PDA

View Full Version : cruising places in Phuket???

December 30th, 2009, 20:05
Dropped into Phuket for a few days...any good cruising places without the ladyboy crowd in and around the island??? That park is too dark and you end up with ugly guys propositioning you. Don't bother mentioning the Paradise crowd...either too straight or too femmy.

Beachlover
December 30th, 2009, 20:13
Which park?

I think most Thais live in Phuket Town.

December 30th, 2009, 20:44
Suan luang Park

lonelywombat
January 7th, 2010, 09:32
Dropped into Phuket for a few days...any good cruising places without the ladyboy crowd in and around the island??? That park is too dark and you end up with ugly guys propositioning you. Don't bother mentioning the Paradise crowd...either too straight or too femmy.

Obviously another troll that does not know how to use the search feature

January 7th, 2010, 10:13
Cruising, as everyone knows, changes monthly, if not daily. It's very topical and old information archived is useless.

I researched, on Mlomker's advice, 'cruisingforsex' and other places, such as Utopia, etc and found nothing but the same two venues: that park and Big C bathrooms, both which I've checked out BEFORE I asked for advice here.

Also, I've personally cruised the beaches in Patong, but after the first three times resulted in being driven, at my own expense, three different back ways to Paradise Complex, I figured out that MO.

Unlike hotels, taxi rides, airport locations, whether to 'book now or wiat ?????????????????????' queries, mine isn't static- it requires fresh input. You, however, have an endless, bottomless, 'oh let me help you tie your shoelaces and comb your hair' patience for newbie posters asking silly questions easily found on the surface of the internet..if not in brightly-lit neon signage with arrows pointing to it in the best Vegas fashion.

You might see, also, that I've been posting on this board since summertime. It's been six months of no new information on good cruising places in Phuket, so automatically it required asking about it in a new thread.

If your point, lonelywombat, that I've engaged in troll-like behavior because I didn't use the search function here, why is it that it didn't bother you when Paperboy did the same?

lonelywombat
January 7th, 2010, 10:21
If your point, lonelywombat, that I've engaged in troll-like behavior because I didn't use the search function here, why is it that it didn't bother you when Paperboy did the same?

Not really but after more PM's in a week that I have ever from any other poster, in addition to your comments on other threads, I just wanted to point out there are two sides to everything

Re paperboy, your post was before that. I posted this comment after receiving 3 PM's from you in an hour today.

Lighten up you are on holiday.

January 7th, 2010, 10:35
I'll go along with that!

Guns are now re-holstered.

dab69
January 7th, 2010, 12:19

Obviously another troll that does not know how to use the search feature

checking the search function yields nothing of use.
perhaps there are two trolls that can't use it.

January 7th, 2010, 13:19
ha ha! There's a truce, baby...don't shatter it!

bing
January 7th, 2010, 17:27
Hi Jack- I'm glad to hear there is a truce. It could be you have blown over the Paradise Complex as a place worth your time. While I am of the advanced age group. There were, by my observations, lots of younger guys on the prowl in the Complex. If you can't find what you are looking for Paradise Complex, one might think you would have trouble finding a drink after falling into a vat of beer. The Paradise Complex is ground zero for all sorts of Thai guys. If you are searching for muscles you may want to to wander to the Bangla Boxing Center. Lots of friendly muscles there.

January 7th, 2010, 20:25
Bing,

I've been in that area many times. I've come to hate Mamasans as they've gone all fem boy or rough boy, with a mamasan I can't stand. Had a bad experience at My Way, offing what I thought was a great find only to discover that the 'straight acting guy' was a flaming fem boy who insisted on swinging his oversize purse around all the way back to Jungceylon parking. Met a guy at Boat Bar my first time that seemed really cool, then discovered he was borderline psychotic and had dozens of tiny burn or cut scars all over his chest. I've tried the host bars and massages, only to take off guys that all turned out to be not gay and had little training in just exactly they are being hired for, if you know what I mean.

I've been stalked by a boy from Spartacus who I once used for a very unsatisfying massage that he apparently thought it was for me to get him off, instead of the other way around, and wrap things up for my one hour massage (there was literally no massage) in 15 minutes. Every time I was in the complex for three years after he remembered me, pestered me and always assumed that if he made eye contact, bumped into me or otherwise shadowed me I would want him again. I took one great looking boy home from WOW when it was open, enjoyed the night, then discovered that the reason he wanted the lights out all night was because his body was covered with hideous birthmarks (not that I have a problem with that, but by hiding it I felt he misrepresented himself).

Spending a lot of time in the area for the first few years of visiting in Thailand, I came to think of it as being a katoey pilgrimage spot. To survive in Phuket, where it is very expensive, you would have to be a bit more cynical anyway in the game. Throw in the fact that the countryside supply lines are almost completely Muslim...well, you get the idea.

I give the complex a whirl every now and then when I visit on business. Every time I seem to meet up with the same thing: too many fem boys, too many katoey's, too small a venue to encourage the new merchandise and wide selection you get in Bangkok and Pattaya. But hey, that's just me. I'm all for anything anyone else finds enjoyable and I can imagine, visiting infrequently, Paradise is a hoot and offers great guys for the night. I just have a little bit too much history, and bad luck. (And I'm considered good looking enough, so I'm not some super-geriatric pervert prowling around).

Brad the Impala
January 7th, 2010, 20:53
. To survive in Phuket, where it is very expensive, you would have to be a bit more cynical anyway in the game. Throw in the fact that the countryside supply lines are almost completely Muslim...well, you get the idea.

Not quite accurate, Buddhists are a majority in the province of Phuket, and even in the adjoining provinces the numbers are not significantly biased towards Muslims. You have to further south for Muslim majorities. In any case there are a mix of Thais from all over Thailand in Phuket, including gay muslims.

January 7th, 2010, 21:00
countryside supply lines are almost completely Muslim

Hi Brad,

There are no countrysides in Phuket, so I was obviously referring to the mainland areas that surround it, which are predominantly Muslim toward the south. But Bangkok and Pattaya call from the north for the middle. If you've ever noted the huge amount of Isaan boys in Pattaya, you know how important those supply lines are :-)

Fact is, Phuket is filled with an enormous number of immigrants from poorer provinces. The Muslim towns on the island are numerous and, seriously, I absolutely adore Thai Muslims- they are the BEST! (food, manners, kindliness toward me) but gay sex they just don't get quite as freely as the Buddhist Thais do.

Anyway, just my thoughts and impressions. To each their own.

January 7th, 2010, 21:10
I want to clarify that rather than pure numbers, I believe Muslims contribute to tamping down what would otherwise be a fully exuberant Buddhist Thai ambivalence toward gay sex. Thailand is 95% Buddhist, so I can't believe that if the few southernmost provinces are heavily Muslim that they have much more than a minority presence in the central provinces, near Phuket. But there's definitely a more subdued, more conservative bent to the Thais down here, IMHO.

Brad's technically right.

January 10th, 2010, 05:34
At the FOUNTAIN, paradise complex. After 3am.