PDA

View Full Version : Sansuk Guesthouse

AMARETTO-old
January 5th, 2010, 06:24
Two years that I haven't been to Pattaya, I am planning my next trip to Thailand on June 2010.
I would like to know how far is the "Sansuk GH" from the main road and if it is safe to go from the main road to the guesthouse late in the night ?
Do they have a boy with motorbike to pick up their guest at night ?

bucknaway
January 5th, 2010, 07:26
You can send an e-mail to sansuk and they would be happy to answer your questions.

If you hate, hate, hate to walk than the main road will be too far away. If you don't mind walking than the main road is about a 5 minute walk.

It has been a couple of years since I was last there and can't tell you anything about what services they may offer.

HawaiiBoy
January 5th, 2010, 07:30
Yes, there is a miniature tuktuk on duty to ferry customers, though I don't know the hours he keeps. The suggestion that you contact them directly about this is spot on.

I have toured the guest house and it is wonderfully furnished, a bargain for the price requested.

January 5th, 2010, 16:36
The "minature Tuk Tuk" does not really operate for the benefit of the Hotel Guests - it is there primarily to ferry the Sauna Customers to and from the main road.

The problem you will encounter therefore is that the "Tuk Tuk" only operates when the Sauna is open i.e from around 2pm until closing time. Outside those hours you are faced with a 5/10 minute walk to the main road to catch a baht bus, or alternatively getting a taxi to pick you up and take you to your destination which gets to be a bit of a pain in the pocket after a few times. Similarly, coming back at a late hour there will be no "tuk tuk" from the main road, so if you are not in a taxi, you will have to walk down the lane which is not all that well-lit. At least at night it is cool, but during the day the walk to the main road can leave you soaked in sweat.

I would say that safety-wise I have not found it an issue. Although the lane is dark and secluded at night we did not feel unsafe or threatened at all.

Before the usual suspects start picking holes in anything I have said, can I make it clear that I am referring to the GUEST HOUSE/HOTEL entrance, not the Sauna entrance (completely separate - although you can walk through). I have no idea whether the Sauna entrance is well-lit or not.

Finally, I would recommend the accomodation - it is spotlessly clean, well furnished with good facilities and good air con in the rooms (but effectively not in the public areas where the Thai staff helpfully leave every door and window open thus nullifying any possible benefit of air con). If you need an orthopaedic bed then this is the place for you as the matresses are FIRM to say the least. The ONLY issue for me is getting to and from the main road as described.

Hope this helps

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

AMARETTO-old
January 6th, 2010, 06:30
Thanks guys for your answers....I will try to contact them directly, as for now I really don't know what to do.

January 6th, 2010, 11:37
Trawl through previous threads over the last 6 months or so, and you will find that Sansuk has been extensively reviewed. The sauna is particularly appreciated by residents and non-residents. Unfortunately I'm excluded from the fun because of blood pressure problems - heat (but not boy) sensitive.

jvt22222
January 7th, 2010, 07:40
I have been asked to post the following by a friend of Sansuk and Howard's Guest House ...... for reasons that neither he nor I can figure out, he is unable to "post", even with the help of the Moderator:

QUOTE:I spoke to the owner of Sansuk, Khun Punya about the police raid that never happened тАУ Where do these rumours originate I wonder???

Asked Punya, the owner of both Sansuk and Howard's Guest House тАУ he said тАШWalking down Soi 11 off Thappraya Road late at night is quite safe тАУ there are many guards and spotlights that come on as you walk down the Soi past the Magic Castle.

There is a Motorbike TukTuk which picks up customers on the main road and ferries them down to the Sauna or Guesthouse and back again, but only when the Sauna is open. If you want a motorbike taxi there is usually one at the top of Soi 11, if not phone Sansuk Reception on 038 364 356 and they will get someone to pick you up, however late it is.

Hope this information helps. END QUOTE

vanek333
January 13th, 2010, 05:00
Hey Buddy
The Guest house is down a laneway, which at night I would be a little wary of, however bikes will take you there and they do have a service to drop you up to the main road, the accom is great and the sauna very clean, food is good and staff excellent we will be back there this March, unfortunatly only for three days, but better than nothing, Oh the pool is also very nice.

January 14th, 2010, 02:08
...Walking down Soi 11 off Thappraya Road late at night is quite safe тАУ there are many guards and spotlights that come on as you walk down the Soi past the Magic Castle...... If you want a motorbike taxi there is usually one at the top of Soi 11...

Whilst I did say in my previous contribution that I felt safe enough walking down the lane to the Guesthouse, I have to say that I have never seen a guard far less "many guards" - spotlights, yes I agree there are some.

Similarly I have never seen a motorbike taxi at the top of the lane leading to the guesthouse at night. I cannot imagine that anybody would alight from a baht bus on Thappraya Rd, call the Guesthouse and then wait for a mororbike taxi to take them down the lane! Especialy in the pissing rain!

I am also confused as to whether the aforementioned Soi 11 leads to the Sauna or to the Guesthouse, it surely cannot lead to both as the sauna entrance is down a different street to the Guesthouse entrance

:hello1: :hello1:

vanek333
January 14th, 2010, 05:16
I have to agree with scottish-guy, Sansuk is great value, the staff are great, and value for money is an understatment about $70.00 Australian, pool, pool table, free sauna enterance, night club, etc, where could you go wrong, I my last visit i had three days where I didn't moove from the pool area.
GREAT :headbang:

January 14th, 2010, 07:32
Mien Got тАУ Some of your bloggers are real wankers тАШGet a lifeтАЩ comes to mind!
The sad sack that canтАЩt fathom out how Soi 11 off Thappraya Road can lead to both Sansuk Sauna and Sansuk Guesthouse should have a shooftie at the Location map on www.sansukpattaya.com (http://www.sansukpattaya.com) тАУ solvrem plobbed

vanek333
January 14th, 2010, 07:54
Just another Question guys, does anyone know what the building is in the lane way with the lifesize statues of guards out the front (or back, not quite sure) looks like a hotel?

January 15th, 2010, 03:14
I have been asked to post the following by a friend of Sansuk and Howard's Guest House ...... for reasons that neither he nor I can figure out, he is unable to "post", even with the help of the Moderator:

QUOTE:I spoke to the owner of Sansuk, Khun Punya about the police raid that never happened тАУ Where do these rumours originate I wonder???

Asked Punya, the owner of both Sansuk and Howard's Guest House тАУ he said тАШWalking down Soi 11 off Thappraya Road late at night is quite safe тАУ there are many guards and spotlights that come on as you walk down the Soi past the Magic Castle.

There is a Motorbike TukTuk which picks up customers on the main road and ferries them down to the Sauna or Guesthouse and back again, but only when the Sauna is open. If you want a motorbike taxi there is usually one at the top of Soi 11, if not phone Sansuk Reception on 038 364 356 and they will get someone to pick you up, however late it is.

Hope this information helps. END QUOTE
How long is it to walk from the mainroad to Sansuk?

January 15th, 2010, 04:27
Just another Question guys, does anyone know what the building is in the lane way with the lifesize statues of guards out the front (or back, not quite sure) looks like a hotel?

It's a computer company.

January 15th, 2010, 04:31
How long is it to walk from the mainroad to Sansuk?

About 300 metres; mostly downhill.