PDA

View Full Version : New Greek Restaurant Bangkok

firecat69
January 6th, 2010, 08:21
A friend and I went to Soi 4 in Bangkok to have dinner. It was our intent to have dinner at Telephone Bar. Just before we got there on the same side we saw a new Greek restaurant named Souvlaki Greek Grill. We looked at the extensive menu and with some encouragement from a waiter we decided to give it a try.

We started off with some pita bread in olive oil and some garlic bread both of which were very good. My friend ordered a Pork Gyro which was stuffed with meat and a wonderful sauce. He then ordered a chicken platter and I ordered a Kilo of charcoal grilled lamb Chops. That's right a Kilo ,more then one person could possibly eat at only 450 baht.

We ordered some french fries with cheese and some feta cheese. They actually brought lemons with the food. I say this because lemons are fairly rare in Thailand and bars and most restaurants give you limes.

Anyways the Lamb was wonderful cooked medium rare as ordered and the chicken platter was very good. The service was excellent within certain constraints. if you order things from the charcoal grill it will take awhile. Depending on people in the restaurant the grill is not so big .

Can't really find a fault with this restaurant. Open for lunch and dinner. I f you want a quick snack order a Gyro and french fries for a total of 160 baht and I don't think you'll leave hungry. For dinner I think you'll be pleased with whatever you order.

They also deliver
MultiQuote

Brad the Impala
January 6th, 2010, 19:07
Thanks for recommendation, but perhaps best in the Thailand Forum rather than Global!

Beachlover
January 6th, 2010, 19:41
New?

So you're alive... I thought you had a heart attack.

January 7th, 2010, 14:44
New?

about 2 years old......many restaurants dont even last 2 years!

firecat69
January 7th, 2010, 16:49
Well they must really be doing something right. I f I haven't noticed them for 2 years , I'm sure many others have not and they are still there.

So hopefully others who don't always notice everything will give it a chance on their next visit to Soi 4.

TrongpaiExpat
January 7th, 2010, 20:44
I have eaten there a few times, very good. There has been posts on this restaurant before, pretty positive.

Ahh, french fries covered with melted cheese. Best to have this with a Lipitor on the rocks and an angioplasty on the side.

January 9th, 2010, 03:08
Ahh, french fries covered with melted cheese. Best to have this with a Lipitor on the rocks and an angioplasty on the side.And people still bang on about the Mediterranean diet being good for the heart.

quiet1
January 9th, 2010, 08:13
And people still bang on about the Mediterranean diet being good for the heart.
"For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION
Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you."

(I can't recall the source. I copied/pasted that from someplace years ago...)

January 9th, 2010, 09:16
5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.An unfortunate statistic if true.

thrillbill
January 9th, 2010, 10:11
When this Greek bistro opened up next to the Telephone Bar a year ago I tried it a couple times and enjoyed the food. The problem with the place is that the Greek owner (married to a Thai) sits out on their small 3X2 meter square outdoor sitting area (with only three tables) and smokes up a storm with her friends...if you go inside, the seating is at a narrow bar along the wall (great to face a wall when you are with friends). Note: there are a couple tables upstairs. Poor interrior design. Three months ago I walked over (from the Balcony) and ordered a chicken gyro that use to be top-notch; but this time it was of poor quality mystery meat. Turned me off. I think the place is hurting for customers but maybe the peak season will liven it up.

TrongpaiExpat
January 9th, 2010, 21:46
Maybe they heard your complaint Thrillbill. I just walked past the place and there's some added tables, nice ones with white table cloths and new chairs. The owner was not sitting outside smoking up a storm and some guy was paying a Politiko (Constantinople) Lute for the customers. Seems to be doing a good business now.