PDA

View Full Version : hotel what u think???

paperboy
January 2nd, 2010, 00:54
hi im comming to pattya in june and seen this hotel, the sansuk guest house and suana what you think for a gay lad, or should i go more up market, looking for a nice gay place. any feed back would be good thankyou

paperboy
January 2nd, 2010, 03:03
hi
sory what you mean ??????????????????????
im comming in june because thats when i have holidays, thats all, whay is june a bad time or something??????????????

January 2nd, 2010, 03:23
hi
sory what you mean ??????????????????????
im comming in june because thats when i have holidays, thats all, whay is june a bad time or something??????????????

Don't worry about it - some of the people on this board have advanced senile dementia, they forget others work.

What you're supposed to do is re-arrange your annual leave dates, come to Thailand in the high season (from October) and spend at least twice as much as you would by coming in June. In doing this you gain admittance to the SGT MMTS* Society (*More Money Than Sense)

Surprising as it may be to some, in June the Hotels still open their doors, the bars still open their bottles, and the boys still open their legs.

The Sansuk is a nice clean hotel with well furnished rooms - a little out of the way but there is transport nearby. Surprisingly,the owner of Sansuk also owns Howard's in Sunee Plaza which is the complete opposite.

:happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

January 2nd, 2010, 17:26
Re: hotel what u think???
Author: hereforme ┬╗ Fri 1 Jan, 2010 3:12 pm

If your coming here in June I suspect your budget is more inline with Motel 6....nothing here like that....Oh! You might try Howards!

hereforme

It might have given you a chuckle, but you're a jerk for treating this guy that way. A real jerk.

Beachlover
January 2nd, 2010, 17:41
Tui's Place and The Room Club on Jomtien Beach look good.

Beachlover
January 2nd, 2010, 17:41
I could be wrong but it smells a bit like Anyinoz...

lonelywombat
January 2nd, 2010, 17:56
If your coming here in June I suspect your budget is more inline with Motel 6....nothing here like that....Oh! You might try Howards!

That sounds a typical bitter expat who is forced to live in Pattaya on a reduced income. His posts always sound similar.

Tonight I gave some help to 2 school teachers who are coming to Pattaya in the midyear school holidays.
I think it was week commencing 23 june. Be careful all flights from Australia and New Zealand are usually booked out because of school holidays and the start of winter. As school holidays in different states differ, you might find airtickets hard to get although accomodation in Pattaya fairly easy to obtain.

Uni holidays start before private schools who usually have 3 weeks and public schools only 2 weeks. Add to this Thai students coming home for the mid year break, buy your tickets asap.

paperboy
January 2nd, 2010, 18:09
thanks everyone
so the hotel is ok, good, but would you recomend another hotel closer or nicer than that 1. its my first time comming to thialand and pattya so looking for some help, I have already booked my flights, just to sort out the hotel now.

January 2nd, 2010, 18:24
Paperboy,

You could go for Sansuk, for sure, and be quite happy. There's another way to go...google View Talay 5... a friend told me that he booked a studio there for less than 1000 baht a night (??) over the Christmas holidays. VT5 puts you paces from the Dongtan gay beach, within easy walking distance of the Jomtien complex. It is the *No. 1* place to be for gay action in Pattaya...upscale, no worries about joiners. You get your own kitchen and the pool is spectacular. Say 'View Talay 5' and you automatically have cache. The glut of studios available assure a lot of choice, cheaply. Just hire cleaning every three days at 300 baht and you have a home away from home that is a 5 star hotel equivalent. Offer 750 baht a night to any of the agents for your period in town and you will probably get it. Offer it now for a low season rental, wait until about a month before coming, and if you can't confirm you can still get Sansuk or any other place cheap at that point.

View Talay 5 is the place to be in Jomtien, I think, though I'm not completely sure...maybe other posters have ideas about that.

JL

PS...You can 'join' Suksan on a daily basis very economically...but the cost of making your way to key gay areas in town can add up, as Suksan is located well down a soi from the main road, and away from shopping, markets and dining areas.

PSS VT2 is also good, cheaper, but without the beach proximity.

cdnmatt
January 2nd, 2010, 18:29
How about Mosaik? http://www.mosaikpattaya.com/

paperboy
January 3rd, 2010, 06:24
once again thankyou very much

I was really looking for a nice hotel rather than a apartment.
The location is important to me, want to be near the gay life ect.
does anyone recomend a good hotel at a reasonable price. not cheep but not expensive,
normally pay about 50 euros a night, thats about 2400 bahts a night, in other parts of the world.
any help would be great, im only there for 2 weeks so a long rentle is not what im looking for.
thankyou very much

January 3rd, 2010, 06:34
Well, check out Poseidon in the Jomtien complex: Great location right on the main road at the tip of all the Jomtien Complex action. Quick walk to the Dongtan Beach. Ten minute, ten baht 'baht bus' ride puts you in Sunee or Boyztown. Lots of places to have great meals of every kind of cuisine. The rooms are really nice and well decorated...classy place. Gay owned and no joiner fee. About 1200-1600 baht a night during that time, I think. I stayed there once and remember being very impressed.

Remember: During the day you're going to be hanging out at the Dongtan gay beach. Makes sense to base yourself there as it's more quiet and relaxed than Sunee or Boyztown.

paperboy
January 3rd, 2010, 06:36
oh yes forgot to say that the sansuk is only 1500 bahts a night . so is that a good deal
and on the agoda web site there seems tobe a lot of cheep accom

thanks

January 3rd, 2010, 06:44
Sounds like what you really want is to go to Sansuk, which is about a 5 minute baht bus ride from the Jomtien Complex!

Only problem with it is its location is way down a soi equidistance between Boyztown and Jomtien. Every time you want to go somewhere you'll either have to hike up to the main road or hire a motorbike taxi for no less than 50 baht to take you to either venue.

1500 is a good rate for a good hotel, though at that time of year you can usually get cheaper but remember, Sansuk is offering you the convenience of its sauna facilities. Do you like the sauna experience? It's quite small, and not very busy during the day. Things pick up at night but during low season...who knows?

Hope this helps.

Howard's in Sunee is okay as well, and they have a lift. Ambience in Boyztown is well thought off too.

January 3rd, 2010, 07:40
There has been loads said about the sansuk.........check the resource forum...............

paperboy
January 3rd, 2010, 18:25
hi again everyone

what a great web site, thanks

Im just so confused now, so many hotels to choose from :dontknow:

Ive been looking for hours and hours at the hotels that agoda have to offer
loads seem great and very very good value for money. so far my top 4 are :
1. royal twins hotel 25 euros for deluxe room
2.pattaya center hotel 18 euros for superior room
3.sunbeam hotel 23 euros for a superior room
4.Baywalk Residence, Pattaya 39 euros for deluxe room

all seem very nice and central to the night life,
I was just asking the experts on here for some help in getting a nice hotel at a nice price, since its low season, ( which i did not know until someone pointed it out on here thanks)
any help would be great thanks

paperboy ( spain)

jinks
January 3rd, 2010, 19:14
Ive been looking for hours and hours at the hotels that agoda have to offer
loads seem great and very very good value for money.

paperboy ( spain)

I trust you are clicking to Agoda through the banner ad, the site will earn a few cents... Thanks.

January 3rd, 2010, 19:23
Paperboy,

I'm really disappointed that you enlisted and wasted the the resources of this board only to throw up Agoda prices and selections as if, in the end, the only thing that matters are price and proximity.

Go ahead and book your hotel based on the criteria you already had in mind to use. You will find out, just like the rest of us, what the learning curve is for Pattaya accommodation.

You're a new poster, so I will allow that you don't really know your way around. But to sign on to the board, ask us to waste our time giving advice, then completely disregard all of it is NOT COOL.

Good luck finding your 'perfect' Agoda gay hotel.

paperboy
January 3rd, 2010, 19:32
hi jacklippton

thanks for your help, all i was trying to do on this great forum was to get some help from people who are in the know, thats all. I was not really botherd if its a gay hotel or not, just some where nice and located in agood place for a gay lad like me who like to party at night and relax during the day.
Yes ive been looking through agoda web site, because thats the only 1 i can find, i look at hotel then the price , then click over to trip adviser to see what is siad there. I think my top choice so far now, is baywalk residence or the royal twins hotel.
Just so so so so many to choose from, you must understand that im new and never been before, so what looks nicew on the net, might be a hole of a place.
where i live in spain, im always recomending nice place for people to stay at.
So if anyone can help i really wouild be happy, once again thankyou.

January 3rd, 2010, 19:48
No worries, Paperboy.

I know where you're at. I've stayed at Day Night against the advice of friends here for years. Just understand that the insider knowledge you gleam from here is garnered from years of moving around this area.

I confess: Agoda is the ONLY resource I use to book hotels throughout asia. But, to you, my advice, if you are truly looking for a gay hotel, to consider what's offered up on the board.

UP TO YOU.

pennyboy
January 3rd, 2010, 21:42
Try the Nova Platinum on the main baht bus route to Jomtien and central Pattaya. 10 Min walk to Sunne and a little longer to Boyztown. Rooms are great, super swimming pool. No joiners fees and although not a "gay " hotel, no problem taking boys back if they have ID .

January 3rd, 2010, 22:14
You have not named one hotel on your list that is "Gay Friendly"...Are you from Iowa? :8(

In all my many years in Thailand I have never had the misfortune to come across a hotel that was 'unfriendly' to gay people. Perhaps if such places exist then they should be named and shamed for the benefit of new visitors.

cdnmatt
January 3rd, 2010, 22:28
Sanook as usual you add nothing of any substance! :8(

Now that has to be one of the most thought provoking, substance filled posts I've ever read on SGT. :-)

cdnmatt
January 3rd, 2010, 22:31
You have not named one hotel on your list that is "Gay Friendly"...Are you from Iowa? :8(

In all my many years in Thailand I have never had the misfortune to come across a hotel that was 'unfriendly' to gay people. Perhaps if such places exist then they should be named and shamed for the benefit of new visitors.

I've witnessed hotels before that weren't friendly to gay people. Had nothing whatsoever to do with the Thai staff working of course, but just a group of drunken farangs in the lounge. That's basically the only time I could ever see a hotel in Thailand being unfriendly to gay people; when farangs are the instigators.

Being gay seems to be viewed differently here. It's not that it's accepted, but moreso that it just doesn't matter. In the west, people say things like, "oh yeah, I have this gay friend, and he's a fabulous guy", whereas in Thailand that type of thought process doesn't even seem to enter their mind most of the time. It's simply a moot point.

January 3rd, 2010, 22:34
You could try The Ambience in Boystown. Gay friendly & almost next door to the finest gogo bar in town (Funnyboys).

January 3rd, 2010, 22:52
I've witnessed hotels before that weren't friendly to gay people. Had nothing whatsoever to do with the Thai staff working of course, but just a group of drunken farangs in the lounge. That's basically the only time I could ever see a hotel in Thailand being unfriendly to gay people; when farangs are the instigators.

Being gay seems to be viewed differently here. It's not that it's accepted, but moreso that it just doesn't matter. In the west, people say things like, "oh yeah, I have this gay friend, and he's a fabulous guy", whereas in Thailand that type of thought process doesn't even seem to enter their mind most of the time. It's simply a moot point.

Point taken, but alas that can happen anywhere that you come across a group/s of drunks. if the OP is looking for an 'Only Gay' hotel then he will be limited to choice and of course price. Other than that all hotels in Thailand (unless a SGT poster can name one that actually makes a habit of being unfriendly to gay people) are open. The only other point of consideration is those hotels that charge a joiner fee and those that don't for a visitor who will be looking for overnight company.

Beachlover
January 4th, 2010, 04:07
Yes, the group of drunks or bogans can happen anywhere but it's much worse in your own hotel as you can't get away from it.

paperboy
January 4th, 2010, 06:11
think my post has been highjacked lol
i looked at some of the gay only places, not cheep and no pool.
think ive narrowerd it down to 3

lonelywombat
January 4th, 2010, 06:53
I have a number of friends that stay in the Royal Twins Palace Hotel and they swear by it. They are all gay and have never had a problem in almost 10 years.

The advantages come down first to location, just across the road from Boyztown, a short walk to Sunee, they have a swimming pool a big plus and the baht bus stos outside on the way back from the Jomtien Beach.

Walking distance from the Cinema and bowling, department stores and 400 metres from the beach.

Remember baht buses go one way in second road. My friends usually walk to the corner of Second and South Road if they want to catch bahtbus to Jomtien If you want to get motorbike taxi to Sunee [it rains sometimes] the walk to the same corner saves the long bike trip via Beach road.

Just a hint when your thread gets to a third page forget it, resubmit your query as a new thread based on the positives you had received to date.

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2010, 08:12
Point taken, but alas that can happen anywhere that you come across a group/s of drunks. if the OP is looking for an 'Only Gay' hotel then he will be limited to choice and of course price. Other than that all hotels in Thailand (unless a SGT poster can name one that actually makes a habit of being unfriendly to gay people) are open. The only other point of consideration is those hotels that charge a joiner fee and those that don't for a visitor who will be looking for overnight company.

Sorry sanook, maybe I should have worded myself better, but I was actually in total agreement with you. I don't think there is such as thing as a "unfriendly gay" hotel. When most Thais find out you're gay, it seems as though most of the time it's as important to them as finding out your favorite color is blue. By and large, they simply don't give a shit. The whole concept of accepting you for being gay doesn't even seem to enter their thought process, as it's just simply a non-issue.

The only actual anti-gay sentiment I've ever witnessed in Thailand was from farangs, never Thais. I've gotten lots of chuckles and laughts from Thais, but I don't consider that negative at all.

Beachlover
January 4th, 2010, 09:19
That's one reason I love Thailand.