PDA

View Full Version : two weeks in Good Old Pattaya

urban cowboy-old
January 6th, 2010, 22:35
I am happy to report once more I have spent two weeks in Good Old Pattaya during the first half of December, my sixth trip to Thailand since 2005. This time I decided not to stay in Pattaya but in Jomtien, I go there to the beach quite often anyway so I could just as well try to use the baht buses the other way around.

The beach was relaxing as always although there were two things I did not like. The water temperature was not as hot as usual, perhaps only my imagination? And the тАЬgay sectionтАЭ of the beach was not so gay anymore. I walked as usual to the тАЬtoilet houseтАЭ and the Room Club Hotel and then went down to the water. Fat German females everywhere squeezed in between the normal fat old gay farang men in tight speedos, young Russian hetero hunks and plenty of thai boys cruising around looking for love and business. What a mixture! I walked along the water front even further towards Pattaya Park Tower, but females everywhere. Excuse me for being old fashioned but it was so much nicer when they gay beach felt gay. What has happened? What to do?

Anyway I had a really good time when I spent quite a number of lazy afternoons on the beach in a comfortable chair with excellent service from the beach staff. I could not help noticing a big number of gay farangs ordering leg massage all the time. One hour with one boy and then after just a few minutes a new boy for another hour. Hour after hour! How can they endure this amount of leg massage? Do they have legs of steel or are they starving for human attention?

Since I stayed this time in Jomtien I took advantage not only of the beach entertainment but more of the Jomtien night life than usual. Bondi Beach Bar was a nice surprise! Good entertainment by friendly singers Willy and Mandy. Willy was very charming and a good entertainer. A bar with atmosphere! Good service. One night the bar boys were dressed in a pair of braces (only). So sexy!

In Jomtien Complex I spent quite some times in Question Mark. Very friendly and well behaved boys who are very interested in offering massage upstairs. Give them a chance, I did. The massage was perhaps not the best I have had, but I was more than satisfied. And they had so many boys in Question Mark so I suppose they cater for most tastes. Two Faces I like as well, but the boys there were a little bit too pushy for my liking. Lubov Boys on the other side of the soi I went to only once for a cocktail, but I were because of different reasons not able to give the hosts a chance to take care of me the way they wanted.

When coming back from the beach it is great to take a drink in Dick┬┤s Caf├й sitting overlooking the Duo Massage, Festival Pub and Derby Club. What a view! The boys in Derby Club look a little bit rough, playing football and showing off all the time outside the entrance. The boys in Duo and Festival look more traditionally gay. I tried the massage one afternoon in Duo and there they know massage. And what a service! I showered more times than I can count. Undressing, shower, Finnish sauna, shower, steam sauna, shower, massage, shower, more massage, shower, etc. Full service! Value for money!

And the food in Jomtien Complex is excellent! Good prices. L┬┤Olivier has food to die for. Four course menus: soup, best cold buffet you can imagine, main course of your choice, dessert. Aquarius just opposite the soi has also food to die for and the cutest waiters you have ever seen in your life. You could eat them as well! Probably you can have them for dessert, but I was full.

The Venue Show Bar offers great entertainment! What a show! Professional dancers in fancy costumes. The crying boy in the end of the show is just adorable. I want to take care of him. Almost every night a retired drag queen is lip synching to a song. She┬┤s too old to move on the stage, but she moves her lips and hands. She can keep the same routine when she is too old to stand upright, then she can do exactly the same show sitting in a wheel chair. But it is nice to know for all of us that old age does not necessarily mean the end of the world as we know it.

Sansuk Sauna in the middle of nowhere between Jomtien and Pattaya is well worth a visit. Great service! Great food, but not as good as L┬┤Olivier and Aquarius. It is very relaxing to spend a few hours in Sansuk after a day on the beach. And the thais there really want your body, not your wallet.

When it comes to Sunee Plaza Area I never miss Little Mango. Good food and cheap. Excellent view of the soi VC with the never ending action. Everything can happen. A baby elephant walked by and I just had to buy some elephant food from the keeper and deliver it to the trunk. But I am aware the little elephant risks accidents in the terrible traffic with all the motor cycles, but just couldn┬┤t stop myself from a close encounter with the cute little elephant. The Belgian restaurant, I never remember the name, between Little Mango and Yensabei Condotel is always reliable and well worth a visit.

Oud┬┤s Caf├й is a must. Oud is a funny little guy and if I ever open a venue in Thailand I will find someone like Oud as a front figure. And the hosts in Oud┬┤s are really hosts. They have style and finesse, something hosts in other host bars should try to learn. Not only pretty faces and sexy bodies, but they have pretty faces and sexy bodies as well. Mike┬┤s La Cage Bar I really like as well. Small and intimate. Hosts not too pushy, but nice, sweet and polite. Happy Hour. Happenings very often. Swedish Drag Queen Edith Crepp singing live one night. Great show.

Crazy Pub and Howard┬┤s Hotel Bar are worth to mention as well. They were open on the King┬┤s Birthday when everything else in Jomtien and Sunee Plaza were closed. On a regular night it is great fun to sit in Howard┬┤s drinking, talking to the lads and ordering food from the street vendors passing by. Something new in the area was Enjoy Karaoke. I love karaoke when in Thailand, at least once per visit in Thailand. I always go in the end of each trip with the nicest boy I have met during that trip and let him sing his little heart out. With a bottle of Pipers and nice company you can enjoy a very special night that will be worth to remember.

Only one night I spent in Boystown, but from there I have nothing new to report. Well I was actually in Boystown two times, on the Gay Festival Street Party as well. The chubby drag queen from Copa┬┤s Show Bar was dancing her ass off. She┬┤s great in more than one way. One British Drag Queen was singing and telling jokes in a skilful and entertaining way. Have forgotten her name but I think she performed in Bondi Beach Bar another night. Boys from different bars parading around. One from UK imported female was singing live and was the star of the night. Good voice but her repertoire was not fit for the occasion, but would perhaps have been appreciated by a bunch of middle aged lesbians. The audience was old male farangs, their thai boy dates and all the staff of BoystownтАж..

Two weeks I could spend in Jomtien and Pattaya, but still there were many places I had no time to visit or revisit. Happy Boys I just forgot although I have liked it a lot in the past. Crazy Dragon I missed this time. Hardly no go go bars at all for me on this trip, I prefer host bars. Montys in Jomtien I never went into this time, same goes for Bamboo Bar. So many bars and so little timeтАж..

Surfcrest
January 7th, 2010, 08:26
An excellent report, thank you very much urban cowboy!

lonelywombat
January 7th, 2010, 09:56
young Russian hetero hunks and plenty of thai boys cruising around looking for love and business. What a mixture!

Anyway I had a really good time when I spent quite a number of lazy afternoons on the beach in a comfortable chair with excellent service from the beach staff. I could not help noticing a big number of gay farangs ordering leg massage all the time. One hour with one boy and then after just a few minutes a new boy for another hour. Hour after hour! How can they endure this amount of leg massage? Do they have legs of steel or are they starving for human attention?

Since I stayed this time in Jomtien I took advantage not only of the beach entertainment but more of the Jomtien night life than usual. Bondi Beach Bar was a nice surprise! Good entertainment by friendly singers Willy and Mandy. Willy was very charming and a good entertainer. A bar with atmosphere! Good service. One night the bar boys were dressed in a pair of braces (only). So sexy!

And the food in Jomtien Complex is excellent! Good prices. L┬┤Olivier has food to die for. Four course menus: soup, best cold buffet you can imagine, main course of your choice, dessert. Aquarius just opposite the soi has also food to die for and the cutest waiters you have ever seen in your life. You could eat them as well! Probably you can have them for dessert, but I was full.

Great post and I enjoyed it.Thanks a lot. Whenever my condo is rented I usually stay down Jomtien in the main to avoid the annoying trip back by baht bus or motorbike and the traffic jams. The walk to the beach from Poseiden or VT 1,2,3.4,5.6 is not far and gives me a chance to drop into out of the way bars and cafes on the way home As you said great dining at night. Breakfast or brunch on the beach is great.

Leg massages. A lot but not all of the leg massages are soft sex with some boys almost offering a happy ending in the chair. The hand strays into the jocks very early in the massage as a trial to see what tip might be forthcoming

I had to scroll up your post one handed after reading about the russian hetro boys looking for love and business, and that was before the waiters at Bondi only wearing braces. How brazen, how original how delightful. If I can dial one handed I will book my next flight now. hehehe

For readers that do not know of the places you mentioned I recommend this great gay Pattaya map site
http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm Look for Jomtien complex
This shows L'oliviers as well as Cafe Ritz and Mignons. All my favourites

Finally Bamboo down on the beach alternates with Bondi for my after beach tipple or tickle depending on which I select.

CoffeeBreak
January 7th, 2010, 10:28
This is a first rate report, informative and well written, so well done Cowboy. How refreshing to read a decent trip report.
Unlike for instance that one from Dodger which is full of conceit and its' his own deluded self importance and bragging about going bare back etc etc
Anyway:
- thank you OP.

Patexpat
January 7th, 2010, 10:59
As a resident may I say that this report is really excellent and a great source of current info for any imminent visitors - thank you !!

January 7th, 2010, 12:01
These kinds of posts are the reason I come to the board. Especially because I fall into the trap of crossing places off my list at someplace along the line and forget about them. Posts like this help me to give places, which are always changing away, another shot and saves LOADS of time!

Thanks Urban Cowboy!

thrillbill
January 9th, 2010, 11:03
Though I do my social scene mostly in BKK (I live in Pattaya) I enjoy Urban Cowboy's post on the Pattaya gay scene, especially the one on Jomtien (I forget about that night spot). I had to chuckle about his one night in Boystown, the place hasn't changed since the 6 years I have lived here. It was refreshing to see something written in a rational manner. (What happened to the trolls reading this always ready to attack? )

bao-bao
January 10th, 2010, 03:07
Wow... two well-done posts by new members in the same week (I also enjoyed the one from New2009). Thank you for taking the time to post - and welcome!