PDA

View Full Version : airport transfere

paperboy
January 4th, 2010, 23:53
Hi it me again jajajjajajaj

now i have the hotel, i would be so so pleased if anyone can help me on the second part of my trip
the transfere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
will be arriving at bangkok international airport and wanting to get to pattaya, the quickest and safest and of course the cheepest way.
some countries ive been to i can hire a limo and about the same price a taxi would cost
any help me i would be so so thankfull to all my dear friends on this web site.
once again im so pleased ive found this site very very very helpfull keep up the good work

the paperboy from spain

Bob
January 4th, 2010, 23:57
You can actually deliver the news to yourself by using the search function....there's a lot of posts about taxi/limo/bus service to Pattaya.

bing
January 5th, 2010, 00:02
Paperboy,, Now that you have a hotel... conact them and ask them to arrange a taxi man to pick you up at the airport. He will have your name on a card as you enter the Terminal and help you with baggage to the taxi,, It is a nice way to enter the country. If the hotel arranges the taxi , you can be assured he will probably know the location of the hotel.

paperboy
January 5th, 2010, 00:33
thanks
how much should it be about roughly please

thankyou

luvthai-2
January 5th, 2010, 00:36
I highly recommend Mr.Toom's taxi service. He charges 1200 baht which includes the toll fees. I have used him for the past several years and have never had a problem. You can email him at toom39@msn.com

January 5th, 2010, 01:00
Try Bell Travel @ http://www.belltravelservice.com

You catch the bus from the lower level of arrivals. Once in Pattaya, you are transferred to a mini-van and dropped of at your hotel. The cost is 200 baht, about $6 USD.

If your hotel is not on their list, email them, they will add it, provided the hotel is in their service area.

Provided your arrival time jives with their schedule, it's decent.

cdnmatt
January 5th, 2010, 01:24
how much should it be about roughly please

Anywhere between 1100 - 1600 baht is reasonable. If it's lower than that, something's wrong. And if it's higher, you're getting ripped off.

AMARETTO-old
January 5th, 2010, 05:56
I highly recommend Mr.Toom's taxi service. He charges 1200 baht which includes the toll fees. I have used him for the past several years and have never had a problem. You can email him at toom39@msn.com
I used Toom's taxi services many times, never been desappointed, always on time

January 5th, 2010, 07:09
Paperboy,

I have sent you a PM about this topic and if you haven't yet, click on new messages link in the bar above. Feel free to ask me as many questions as your little paperboy heart desires. I'm sure others will be more than happy to offer advice privately wherever they can help.

JL

HawaiiBoy
January 5th, 2010, 07:44
The Bell service is quite reasonable and reliable...but it depends on your time of arrival. For example, they do not run all night and my flights always arrive at 23:45 hours.

The suggestion about having the hotel arrange the limo is a good one, but be sure and ask the price, if you are to pay the driver directly, and if you are to pay the tolls. Obviously it is better if the driver pays the tolls and it is included in the price. Also plan on tipping the driver, depending on service, 100 or 200 baht.

pong
January 5th, 2010, 17:45
start learning the basics of life; cheap and quick/comfy are often not mutual.
for CHEAP-that means a fare of about 120/150 THB, the BUS-as it would be about anywhere in this world-is the answer; the BELL transfer service picks up at airprot-at the odd hours (so thats 7/9-etc.) at the LOWEST=now again taxifloor, below arrivals. find the sign, pick up the fone and book yourself and gather with the eagerly anticipating crowd. this bus is supposed to put you down at any spot in PTY. As about any flight from Europe lands in BKk early morning or early afternoon-no need at all for full-rush-the bars wotn open till early evening anyway. and you will have that particular fenomenon of jetlag.

Beachlover
January 5th, 2010, 18:27
The only upside of Bell I see is it's probably safer than a little taxi car on the highway.

The big downside is time. It only leaves every 1-2 hours so you're probably going to have a fair bit of waiting time. It also doesn't go direct to your hotel on the other end... you probably have to wait for others... switch vehicles...etc. before being dropped off.

In the end you spend an extra 1-2 hours in transit to save maybe $25-$30... doesn't make sense for most people.

blueboy
January 5th, 2010, 20:37
Hey Paperboy

Maybe your name says you can't afford it all - in Thailand as in most places, you get what you pay for.

If you want cheap take the bus. If you want safe, that's another matter.

I have used Toom's taxi, and gems & phons in the past and found them pretty unsafe drivers (would''t chance it anymore - my life is worth more than saving a few bahts)and been coming to Thailand and have lived here several years. The roads are good in Thailand but the drivers are some of the worst in the world. I have driven in India which is just about the worst, but South Africa comes close.

I either take the bus, or if I am coming back from a long trip I use Image cars (google them) - safest around but a bit more expensive.

It's a bit like having or not having safe sex. Take care!

luvthai-2
January 5th, 2010, 22:46
I have been quite satisfied with the drivers Mr. Toom provides, All have been reliable and have helped several times when calling ahead to alert the guest house what time I willa rrive.