View Full Version : best hotel in bangkok

paperboy
January 5th, 2010, 02:22
i was just thinking to myself as a young gay traveler from spain. i will be in bangkok also, what does the forum think of a good hotel gay or not to stay in, so i am close to the gay scen and night life.
any responce would be great
thanks again to everyone

paperboy

Brad the Impala
January 5th, 2010, 03:25
Perhaps you could manage a little research prior to asking for posters' input, at this destination. Unlike in Pattaya, where you asked for advice which you then ignored! Will you be travelling to Chiang Mai?

A search of this forum gives you 500 matches to read, many of which may be relevant.

Bangkok + Hotels (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?keywords=Bangkok+%2B+Hotels&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search)

paperboy
January 5th, 2010, 03:28
hi sorry
thats what a forum was all about
soory again

Brad the Impala
January 5th, 2010, 03:46
hi sorry
soory again

It is, that is why there are 500 matches to this regular question. When you go to Trip Advisor, you first read what people have already written, right?

Click on this link for the last 500 occasions when "Bangkok" and "Hotel" have been in the same post on this forum (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?keywords=Bangkok+%2B+Hotels&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search)

If going to the Agoda site, as jinks mentioned previously, go through the link on the opening page of this site, rather than the link which soi_toi has courteously(and unhelpfully for ES) provided above.

Beachlover
January 5th, 2010, 05:46
Best hotel in Bangkok is this one... with the outdoor jacuzzi and all :king:

http://www.peninsula.com/Bangkok/en/def ... ace_Suite/ (http://www.peninsula.com/Bangkok/en/default.aspx#/Bangkok/en/Accommodation/The_Grand_Terrace_Suite/)

Willing to bet this is Andyinoz if it can be proven... any takers?

January 5th, 2010, 07:20
Author: Brad the Impala ┬╗ Mon 4 Jan, 2010 4:46 pm

paperboy wrote:
hi sorry
soory again

It is, that is why there are 500 matches to this regular question. When you go to Trip Advisor, you first read what people have already written, right?

Click on this link for the last 500 occasions when "Bangkok" and "Hotel" have been in the same post on this forum

If going to the Agoda site, as jinks mentioned previously, go through the link on the opening page of this site, rather than the link which soi_toi has courteously(and unhelpfully for ES) provided above.

And now there are 504 matches...

January 5th, 2010, 08:13
Best hotel in Bangkok is this one... with the outdoor jacuzzi and all :king:

http://www.peninsula.com/Bangkok/en/def ... ace_Suite/ (http://www.peninsula.com/Bangkok/en/default.aspx#/Bangkok/en/Accommodation/The_Grand_Terrace_Suite/)

Willing to bet this is Andyinoz if it can be proven... any takers?

I am sure The Peninsula is very nice, but The Oriental is one of the best hotels in the world. However I think their joiners policy might not suit some people, and sandals with socks are frowned upon.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/mandarin_oriental_hotel.html

January 5th, 2010, 15:18
The Peninsula has already surpassed the Oriental in terms of ratings..

Personally, I've always been happy with any of the Marriott properties in Thailand, and they never charged me any joiners fee.
Generally, in Bangkok, 4star hotels are more likely to charge for guests, while 5stars usually don't.

Beachlover
January 5th, 2010, 17:33
Yeah, I know... I was joking about the Peninsula because in their best rooms you get your own private outdoor jacuzzi on a terrace overlooking the Bangkok skyline. God, that would be nice to bring a date back to. Every hotel room should have that...

January 7th, 2010, 12:37
Yeah, I know... I was joking about the Peninsula because in their best rooms you get your own private outdoor jacuzzi on a terrace overlooking the Bangkok skyline. God, that would be nice to bring a date back to. Every hotel room should have that...

You mean the Peninsula won't allow Thai guests? i.e. cannot bring a "hired" guy back?

Beachlover
January 7th, 2010, 17:19
Do you assume all "Thai guests" are "hired guests"?

I've never stayed at the Peninsula but I can't imagine there should be an issue bringing someone back for the night.

January 15th, 2010, 13:52
Do you assume all "Thai guests" are "hired guests"?

No, I didn't mean that.. I know some hotels are touchy about prostitutes but I guess some just don't want us to bring additional guests.

When I go for fun I have taken guys back that are both "friends" (picked up in DJ Station, etc) and offed boys from bars.. I usually stayed at the Banyan Tree and all except once were we stopped .. we were walking toward the elevator when a manager said something to my "guest" (that time a boy I offed) but before he could reply I fleshed out my door card and told the manager that I was taking him up for drinks in the rooftop bar. I asked the boy later what the manager was saying but my "friend's" English was very limited so I couldn't really make sense of what he was saying..

Beachlover
January 15th, 2010, 17:11
I used to expect to get some dirty looks bringing boys back to my hotel from a night out but all I've ever had are polite wais... I guess when they're the same age as you it's not out of the ordinary and in Thailand the Gay thing is a moot point.

Beachlover
January 15th, 2010, 17:49
I stayed at the Dusit BKK last year... no problems bringing guests in. No joiners fee or questions... all they do is wai politely... even when it's like 3am in the morning.

I think some other posters have reported having no issue with joiners as well.

Probably the most convenient location of any hotel in Silom.

January 15th, 2010, 17:51
GAY HOTEL

If you want a nice Hotel, that has the same Marble Bath rooms as the Dusit for thousands of baht less, try BBB INN 1200 baht a night, anything goes, nothing wrong with it and its where all the action is.
BBB Inn
918 Rama 4 Rd
Phone: (0) 2236 - 2259 Fax: (0) 2234 - 3667
Used as a short time hotel for the Soi Pratuchai bats around the corner, but also does regular accommodation, has 17 standard rooms and 6 deluxe rooms with double bed, air-conditioning, minibar, hot shower and TV with UBC. Rooms from 1,200 to 1,500 Baht/night. No extra charge guests. Member of the BBB Group.

Errrrr ........ No. :rolling:

LMTU has completely taken leave of his senses on this one. There is no comparison between the Dusit and BBB Inn. They are leagues apart.

If you want a very good, gay hotel try Tarntawan Place. It has some detractors but it's the best gay hotel in Bangkok.

January 15th, 2010, 18:14
Count me in on that Patrick, I am definately a detractor!
A few years ago I would have waxed lyrically about how good this hotel is, now,I'm afraid, it's decline in housekeeping standards and value for money leave it quite well out of the equation.
Yes, I have lambasted this establishment in the past, yes, many newbie's in BKK will love it, NO it is most certainly not the best gay hotel in BKK!

January 15th, 2010, 20:00
LMTU has completely taken leave of his senses on this one.

Tell us something new patrick, there wasn't any sense there in the first instance.

January 16th, 2010, 01:47
I do find it annoying that Tarntawan Place Hotel has discontinued its promotions (high season) and now the Suriwongse-facing rooms are about 3,000 Baht/night. The furnishings have been looking a bit seedy for some years and the breakfasts are uninspiring. However, they have many years experience as a gay-friendly accommodation and they expect all their guests to bring back at least one boy per night. I think next time in Bangkok, IтАЩll try the new Glitz Hotel, or the old but refurbished Rose Hotel. Both of them are gay friendly and probably cheaper than Tarntawan. I stayed opposite Tarntawan last time, at the Tawana, but I felt it was тАЬgay-toleratedтАЭ rather than gay friendly.

January 16th, 2010, 03:03
... even when it's like 3am in the morning.What time is it actually? I thought the only time "like" 3am was 3am itself.
However, they have many years experience as a gay-friendly accommodation and they expect all their guests to bring back at least one boy per night.What penalties do they impose if you don't live up to their expectations? I have never stayed there (I'm a BBB Inn person myself) but I just hate it when I suspect hotel staff may be sneering at my under-achieving; your comment has quite put me off staying there on my next visit to Bangkok.

paperboy
January 16th, 2010, 05:59
hi everyone

since i started this thread, i think i will give you my tuppence worth

I have decided on the malaysia hotel for 3 good reasons:
1. the price 975 bahts a night
2. location
3.they have a swimming pool

I have lokked and lokked at hundreds if not millions of hotels
but try beat the those 3 points on another hotel???????????????????????????????
i only want to sleep and shag, and the odd swim in the morning sort of hotel

thanks again for all your help

paperboy

January 16th, 2010, 12:09
For many year I use to stay at the DUSIT THANI HOTEL untill they employed getarpo to stop you bringing in a joiner with out paying 1000 bht extra.http://www.dusit.com/hotels/thailand/ba ... index.html (http://www.dusit.com/hotels/thailand/bangkok/dusit_thani/index.html)

I stayed once in Dusit years ago and my guest was refused entry.. it was at least some 10 yrs ago and I have never stayed there again since. I talked to a Thai friend about it some years later and he said he heard (he's in the hotel business) Dusit was seriously concerned about its "image", and since it's as close to all the actions as you can get for a 5 stars hotel I guess they could reasonably expect a lot of "guests"..

In any case that one experience was unpleasant enough and unless they have done some major improvements Dusit is old and tired and for that kind of money one can get better rooms elsewhere..

lonelywombat
January 16th, 2010, 13:15
I stayed at the Dusit august 2009 the bill was for 2 adults even though I was by myself.
I did not expect to be knocked back if I had company. Had no problems.

Great value at $aus 135 per night. great location and the pool number 1.

TrongpaiExpat
January 16th, 2010, 13:23
On the ground floor of the Dusit there's an excellent buffet dinner for around 800B, with drinks figure around 1000B per person. Not one of those huge selections buffets, less items at higher quality.

Koh Samui Luv
January 16th, 2010, 14:20
On the ground floor of the Dusit there's an excellent buffet dinner for around 800B, with drinks figure around 1000B per person. Not one of those huge selections buffets, less items at higher quality.

But TrongpaiExpat, you are missing an even higher quality place and at a lower price!

[attachment=2:39ym2hli]Restaurant - Atlanta Hotel.jpg[/attachment:39ym2hli]
"It is not unusual to see a limousine of a major five-star hotel parked in front of The Atlanta with its chauffeur standing by with cap in hand. A guest of that smart hotel has come to The Atlanta - a little budget hotel - for a serious Thai dinner, a dinner that costs less than the fare of the limousine!"

And its spotlessly clean pool, the oldest in Thailand!

[attachment=1:39ym2hli]Pool - Atlanta Hotel.jpg[/attachment:39ym2hli]
[attachment=0:39ym2hli]Pool 2 - Atlanta Hotel.jpg[/attachment:39ym2hli]
"The first hotel swimming pool in Thailand, constructed in 1954. This swimming pool remained the largest swimming pool in Thailand for over a decade."

Of course! It's the famous Atlanta Hotel! http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

Beachlover
January 16th, 2010, 18:33
I stayed at the Dusit august 2009 the bill was for 2 adults even though I was by myself.
I did not expect to be knocked back if I had company. Had no problems.

Great value at $aus 135 per night. great location and the pool number 1.

Agree it is getting worn and tired but the location is still number one.

There's usually better value to be had elsewhere (e.g. Sofitel) but sometimes the Dusit drops its rates to the $130-$150 mark when it's desperate.

January 17th, 2010, 01:41
There's usually better value to be had elsewhere (e.g. Sofitel) but sometimes the Dusit drops its rates to the $130-$150 mark when it's desperate.
I might be headed back to Bangkok in a couple of weeks, and looked up the Dusit (instead of the usual Le Meridien). The Dusit is selling rooms for 3000 THB these days, which is under $100. As is the Meridien, by the way. Same price.

January 17th, 2010, 02:30
[quote="let me tell u":1wg7lqhd]GAY HOTEL

If you want a nice Hotel, that has the same Marble Bath rooms as the Dusit for thousands of baht less, try BBB INN 1200 baht a night, anything goes, nothing wrong with it and its where all the action is.
BBB Inn
918 Rama 4 Rd
Phone: (0) 2236 - 2259 Fax: (0) 2234 - 3667
Used as a short time hotel for the Soi Pratuchai bats around the corner, but also does regular accommodation, has 17 standard rooms and 6 deluxe rooms with double bed, air-conditioning, minibar, hot shower and TV with UBC. Rooms from 1,200 to 1,500 Baht/night. No extra charge guests. Member of the BBB Group.

Errrrr ........ No. :rolling:

LMTU has completely taken leave of his senses on this one. There is no comparison between the Dusit and BBB Inn. They are leagues apart.

If you want a very good, gay hotel try Tarntawan Place. It has some detractors but it's the best gay hotel in Bangkok.

Un like you I do my home work as I have not stayed there in a while i rang them and yes they do charge a joiners fee.

You try the rooms in BBINN if you have stayed in a normal room at THE DUSIT your see the n|Marble Bathrooms are the same and so is the size of the room only the view is not the same so get your story right before you talk crap to much?[/quote:1wg7lqhd]

Better yet, if you enjoy shit encrusted toilets, bugs crawling around the bathroom and bed, stay at the BBB. Instead of a view, it gives you something else to look at and feel good about.

allieb
January 17th, 2010, 04:26
I do find it annoying that Tarntawan Place Hotel has discontinued its promotions (high season) and now the Suriwongse-facing rooms are about 3,000 Baht/night. The furnishings have been looking a bit seedy for some years and the breakfasts are uninspiring. However, they have many years experience as a gay-friendly accommodation and they expect all their guests to bring back at least one boy per night. I think next time in Bangkok, IтАЩll try the new Glitz Hotel, or the old but refurbished Rose Hotel. Both of them are gay friendly and probably cheaper than Tarntawan. I stayed opposite Tarntawan last time, at the Tawana, but I felt it was тАЬgay-toleratedтАЭ rather than gay friendly.

Bob

I got a corner room in The Rose in September and it was 1,500 Baht a night . Its more than gay friendly has a nice pool at the back and you can drag back who ever you like. Condoms are in a basket by the mini bar and are replaced every day should you use any. It's been tarted up and is very nice.

Brad the Impala
January 17th, 2010, 05:07
You try the rooms in BBINN if you have stayed in a normal room at THE DUSIT your see the Marble Bathrooms are the same and so is the size of the room, only the view is not the same, so get your story right before you talk crap to much?

To complement the marble, BBB Inn doubtless also has an olympic size swimming pool.

Beachlover
January 17th, 2010, 05:53
I might be headed back to Bangkok in a couple of weeks, and looked up the Dusit (instead of the usual Le Meridien). The Dusit is selling rooms for 3000 THB these days, which is under $100. As is the Meridien, by the way. Same price.

Geez... that is good value. I might be headed through there in a few weeks too. Never heard of Le Meridien being that cheap.

At the Dusit, don't stay in anything less than the Deluxe Room or Club Room... the standard rooms are crap. Deluxe rooms are pretty decent and you get a nice view.

Beachlover
January 17th, 2010, 06:00
I rang them [Dusit BKK] and yes they do charge a joiners fee. unless your joiner is previously booked in with you.

Nope... I wasn't charged. I stayed there a few days and brought back a boy every night. And a few other members here report not being charged.

I think it's at discretion... if you look like a decent bloke and are bringing back normal looking boys no problem. But if the return party at 3am looks a bit outrageous they will probably want to discourage future behaviour like this by charging a fee.... so if you ring them, they yes to keep their options open.

January 17th, 2010, 14:09

Geez... that is good value. I might be headed through there in a few weeks too. Never heard of Le Meridien being that cheap.

I looked around a bit more, and if you take some of the combos they offer (buy 2 nights, get one free etc) you can get:

Meridien: $100 / night
Hilton: $120 / night
Sofitel: $85 / night

Work is paying for my hotel, so I luckily don't have to stress too much over the rate so long as it isn't obscene. But I'm still looking for a happy medium between luxury and the possibility that I might want to bring someone back. Any suggestions?

Beachlover
January 17th, 2010, 15:43
Which man is that? I encountered about 4-5 staff standing between the door and the elevator doors each night. All they do is wai or politely acknowledge me and my buddy. They're really very nice there.

I can only report on my own experience. Perhaps they ask you to pay a joiners fee if you look like you're bringing back a bar boy or bar girl.

I'm sure BBBInn is nice... but don't think it can be compared to the Dusit. A warning about BBBInn though... a friend says he stayed there and the charge came up on his credit card as something like "Bangkok's Best Boys"... so don't offer your CC if you want to keep your CC statements looking innocent lol.

They should probably give their CC merchant account a more discrete name.

January 17th, 2010, 17:55
I'm sure BBBInn is nice

It's not. And the owners KNOW it isn't because they are right there all the time. 2 star at best, stains on the wall...bathrooms that could be upgraded to regular standards but they don't. They don't even over a flat sheet or any kind of covering on the beds...just the mattress cover and that's it. Wifi okay, but they could at least paint, clean and invest in some new sheets and towels.

BL, I kid you not. Use it for a short time off Soi Twilight sometime just so you know just how dreadful it is. I only use it as a last resort.

Beachlover
January 17th, 2010, 18:01
But Jack... our esteemed and highly credible poster, LMTU says BBB Inn has luxurious marble bathrooms just like the Dusit and sumptuous cotton white sheets you and your friend will simply melt into lol.

Beachlover
January 17th, 2010, 18:06
On another note... I never got why anyone would use a shoddy "short time" hotel for a date if you're visiting BKK. Surely it's nicer and more convenient to bring a friend back to the warm comfort of your own hotel room?

Sometimes if it's really late (really early in the morning) by the time we finish making love... I'll sneak down for the hotel's buffet breakfast while the boy is comfortably deep asleep between the sheets, before coming back to fall into a deep sleep next to his warm body. You can't do that if you're hopping in and out of a short time hotel.

January 17th, 2010, 18:21
Really?? Maybe that's the suite I never have had the pleasure of asking for?

Seriously, at 1200 baht, 50% higher than Malaysia, it never occurs to me to even think about taking out whatever passes for their superior rooms. I think you should gauge a place based on their cheapest offerings, because that is how low the owners will go in taking care of their guests. I really don't understand why they don't put in a 100K baht and spruce up things.

Check it out yourself, BL!

And I say this having had the single most intense night of sexual pleasure of my life in one of their rooms!

January 17th, 2010, 18:43
Jeez.... Jack, that's not fair. You say, " I had the single most intense night of sexual pleasure of my life in one of their rooms!", but we don't get any details??? Come on, Jack, if Dodger can fill up a screen that has us all slobering over our keyboards, couldn't you be a little less shy ? :happy7:

Beachlover
January 17th, 2010, 19:04
Really?? Maybe that's the suite I never have had the pleasure of asking for?

Seriously, at 1200 baht, 50% higher than Malaysia, it never occurs to me to even think about taking out whatever passes for their superior rooms. I think you should gauge a place based on their cheapest offerings, because that is how low the owners will go in taking care of their guests. I really don't understand why they don't put in a 100K baht and spruce up things.

Check it out yourself, BL!

And I say this having had the single most intense night of sexual pleasure of my life in one of their rooms!

LOL... you know I was kidding about LMTU's outrageous claims don't you?

On another note... I figured out a while ago never to go for the cheapest rooms. I usually go for the room 2nd (sometimes 3rd) above the cheapest offering. The lowest room (standard or superior) is usually the worst the hotel has to offer... sometimes without a view... on the undesirable side... lack of desk... small and cramped... or small windows without natural light... where as going one above to the deluxe room gets rid of all these problems.

It's not an exact science, but I usually find the second-tier room (usually called deluxe or superior) gives you the best of that hotel for the price you pay. Going above that (e.g. to the executive room, junior suite or whatever else there is) usually gives you diminishing returns for the price you pay... though sometimes it's worth it.

January 17th, 2010, 19:16
Re: best hotel in bangkok
Author: bobsaigon ┬╗ Sun 17 Jan, 2010 7:43 am

Jeez.... Jack, that's not fair. You say, " I had the single most intense night of sexual pleasure of my life in one of their rooms!", but we don't get any details??? Come on, Jack, if Dodger can fill up a screen that has us all slobering over our keyboards, couldn't you be a little less shy ?

Very few can write em up like Dodger can...the guy has talent! Let's just say it was a very special night with a special young man who put out about, oh, five times more than I expected he would ;-) I was exhausted the next morning.

January 17th, 2010, 19:28
OK, Jack, that at least will plant a seed in our imaginations.