand several times per year to close advertising deals. Often on these business trips not only would I meet with the client, but their family as well. On one outing with a client and his family, the client had his 2 children ages 10 and 12 with him. They did not speak a word of English. Because of my ability to speak Thai (as well as 4 other languages) I was able to connect with the children and teach them a few basics of English. When the meeting closed and the deal was sealed, my client asked me if I was available to teach English to his children. Since I was going to be there for the next month, I decided why not?

What I did is I went back to my suite and started to formulate a plan to teach English. I came up with the idea to use Power Point for my instructions. I became so engrossed that before I knew it I had a 3 month plan to teach English. Within a matter of weeks, the boys eager to learn were soon speaking English in short sentences. Well, word traveled fast and soon there were other rich people who wanted their children to learn English exclusively from me. I realized what I was doing was helping people to understand and speak English so I called my job to ask for an extension to stay in Thailand for a few more months. My company was so happy with the performance I did closing deals for them they agreed and also paid my suite and wages for the following two and a half months.

I became so popular, I had to limit my classroom to only 12 students at a time. I have an international work visa so working in Thailand was not a problem. I did have to pay tax however. I ran a 3 month semester that I charged 10,000 baht per month per student. After 3 months, my job begged me to come back. My students were well on the way to understanding English and I really needed the support that the money I was making with my company provided. Could I have taught English in Thailand for the rest of my life and make a good living? The answer is a resounding YES! I decided not to continue because I met my future husband in Thailand. My future husband is very jealous and many of my students would try to "hit on teacher" and he did not like that.

Can anyone move to Thailand and teach English and live a good life? I again say YES! It helps if you speak Thai like I do, but it is not necessary. It also helps if you know well to do people that want their children to learn English. I encourage anyone who is not happy with their life in their own country to come to Thailand, have a lesson plan, and teach English over here. You may meet your future husband like I did!!

cdnmatt
January 14th, 2010, 07:54
LTMU, I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am, so I'll say you're full of shit with your 45,000/month figure. Simply because if the average Thai engineer with a four year university degree has a starting salary of 30 - 35,000 per month, I highly doubt some guy who bought a TEFL certificate online is going to show up in Thailand and receive a starting salary of 45,000. Like diec said, I'm sure it's possible to bring in good coin by teaching English, but you basically have to start your own tutoring company, and know the right people.

And BL... that might seem little, but considering purchasing power, I don't think it's too bad. I think it affords the same level of life as a typical teacher in Canada. For example, my friend rents a nice 3 bedroom house for 5000/month, and I'm assuming his average meal is only 20 - 30 baht. Plus he has his Thai fiancee who's also a teacher, so their two salaries combined, and they're fine. Not rich, but enough to afford a comfortable life, and be able to go on vacation once or twice a year. Same as any low-level white collar job in Canada.

Surfcrest
January 14th, 2010, 09:36
Goodness... that's really slim pickings... you could earn that monthly amount in a day back home.

And BL... that might seem little, but considering purchasing power, I don't think it's too bad. I think it affords the same level of life as a typical teacher in Canada. For example, my friend rents a nice 3 bedroom house for 5000/month, and I'm assuming his average meal is only 20 - 30 baht. Plus he has his Thai fiancee who's also a teacher, so their two salaries combined, and they're fine. Not rich, but enough to afford a comfortable life, and be able to go on vacation once or twice a year. Same as any low-level white collar job in Canada.

If someone in Australian can earn between 15 000 and 20 000 baht per day that would work out to about $ 121 500 and $ 162 500 Canadian annually.
IтАЩm not sure when you were back in Vancouver last cdnmatt but there are an incredible amount of Australians working here in Vancouver and I notice it even more up when IтАЩm up at the cabin in Whistler. We are either incredibly short of Canadians to give jobs to or our unemployment rate is a product of our own design. Either things arenтАЩt so great in Australia, or arenтАЩt so bad in Canada or all these Australians here havenтАЩt figured out what weтАЩre paying them.

cdnmatt
January 14th, 2010, 09:42
Nah, it's just because Aussies think being a ski bum for a year is the best thing ever. I used to live in Canmore / Banff, and it's the exact same thing there as Whistler. I think there's more Aussies in Banff than there is Canadians. The Canadian government grants Aussies a 12 month work permit pretty easily, but they're only allowed one per-lifetime. So alot of Aussies use it up to live in the Canadian mountains for a year, grab a job at one of the hills, and be a ski bum for a year while they party. :-)

January 14th, 2010, 12:38
no wonder so many only cum for the BoysSurely it's the only reason?

lonelywombat
January 14th, 2010, 16:38
Just a thought :idea: Does anyone remember a 1950's sitcom in the States called the Honeymooners? Staring Jackie Gleason...The two main male roles were that of Ralph Cranden and Ed Norton both of which were members of an all male club called the Racoons! When the club met they all had their Racoon fur hats on! :glasses7:

How strange there is a fat guy, he sits in Corner Bar who wares a dead raccoon hat or something on his head, I wondered what club he belongs to, most of the members look as though thy are waring a Beer Barrel round there waist...... you cant miss this branch of the club,,,,they also ware socks and sandals and only order hot water in bars, a very strange ritual, but must be a secret society :dontknow:

So once again you cannot resist, you have to come back to your nasty personal attacks on people.
This forum does not need your vindictive attacks on other posters.
We stop at posting similar shit about you because we feel sorrow for you. Pity perhaps.

For gods sake stop this petty shit that you have been posting for far too long, which nobody but yourself thinks is relevant. You are making yourself a person who is laughed at , pitied not respected.

January 14th, 2010, 16:41
For gods sake stop this petty shit that you have been posting for far too long, which nobody but yourself thinks is relevant. You are making yourself a person who is laughed at , pitied not respected.What evidence can you present to show that he cares what other people think?

January 14th, 2010, 16:53
Just a thought :idea: Does anyone remember a 1950's sitcom in the States called the Honeymooners? Staring Jackie Gleason...The two main male roles were that of Ralph Cranden and Ed Norton both of which were members of an all male club called the Racoons! When the club met they all had their Racoon fur hats on! :glasses7:

How strange there is a fat guy, he sits in Corner Bar who wares a dead raccoon hat or something on his head, I wondered what club he belongs to, most of the members look as though thy are waring a Beer Barrel round there waist...... you cant miss this branch of the club,,,,they also ware socks and sandals and only order hot water in bars, a very strange ritual, but must be a secret society :dontknow:

It was amusing to read 'Hereforme' and your reply.
It is almost like a Morcombe and Wise sketch of him throwing the bait and you picking up on it.
The person you so often refer to must at least be happy with his little lot, wheras you seem to continue the bitter route of hoping that you will get him going and reply to you. I am sure that he must now see that is a fruitless direction and will simply ignore the taunts.

What goes around comes around and you seem to be enjoying the fruits of your labour in whatever way it has gone.
Sad really!

January 14th, 2010, 18:56
With all the insults and degredation the above have said about me, my observations are just like a walk in the park, all very harmless, Im sure the persons we are talking about dont even know, oh you maen I;m writing in the wrong thread, it should of been the one about how strange the people of sunny plaza are. :glasses7:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18943 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18943)

LMTU
Pray tell us why you believe you are writing in a wrong thread?
Surely as a person who has given out insults and degradation as part of your persona then you are man enough to accept what you receive from all your detracters on this site!!
Are they harmless? You obviously do not think so because your replies are then full of vitriol and non acceptability of the truth.
As I understand, from threads here, you were a great ambassador of Sunnee before your downfall so why do you believe the 'people of Sunnee' are strange now?
Before the puppet 'Hereforme' replies I think you should talk together as ONE voice! Because it sounds like the Walter Mitty situation emerging!!

TrongpaiExpat
January 14th, 2010, 19:25
As I understand, from threads here, you were a great ambassador of Sunnee before your downfall so why do you believe the 'people of Sunnee' are strange now?
Before the puppet 'Hereforme' replies I think you should talk together as ONE voice! Because it sounds like the Walter Mitty situation emerging!!

It's vague as usual, but It's a reference to a long ago dispute and centered on a group of expats he sometimes referrers to as the Balmy Army not Sunee plaza in general. Lmtu may not have a very good command of English but his memory is intact holding a grudge a long time, make that a few grudges.

Hime, if your implying that herforme is lmtu, I have it on pretty reliable authority that they are not one and the same. Not even the same nationality. Yes, it's not Lunch time O'booze but where is the ol' gal?

January 14th, 2010, 19:55
So once again you cannot resist, you have to come back to your nasty personal attacks on people.
This forum does not need your vindictive attacks on other posters.
We stop at posting similar shit about you because we feel sorrow for you. Pity perhaps.

For gods sake stop this petty shit that you have been posting for far too long, which nobody but yourself thinks is relevant. You are making yourself a person who is laughed at , pitied not respected.

Lonelywombat...and I DO appreciate your hang back, refereeing style of contributing to the board, but what gives with you selective enforcement of 'nasty personal attacks'??? There are a dozen members that have stood up and offered constructive resistance to Gone Fishing's frequent attacks on members intelligence and his insulting way of approaching discussion. I have looked far and wide, been a regular observer, but nowhere can I find you once stepping in to assert that his tone, let alone his actual insulting posts, are out of order.

Why the inconsistency with LMTU? What makes his veiled insults more worthy of your intervention than those of GF- and I give GF complete credit for being a far more positive contributor of late- but where were you back then? I only ask because you seem to deign to be a 'poster emeritus', someone the moderator should respect the opinion of. Consistency should be an absolute with you, rather than picking spots to enforce the forum's morality.

IMHO

January 14th, 2010, 20:00

Hime, if your implying that herforme is lmtu, I have it on pretty reliable authority that they are not one and the same. Not even the same nationality. Yes, it's not Lunch time O'booze but where is the ol' gal?

The old Girl is to busy writing her own Blogs and No 1 celebrity social web mags, jn the UK and Sydney, where he is very well known in his own right,

ENJOY

"Madame Arcati ... Britain's and Australias best and most outrageous blogger."

http://madamearcati.blogspot.com/

http://socialshuttle.blogspot.com/

I understand the Social Shuttle is a good blog....not for me but for some!!!

quiet1
January 14th, 2010, 20:08
Am I the only one to notice that after writing an entirely gibberish, rambling opening post on this thread, LMTU has consistently thereafter written coherent posts with (for the most part) proper grammar, syntax and spelling?

Sybil, is that you?

January 14th, 2010, 20:17
I don't know, but despite his over the top delivery LMTU at least conveys THOUGHTS and OBSERVANCES that are either entertaining or informational. Unlike the posters who come out of the woodwork to only denigrate, criticize or knitpick others, LMTU seems to actually enjoy contributing, albeit in a vamp manner, stuff that is fun to read. His interplay with other posters alone is worth the visit. Mean spirited, dour respondents with no sense of humor seem to be the ones that he earns the enmity of, and strangely it doesn't bother me a bit. Go Figure (GF!)

I mean, and I say this as a true believer of Dodger's stories, if we concede that there is a shade of a chance that Dodger's posts are a bit fiction, mostly reality we all grant him that he tells a fantastic story. Why should LMTU be any different...his outlandishness and perseverance alone qualify him for some support as our village eccentric.

lonelywombat
January 15th, 2010, 04:38
Lonelywombat...and I DO appreciate your hang back, refereeing style of contributing to the board, but what gives with you selective enforcement of 'nasty personal attacks'??? There are a dozen members that have stood up and offered constructive resistance to Gone Fishing's frequent attacks on members intelligence and his insulting way of approaching discussion. I have looked far and wide, been a regular observer, but nowhere can I find you once stepping in to assert that his tone, let alone his actual insulting posts, are out of order.

Why the inconsistency with LMTU? What makes his veiled insults more worthy of your intervention than those of GF- and I give GF complete credit for being a far more positive contributor of late- but where were you back then? I only ask because you seem to deign to be a 'poster emeritus', someone the moderator should respect the opinion of. Consistency should be an absolute with you, rather than picking spots to enforce the forum's morality.

IMHO

I have long since given up reading Gone Fishing's posts both here and on GTT. I have had more time lately
in doors due to the 40c+ weather we have been having down under, to catch up on SWD . I used to enjoy the forum and look forward to reading almost every day. Unfortunately a few clowns made it a personal plaything and almost killed it.

As for your comments on LMTU, you have not been around here a long time. I doubt if you could recall the many non de plumes he has used since being banned originally as LMTU, or the reasons why.

Your comment I only ask because you seem to deign to be a 'poster emeritus' is childish

Beachlover
January 15th, 2010, 05:23
I don't know, but despite his over the top delivery LMTU at least conveys THOUGHTS and OBSERVANCES that are either entertaining or informational. Unlike the posters who come out of the woodwork to only denigrate, criticize or knitpick others, LMTU seems to actually enjoy contributing, albeit in a vamp manner, stuff that is fun to read. His interplay with other posters alone is worth the visit. Mean spirited, dour respondents with no sense of humor seem to be the ones that he earns the enmity of, and strangely it doesn't bother me a bit. Go Figure (GF!)

I mean, and I say this as a true believer of Dodger's stories, if we concede that there is a shade of a chance that Dodger's posts are a bit fiction, mostly reality we all grant him that he tells a fantastic story. Why should LMTU be any different...his outlandishness and perseverance alone qualify him for some support as our village eccentric.

It's true what lonely wombat says... our reactions are based on a bit of history, which you might not have seen.

I agree LMTU enjoys posting and is particularly enthusiastic... but (1) Yes, he has been banned here before... (2) He can be pretty rude and insulting... looking down his nose on people [god only knows why] in a hifalutin way... (3) most [not all] of his posts are remarkably difficult to read... and (4) some of his reviews get a bit ridiculous with exaggerated praise...

I think it's all in good jest though... nothing serious about it in this case.

Diec
January 15th, 2010, 05:33
Beach, is there a post on this board you don't feel inclined to respond to? i particularly love the post where you have a Thai village with Thai people and you felt we needed to know that they spoke Thai amonst themselves.

January 15th, 2010, 06:45
I have long since given up reading Gone Fishing's posts both here and on GTT. I have had more time lately
in doors due to the 40c+ weather we have been having down under, to catch up on SWD . I used to enjoy the forum and look forward to reading almost every day. Unfortunately a few clowns made it a personal plaything and almost killed it.

As for your comments on LMTU, you have not been around here a long time. I doubt if you could recall the many non de plumes he has used since being banned originally as LMTU, or the reasons why.

Your comment I only ask because you seem to deign to be a 'poster emeritus' is childish

LW,

I'll accept what you say and did not mean to denigrate you at all. It makes sense the way you put it. I believe board members who say LMTU has been a nuisance in the past, but I can only go by what my feeling is when I read his posts. He seems harmless enough, if a bit over the top. Maybe it's because I dislike mean-spiritedness more than campiness.

I honestly DO consider you a 'poster emeritus'! I meant that as a COMPLIMENT! lol

Hugs,

JL

January 15th, 2010, 06:48
Re: Can he Kill the Gay Boycotte and save their decline?
Author: Diec ┬╗ Thu 14 Jan, 2010 6:33 pm

Beach, is there a post on this board you don't feel inclined to respond to? i particularly love the post where you have a Thai village with Thai people and you felt we needed to know that they spoke Thai amonst themselves.

Hey, these young guys are full of vim and vinegar, eager to weigh in. I like seeing what BL has to say and he does it in a thoughtful intelligent matter that doesn't offend anyone.

You're just teasing him, right?

Beachlover
January 15th, 2010, 09:39

What post was that?

Beachlover
January 15th, 2010, 09:44
ME! Banned............... how can I be banned, if im writing under my name LMTU if your banned so is your handle, its a complement if some one tried to copy your style.

Ok ok... let me be more politically correct... A poster named "Bottoms Up" who happens to post in a remarkably similar style to you (LMTU) was banned. :blackeye:

if your brain is in your dick

Nothing wrong with that.

giggsy
January 15th, 2010, 10:05

LOL.. He is obviously going for the most posts before dying or getting banned. :bis: :bis: :bis: If as he says he is still young and the only person he has a go at is lmtu..(because other people do it must be o.k.) and making a new post to answer every question. If Gone Fishing would have done that he would be in the millions now.

giggsy
January 15th, 2010, 10:16
I called in to see LMTU this morning at his villa and I thought he was not looking too well. While I was there the doctor came and I left them alone and waited outside.After about 20 minutes the doctor came out and being concerned about LMTU I ask the doctor how he was. "Oh he's not so good" said the doctor "sometimes he sits there just like a cabbage"
I said "well he can't be that bad if he's doing impressions." :laughing3: :love4: :laughing3:

January 15th, 2010, 11:55
See what I mean? Now that's funny, and I'm sure LMTU has no problem rolling with it without offense. Many of you play off him well, making him an instigator but hardly mean spirited.

January 15th, 2010, 14:19
See what I mean? Now that's funny, and I'm sure LMTU has no problem rolling with it without offense. Many of you play off him well, making him an instigator but hardly mean spirited.

Pray tell us why he previously stopped posting as LMTU, and posted under BottomsUp, got banned then returned with his original posting name?

January 15th, 2010, 14:57
Sanook why not try something new? Like postng something of interest!

I do find it of interest especially when it was so blatantly obvious with his complete lack of grammer.

giggsy
January 15th, 2010, 14:59

Well said sir. We don't have the cat :cat: going on and on about not smoking, we don't have the impala going on and on about contributing to the board. If we could just stop sanook/Hime/BL going on and on about LMTU we might all have a happy and peaceful new year. :love3:

January 15th, 2010, 15:23

Well said sir. We don't have the cat :cat: going on and on about not smoking, we don't have the impala going on and on about contributing to the board. If we could just stop sanook/Hime/BL going on and on about LMTU we might all have a happy and peaceful new year. :love3:

It would be even better if BottomsUp got himself a children's dictionary!

January 15th, 2010, 16:33
Sanook you continue to dissapoint now that I have corrected my grammer do you still have nothing of interest to post :idea:

"I"????????????????????

January 15th, 2010, 17:04
Dreaming again sannok, your turning into a bigger joke than the one above, are you not capable of telling us a story about Gay Thailand we can all find interesting and Informertive, or is that your problem your life is so boring you have to try to live through mine, may be next time your here you can book a table at Manhattans and give us the low down on the all new gay manager and the new Gay Clientel or is even that beyond you and your pocket. :violent1:

BottomsUp perhaps you can enlighten us as to why you were banned?

January 15th, 2010, 18:59

I love it when broad statements are made by individuals but are said without back up!!
Do please tell me about when and where I have 'gone on and on etc' about the man of many handles?
The problem is that when you look at this thread it screams of collusion or the need for backup. ( I think that LMTU is very capable of handling himself. Remember he has been at it a long time!)
Looking at the times, you and the others making up the 'gang of three', reply to each message in timing etc it is almost like you have coordinated with the other two or maybe three to be online at the same moment!!!
A very Happy New Year to you to.

January 15th, 2010, 21:17
Why the inconsistency with LMTU? What makes his veiled insults more worthy of your intervention than those of GF- and I give GF complete credit for being a far more positive contributor of late- but where were you back then?

Thank you - however if you find my insults veiled, that is my mistake; I usually try to tell it as I see it and make them clear to all.

January 15th, 2010, 22:24
Sanook it is only fair to give you some ideas on what you might post!

Is it very difficult for you to breathe with your head stuck so far up BottomsUp's arse, and pray what does it have to do with you what I might or do post?

January 16th, 2010, 02:13
This is getting tiresome!

Sorry that you feel this way 'HereforwhatIcangetoutofthis'!!!!
Do you know that there is an easy way..............bow out! Or is that too much for that brain of yours to comprehend?.

Patexpat
January 16th, 2010, 11:00
Hime you are obviously a deep thinker, though I would Sanook have check your grammar!

Is this a bad joke?

January 16th, 2010, 16:57
:)

Obviously with a reply like this then the battery power for that brain of yours must be at its end/use by date