PDA

View Full Version : Boyz Town Pattaya

sydneyboy
January 11th, 2010, 07:47
I am currently in Pattaya for my 4th visit the last time being 5 years ago. I set out for Boyz Town and neighboring streets and did a bar crawl starting at about 10pm and could not believe how dead it was. In most of the venues there was at most one or two other customers, the boys were no where near the standard of previous visits and looked bored and disinterested (in the circumstances who could blame them?) Most disappointing was the BoyzBoyzBoyz Bar which on past visits had some the best looking boys of any bar in Thailand. Last night there was only a fraction of the number of boys of past visits and I was the only customer. What on earth is going on?

January 11th, 2010, 12:04
I am currently in Pattaya for my 4th visit the last time being 5 years ago ..... What on earth is going on?

The rise of Sunee Plaza and Jomtien Complex. Go take a look ... and compare prices.
Boyztown bars are all very expensive in comparison to the other areas.
The boys go where the customers are.

January 11th, 2010, 17:16
Boyz Town has become a tourist trap for first time visitors, straight people wanting to see gay people..like monkeys in a zoo, Chinese tourist being led on an expedition by a tour guide waving a flag over his head, and women in search of some dick. BoysBoyzBoyz boys are beginning to look like the over the hill gang.

As the previous poster said the action and the good looking guys have moved Sunee and Jomtien. Sunee is starting to develop a very Arab flavor. Step out of BoyzTown...and have a great time else where.

January 11th, 2010, 19:42
Please! Sunee Plaza is fine if you like 14 year olds, or want to smoke a huba-buba pipe, in fact I think it is being renamed Saudi Plaza, as for Jomtien, apart from The Venue, it is dead. Sure, Boyz Town is touristy, but the boys in Funny Boys/Copa/Toy boys are fine, I was in The Copa last night (early) and there was at least 20 boys/men on stage, a good mixture of girlie/camp ones, through to some very hunky one's (my off was fab) I stayed for the show, which is not something I normally do, and I quite enjoyed it. As for the place being dead, by 11pm the place was jam packed, I saw many people try to get in, but were turned away because there was nowhere for them to sit. I didn't go to any of the other venue's, so cannot comment on how busy they were.

January 11th, 2010, 20:52
I agree with Soi Tom. The Boyztown scene has turned tourist-jaded. No customer service, overpriced. All old boys and no 'freshness'. Internet savvy/ladyboy salon overgroomed and they pack a heckuva attitude.

Sunee rewards you with non-cynical guys, lower prices and an element of surprise. Jomtien is where the 'real' residents hang out and the real boys know that they have to deliver value.

In Boyztown, I'm told, no working boy under 22 is even allowed down the soi by the boys in brown...well FUCK THAT.

January 11th, 2010, 23:41
Please! Sunee Plaza is fine if you like 14 year olds, or want to smoke a huba-buba pipe, in fact I think it is being renamed Saudi Plaza, as for Jomtien, apart from The Venue, it is dead. Sure, Boyz Town is touristy, but the boys in Funny Boys/Copa/Toy boys are fine, I was in The Copa last night (early) and there was at least 20 boys/men on stage, a good mixture of girlie/camp ones, through to some very hunky one's (my off was fab) I stayed for the show, which is not something I normally do, and I quite enjoyed it. As for the place being dead, by 11pm the place was jam packed, I saw many people try to get in, but were turned away because there was nowhere for them to sit. I didn't go to any of the other venue's, so cannot comment on how busy they were.

I will give Funny Boys a pass they have a great Mamsan and boys that deliver what is promised. Toy Boys...has a lying Mamasan that will put you up in the Serene Hotel short time..with no water in the shower and a boy that can't even perform the most basic acts of whoredom. Copa is so far over the hill they can't even remember the hump!

Sunee is always getting trashed by the know nothing "I never go there BUT" crowd and World Vision folks, but it remains the center of the gay expat communities social gathering places. Bars like Oud's, Cornor Bar, Green Chairs, Come In Bar never have the underage working in them and remain busy every night. Memories Music Bar just sponsored a hugely successful fund raiser for the Pattaya Street Kids charity last night. Sure there are street urchins running the streets, but that has nothing to do with most of the bars. I suggest that you keep your mouth shut unless you are personally aware of a "Sunee problem"...and not some street urchins that work for the BIB, and one or two bars that the BIB sponsor.

Jomtien...take a second look at "?"...at least 30 boys of every description and a mamsan that is in the drivers seat and know what she is doing; the bar is packed with clients every night of the week. Festival...a small bar with great short time rooms and boys that perform at 100% of what is promised. There are many other gay bars and more opening all of the time. The sun is raising on Jomtien as it sets on BoyzTown.

lonelywombat
January 12th, 2010, 05:47
Sometimes we get confused about show bars and go go bars . The statement that Copa was packed at 11 pm
does not mean that they are doing good trade but just pulling crowds for their show, probably expats who have their one drink and go home. No profit in that. Same applies to WWB and BBB.

But what about the visitors/tourist where are they going and why are they not active in show bars other than show time.

As a businessman it frustrates me that the go go boys in these three showbars are paid a salary yet no attempt is made to market them. Off fees are 75% to the bar, why dont they use their head and promote special deals on offs. 2 drinks before 10.30 or after the show half price off.

I have 10 coffee lounges within 5 minutes walk from my home. All of them have these discount cards where 10 clicks you get one free. It amazes me the senior executives line up with workers for their card to be clipped

Taking Copa as an example, surely 10 offs at a discount plus 2 beers per person , is better than no discounts and no drinks either. Night after night after night.

I made a comment about expats seeing a show and having one drink and leaving. Maybe a free drink after 10 drinks on a card or a half price off , or maybe a raffle for a free off at a random time each night might attract interest. I am aware of many who are suffering from the exchange rates and this could prove interesting to them.

The shows have become very expensive and if there is nothing to interest and keep the tourist in the bar, they will continue to be empty before and after shows. I wonder if they are really making money at all,

January 12th, 2010, 06:02
The shows have become very expensive and if there is nothing to interest and keep the tourist in the bar, they will continue to be empty before and after shows. I wonder if they are really making money at all,

Shows are also less likely to draw the typical expat that lives in the area, because it's not like you're gonna go every week to the same show, right? The lower the volume, the less quality the boys will eventually become. It's a vicious cycle. Sunee might be like the graduate school for boywhores, where they try just a little bit harder and are a little less jaded.

Krazy Dragon is what BBB's probably used to be like on the enthusiasm level. Now all the old trade and muscle guys seem to dominate Boyztown.

sydneyboy
January 12th, 2010, 07:44
I went to Sunee last night for the first time ever. I had always avoided it on my past visits believing it was not very me. I should have listened to my instincts. I don't want to offend anyone but to describe the bars there as tragic would giving them praise they do not deserve. I fled back to Boyz Town to see if things had improved. Apart from a few more customers (but not that many!) they had not.

francois
January 12th, 2010, 09:05
Two strikes sydneyboy! Looking forward to your observations of Jomtien.

January 12th, 2010, 09:17
I went to Sunee last night for the first time ever. I had always avoided it on my past visits believing it was not very me. I should have listened to my instincts. I don't want to offend anyone but to describe the bars there as tragic would giving them praise they do not deserve. I fled back to Boyz Town to see if things had improved. Apart from a few more customers (but not that many!) they had not.

Ok, so Sunee is now off of your list. Be adventuress tonight; hop on the baht bus tonight and try Jotien Complex. I would recommend dinner at Aquarius at about 8PM: try their set menue, then a drink or two at "?" Bar, and the show at Venue. After that you can do a bar crawl around the Complex.

atri1666
January 12th, 2010, 09:44
Exactly my opinion hereforme and Soi 10 Tom

vanek333
January 12th, 2010, 09:49
I have to agree I was at BoyzBoyzBoyz earlier this year and not only found the talent somewhat disappointing but almost intimidating, was not game to look and smile as they where so desperate for a pick up, it was uncomfortable, I however always enjoyed the Copa Bar.

January 12th, 2010, 12:11
In Boyztown, I'm told, no working boy under 22 is even allowed down the soi by the boys in brown...well FUCK THAT.Who told you that jack?
Be adventuress tonight; hop on the baht bus tonight and try Jotien Complex.Wow. An adventuress at the Jotien Complex! That's something not to be missed. :8(

thrillbill
January 12th, 2010, 16:51
...I am not into go-go bars but wish there was a decent gay bar in Pattaya that sold drinks at fair prices and the cliental was a mix of ages and the local Thais that visited the bar were not into only the commercial scene. Bangkok certainly has a different scene than Pattaya.

January 13th, 2010, 12:06
...I am not into go-go bars but wish there was a decent gay bar in Pattaya that sold drinks at fair prices and the cliental was a mix of ages and the local Thais that visited the bar were not into only the commercial scene. Bangkok certainly has a different scene than Pattaya.Yes ... I wonder what the population of Bangkok is vs. Pattaya?

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2010, 13:51
Ohhhh, so when you guys all say BoyzTown is too commercialized, it's right, and the reason BoyzTown sucks. When I say it, everyone tells me I'm an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ok, ok... I see how that works.

Beachlover
January 13th, 2010, 16:52
Ohhhh, so when you guys all say BoyzTown is too commercialized, it's right, and the reason BoyzTown sucks. When I say it, everyone tells me I'm an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ok, ok... I see how that works.

Yep... youse youngins don't know nuthin lol.

January 13th, 2010, 19:19
Let's get real here: Boyztown, emblazoned in neon and near standard farang accommodation, attracts the curious...what woman who braves Pattaya wouldn't want to check it out??? And why shouldn't the ladies be welcomed? After all, boys are their first instincts. And that's before one even considers that most of the boys in BT are straight or at least bi. Where in the world are horny ladies to go for cute asian guys for cheap, good sex?? BOYZTOWN!!

Sunnee is for the adventorous looking for youth and the simpleness of casual hook ups. Jomtien is for the more sedate and civilized amongst us.

These three areas are so unique, so special when viewed in context with the rest of the world you should all enjoy it while it lasts. Thailand condescends to allow these special venues to exist for our pleasures. If a 'touristy' Boyztown prolongs our ability to enjoy all of Pattaya's boy charms, then I am perfectly willing to go along with that.