PDA

View Full Version : Songkran Travel Question

Surfcrest
April 14th, 2006, 16:43
The amazing guy that I have been spending time with this week is planning on going home when I head out of the country this Sunday.

I should have known, but travelling this weekend is going to be difficult. He is trying to get home to Buriram, but was told yesterday at the Pattaya Terminal that there wasn't any space available. I thought of putting him on a plane, as I read in Lonely Planet that Phuket Airlines flew there daily from Bangkok. While online today, I only saw a flight through Thai Airways.

I've tried exploring the Thai State Railway site, but it doesn't appear as though you can book online through them.

Not wanting to strand him in Bangkok, would anyone know of any other options?

Thanks,

Surfcrest

Up2U
April 14th, 2006, 17:24
http://www.tourismthailand.org/destinat ... 0&typeid=2 (http://www.tourismthailand.org/destinationguide/list.aspx?provinceid=20&typeid=2)

Buses and trains to Buriram daily. If you can't book the train on-line I suggest you call the contact #.

April 14th, 2006, 17:42
Surfcrest, just have your friend go to one of the main railway stations. Very easy and inexpensive to get a rail ticket to Buriram. Even a falang like myself found the rail system a breeze. You might give him the money for a first class ticket since the other classes may be rather crowded.

wowpow
April 14th, 2006, 21:14
I wonder why travelling from Bangkok to the Provinces would be difficult on Sunday. vice versa understandable. Songkran is over and everyone rushing back to work? According to TAT the only public holiday is 13th April.

Phuket Air have dropped all but a couple of their routes.

Surfcrest
April 15th, 2006, 09:48
Thank you very much for your very helpful suggestions.

Funny how much conflicting information there is online about air travel to Buriam.
The travel agent I went to last night insisted that Phuket Airlines goes to Buriam now that Thai airways has recently dropped it. Unfortunately we are beyond the 72 hour cut off to arrange that online.

I truly enjoy train travel myself, provided we aren't all crammed into 3rd Class for hours upon hours.
The bus hasn't been nearly as much fun as I'll explain in May after I get home and have more time to write about adventures / experiences past.

I am worried about stranding him in Bangkok, if the options don't materialize once we get there early tomorrow.
I take off from BKK and won't have a lot of time to guide him to what options are available. I had hoped that we both could depart from BKK, allowing that important good-bye time.

Thank you very much once again,

Surfcrest

April 15th, 2006, 20:26
Surfcrest Dear

It is so very sweet and kind of you to make the arrangements for your friend's trip home. As we know, these innocent boys who go to Bangkok and Pattaya to sell their bodies don't have a clue how to make it back to their home villages - what would they do without jai dii farang such as yourself?

Why don't you give him the money for a first class airline ticket and all the remaining Thai Baht from your trip like all jai dii farang would. That should sort him out; a good boy like that would go straight home to his family until your next visit. No siree, he wouldn't even think of going back to Pattaya to meet his next John right after you leave. He knows you are special.

Go with love, grow with love.

paulg
April 15th, 2006, 21:07
Surfcrest Dear

It is so very sweet and kind of you to make the arrangements for your friend's trip home. As we know, these innocent boys who go to Bangkok and Pattaya to sell their bodies don't have a clue how to make it back to their home villages - what would they do without jai dii farang such as yourself?

Why don't you give him the money for a first class airline ticket and all the remaining Thai Baht from your trip like all jai dii farang would. That should sort him out; a good boy like that would go straight home to his family until your next visit. No siree, he wouldn't even think of going back to Pattaya to meet his next John right after you leave. He knows you are special.

Go with love, grow with love.

Why dont you go back to chiang rai and your boys. Dont preach to us.

April 15th, 2006, 21:27
Why dont you go back to chiang rai and your boys. Dont preach to us.Come and preach to me, Yimsuai. I've been missing you, chat-wise (as those Americans say)

April 15th, 2006, 21:27
God are you back again sniping and making totally negative comments.

When have you ever made a positive post. You old bitter useless load of shit.

Get back under the stone you crept from under and dont come back.

Stick with the chat sessions with the other useless shits that poured shit on every poster on this forum

You are a phony.

Why dont you go back to chiang rai and your boys. Dont preach to us.

Is this sarcastic shit back again. Nothing positive always knocking

What an arsehole.

Paulg . I put your last 3 postings from 3 different treats together.

Go look in the mirror and see
What an arsehole , You sure winning this weeks award " Pisser of the week ".

Stop this bullshit , Syd