PDA

View Full Version : Starting over from scratch

elephantspike
January 9th, 2010, 07:16
I had to reinstall a fresh copy of the files for phpbb to correct an error. All the posts and users are still current, as it is the same database. I'm going to need to redo all of the edits for all the extras and mods and customizations. It's gonna take me a few days to bring it all back.

Beachlover
January 9th, 2010, 09:25
Well done... I guess the user post search function is fixed.

I like the "new look"... much cleaner. Actually just noticed it's because the ads aren't there anymore!... Guess you need to get the ads back up and running.

elephantspike
January 9th, 2010, 09:38
Well, if I don't fix the ads soon, some of my pre-paid advertisers might be upset. I think I may be able to get this working sooner than I thought, though.

Brad the Impala
January 9th, 2010, 14:58
Yes, the User/Post Searches are working again, thanks! Good luck with the rest. The whole thing is a mystery to me!

January 9th, 2010, 15:39
I feel your pain. At times phpbb can be a real headache.

elephantspike
January 11th, 2010, 01:54
OK, I've got the Portal reinstalled, and updated the version while I'm at it. Now I just need to customize my blocks to replace the default ones of the Stargate Portal creators, then bring back my custom headers and drop-down menus, the prosilver_se style, and the blogs, calender, and albums. 2 or 3 days and we'll be back to normal.

vanek333
January 13th, 2010, 06:19
NEW TO THIS SITE HAVE REGISTERED WHY CAN i NOT SEE MESSAGES SENT TO ME???

Smiles
January 13th, 2010, 11:13
NEW TO THIS SITE HAVE REGISTERED WHY CAN i NOT SEE MESSAGES SENT TO ME???
Eh ... try reading this thread. You may get a clue.

gerefan2
January 13th, 2010, 21:59
Mr elephant
Can we have the back button reinstated please? It is so convenient for getting back to the list of threads.
It keeps saying cannot display or something... :evil4:
g2

Beachlover
January 14th, 2010, 03:46
Just use tabs to browse and you never have to worry about going back. Hold down control when you click on a link.