PDA

View Full Version : A little Pattaya in Philadelphia USA

bucknaway
January 10th, 2010, 06:48
I stopped at a Thai restaurant while in Philadelphia. It is the only Thai Restaurant outside of Pattaya named for Pattaya in the Delaware/PA area. I thought it interesting enough to take some picks for some of you to enjoy....

bao-bao
January 10th, 2010, 07:04
Yes, but can you "off" the waiters?

Just kidding! :rolling:

As nice as some of them are here, when I eat at Thai restaurants it really makes me wish I were back overseas.

Beachlover
January 10th, 2010, 18:33
You know how many cities have a "Chinatown"?

Sydney has a "Thainatown"... and it just keeps getting bigger. Every second restaurant is Thai... there's a Thai massage place on every corner... Thai supermarket... Thai cafe... and lots and lots of Thais everywhere. Whenever I walk around this part of the city I hear people speaking Thai.

jvt22222
January 11th, 2010, 08:32
I cannot get Buck's pics to open ........ by the way, there is a Pattaya Restaurant in Penfield NY, near Rochester ....... here is their web site>>>>

http://www.pattayathai.net/

January 11th, 2010, 11:48

Sydney has a "Thainatown"... and it just keeps getting bigger. Every second restaurant is Thai... there's a Thai massage place on every corner... Thai supermarket... Thai cafe... and lots and lots of Thais everywhere. Whenever I walk around this part of the city I hear people speaking Thai.

The Australian embassy has a reputation for handing out visas to anyone with morals similar to their own.

ceejay
January 11th, 2010, 16:48
A quick google reveals a Pattaya Restaurant (no website) in Sauciehall Street, Glasgow as well.

Beachlover
January 11th, 2010, 19:30

The Australian embassy has a reputation for handing out visas to anyone with morals similar to their own.

Most of the Thais I see are here studying... which means lots of young Thais. Also lots of horny Thai boys feeling lonely far from home.

Education is a multi-billion dollar export here.

jimnbkk
January 11th, 2010, 22:56
I can't get Buck's pics to open either? What's wrong?

bao-bao
January 12th, 2010, 02:29
I'd bet on it being the overhaul Elephantspike's having to do on the board. Check the sticky at the top of the forum - he's working on getting things back to normal.

Note I said "things", which unfortunately doesn't include some of the posting maniacs here. :cheers:

January 12th, 2010, 03:40
Education is a multi-billion dollar export here.

Well it was until some of you boys started playing with matches. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/01/09/2788748.htm

Student applications are said to be down by over 40%

Beachlover
January 12th, 2010, 04:09
Turnover could fall by 40% and it would still be a billion dollar export...

I'm not sure if the whole "safety of Indian students in Australia" uproar is justified or just hysteria.

There have been horrific murders of students of all nationalities over the years... as happens in every country (not just Australia). Every major city has its fair share of crime. I guess the Indians may feel victimised.