PDA

View Full Version : Night in BKK, Phuket bound

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2010, 12:07
Landed in BKK last night at 8.30 (one hour early...yipee..) rushed to check in at the Dusit (company paying.....yipee...) only to find the place besiged by screeching teen girls....apparently some hugely popular Korean boy band is in town....I reckom they can't be that good if moi hasn't even heard of them!!!

Swinging my hand bag cleared a way to reception only to be told that the hotel was over booked and that I was been given a single room in the annex...and not the double in the Dusit proper.....strapped on my high heels and threw a bitch fit that paris hilton would have bveen proud of......got shown to what I can only describe as a small 2 bedroomed apartment withylounge and entrace hallway...felt like royalty...pays to bitch occasionally.

After an absence of 3 weeks (swung past BKK on my way to my end of the year hol) was in need of a boy fix and hastened off to catch a fuck show or two...glad to report that just about all the bars (fresh beach, BBB, x-size, classic..) are all putting on good shows...and as opposed to late december when the 2nd show at mid night was being cancelled or drastically scaled back most of the bars seemed to be offering a 2nd show....must have paid the men in blue (or is it brown) off.

Feeling surprisingly energetic considering I just climbed off an 11 hour flight I went boy shopping and picked a boy off the street...600baht and 2 hours later pushed him into the hallway and hit the sack...good start to a week in Thailand.

On my way to Phuket...staying at the Sheraton Laguna...anyone been there?...looks nice on the web page...... hope some fun is to be had...few weeks back enquired about gay Phuket and got a few tips...will most definitely do a bit of exploring.

zinzone
January 11th, 2010, 14:09
Entertaining report LT, so let us know about Phuket.
Amazing u can get it for 600 baht as usually min. is 1,000 but good luck to u!

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2010, 18:50
SHOCK....HORROR....trapped in a gilded cage...turns out that Sheratom Laguna is in a gated community...so no normal Thais allowed.....the taxis want 700 one way to patong (the supposedly gay area).....tried negotiating....no one will budge...

January 11th, 2010, 20:46
No worries...you fucked up. Just give me a PM and I'll pick you up and take you into Patong. What in the world were you thinking, girl! LAGUNA!?!!???

latintopxxx
January 12th, 2010, 12:36
Actually didn't have a choice....it's a work related conference....place is really nice (5 stars all the way...) but far too antiseptic for my liking....and its full of Russian breeders....enough to put me off my long island teas...anyway the only reason I wanted to go into town was to get a boy fix....seems like I may have a solution...involves a waiter and two security guards...will let you know if it worked out...

January 12th, 2010, 12:56
Phuket bound? Is that the same as being egg bound (http://www.birdvet.com.au/birdcare/EGG%20BINDING.htm)?

Beachlover
January 12th, 2010, 17:45
picked a boy off the street...600baht and 2 hours later pushed him into the hallway and hit the sack...

Oh wow... possibly the most romantic thing I have read here LOL. :blackeye:

Beachlover
January 12th, 2010, 17:48
Oh yeah... I don't get why people would (knowingly) choose to stay in these 5 star resorts in the middle of now where... like the ones on the hills above Patong Beach.

You pay through the nose for nice surroundings but it's a pain in the arse to get anywhere... unless you are on some kind of retreat and actually want to be isolated.

Beachlover
January 12th, 2010, 17:54
SHOCK....HORROR....trapped in a gilded cage...turns out that Sheratom Laguna is in a gated community...so no normal Thais allowed.....the taxis want 700 one way to patong (the supposedly gay area).....tried negotiating....no one will budge...

700?... Christ.

Suggestion (I have never done this myself... but give it a try)... when you get to Patong... look around for a private taxi. Around the main roads (Bangla etc.) you'll find guys standing around holding a "taxi" sign or a laminated map of Phuket. Ask them for their mobile number and give them a call each time you need to shuttle back and fourth from the hotel.

I imagine it would be much cheaper than a tuk tuk but even if it costs the same as the tuk tuk I'd rather do this than handover money to the price fixing fuckwits.

January 12th, 2010, 20:00
Not long ago, I rubbished something latintopxxxx said - that Rama IV Road was lined wall-to-wall with rentboys.

To be fair to him I will defend him in this post.

I went boy shopping and picked a boy off the street...600baht and 2 hours later pushed him into the hallway and hit the sack...good start to a week in Thailand.

Zinzone is correct that 1,000 would be the minimum, but that's if you off a boy from a bar. latintopxxx said he found one from the street, and I assume he meant Rama IV Road. In that case, 600 would not be unusual.